Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ It's up to You ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
Back at R.R.A headquarters, the men had just returned from their mission in Rainbow-River Valley.
 
Krusha took one look into the Sphere and shouted, “What is the meaning of this?!”
 
“Commander Krusha, Sir!” said the Captain, “Jack Frost eluded us, and we captured his girlfriend instead.”
 
Krusha did not like the looks of this. “But sir, please listen!” cried the Captain, “With her as our hostage, Jack will be sure to come here, and save her!”
 
“ENOUGH!!!!” yelled Krusha, “You may have made it so that the boy will come here…however!”
 
“If I remember correctly…it was your mission to bring him here in the first place!”
 
The Captain realized that Krusha was in a bad mood, and before he could speak, Krusha had ordered his men to toss the Captain into a strange room.
 
It only had one entrance, which was locked after the Captain was throe in, and on the other side was a larger door.
 
“Oh, my dear Captain Cossack!” said Krusha, “I'm afraid that you've gone and upset me.”
 
“You know what happens when someone upsets me!!!”
 
This made all the other Cossacks tremble in fear as Krusha pressed a switch, and the cage in the sealed room opened.
 
Something roared, and grabbed the Captain pulling him into the cage, and devouring his very body.
 
* * *
 
As soon as the Captain was dead, “Listen up!” said Krusha, “That Sprite, Frost will be on his way. Make sure capture him this time, or else!!!”
 
The other men quickly resumed their stations and began turning on all the defense systems.
 
“We are ready for you Frost boy!” said Krusha, “Once I capture you, winter will be under my control.”
 
“And it shall be winter all year long!!!!”
 
* * *
 
Jack just sat there in the snow, all broken hearted. He lost Elisa once, and now that it seemed she was coming back to him, he had lost her again.
 
She was taken Prisoner by the Red Ribbon Army. Who knew what Krusha Kraus planned to do with her?
 
“Oh, Elisa, I'm so sorry!” he sobbed, “It should have been me who got captured, not you!”
 
“What am I going to do?”
 
“You can start by drying you tears of woe, my lad!” said a Familiar voice. “Who said that?” asked Jack as he looked around.
 
And there in front of him, was none other than the ghost of Sir Ravenaugh, Elisa's husband. Jack was surprised and did not understand it in the least.
 
“Don't worry, Frost.” He said, “Yes, I know who you are, and I know you love Elisa. But why did you not tell us who you really were?”
 
Jack told him everything. How he loved Elisa, and wanted to be with her, but just couldn't interfere with her engagement.
 
“I see.” Said Ravenaugh, “For someone with all of winter's might, you really do not know which path to choose.”
 
“Now listen, my lad. I know that your wishes for Elisa's happiness was from the heart, but been honest with us of your being Jack Frost.”
 
“I too am not one who decides the path for others to take in life. I would gladly have given Elisa to you if you told us the truth.”
 
Jack looked up, “You would do that for me?” Jack asked. Ravenaugh 's ghost nodded. “Yes my lad.”
 
“Now that I have seen that you can indeed give Elisa the happiness she desires now that The Red Ribbon Army has taken me from her.”
 
“I have come to help you!”
 
Jack looked confused, “Help me?” he asked. “How can you help me save Elisa?”
 
“It is quite simple, my good lad.” said Reginald, “You love Elisa with all your heart, don't you?” Jack nodded.
 
“Then forget about the odds, forget about the true nature. Go forth Jack Frost, rescue her from the jaws of the enemy, and prove your love for her!”
 
Jack realized what Ravenaugh was getting at. “You mean… If want to save Elisa, then I have to actually fight the entire Red Ribbon Army?”
 
“Yes, my lad.” said Ravenaugh. “A man who is deeply in love with a woman would climb the highest mountain, and swim the deepest ocean!”
 
“And yes… He would even be willing to fight off an entire army of hundreds, to one. That my boy is how a knight is made.”
 
Jack seemed to be regaining his confidence, “But wait, those army men.” He said “The have special weapons that can stop my frosty strengths.”
 
“How can I possibly beat them on my own?”
 
Ravenaugh just grinned even further, “My lad, it is not about using special powers. You see, strength is not everything when it comes to battle.”
 
Without courage, bravery, confidence… strength is nothing but an empty threat.”
 
“I don't understand.” said Jack. Ravenaugh handed Jack his sword which Jack could barely lift.
 
