Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ Showdown with the Red Ribbon Army ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
 
Jack was continuing on his path to Red Ribbon Army headquarters, now only 5 minutes away.
 
His friends Holly and Snip have also heard of Jack's plan to fight off the army single-handed, and are also on the way to aid him in his quest.
 
Jack' goal is to save Elisa, the woman he loves, and with the helpful training of Sir Ravenaugh with him, Jack not only plans to save Elisa.
 
In fact, Jack is determined to restore the balance of nature by releasing all of the season-sprites Krusha Kraus has captured.
 
For only when the Sprites are freed will their combined forces be enough to end this never ending winter all over the world.
 
And so the stage is finally set for Jack's most dangerous adventure yet. For he and his friends are heading deep into the jaws of the enemy!
 
It's time… for a Showdown with Red Ribbon Army!
 
* * *
 
Jack pulled his sword form its sheath and looked onward, “READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!!!!” he shouted over the mountains.
 
* * *
 
Snip and Holly had just crossed over the Atlantic-Ocean coast-line, and were now flying over Europe.
 
“How much further, Snip?” asked Holly. Snip looked at the map. “Well… the base is in Asia, so we should be there in 40 minutes.”
 
“Let's hope we're in time!”
 
* * *
 
Unit-84 was still in midair, armed with his X-ray glasses and heating guns, waiting patiently for Jack to come into his view.
 
* * *
 
Back, at R.R.A…
 
Krusha was chuckling happily to himself, “After all this time, and after my brother's death… Victory shall be mine!”
 
“Once I capture Jack Frost… The whole world will cower in fear as the Red Ribbon Army controls the world of a never ending winter!”
 
His sinister laugh echoed through the mountains.
 
* * *
 
As Jack got closer and closer to the base which was just on the other side of the up coming mountains, he saw a small plane heading straight at him.
 
“I'VE GOT YOU NOW FROST-MAN!!!” yelled the pilot. Jack saw that it was a trap… but he was not in the least bit worried!!!
 
The Cossack-pilot fired his heating-rays at Jack, but surprisingly, Jack managed to dodge it.
 
The pilot fired again, again, but Jack just kept dodging the waves as if they went by in slow motion.
 
“Good thing I learned well when Ravenaugh was pitching snowballs at me!!!” he said aloud. “NOW IT'S MY TURN!!!”
 
He pulled out his sword.
 
The Cossack tried to fire another beam, but his plane was over-heated from doing it too many times.
 
“Oh No…it can't be!” he cried.
 
Jack flew closer and closer, and then he took one swipe with his sword slicing the plane's motor in half… causing the plane and the Cossack to explode.
 
Since Jack was in his Sprite-state, he was unaffected by the explosion and just continued on his way to the base.
 
“That was for killing Snowy!!” yelled Jack.
 
* * *
 
Back, at R.R.A…
 
“Sir… I have lost contact with Unit-84. He must've been intercepted Sir!” said one of the other soldiers.
 
“What… Intercepted?” said Krusha, “That's impossible! What could have possibly shot him down?”
 
Suddenly, one of the other Cossack's looked frightened at something. “Sir… I have very bad news!”
 
“What is it now!?” asked Krusha, “Look on the X-Ray camera!” said the soldier.
 
He pressed the switch, and the screen showed an image of none other than Jack Frost heading straight at them.
 
Krusha shot upward in his chair, “NO…. WHAT IS THAT STUPID-SPRITE DOING ON THE BIG SCREEN?!?!” he roared.
 
“It's hard to imagine Sir, but he somehow must've gotten past Unit-84!” cried the solider!
 
Krusha looked as though he was going to explode!
 
“TURN THE DEFENSE-SYTEMS BACK ON… AND CALL OUT THE ENTIRE ARMY!!!” “WE ARE GOING TO NEED EVERY SOLIDER WE HAVE!!!”
 
“Yes, Sir!”
 
“Get the missile-defenses ready!”
 
The soldiers all reacted at once, and in no time at all, the defenses were turned back on. “Okay Jack Frost… we are ready for you!”
 
