Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ My destiny ❯ Trouble spelled disaster ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

My destiny

By: Myst_Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Note: Usual disclaimer applies here. Sailor Moon and Pokémon belongs to respective companies. Thanks for a little push Kammy K! Here's part 10, K-Money! I hope I made you're day. I'm still ecstatic over "You're on the air with Mina Aino." You did such a fantastic job. Ashley Potetee, I can't wait to read the rest "Through the darkness: In the eyes of Fate." Tonz82, I know I haven't heard from you in awhile. Thanks for sticking up to me. I'm so sorry again about what happened. Chibizoo, good work on "Balancing the Silence". I hope you get the chance to finish "Pokemon Millenium." Sailor Dumas, please publish your story soon (CCS/SM crossover). Don't be afraid. Woodsprite, Merina (You owe me a chapter on Another Chance) and the others, thank you so much for the on-going support. Kitty Magic, don't get discouraged. And lastly, Pokémon Fan. You rock! Guys, we need more pokémon/sailor moon story out there!

Recaps from Part 9: The mysterious Mew takes a special interest on Sailor Pluto. The gang reunites again after the earthquake. Slim chances for Brock and Mina.

Part 10: Trouble spelled disaster!

Grim Reaper's cold eyes glinted in the darkness. He was inside an abandoned warehouse. He was staring down at the unconscious bodies of Jesse and James. Their Team Rocket uniform was in tattered state. There were bruises marked on their arms and faces.

"How could I let this happen??!!?" Grim Reaper roared in rage. His eyes burning with such intense anger. He turned to stare at an empty box lying on a corner. His eyes became bright for a second and the box exploded into smithereens. Then, the corner of his mouth lifted in an evil smile.

"No matter, just one minor mistake that I let it slip away…" He said brightly. "I still have a bigger plans for you yet, Sailor Venus. Without your comrades, you have slim chances of winning." He whispered in a chilling tone. "Better yet, I'll send her a calling card myself."

* * *

"Nurse Joy, could you please try to control the pokémon? Their noises are making my patients very upset!" A young doctor pleaded to her.

"Believe me Dr. Broctor. My staff and I are trying our best to handle this situation." Nurse Joy explained loudly over the whimpering noise in the background. "But you must understand we have to work together and try to co-operate to solve this dilemma!"

The young doctor sighed in defeat. "Alright, I'll try to keep that in mind." He said his goodbye and went back to his work. Nurse Joy was left alone with the saddest expression on her face.

"Is there a problem Nurse Joy?" asked a sympathetic onlooker. Nurse Joy's face brightened up in a smile seeing two friendly boys. It was Ash and Brock.

"I'm fine thank you. Is there anything I could help you with?" She asked sincerely.

"Well, I…" Ash began.

"Chansey! Chansey!" Chansey interrupted before Ash had the chance to speak up. Chansey looked very distress.

"What is it Chansey?" Nurse Joy asked anxiously. Chansey was pulling her arm.

"I think Chansey want us to follow." Brock said. Chansey led them to closed vicinity far away from people. The reaction was a mix of horror and surprise when they entered the room. The whole area was a disaster. Beds were left undone. The pillows and bed sheets scattered on the floor. The pokémon went berserk and running around the room in confusion. The noise level escalated.

"No, this can't be happening!" Nurse Joy exclaimed in agony.

"Why are all the pokémon acting this way?" Brock said suspiciously.

"We should try to calm them down." Ash suggested.

"Chansey, have you tried singing to make them relax?" Nurse Joy asked her assistant. Chansey shook its head sadly.

"So there you are," Misty announced, coming from behind them. "We've been looking everywhere for you guys."

"We heard a lot of noises coming from this room!" Mina remarked. Then, she spotted Jigglypuff sitting alone on a window seat and happily proceeded to join her friend.

"Wait miss, you can't go there!" Nurse Joy warned her. Mina completely ignored her.

"How are you feeling Jigglypuff?" Mina asked, sitting next to the pink pokémon. Jigglypuff looked up to see Mina smiling down at her. Mina saw the fear in Jigglypuff's eyes.

Jigglypuff huddled closer to Mina and embraced her tightly. Mina felt Jigglypuff's body trembling. Mina whispered soft, comforting words to her friend and wrapped her arms protectively around the frightened pokémon. Then, her eyes turned to stare at the window. There were dark clouds in the sky and a red light flashed within those clouds. "That's unusual." She said.

Her heart pounded furiously when she heard clap of thunder behind her. Her eyes widened in surprise to see Ash sprawled on the floor and he was electrified.

"Pikachu? Why did you shocked me?" Ash demanded, looking very much crossed.

