Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Antidote ❯ Reflections; Hinakos a Mutant! Or not. ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The Ultimate Antidote
Written by: Matdeception

Ranma 1/2 Notes: Takes place after Saffron and the failed wedding.

X-Men Evolution: Time line all fucked up, and I don't care.

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights of Ranma 1/2, nor X-men evolution. I write this piece of fan fiction to pay homage to the original creators, and nothing more. Nor would I ever seek to monetary gain through said intellectual property.

--------

Chapter 3:

--------

A mirror often lets us see things in our selves that we would normally not see. Even a week after the night he returned, he couldn't find anything different about himself. His mother said he was a mutant, and he had no reason to distrust. Had he not be born Saotome Ranma, and lived the life he had, he knew he couldn't accept it as he was.

Heck, he still didn't accept it, and he had lived a crazy life. His mother was a mutant. He was a mutant. Apparently an Agency specifically designed to track mutants down had been watching him for months, and he hadn't even so much as realized it happening right under his nose, much less detecting it. It left so many questions. Questions like who was watching him, how long had they been watching him, what had they learned, what hadn't they learned?

And the one question he wanted answered more then anything. What would they do with what they knew?

"Damn it." he grumbled, turning on the faucet, a stream of cold water coming forth. Even though a week had passed, he didn't have any more of a clue there then he did when this whole thing started. At least everyone believed the load of bull Nodoka fed them about the mess, though Nabiki had been staring at him allot lately. Just more weird shit to add to his life.

If his problems weren't enough, he still hadn't thought of a way to deal with his mother, or the fact she was apart of that damn Agency Nero, or the insecurity he had been feeling ever since he discovered that damn mutant bill applied to him, too. Which sickened him. He didn't care when he wasn't a mutant, but now that he was one he couldn't stop thinking about the possibilities such a bill could bring him. Would he be locked up? Chained? Hell, killed? If he had learned anything from Mr. Hisagawa, his history teacher, was that if no one learned from their mistakes, they would be doomed to repeat them. The fact mutants could almost be considered you're modern day Jews, and the fear and uncertainty of the world at large for mutants your modern day Hitler, only stressed the fact shit could turn bad real quick.

And then there was Akane. He fucked up, he knew it. There was something different about worrying her that he might be hurt, to making her cry cause she thought he was dead. She was angry, and damned if he couldn't blame her for it. He didn't know which was worse, the fact he knew she was pissed off at him, or the fact she did the only thing he never thought she could do, well.. at least after the whole Saffron thing. She ignored him.

Being ignored, he realized bitterly, was worse then not being ignored by Akane. Life sucked.

Pop and Tendo didn't really seem all that changed, at least Tendo didn't. Oyaji acted like he forgave him, but he could tell, lookin into those eyes of his. Try as he might, he couldn't remember any time in his life he had seen his father look at him that way. Now that he had, he wished he didn't. What he could see in those eyes was something he realized he dreaded more then anything. Disappointment. His old man was disappointed in him. Despite all the hell he caused raisin him, the stupid neko-ken, endless torture methods he called training, cruel nights spent hungry and cold in the wilderness, he'd gladly go through it all again if only to never see that look again. Damn, he never really thought of it, but he cared for the old bastard more then he thought.

He ran his hand through the water, ignoring the brief tingle that shot over his body as mass reduced, his chest expanded, and captain winky went into hiding. Looking up in the mirror, she sighed at the sight of red hair framing her petite head, the obviously feminine features on her face. At least there was one thing in his life that remained constant.

She chuckled, leaning forward and tracing the edges of her face on the mirror, "You ain't ever gonna turn on me, are ya?" she sighed after a time. At least becoming a mutant hadn't taken this away from her. Not that she wouldn't have minded if it did, but it just goes to prove not everything changed at the drop of a hat.

*knockknockknock*

Ranma startled, "Uh.. who, who is it?"

"Ranma-kun?" Kasumi's voice wafted through the door. "Breakfast is ready. You'll need to hurry if you don't want to be late for school."

"'kay." Ranma sighed, "Be out soon."

---

Ranma yawned, walking on top the chain link fence to school.

