Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ Run ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: By Surprise
 
Standard disclaimers apply
 
Summary: Various pairs. Fuji Syuusuke death fic.
Authors note:
second chapter of this sad excuse of a fanfiction.
 
By Surprise.
 
 
Syuusuke ran as fast as he could to wherever his legs would take him, not caring that the people were sending him strange looks. “Ey, Fu--” He passed Kawamura who was helping his father fix the sign of their store. Kawamura wondered where Fuji was going and became more confused and at the same time alarmed when Tezuka an Yuuta zipped pass him while barking “What are you doing?! Go after him!” Kawamura, being the person he was, bought out his cell and speed dialed the rest of the regulars.
 
Fuji won the chase easily. He knew the ins and outs of this side of the city like the back of his hand. He knew that not only Tezuka and Yuuta were looking for him, the other regulars as well. While he, in the meantime, was at one of the small shrines overlooking the sea. In short, he was on a cliff.
 
Hugging his knees he looked at the quickly darkening sky and just let his thought be blown away by the sea breeze. Time had passed as he sat there, staring at the sky. “What's a pretty thing like you doing here?” a man, appearing to be in his mid thirties loomed over him, his breath smelling strongly of liquor. Fuji then realized that the situation could be dangerous he stood up and quickly looked for an emergency route; he knew that reasoning with a drunk man could be dangerous let alone be in a solitary place with a drunk man, he had to run… fast.
 
He looked around and weighed his options. Option 1: jump off the cliff… `As Inui could say: 10 percent chance of surviving a fall like that.' So had no choice but to use his second option. Charge at the man and pray to the high heavens that he could get away unharmed. “Planning to run are we?” The man slurred while pulling out a knife “I'm afraid I can't let you go easily, pet” Fuji shuddered at being called `pet'. The man begun to approach him at an alarming pace for a drunken man. Fuji had to run, now or never `To hell with the knife'he thought. Using the dexterity that he had acquired in all those years in playing tennis he ran past the man but was pulled back, much to his surprise. “I told you I won't let you get away…” the man said leaning on Fuji's ear; his rancid breath on his ear. “Now I have to teach you a lesson, don't I?” Fuji struggled but stopped as he felt pain come from his stomach area and felt something warm trickle down. He fell to his knees and held his stomach, as he looked at his hand he saw blood. “Now you can't get away anymore” The man said `Somebody… help' He thought desperately “Fuji!” The man turned around and suddenly fell to the ground as a punch was aimed at him. Fuji turned around to see the person who saved him. “Atobe…Keigo” He muttered and then he knew nothing more.