Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ The Red Ribbon Army strikes again! ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
Back at R.R.A headquarters!
 
“So, Jack Frost has returned has he?” asked Krusha, “Yes Sir, and he has become a mortal again!” said the officer.
 
“I have detected his wintry source “here” in a little place called Rainbow-River-Valley!”
 
Krusha smiled wickedly, “Send out the attack, and bring him back to me!” he said.
 
“Okay, Frosty my boy, let's see how well you can fair off now!” His sinister laugh echoed throughout the mountains.
 
* * *
 
 
Elisa and Jack finally separated from their kiss, and Jack didn't know how to feel. Sure he did just kiss his dream girl, but he interfered into her loyalty to her dead husband.
 
“Elisa, why did you just kiss?” Jack asked. Elisa winked her eyes, isn't that what you do to person of your dreams?” she replied.
 
“But, Ravenaugh, he's dead.” said Jack, “I thought you were loyal to him?”
 
“I still am.” Said Elisa, “But before he died, he told me…”
 
* * *
 
“Elisa, My Darling… you must not grieve over my loss forever! If there is… someone else you love …please, follow your heart, and… be happy!”
 
“You…deserve… it…!”
 
* * *
 
“He said that?” asked Jack, “Now I really wish I was able to save him even more!” he cried.
 
“But Jack, didn't you always want to win my heart?” Elisa asked. “I did want to, Elisa, but not like this!” cried Jack.
 
“I didn't want it come at the price of Ravenaugh 's life, whether or not you knew I was Jack Frost!”
 
Jack then turned away from Elisa, as soft music began to fill through the air…
 
“Please Jack, don't do this to yourself!” she said, and then she began to sing.
 
* * *
 
[Elisa]
 
-In all of the world
From deep down
inside,
I
reached out for your hand
While you nipped my nose, during winter's ride
Every time I'd
smile,
And I could see the
you in the light
Shining
your frost everywhere
Those like you
should be treated fair.

[Jack]
 
“Oh, Elisa”
-You don't understand
There is so much that you don't see
Just think, if you can,
What
working for you heart was for like me
You were engaged to
a man
Who
came from afar--
I never had reached you
there
So how can you say I
should am treated fair?
I had so much love, that I wanted to show


[Elisa]
You had
the chance to try
 
[Jack]
But did it work out, No


[Elisa]
But now we are here, you and I
So long did I
wait

[Jack]
I love you

[Elisa]
And during the moments of pain

[Jack]
Maybe you're right

[Elisa]
Look at what you did gain
To have
me with you on this night?

[Jack]
I've waited so long

[Elisa]
It isn't too late

[Jack]
Now I do know the
truth

[BOTH:]
And as we stand in moon's big light

[Elisa]
I have seen you
there

[Jack]
There's so much that we might share

[Elisa]
And you'll finally learn

[BOTH:]
(You) (I)
have always been treated fair
 
* * *
 
Jack smiled, “Thank you, Elisa.” He said to her, “You always had my heart.” She smiled back at him.
 
They were about to kiss, when suddenly they heard the sounds of explosions and screams coming from the village.
 
Jack and Elisa hurried over, and found that the town was set on fire, and that all the people were running for their lives.
 
Jack questioned a soldier who was passing by. “What is going on here?” he asked.
 
The soldier showed him his badge, “We've been sent by the Red Ribbon Army to do some business here!” he said.
 
“RED RIBBON?!” snarled Jack, and Elisa's anger and sadness began to rise. “You men killed my husband!” she cried.
 
But the soldier had already gone. Jack and Elisa were glad the villagers made it away from town, but they couldn't let the army destroy this place either.
 
Quickly, Jack held on to Elisa, and changed them both into their sprite shapes, and then headed for the village.
 
* * *
 
“I want every square inch of this town to be searched form top to bottom!” bellowed the Captain.
 
“Jack Frost is hiding somewhere in here. Find him and Capture him wherever he is!”
 
The Cossacks went crazy, tearing down stands, busting doors open searching for Jack.
 
Even though he was a Sprite, with their X-ray glasses, and improved weapons, he wouldn't stand a chance.
 
* * *
 
Jack and Elisa floated overhead to avoid being seen. “I'll go down there and try to drive them out of town.” said Jack, “You stay up here.”
 
Elisa kissed Jack for good luck, even though he was immortal, he could still get in trouble!
 
* * *
 
“JACK FROST!!!!”
 
“COME OUT AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN!!!!” yelled the Captain. “WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE SOMEWHERE!!!”
 
Suddenly, the Captain looked up with his X-Ray glasses, and Saw him overhead coming down.
 
“Men, quickly, he's coming down!”
 
“So, you can see and hear me after all!” said Jack, “Well… it won't help you, you thieves!”
 
“You hurt Elisa's village and killed her loved ones, I won't allow you to hurt this town either!”
 
The Captain just laughed as his men aimed their guns at Jack. “Allow me to?” he said. “Who do you think you are?”
 
“Well… I'll tell you what you're going to be, and that's a frozen statue!” yelled Jack taking in a big breath.
 
He fired his frost at the Cossacks, “Oh, is that the best you have?” sniggered the Captain. “FIRE THE HEAT GUNS!!!”
 
The men fired guns that made instant heat, which neutralized Jack's frost into water droplets.
 
“I…I don't understand!” he cried, “This calls for a second shot!” He drew in another deep breath…
 
But before when he fired, nothing came out of him. No Frost at all. Jack didn't even have enough power left to freeze a snow-cone.
 
“Silly, little Sprite!” sniggered the Captain. “The heat form the guns, has also weakened your frost-bite as well. There's nothing more you can do to us.”
 
Jack realized he was cornered/ without his frost he was helpless. Then the Captain took out a strange glowing sphere.
 
“In a few moments, you feel a thing except what it's like to be the Red Ribbon Army's prisoner.” He said.
 
He threw the ball directly toward Jack, but then, he was shoved aside by Elisa who had swooped down from above.
 
The ball hit her instead!
 
A white light surrounded her, and began pulling her into the ball. “I couldn't let this happen to you, Jack.” She cried.
 
“Elisa!!!” cried Jack, as she vanished into the ball. The Captain and his men just chuckled.
 
“Well… not quite what I had in mind, but it will do nicely!” said the Captain. “Surrender yourself to us, Jack Frost!!”
 
“Never!” snapped Jack. “I will never surrender my winter spirit to the likes of you! Now give me back Elisa!”
 
“Oh, I could, but I won't!” said the Captain as he and his squat team began to depart toward the west.
 
“You will surrender yourself, or you'll never see your little girlfriend again!” echoed the Captain's voice.
 
They had gone!
 
Jack stared sadly at Sir Ravenaugh 's sword, which Elisa had dropped in the chaos… “Elisa!” Jack sobbed, “I'm so sorry!”
 
He fell to his knees, and cried.