"Not getting enough sleep, Saotome?" Nabiki hmmed, casually brushing back her hair, "Or is it trouble on the home front." she remarked in amusement, staring at her sister walking ahead of them by no more then five feet. She found it rather comical the way Akane was dealing with her anger. Better then going psycho, but she knew the girl wouldn't keep ignoring Ranma forever. Despite all the trouble they had been through to reach this point, she had no misconceptions that the two cared for each other.

"Whatever." he grunted, crossing his arms and pointedly ignoring the middle Tendo girl.

"Fine fine." she waved him off, "I didn't want to know, anyway."

"Then why ask?" Akane snapped.

Nabiki blinked, then chuckled as Akane continued walking away. She really wished the girl would just come out and say it. It was obvious, both by observations, and other less savory ways, that she cared for the jock. Heck, she knew the girl was just upset that the jock had even worried her in the first place, and the fact he hadn't even apologized. It was a shame the girl didn't understand the guy like she did, else this whole mix up would have long since been in the past. Well, at least on their end. She still wasn't convinced Nodoka and Ranma weren't hiding something, but even after a week of trying to figure it out had yielded zero, zilch, zip, nada.

"HEAR ME! STUDENTS OF THESE HALLOWED HALLS, A PLAGUE HAS DESCENDED UPON THE NOBLE NATION OF JAPAN!" Kuno's voice carried from the Schoolyard.

Ranma blinked, coming out of his thoughts. What was Kuno up to now?

"What the?" Akane frowned, before quickening her pace.

Ranma shot Nabiki a glace, before taking off as well. Shrugging, she hastened her step as well.

---

Kuno smirked, admiring the crowds of gathering students and faculty alike. Surely this must be the will of the great Miyamoto Musashi! He has infused me with his will, to declare the very will of the gods on the sad peasants beneath. Tis truly a good day! "Ask what treachery could be so great as to fall unnoticed among the peasants? TIS SIMPLE! Mutants fair student body, MUTANTS HAVE DISGRACED THE GREAT JAPAN WITH THEIR UNCLEAN WAYS!" he crowed.

Whispered murmuring started amongst the crowds of students, occasionally phrases such as "What the heck?" and "What did mutants do?" would rise from the crowd, but most were lost in the rapid succession of questions from the other students.

Ranma gave the students a weird look, before glaring at Kuno. "What's that dork doin now?"

Nabiki frowned, "His father is one of those big supporters of the Mutant screening bills. Donated a rather sizeable amount to Takahashi's pocket, all for the bill." she scowled.

"Hey!" Akane hmmphed, "Don't go saying that bill's all bad because people like the Kuno's support it!"

"Eh.." he sighed, glare evaporating into a blank stare.

Kuno's eyes traced the crowd, quickly finding the three teens huddled towards the outer edge, simply watching. Wait.. could this be? That vile Saotome always interfered with his Divine duties, no matter how pure it could be. But.. by Musashi's blade! He was just standing there, looking at him with not hate for his righteousness, but.. yes.. yes that had to be it. That foul cur respected him! Surely it is a sign of both the Heavens and Hell that his duty be done! Very well. On this rare occurrence, the Righteousness of Heaven, and the foul abyss of hell shall join forces to combat the mutant disgrace! "DO YOU NOT KNOW THE DANGER? MUTANTS WALK AMONG US, UNDETECTED, PLOTTING THEIR NEFARIOUS SCHEMES TO DOOM US! LOOK TOWARDS THE MIGHTY EMPIRE OF GAINAX! WERE THEY NOT ASSUALTED? WERE THEY NOT TRESPASSED BY THOSE WITH TAINTED BLOOD?"

Murmurs picked up among the crowd, varying from disbelief to revelation.

"FEAR NOT PEONS!" Kuno cried, which earned his fair share of glares, "FOR WE ARE NOT ALONE IN OUR DISGUST! BEHOLD!" he pointed towards Ranma, "EVEN THE FOUL SAOTOME DARES NOT DISCLAIM THE LOGIC I PRESENT! HE REMAINS SILENT! HE KNOWS THE TURTH OF HEAVEN IS SURE!"

Numerous eyes swiveled towards the boy, who continued to watch Kuno with no outward reaction.