"Pi!! Pi!!" Pikachu said sorrowfully, unable to look at his friend straight in the eye.

"Ash, you shouldn't have scared Pikachu like that!!" Misty scolded him.

"I wonder what could have spooked our pokémon?" Brock wondered aloud.

"I wish I knew myself," Nurse Joy said sadly. "The pokémon had been acting strangely like this ever since the earthquake. The earthquake shook them completely."

"But it still doesn't explain everything." Brock insisted.

Ash squatted down on the floor and gave a gentle pat on Pikachu's head. "I'm sorry little buddy. I didn't mean to yell at you." He apologized. Pikachu smiled timidly.

"What's that awful sound?" Misty complained loudly, covering both of her ears. It sounded like a cat wailing nearby. She turned her head sideways and saw a familiar pokémon nearby. Her mouth puckered sourly and her stare became menacingly hostile.

"You've got to help me! I have no one else to turn to!!" Meowth panicked. He grabbed Chansey and shook the pokémon vigorously. Chansey squirmed in discomfort from Meowth's tight grip and suffered dizziness. The nurse pokémon fainted on the spot. "Hey, you're not supposed to be sleeping on the job!!" He yelled, leering down on Chansey.

"Well, if isn't Meowth? Did you came here to stir up some more trouble?" Misty asked sarcastically. Meowth raised his head and Misty was towering over him.

"And where's the rest of your bandits? Don't tell me they chickened out?" Ash smirked in contempt.

"I…I…" Meowth was unable to answer. Large drop of tears rolled down on his face.

"Huh?" Ash was caught off guard with Meowth's sudden outburst.

"Alright! Enough with the hysterics!" Misty snapped. "What are you up too?"

Meowth collected himself and opened his mouth to talk.

Mina was amazed. "No way, this cat is talking!!" She stared hard at Meowth's facial features. "This reminds me of someone. But I don't who is it…" She thought pensively. She seemed to remember a white cat with a crescent moon on its forehead…

* * *

"So, that's what happened." Meowth explained sadly. Ash and his friend eyed him suspiciously.

"How can we be sure you're not playing a trick on us?" Ash questioned. There was edginess to his voice.

Meowth was dumbfounded. "What else could I do to prove that I'm telling the truth?" His fingers pointed to the bandages on him.

"So what? You're still rotten as ever!" Misty shot back.

Meowth dropped to his knees and threw himself at the mercy of his enemies. "Please you have to believe me. You're my only hope left. If we don't act soon, it'll be too late for Jesse and James." He pleaded, his eyes started to water. "This is so humiliating." He thought shamefully to himself.

"I believe you." Mina said. She came forward and rubbed gently on Meowth's head. "We'll help you out. Right guys?" She arched one of her eyebrows questioningly.

Ash, Misty and Brock fidgeted uncomfortably and looked at each other confusingly. Jigglypuff shot Meowth a venomous look.

Ash drew a ragged breath. "Oh, alright! You win!" Ash said reluctantly. "But no funny business this time!" He warned, giving Meowth a cool stare. Meowth cringed back and smiled rigidly.

"Time to go then." Brock announced. The rest of the group broke up and getting themselves ready before heading out.

"You're not going anywhere, mister." Misty declared, grabbing his shirtsleeves and pulled him to a corner. "We need to talk." She said firmly. Her hands placed on her hips.

"Cut it out, Misty." Brock protested. He looked annoyed.

"Now then, it's confession time!" Misty glared at him.

Brock gave her a confused look. "About what?" He asked.

"Don't play dumb games Brock. It's about you and Mina." Misty said, rolling her eyes out.

Brock paused and answered her. "I don't think this is none of your business, Misty. This is between me and Mina." He said coolly.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Misty snapped. "For a smart guy like you, you sure are clueless. It's no wonder you NEVER had luck with girls." She left without saying a word.

Brock stood there in anger, closing his fists tightly behind him

* * *

"Someone is approaching!" Grim Reaper peered closely through the window. "This should be entertaining." He chuckled evilly. He stood by the window, patiently waiting…


"Are you sure this is the right place Meowth?" Brock asked doubtfully, surveying the landscape. They were on the lookout for Jesse and James.

"I'm pretty sure this is where the last time I've seen them." Meowth said, scratching his head. "Jesse, James where are you?" He said sadly, studying the large cracks beneath him.

"Meowth probably bump his head after telling his crazy story to us. He couldn't remember where his friends are." Ash muttered to himself.

