Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ It could always be worse! ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
 
Meanwhile, in winter-land…
 
Father-Winter and the other Sprites were really hard at work. For some strange reason, it was winter time all over the world.
 
Even the tropical islands were frozen in the snow.
 
“The Red Ribbon Army!” said Snip, “They must've captured a lot of the Sprites of seasons.”
 
“You may be right about that, Snip.” said Father-Winter, “Without the other Sprites roaming about; I'm afraid that winter may never come to an end.”
 
As Holly was Dancing across the skies making winds blow, she happened to see Jack flying straight past her.
 
She tried to greet him, but he was already out of sight heading for the Himalayans in Asia.
 
But as to why… she didn't know!
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile… at R.R.A headquarters…
 
One of the guards was busy shoving Elisa, in her sprite forum, into a cell guaranteed to hold her
 
“Stop… let me go, you ugly brute!” she snapped. The guard pushed her inside, and locked the door behind her.
 
Help… let me out… let me out!”
 
“See how you like that!!!” said the Guard, then he stuck his tongue out at her, and headed for the control room!
 
* * *
 
“I found Jack Frost. He is on his way here!” said a Cossack. “Excellent!” said Krusha.
 
“Have unit-84 dispatched for an intercept, and make sure the defenses are all turned off.”
 
The Cossacks immediately turned off all the systems, which threatened to shoot missiles and bombs at anything that moved toward the base.
 
“Defense-systems disengaged, sir!”
 
“Good, very good!” said Krusha. “And now…we wait for him, after all we have the bait to catch the fish!”
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile… back in Winter-land…
 
“Are you certain he wasn't returning here?” Father-Winter asked. Holly nodded and said,
 
“I saw him, he was heading towards the Himalayans.” She pointed at their snow-globe, “Right about…Here!”
 
Snip saw the map. “Wait… Hold on a minute!” he said as he carefully scanned the map of Asia.
 
“I'm not sure… But I think Jack's heading straight for the Red Ribbon Army's Command-center!”
 
Everyone's eyes widened. “Jack would know better than that.” Said Father-Winter, “He may be strong, but these men can beat him at his sprite forum.”
 
Snip started cutting up a special snowflake. One that was able to relay pictures back to the Sprites.
 
“Okay Holly, now dance this flake to right about… here, this way we'll see just what Jack's up to.”
 
Holly nodded, and began prancing and twilling around, sending the snowflake on a light breeze down to Earth.
 
* * *
 
Jack had already crossed the border-line separating Asia from Europe… “Not much further now!” he said to himself.
 
As Jack continued on his flight to the mountains, he noticed a snowflake, larger than all the others sailing by faster than he was.
 
“Gee… that's some big snowflake.” Said Jack, “I wonder why Snip would make such a flake.”
 
* * *
 
Back in Winter-land…The snowflake relay the picture of Jack back to the others. “Okay… we know it works.” said Snip.
 
“Now if I am right, the base should be about a Hundred more miles straight ahead into the mountains.”
 
Holly knew what Snip wanted, and began dancing so the wind would carry the snowflake further.
 
After a few moments, the snowflake was showing pictures of numerous castles and buildings.
 
Each one had a big red flag waving in the breeze with two big letter “R's” sewn onto it.
 
“JACK… WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!” cried Snip “This is not good at all!” cried Holly. “Jack's going to be in trouble.”
 
“Quickly you two!” said Father-Winter, “I will stay here, you two go down there and try to stop Jack.”
 
“If you can't… then at least try and help him fight the army!”
 
Holly and Snip nodded, and then headed down to Earth. Sadly because it was still winter, they had to make various stops on the way to keep the season in check.
 
If spring was not to arrive, then winter would never end, which means Holly and Snip would be working round the clock with no breaks.
 
Still, with Jack heading closer, and closer to Red Ribbon Army headquarters, they immediately got back to their task to try and stop him.
 
As for Father-Winter… he had discovered something that would probably break Jack's spirit about Elisa.
 
* * *
 
A Cossack driving a small plane was hovering about fifty miles away from the base spoke into a headset.
 
“Come in H.Q, this is Unit-84 reporting for instructions!”
 
* * *
 
“This is Krusha Kraus speaking!”
 
“Frost should be in your sightings in about 10 minutes from now. Do as you must with him, but I want him alive… Understand?!”
 
