Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ My destiny ❯ Bad tensions ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

My destiny

By: Myst_Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Note: Usual disclaimer applies here. Sailor Moon and Pokémon belongs to respective companies. <_> Thanks to all of you guys who reviewed this story! A million hugs to K-Money, Chibizoo, Ashley Potetee, Woodsprite, Tonz82, Merina, Sailor Dumas, Pokemon Fan and to others if I forgot their names…

Note From Kammy: Yay… I only get to write a note NOW-after how many chapters??? `Kay, all you fans should know that I don't actually write any of this stuff. I just come up with plots, character developments and stuff like that. I don't get much credit for this, so I'm in the process of writing my own story. Comments concerning me can be sent to mmflips@hotmail.com.

Recaps from Part 8: Grim Reaper is back with a full vengeance on his mind for Sailor Venus. Romance turns sour for Brock and Mina. In a hunt for a rare pokémon, Team Rocket finds the unexpected surprise of their lives…

Part 9: Bad tensions

Gigantic bubbles floated beneath the lake. Two creatures were sleeping peacefully inside it. It was a fearsome, powerful pokémon and the other was a small, timid mouse-like pokémon. The small creature made a stirring movement and woke up in a flood of sunlight. Its eyes squinted in the light.

"Anything wrong Mew?" Mewtwo spoke with his eyes closed, communicating telephatically.

"Mew… Mew… (I feel strange energy coming)" Mew answered. The bubble burst and Mew swam up to the shore leaving his friend behind.

"Mew!" Mewtwo called out.

Mew emerged out of the water and flew into the sky. An interesting object caught Mew's attention far down below the forest.

A heavy pair of boots thudded on the ground. A tall, dark-green haired woman rose from the ground with her staff supporting her. The portal quickly closed behind her. She examined the unknown territory around her.

"This is just like Earth," Sailor Pluto commented with a slight smile to her face. The area was somewhat familiar to her with the same vegetation inhabiting on this planet.

Just safely behind the bushes, Mew quietly observed the sailor soldier in the distance. Ever so curious, Mew saw Sailor Pluto's garnet orb glowing.

Sailor Pluto took a step forward. To her surprise, a diglett popped out of the ground.

"Diglett!" The creature greeted her.

"Aahh!!" Sailor Pluto exclaimed. She walked backwards and tripped a small rock forcing to fall flat on her behind.

Diglett's eyes bulged out fearing it might squash by Sailor Pluto. Diglett's yelped and dug underneath the ground to hide.

"What was that?!?!" Sailor Pluto questioned, breathing heavily. Her heart raced nervously.

Mew laughed having to witness the hilarious scene. Mew covered its mouth to keep the laughter down quietly.

Sailor Pluto dusted herself off and stood back up. She looked down and shook her head in disbelief. With a slight chuckle, she disappeared into the forest.

* * *

Mina woke up from her deep slumber. Her whole body ached and her head was in a storm of pain. She turned over and groggily stood from the ground. It was a shivering cold air morning. She was tired and weak from hunger. She wrapped her arms around her and flinched in pain. She looked over to see purple bruises marked on her left shoulder. Then, she recalled last night's events. A terrible earthquake occurred. Huge tree crashed nearly killed her but Brock somehow managed to save her life and ended up falling into a ditch. Chills ran up to her spine. Her whole body shuddered. She wandered aimlessly, calling for Brock's name. He was nowhere to be found. Her high hopes dashed away.

"Mina?" A male voice called her name from the distance. Her heart almost faltered when she heard Brock's voice. She was relieved to see him again.

"Brock, I'm so happy to see you again." Mina said sincerely, her eyes shinning with happiness. She came forward and put her arms around him. She closed her eyes and inhaled a deep breath. It felt warm and safe somehow.


Brock was unmoved by her sympathy. He was silent and stood motionlessly beside her. He looked down at her and there was hint of regret in his face. He grabbed her shoulders and pushed her away from him.

"Brock, is there something wrong?" Mina asked, surprised by his sudden abruptness. There was a questioning look on her face.

"Quit playing games, Mina" He answered her sharply, his eyes turned cold. "Come on, we better get moving. I don't want the others to worry about us." Without another word, he walked away.

