Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ Jack's Lament ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
It was getting late in Winter-Land.
 
Father-Winter had some work to do. The four seasons had been thrown out of order due to the Red Ribbon Army.
 
A lot of the Sprites had already gone to bed after a long, long day of winter work.
 
Jack was about to go to bed, when he heard the faint sound of someone crying. He recognized it as Elisa's cry.
 
She was sitting sadly in the snow as she clutched Sir Ravenaugh 's sword in her Sprite hands.
 
Jack walked over to her. “You really miss him, don't you?” he asked.
 
Elisa nodded sadly, and then reached up around him, crying into his shoulder.
 
After awhile Elisa asked, “Jack, if you were able to, would you have helped him out?”
 
“Of course I would have.” said Jack, “I'd do anything for you, Elisa. I've proven it more than once.”
 
He told her the story of how he saved her life.
 
* * *
 
Elisa was at the frozen lake one day, when suddenly Kubla Karus had trotted his iron horse on the ice causing it to break up.
 
Elisa was sent drifting up the rushing river on a little block of ice. She cried for help, but nobody came looking for her..
 
She was about to go over the waterfall, but Jack was roaming about in his Sprite-forum, and he used his frost to freeze the lake solid.
 
This re-froze the lake and the fall, causing Elisa to slide merrily to safety without getting hurt.
 
And to think, Elisa called Jack a hero!
 
When Jack was a human, even though it was true that Ravenaughsaved Elisa when Kubla Kraus had her as a hostage…
 
Kubla threatened to destroy the town, so Jack changed back into his Sprite- forum and used his power to burry Kubla and his castle.
 
And just before the Spring came, with the help of Father-Winter, Jack over-threw the Cossack king as he promised he would.
 
Had it not been for Jack, January-Junction would have been destroyed long ago instead of just recently.
 
* * *
 
Elisa's heart gave a burst of joy, she had always said Jack Frost saved her at times, but never imagined it was true.
 
“But Jack, why did you become a human?” she asked him, “What were you doing in January-Junction?”
 
Jack looked deeply inside himself. He thought, and he decided it was time that she knew.
 
He stood up and held out his hand for hers, “Elisa, come with me. I want to show you something.” He said.
 
Elisa agreed to go with him and took his hand. The two Sprites leaped into the sky and down through the clouds.
 
* * *
 
They flew over another city that was enjoying the winter even though it was nighttime!
 
Children building snowmen, ice skaters having fun on the frozen pond, even the tobogganing people were having fun.
 
Jack took Elisa everywhere, and showed her the joy's of being a winter sprite. Jack taught Elisa how to nip noses, create frost, and all that stuff.
 
But Elisa seemed to be really good creating snow banks and snow-falls for the people.
 
She and Jack had such fun!
 
* * *
 
When the town's folk had all gone to bed, Jack and Elisa were resting near a lake in the woods nearby.
 
“This was such a wonderful evening, Jack.” said Elisa, “But why did you really bring me here?” she asked.
 
Jack looked around and saw no one was looking. He held onto Elisa and changed into his mortal-state, changing Elisa back as well…
 
“Elisa, do you remember the woman I told you that I am in love with?” He asked. Elisa nodded.
 
“I'll show her to you.” said Jack nervously. Elisa looked excited, but curious to why he was leading her to the ice on the lake.
 
“Where is this woman, Jack?” she asked, “Who is she, and what does she look like?”
 
Jack pointed down at the ice, where the moonlight lit up their reflections perfectly.
 
“She's right there!”
 
Elisa looked down and saw that Jack was pointing directly at her reflection… “…Me?” she asked.
 
“You… Love me, Jack?”
 
Jack nodded, and Elisa blushed like crazy and felt her heart beating like crazy. So Jack decided to tell her everything…
 
* * *
 
He fell in love with Elisa, because she was the kindest and most beautiful mortal Jack had ever laid eyes on.
 
Not to mention that she even admitted that she loved Jack Frost
 
Jack wanted to be with her, earn her heart, but a Winter-Sprite cannot be seen, heard or Physically felt by humans.
 
And to Jack…this was not what he really wanted.
 
* * *
 
[Jack]
 
-The happiness of being me
Is not, what it's cracked up to be
It's lonely, being one of a kind.
 
-With all the know varieties
The fame that Nature's given to me
It's lonely being one of a kind
 
 
-I wanted, to be
Like everyone I see
Not special, Just an ordinary guy.
Who falls, in love
And lives a simple life
At least, I got to have… a chance to try
 
-The happiness of being me
Is not, what it's crack up to be
It's lonely, being one of a kind.
It's lonely, being one of a kind
 
* * *
 
With Father-Winter's help, Jack become mortal, and was able to befriend Elisa as Jack Snip.
 
But just couldn't tell her he was really Jack Frost!
 
He was also to obtain a Home…A Horse…A bag of Gold…and Wifeby spring to be able to remain a mortal forever.
 
But saving herand the townfrom KublaKarus had interfered with his time.
 
But by the first day of Spring,Kubla was beaten, and Jack obtained Kubla's castle, horse, and gold as his own.
 
But Jack needed tomake Elisa his wife before noon… but by the time he made it to town, she and Ravenaugh were on their way to bemarried.
 
And Jack had failed…and at noon, he vanished back into a Sprite, which was also why he did not attend the wedding
 
 
Jack was compensated for his efforts, and permitted to stay in January-Junction, only until spring.
 
* * *
 
Elisa's eyes were brimming with tears.
 
“The point was…” said Jack, “I didn't have the heart to tell you any of this, because you probably wouldn't have believed me!”
 
 
“So you see now! I was trying to win you over, but I failed, all because you didn't know I was Jack Frost.”
 
“So I'd better leave her, before I interfere anymore!”
 
He turned around, as was about to walk away, when Elisa put her hands over his shoulders.
 
He turned to face her, and she saw the tears of honesty and sadness in his eyes. She moved her head in closer to his, and their lips met.
 
Jack had never ever been kissed before like this. It had been what he was aiming for since he became mortal on his mission to win Elisa over.
 
Now here they were, kissing each other in the light of the moon on a wintry evening… and Jack was enjoying every moment of it.
 
Elisa was the most happy of them both, she always had loved Jack Frost, and now her she was… with him, himself!
 
Her prayers had finally been answered! She loved Jack Frost, and he loved her, and now they were together…as it should have been.