“I understand entirely, Sir!” said the Pilot, “I trust you have disarmed the defenses so to lure him in?”
 
“Of course we have!” said Krusha, “We wouldn't want you to accidentally be shot down either.”
 
* * *
 
Krusha turned off the radio and got back to monitoring the screen, where a blue dot showed the plane
“Now Frost-boy, let's see what your made of!” he sniggered.
 
* * *
 
Down, in the dungeon…
 
Elisa was weeping into a cold handkerchief out of fear. She had never been more frightened in her life.
 
She knew the army was preparing to fight Jack, and they knew he was on his way that moment.
 
“Oh…Jack!” she sobbed, “What if the manage to beat you? I could lose you…forever!”
 
She was about to rekindle her weeps, when suddenly she felt a warm soothing arm touch her back.
 
She turned and saw another sprite. He looked somewhat different from Jack. He was wearing a green outfit, and wore a belt of flowers around his waist.
 
He gracefully handed a clean handkerchief to the sobbing Half-Sprite, “Come now dear… do not think like that!” he said kindly.
 
Elisa was about to ask who this strange man was, when suddenly he was joined by two female sprites.
 
One wore a pair of swim-trunks, sunglasses, and a beach towel like a cape.
 
The other wore a mask made from a maple-leaf, and she wore a red-orangey dress.
 
“I am, Barry-Blossom…The Sprite of spring!”
 
“I am, Sunshine-Daisy…The Sprite of summer!”
 
“And I, am Lilly-Leafy…The Sprite of autumn!”
 
Elisa finally realized that she was talking to the spirits of the other three seasons. Spring, summer, and autumn!
 
“Who are you?” asked Barry. “My name is Elisa.” She said. “And you're worried about Jack Frost, aren't you?” asked Daisy.
 
Elisa nodded, “Fear not my friend.” said Lilly, “We know Jack well better than any sprite of mother nature's creations.”
 
“He is on his way here to rescue us, but he will need support.” Said Barry, “For the Red Ribbon Army is growing stronger with every sprite they kidnap.
 
“I…don't understand?” said Elisa. At that moment the three Sprites began singing.
 
“You must understand.” said Barry, “Just because things look bad, doesn't mean its over.”
 
* * *
 
[Barry]

-If the glass looks half empty
And your prospects are low
Attitude adjustments the only way to go
Things could be worse than that
[Daisy]

-You could be lost in the desert
Two-hundred degrees
No water around and lots of snakes and bees
Remember it's tough, and it's cold out there
Life sometimes can be unfair
[Lilly]

-So for every step forward, there's a step in reverse
Things could be better, they could always be worse
Yes, things could be better in this big universe
But remember, it could always be worse
(Remember, it could always be worse)
[Barry]

-You could be out to sea with no land in sight
Surrounded by sharks with a big appetite
Things could be worse than that
you could be lost in the forest (Endless!)
[Daisy]
 
-Stuck in a tree
chased by a monster and no way to get free
Remember it's tough and its cold out there
Life sometimes can be unfair
[Lilly]

So for every step forward, there's a step in reverse
Things could be better, they could always be worse
Yes, things could be better in this big universe
But remember, it could always be worse
(Remember, it could always be worse)
* * *
 
Gaining her confidence back, Elisa joined in/
 
* * *
 
[Elisa]
-Don't look so sad
And don't feel so bad
That's not so hard to do
'Cause things could be worse than that
Life throws you some curves
But just change your demeanor
'Cause trust me, my friend
The grass, it isn't always greener
Remember it's tough, and it's cold out there
Life sometimes can be unfair
 
[All four]
-So for every step forward, there's a step in reverse
Things could be better, they can always be worse
Yes, things could be better in this big universe
But remember, it could always be worse
Remember, it could always be worse
Remember, it could always be worse
 
* * *
 
“Thank you everyone. I feel much better now.” said Elisa. “Not at all Elisa.” said Barry. “Now then… we'll all need to hope our hardest for Jack.”
 
Elisa gasped, “That's right!” she said, “Jack coming here to fight the entire army, alone.”
 
“Well… come on then, let's start hoping!” said Daisy, and everyone closed their eyes, and looked deeply inside of themselves.
 
“You can do it, Jack. I know you can!” Elisa said to herself.