* * *
 
Jack of course had no idea of what was happening now, that is until hundreds of missiles and machine-guns began fire at him.
 
Unfortunately, Jack was able to evade all the missiles, and the gun-bullets just passed right through him.
 
The best parts of all were. Jack was immortal, so he couldn't be killed like this, unless they were heated missiles, which they were not.
 
The last of the Missiles flew by, and there overhead, was the base itself, made of Castles and buildings everywhere.
 
And the first ones there to greet Jack were more Cossacks in planes. They fired with all their might, but in vain to shoot Jack down.
 
Jack didn't have to shoot those planes down himself, some of the missiles that were still following him already had.
 
Now that Jack was close enough, he began to descend toward the ground. “I'M COMING ELISA!!” he cried.
 
* * *
 
In the main control room…Krusha was even madder than ever.
 
“What's the point of having missiles if they can't hit their target?” he shouted. “Listen men; make sure he stays out of the base!”
“I am sorry sir but it's too late… he's already entered Sector-Twelve!!” cried a Cossack.
 
Krusha grinded his teeth… “No matter… he still will not win!”
 
* * *
 
Alarms were sounding from every corridor, warning all the Cossacks, there was an intruder to deal with.
 
“ATTENTION ALL PERSONAL… CODE RED IN SECTOR-12. FIND AND DESTROY THE INTRUDER!!!”
 
Equipped with their X-ray-glasses, guns, and swords, they quickly rushed to sector twelve.
 
They got there… only to see Jack knocking down all their fellow-soldiers like bowling-pins with his sword, and frost.
 
The guards fired their heating guns which would've melted Jack to a puddle… if Jack had not quickly changed into his mortal-state.
 
The guns only warmed Jack up, but they did not damage him at all. Using his sword, Jack managed to knock the guards unconscious.
 
Only occasionally would he have to actually kill a soldier or two! Nothing could seem to stop him now.
 
Jack turned a corner and saw six Cossacks charging directly at his with their swords at the ready.
 
Jack hastily changed back into a Sprite, and used hi frost to freeze the floor solid… causing the guards to slip and fall down cold.
 
Jack looked up at the sky and said… “Thank you Sir Ravenaugh … you have trained me well!!” Then he continued onto his quest.
 
* * *
 
From in the Dungeon… Elisa and the other Sprites heard of all the commotion, and knew Jack was winning.
 
But he would need to be guided to them so he'd know where to go, and what to watch out for.
 
They all took in a huge breath, and yelled out… “JACK… WE'RE DOWN IN THE DUNGEON!!!”
 
* * *
 
Jack didn't know how to explain it, but he heard their voices and followed them while knocking down all the Cossacks that stood in his way to block him.
 
* * *
 
Back, in the control room… “Sir… he seems to be heading for Castle-Eight!” said one of the soldiers.
 
“I knew it!” said Krusha, “He's coming after the Sprites! Set out as many guards as you can… I'm going over there myself.”
 
The soldiers were not sure that a smart thing to do. Jack had already taken out about half their forces…
 
…But Krusha believed that Jack was still no match for the entire Red Ribbon Army!!
 
* * *
 
Krusha took a secret passage which lead to the dungeon where Elisa and the Sprites were.
 
“I guarantee that You-Sprites will not be going anywhere!” he growled, and turned on the screen.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile…Somewhere outside of the Base…
Holly and Snip were nearing their destination, only to have triggered one of the heating-missiles that Jack had to face.
 
If one of them hit either Holly or Snip they could get really badly injured, as they were cold sprites.
 
But it seemed that no mater how fast they tried to fly away, the closer the missile got onto their trails.
 
“I have an idea!” said Holly, “Snip… try and make the biggest and thickest snowball you can make!”
 
Snip nodded, and in a mere moment the snowball was ready. Holly then used all her power to send the snowball toward the missile.
 
KABOOM!!!!
 
The missile blew up the snowball, and was no longer chasing Holly and Snip. “Let's hurry.” said Snip, “Jack could really need our help about now.
 
They decided to fly higher as to avoid any more attacks like that, and they continued on their path towards the base.