Mina titled her head back and gazed at the sky. The strange clouds still loomed above them. Her eyebrows creased worriedly. She lowered her head down and caught a glimpse of a mist covering the abandoned warehouse far ahead. The same eerie feeling came back to haunt her again.

"How could anyone do this to a poor defenseless pokémon" Misty cried out. As to everyone's shocking discovery, there was a handful of unconscious pokémon lying at a close distance.

"Whoever did this is gonna pay big time." Misty said venomously, cradling a Ratata in her arms. The others helped gather and collect unconscious pokémon.

Ratata woke up and its eyes flashed a red colour. It made a low grunt noise and opened its mouth. "Ouch!" Misty winced, dropped Ratata on the ground. A small cut appeared on her wrist. She stared back at Ratata. It showed its razor teeth "I'm a friend. I won't hurt you." She said softly. Ratata snarled in response. Misty hesitantly backed away slowly. She took Togepi with her.

"Hey, what's the big idea! I haven't done anything to you!" Meowth howled. He was caught in Caterpie's string shot. But the sticky string made it harder for him to escape. "If you don't let me go right now. I may have to hurt you." He said threateningly, raising his paw to strike Caterpie with his sharp nails. Caterpie retaliated back with another string shot. Meowth was blinded.

"Staryu, watergun now!" Misty ordered. Staryu came out of its pokéball and a surge of water blasted Ratata away.

"Help me!" Meowth shrieked. "Staryu, tackle attack now!" He heard Misty yelled. His heartbeat pounded nervously and he felt he was lifting up in the air. "Put me down now!" He squirmed. "Stop moving you little weasel. Be grateful that I saved you're hide!" He flinched away when Misty yelled loudly into his hear. Misty removed the string away from his face and he was able to see again.

A small group of Pidgeottos chased Brock and the others. One pidgeotto made a loud shrill as a signal and swooped down altogether. They did a quick attack.

Brock and others tumbled on the ground. They moaned loudly. They felt tiny sharp knives stabbing behind them. The Pidgeottos attacked them savagely.

They stood back up except for Mina. The impact hit her hard. Brock saw her struggling and came to her rescue. "It's okay. I'm here." He said, supporting her. "Thank you." She said gratefully, looking relieved. Without a warning, they heard Pidgeottos squawking again. The Pidgeottos were flying in circles just above them. They positioned themselves for another attack.

"We better find a safe place to hide." Brock ordered his friends to escape. He pulled Mina closer to his side and started running. She tried to keep up with his pace.

"Hey, don't forget about us!" Misty yelled. She was following behind. She carried Meowth with her and an orange duffel bag on her shoulder. Togepi peeked out of her bag, hidden safely from danger.

Grim Reaper's eyes gleamed with laughter. "Yes, teach those humans a lesson!" He said in a low voice.

Ash felt his body draining out of energy from running. His eyes fell upon at the old abandoned warehouse just head. He was relieved. "Come on guys, there's a place we could hide!" He motioned the others to follow him.

"That girl. She reminds me of someone." Grim Reaper took a note of a striking blonde girl running with her companions. He was in deep thoughts when Sailor Venus popped into his mind. "Well now. What do we have here?" He murmured.

"Hurry, Ash! What's taking so long?" Misty said impatiently. Ash was twisting on the doorknob. "This stupid door is locked!" He exclaimed, kicking the door in anger. They heard a tiny click and the door opened mysteriously. "That's really weird." Misty commented.

Brock's mouth turned into a grim. The pidgeottos were on their way to hunt them down. Ash and his friends were still blocking the entrance. "Move it!" He ordered, pushing his friends through the doorway. He waited until the others got inside safely before shutting the door firmly behind him. The room was entirely dark. He guarded the door behind him and hushed everyone in silence. The pidgeottos came a few seconds later and knocking the door down. Tiny drops of sweat rolled down on Brock's face. "Please let this be over." He prayed silently.

The windowpane shattered and an angry pidgeottos invaded inside the warehouse. There were shouts everywhere. The pidgeottos fluttered around and pecking at everyone.

"Please stop!!" Mina pleaded into the air. The pidgeottos froze in mid-air and dropped to the floor. Everyone fell down on their knees, breathing heavily.

A bright light illuminated the room. They heard a harsh laughter coming from nowhere.

"My, my. Look what the cat dragged in!" Grim Reaper sneered, materializing in front of them. Meowth's face turned pale.

TBC…

PS: What do you think about Part 10? Was it stupid? I'm happy to announce that I'm almost done with the story. But I still have to figure out how to do the battle scene. (I'm not good at that department). I didn't mean to make Brock such a jerk from Part 9. He's been hurt too many times already so he had to put a barrier to protect himself.