“I will tell you and teach you everything there is to be known.” said Ravenaugh, “Now listen my boy!”
 
At that moment he began to sing to Jack all the ways of being a hero, and how to master the sword.
 
* * *
 
[Ravenaugh]
-If you wish to be a hero
Here's what you must do!
I have seen a great deal of men before
With troubles,
just like you

But each and everyone a disappointment
Pain for which there is no ointment
They were all excuses
But, who has the juices
Wishes to save his lady from the pit
The answer is two words

DO IT!
 
* * *
 
Jack felt all his confidence returning and the sword seemed to get lighter, and easier to lift up.
 
“There's a good lad!” said Ravenaugh, “Now let us begin our training!”
 
“Yes, sir!” said Jack.
 
Over the next few days, Ravenaugh trained Jack by making him hit targets, dodging, how to fight off enemies.
 
He continued to sing.

* * *
[Ravenaugh]

-I never would have thought that someone would come
along
Who was ever this determined to win
And not be wrong
The kind who
wants to go
And settle it with his foe

At least
you seem confident
But wait
- you are not ready yet
 
-I have seen your motives, and unless I am wrong
You have what it takes to stand up real straight and strong
But you need an advisor
Who can make you even
wiser
To take out a Kaiser
And
state!
That you can win now!

-This may be your only hope
And I can help
you
For wining the battle's not really
A dream come true
Not like carving
turkeys
You have to breakthrough
You're
the only hope
And shall assist you
 
* * *
 
A few Days later, Jack was getting even better. Now he could lift the sword with no trouble at all, but now he had to learn to use it.
 
Ravenaugh set up a snowman which was supposed to be a targeted enemy for Jack to hit.
 
“Rule number 45, lad!” said Ravenaugh “Always stay focus where the enemy is going to be, as well as where he stands.”
 
* * *
 
“Rule 96, keep your aim steady!”
 
* * *

-Even gods
have faced the odds
and
scored a real victory
To
believe in these stories
You must believe in hope and me!

-To be a true hero,
lad, is a fearsome art
Like painting a masterpiece,
it comes from the heart
It takes more than sinew
Comes down to what's in you
As your strength
continues to grow
Now that's more like it!

-I'm down to one last shoot
And my last high note
Before that blasted
army
Shall get their
goat
The
dreams are on you, lad
Go make
them come true
Climb that up-hill
slope
Keep pushing
until you cope
You're
the only hope
And, lad, it's up to you!
 
* * *
 
About one week later, Jack had completed his training, and was now ready to tackle the enemy.
 
“You have learned very well, my boy.” said Ravenaugh. “Do you really think I can't beat the army now?” asked Jack.
 
“That my boy, is up to you.” said Ravenaugh “But to be a true hero is not by how strong you are in body… but in your heart.”
 
“However… I'm afraid the task at hand is something you must do on your own, lad!”
 
Jack's eyes widened. “You mean… you aren't coming with me?” he asked, “But, Elisa's your widow, please help me save her!”
 
“Believe me, Jack.” said Ravenaugh, “Nothing would please me more than to assist you in saving the maiden… but you must understand.”
 
“I was only sent here to help you prepare for the upcoming challenge, and I have done that.”
 
“Now I must return to the heavens, but the fate of the world and Elisa in your hands. The strength is inside you now, Jack.”
 
“Just trust in my sword, it will be there to guide you, and so shall I!”
 
Jack smiled, and since he was in his Sprite forum, he was able to shake Ravenaugh 's hand.
 
“Thank you, for everything you've done for Me.” said Jack.
 
Ravenaugh smiled, “I have complete faith in you, Jack Frost!” he said, “But be warned lad, Krusha knows that you will be coming.”
 
Jack smiled and held the sword up high, “I don't care even if the entire world was waiting for me to show up… I will save Elisa!”
Ravenaugh smiled at Jack one last time, “May the Spirits of the world watch over you!” Then he disappeared, and was gone.
 
* * *
 
With Ravenaugh gone, Jack saw no other option now; he quickly sheathed his sword and took off into the sky.
 
His journey to save Elisa is taking him directly to the heart of the Red Ribbon Army… Krusha Kraus himself!
 
Can just one Sprite take out an army of hundreds of Cossacks with power to capture immortal-Sprites?
 
And just why is it winter time all over the globe?