Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Twelve, Chapter Forty-Five: Party's Over ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The couple had to cut their trip short. Something went wrong. It all started with a shot. Multiple shots in fact. All muffled. One would assume a book fell or something. No one would know until hours later.

-7:00 a.m.-

“Senor? Senor?” Benita knocked on the door. No answer.

“Senor? Senor?” She knocked on the door again. The wasn't like him. Manuel was fine last night. He couldn't be sick, right? Benita took a breath.

“I'm coming in, okay?” she asked. She stood back and opened the door.

“Senor?”

The room was dark. Benita walked inside. She turned on the light. Her screams woke up everyone in the house.

Manuel had been shot eight times. He was sound asleep during the assassination. There wasn't a sign of a break-in. Could this be an inside job?

---------

-Japan-

Boris heard the news about midnight. His phone rang by his bed.

“What?! When? How?”

Now, he had a problem. Was this assassination connected? Who knew the couple was in Cuba? How many more dogs were traitors? Boris had to call a meeting.

--------

-Cuba-

Everyone was up by now. They figured out what happened right away. Manuel had been in bed when he was killed. Valentina and Mikhael stood in the hall.

“What's going to happen to us?” Mikael asked.

“What else? We get the hell out of here!” Valentina shouted. She ignored the eyes on her. Mikhael didn't try to argue with her.

They only had been in Cuba for three days. The trip had been good up to this point. Valentina and Manuel had made some progress with building an alliance. Last night was fine.

They had another great dinner. Manuel took them out on the town. It was on his dime.

“It's all on me!” he said. Valentina was happy to take him up on the offer.

“Yay!” she cheered. They went out to a fancy restaurant. Mikhael didn't say a word. It still felt weird. Still, he wondered what would come next.

Certainly not this.

-----------

-Japan-

Boris and the men worked to get the couple home. However, there was another problem.

The police were asking questions about the murders. Valentina's name came up from one of the witnesses. Boris swore under his breath. The Solshska would have to sneak Mikhael and Valentina back into the country. They couldn't stay in Cuba anymore. Too dangerous. But they had to make a decision. Boris picked up the phone.

“Hello? I need that favor from you,” he said.

---------

-Cuba-

By ten in the morning, the couple were on a plan back to Japan. However, things were about to get worse.

Party's Over