Nabiki face palmed. Where the hell did Kuno get that stupid idea from? She knew Ranma, they guy was about as likely to agree with Kuno as Akane was when it came to admitting she had a rage problem. That idiot!

The murmurs soon became startled whispers when Ranma made no move to refute Kuno's claims. More and more of the gathered crowd, seeing Ranma of all people not contradict Kuno, began to shout in fear.

"What can we do?"

"Mutants! AHHH! WERE ALL GONNA DIE!"

"Only good mutants a dead one!"

Ranma shuddered. He wanted to say something, to fight everything that bastard was saying. He couldn't, he was so confused he just didn't know what to say. Were mutants dangerous? He didn't think so, but even he had seen the destruction wreaked upon Gainax because a mutant hated something so simple as a damn Anime! His own mother was practically a spy for an Agency that as far as he could tell wanted every last mutant on the planet in a holding cell! What the hell could he say without being the biggest god damn hypocrite in Japan?

Nabiki poked the jock, "Hey!" she hissed, "Aren't you going to say something? These idiots believe every word he's saying!"

"Leave me alone." Ranma snapped, tearing his eyes away from Kuno and simply walking towards the school. He needed to think.

She couldn't believe it. Ranma 'Protect the weak' Saotome was.. walking away? Didn't the jerk get it? Just by walking away the whole school was going to think everything Kuno said was true! "Ranma! DO SOMETHING DAMN IT!"

"Nabiki, calm down." Akane grabbed her by the shoulder, trying to hold her in place, "It's just Kuno, okay? No one's going to believe him once they actually think about it!"

"YOU WITNESS THE TRUTH! FOR THE LIKES OF I AND SAOTOME TO JOIN IN THE CRUSADE AGAINST MUTANTS, IT COULD ONLY MEAN ONE THING!" he took in a deep breath, "MUTANTS ARE A SCOURGE ON THIS WORLD! THEY MUST BE DESTROYED, FOR THE HEAVENS WRATH SHALL BE SWIFT BUT SURE!" Kuno crowed, the crowd shouting off in cheers and screams the anticipation they felt after Kuno's moving speech. After all, if Ranma agreed with him, there had to be some merit in all this!

"Oh yeah, no one's going to believe him." Nabiki snapped, scowling at the gathered crowd.

"Eh.. heh.."

---

Within the halls of villains, evil did stir.

"Colonel Takahashi." Musashi bowed respectfully, "We did not expect a visit from you so soon, Taisa"

Takahashi was a bear of a man, especially considering his Japanese heritage. Roughly six feet, with a well refined build, short black hair, and serious dark eyes. "I dislike wasting valuable resources for such mundane things as a welcome." he gruffed, removing his hat. "I'm here by order of the Diet."

"Sir!" Musashi saluted, "What can we do for you?"

"The Diet received information from a Professor Inua Hiami concerning problems that would occur if this Mutant screening bill is passed." he glared, "I would like to dissuade him from bothering the Diet with such concerns."

It was public knowledge the Colonel was one of the prime supporters for the Bill, in fact he practically designed it. Reaching over to his phone, he paged the good doctor, "Hiami to my office, Musashi out."

"He'll be along momentarily."

"Good." the Colonel nodded, "In the mean time, give me a run down of Nero's readiness. I want this Agency at full readiness once that bill is passed."

"Ah." Musashi coughed, "Teams Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie are ready to be deployed. The Anti-Reinforced-Mutant Armor, or ARMA's for short, have been tested against all known mutant abilities, their durability falling well within estimated levels."

"How about the Personal Armored Sentinels (PAS)? I received disturbing reports of technical complications during it's initial testing." the Colonel frowned dangerously at that. The PAS's were personally designed by him, and being a man who despised failure in all it's form, it was a personal mark on his record should they fail to live up to their expectations.

"Ah.." Musashi sighed, "As you know, the majority of the schematics were based off the Ultimately Failed Sentinel Program in America. Due to the inherit design flaws from their incompetent scientists, we ran into a problem with the energy source. It simply doesn't generate enough."