Mina felt cold water splashed on her. She was numb to the core. "Brock, wait…." She said hoarsely but he never answered her back…

* * *

It was a quiet walk back to Calypso Valley. Mina grew more uncomfortable as the time went by. Brock refused to talk or even look at her during their journey. "What happened here?" She thought sadly. "I thought we were more than friends. But he doesn't want to talk to me. What should I do?"

Once arriving in Calypso Valley, they were in a shock of their lives. Police cars, ambulances and fire trucks surrounded the small town. Emergency crew worked their way around the clock. There was a loud siren emitting. The town was in a chaotic state.

"Oh my gosh, where's Ash, Misty and the rest? We have to find them!" Mina exclaimed, panic thoughts turned to fear.

"Come on," Brock said grimly, grabbing for her hand. Together, they went searching for their missing friends until they ran into Officer Jenny patrolling the streets.

"Sorry to bother you, Officer Jenny. But we're looking for our friends." Brock stated.

"All of the townspeople have been transferred to the emergency towns hall. The towns hall should be right around the corner." Officer Jenny explained, giving the directions.

"Thanks and good-bye Officer Jenny." Brock said gratefully, pulling Mina with him.

"Brock, slow down…" Mina said gently, she almost crashed next to a wall.

"Sorry…" Brock mumbled an apology. Without a minute to spare, they followed Officer Jenny's direction easily and got to the towns hall quickly. Once inside, they scanned around the great hall with a roomful of people. Mostly, doctors and nurses occupied the entire room. The rest of the patients were lying in hospital beds.

Slowly and carefully, Brock and Mina made their way into the crowded hall. They stopped to see Nurse Joy and inquired after their pokémon. To their joy and relief, they were okay. But they were more worried about Ash and Misty. They soon found their two friends awake in their hospital bed.

"Ash! Misty!" Mina cried out to them happily.

"Boy, am I glad to see you guys," Brock said, smiling.

Ash and Misty got up from their beds. They gave each of their friends a hug and they were eager to see them.

"How are you feeling?" Mina asked, examining closely at their bandages.

"We're fine." Misty answered, "Ash has been doing nothing but complain all morning." She added mischievously.

"Hey, who's the one to talk, Miss big mouth." Ash retorted.

"Alright, Alright. Calm down you two." Brock said. "The important thing is, we're alive okay?"

"Speaking of which, you should go see a doctor about that Mina." Ash said, pointing to Mina's bruised shoulder.

"Oh, I'm okay. It's nothing serious…" Mina waved him off.

"This is terrible. Everything is in shambles. What's going to happen now?" Misty asked worriedly.

"I don't know…" Brock answered her honestly, shook his head sadly.

"Hey, where's our pokémon?" Ash said suddenly. The thought of his pokémon getting hurt made him more nervous. "I have to see them!!" He ran off leaving his friends behind.

"Ash, wait!!" Brock called out to him. He shook his head. "Take it easy! They're with Nurse Joy!!"

Misty sighed. "That guy is so stubborn! Nothing new there."

"I better go check up on him. Stay right here." Brock advised. He followed Ash.

"Sure, see you." Mina said faintly. She watched him walked away with a sad forlorn look on her face. Misty became intrigued.

"What's with the sad face Mina?" Misty asked curiously.

"Oh nothing. I'm just tired." Mina answered, sitting on the hospital bed. Her face remained expressionless.

"Oh really?" Misty was unconvinced. "This isn't anything to do with our friend Brock am I right?" She sat next to her.

Mina blushed. "What makes you say that?"

"Oh come on Mina." Misty coaxed. "Don't pretend that I don't know what's going on between you two. It seems you like each other a lot. I'm glad Brock finally found a special girl like you."

"I… I don't think so." Mina whispered, looking away.

Misty gasped. "What?"

"I thought Brock and I had a good time at the festival last night. But it seemed I made him upset somehow." Mina explained.

"What happened?" Misty asked quietly.

"Oh me and my big mouth." Mina said mournfully. "I had this gut feeling that someone is looking for me out there. I can understand why he must be upset because I won't see him or you guys ever again."

Misty felt a pang of pity for her. "What a rotten luck this has to happen for both of them." She thought. "Don't worry, Mina. Everything will work out you'll see." She said sympathetically.

"Do you think he'll hate me for this?" Mina asked her.

"I don't think he hates you." Misty said. "I know you care about him a lot and have no intention of ever hurting him."

Mina sighed deeply. "I wished if things were that easy…" Misty leaned over and gave her a comforting hug.

TBC…