Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You Doing? ❯ From A Different Perspective ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Wow Kayla, I know you can be friendly and all but I didn't know you can be that friendly."

"Ugh. You don't have to make it sound that way you know..." I said wearily. Laying on my bed, I I smothered a pillow that was next to me on my face, wanting to hide my expression. Melanie, my neighbor and best friend, was sitting on the other side of my room on my big blue bean bag chair.

"Haha. Well I'm just stating my opinion. Sorry," Melanie laughed.

About an hour ago, I dropped off Mia at her house. Truth be told, I didn't want her to go. I wanted her to stay with me and take a longer stroll in the park, just the two of us. I enjoyed having her company. Yet... I didn't want her to have that sad expression. Doing the "right" thing, I drove her home. The feeling of emptiness filled the air as she stepped out of my car and shut the door. The constricted feelings I had within me... I couldn't take it. I needed to talk to someone. As soon as I got to my house, I called up Melanie and invited her over. I told her everything I did with Mia. Good thing Mom had work... I wouldn't want her to suddenly eavesdrop into the conversation.

(
Unknown to Kayla, Mia was explaining her experience regarding Kayla to Alan at the same time Kayla was telling Melanie.)

"So you really did breathe your name into her ear when you told her your name?" I took the pillow off my face and nodded. "Did you really ask her to eat lunch with you?" I nodded again. "And did you REALLY rub your bare leg against her bare leg?!" she asked incredulously.

I made an exasperated sigh. "Yes Melanie... I did."

The next thing I hear is her making a high pitched squeal before she begins giggling as if she was a little girl. I haven't heard her squeal like that since she saw her favorite male celebrity topless on TV.

"Kayla Marie Anderson! I cannot
believe you did that! I bet that made her really uncomfortable," Melanie smiled.

"Maybe," I smirked. "Whenever I see Mia blush, I just have this urge to make her even redder."

"So you're seducing her."

I point a finger at her. "Hey now. Don't go there."

She chuckled. "But... do you
like her, Kayla? Friends don't really do that to each other, you know?"

I contemplate the thought as I stare at my ceiling. "I don't know... maybe. Its... its hard to describe. I just know she's something...
special to me. But if I do like her you'll still be my friend right? You won't think its weird?"

"Of course! I've known you since kindergarten. Its gotta be something big, besides you liking a girl, that will cause me to cease our friendship. I don't think its weird at all. Well I think
you're weird that but that's another story."

I smiled at her. "Its just when I talked to her, its like she's really talking to
me. Its not like when I was in school, a group of girls would come up to me wanting to be my friend because I was pretty and had all the boys gawking, yet all they wanted to be was popular and maybe snag a boy or two. You know the guys were even worse." Melanie nodded. "Everything frickin' jock was like betting to see who would sleep with me first. It was so stupid I couldn't take it. It was like no one wanted to be friends with me just to be friends. You were my only true friend, Melanie."

"I'm always there for ya, girlfriend," she said. "So this Mia is something special to you huh? I'd like to meet her."

"Heh, Maybe one day."

Melanie begins to play with a strand of her brunette hair. "Hey Kayla... I'm curious. What do you want from this relationship?"

I sighed and got up from my bed, heading towards the window. I stare at the sky that existed beyond my room. "You know what I want... I want what Tyler couldn't give me in the end."

"
I want her to love me... but I shouldn't get my hopes up..." I murmured to myself.

---------------------------------------------------------- ----
A/N: I decided to tell a bit of the story from Kayla's POV. Short chapter I know, but I have finals really soon and I also have to study SATs as well T_T Sorry to say, but don't expect an update anytime soon. Thanks to everyone who reads this story. If you want check out my other story, a one-shot, and tell me what you think of it.