Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Twenty-Three, Chap. Forty-Six: Mimi and Iwan ( Chapter 46 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Mimi and Iwan

“She wants to close down the club,” Mimi said in bed. “Can you believe that?” Iwan turned his head.

“Can you blame her?” he asked. Mimi raised her eyebrow.

“Huh?” she asked.

“She seems tired,” he said. “Maybe she just wants to move on.”

“But there are so many girls that need her. What about them?”

“Maybe that's why she's helping them to move on.”

Mimi rolled over onto her stomach. “But does that make it right, her leaving and all.”

“Sometimes, people have to move on.”

“Including you?”

“What do you mean by that?”

Mimi climbed on top of him. “Will you get tired of me and move on?”

“Why would you think that?” Iwan asked. She narrowed her eyes at him.

“I am not some play thing for you to throw away,” she said.

“I know, I know,” he said.

“I mean it!”

“Yes, I know.” Iwan put his arms around her waist. “But, I can't help but wonder. What are you so afraid of?” Mimi snorted.

“Me?” she asked. “Afraid? Absurd!”

“Is it?”

“Yeah!”

“That's not how I see it, dear.”

Mimi turned her head. “Huh?”

“Why do you want the club to keep going?”

“Because the girls don't have anywhere else to go.”

“Is it the girls or you that won't have anywhere else to go?”

She gave him a strange look. “Them. I'll be fine.”

“You sure about that?” he asked. The dancer sighed and rolled her eyes as he rolled off of him.

“I don't mean to offend you,” he said.

“I am not some sad little girl who needs to be rescued,” Mimi said, snorting.

“I didn't say you were,” Iwan said. “I'm only saying that because it looks like you are trying to chase something down to feel full.” She rolled over with her back to him, puffing up her cheeks.

“I'm just doing this to humor her,” the dancer said.

“Then answer me this,” Iwan said.

“What?” Mimi asked.

“What will you do after this is all over?” he asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

“I don't know,” she said. “I'll think of something.” Iwan put his hand on her shoulder.

“Come live with me,” he whispered. Mimi turned around with a confused look on her face.

“Seriously?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he said, nodding.

“Why?” the dancer asked.

“Why not?” her beau asked. “You don't have to answer right away. I just giving you an option. No matter what you choose, I will be here and I won't get tired of you.” Iwan waited for her to come back at him with a snarky comment. But, she didn't say anything.

“Dearest?” he asked.

“Good night,” Mimi said. Iwan couldn't help but smile.

“Good night,” he said back. The business man reached over and cut off the light on his nightstand. Meanwhile, Mimi closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep. She fought to not smile to herself. Maybe helping Sandra close the club and moving in with Iwan doesn't sound so bad.

Slowly Letting Go