Takahashi snorted, "Are you telling me you can't solve something so simple as a power problem? We are Japanese, Musashi. The Americans pale to our technological might and understanding! How can you even suggest we, the superior race could fail to fix such a simple problem?" Bastard Americans. Leave it to them to screw something up so much nothing but their failed logic could actually get it to work.

Musashi suppressed the urge to wince. Takahashi's racism and bigotry, of the American people especially, was no guarded secret. To even suggest the Americans were better at anything sort of dying was akin to career suicide when it came to Takahashi. "No sir! I'm happy to report we have discovered the problem, and are even now working to correct it. However, do to time constraints and the upcoming convention on Mt. Fuji, we do not believe we have the needed time to have the PAS's fully operational for all field agents."

"That will have to suffice." the Colonel scowled.

Which is why Musashi was very thankful Hiami chose just that moment to arrive. "Ah, Hiami. Good of you to join us." he was careful not to let his relief show. "Taisa Takahashi wishes to have a word with you."

Hiami smiled, "Ah! Taisa Takahashi. I've heard much about you from my colleagues." he bowed respectfully, "To what do I owe the honor?"

"Are you Inua Hiami?"

Hiami blinked, then nodded, "Yes sir."

Rounding the older man, Takahashi continued, his tone deadly serious, "It has come to my attention you do not approve of the Mutant Screening Bill. In fact, you outright oppose it, even going so far as to contact the Diet directly to express your concerns. Is this true?"

"Eh.." he nodded, "Yes sir. After reviewing the bill in it's.."

"That's enough." he waved the other man's explanation, before surprising everyone as he pulled his sidearm free from it's holster. With no time to react, Hiami screamed as Takahashi pulled the trigger, blasting the poor man's hand through.

Crumpling to the ground, he whimpered, holding the bloody hand protectively, "Shit! SHIT! Oh god, he shot me!"

Reholstering his gun, the man replaced his hat before turning to leave, offering only a brief word, "Your concern has been noted. You have five minutes to exit this installation, or the hole in your hand will be the least of your concerns, traitor."

"Bu.. traitor? No!" Hiami whimpered.

"Get him out of my sight." Takahashi scowled as he left the room.

---

This was getting weird, even by Nerima standards. She could admit that to herself, but she couldn't understand what was actually going on. Nabiki had a point, Ranma would be the last person in this school to agree with anything Kuno or his nutty father preached, yet even she couldn't deny the fact the jerk wasn't fighting it. It was strange, it shouldn't be happening this way, and she just didn't have a clue what could be wrong.

Akane was, more or less, stumped. For a second she thought to ask Ranma, but quickly buried that notion. That jerk still hasn't apologized!

Sighing, she managed to tear her eyes off Hinako and her lesson. Ranma was just sitting there, staring out the window, lost in his own thoughts. The big jerk didn't even realize what was going on! Argh!

"Hin.... mu...?"

Akane blinked. Hinmu? What the heck was that.

"May.....ane....."

Hinmu? Mayane? Akane blinked. People were whispering all around the room, it was a miracle Hinako hadn't caught them yet. When she felt some one poking her in the back, she had to restrain the urge to scream. Looking back, she found a folded piece of paper practically shoved in her face by one of her classmates. Confused, she hesitantly took the pre-offered note, giving them girl who handed it to her a strange look before opening it.

"Akane-

Do you think Hinako-sensei's a mutant?

Y/N

Nimonia"

Akane blinked. Hinako, a mutant? That's the craziest thing she ever... Wait. She.. she could be, now that she thought about. Draining life energy? No, that's silly. Hinako couldn't be a... wait a second.. she could even fire blasts of energy, just like that mutant in the news! Yeah.. no wait, this was Hinako-sensei! She never hurt anyone who didn't deserve it! Thats right! She couldn't be.. no wait, didn't she drain a whole bunch of people when she first showed up trying to get Ranma? But the jerk wouldn't stand still and take his punishment! Yeah! That's right! Hinako couldn't possibly... eer.. then again, growing from a child to an adult instantly was really really weird..

Quickly circling the Y, Akane folded the paper and handed it back. She would have to watch Hinako more closely, just to be safe. Yep, that's what she'll...

"AHA!" Sho Yamazaki, one of Kuno's Kendo Club cronies suddenly shouted, jumping from his seat and pointing a finger accusingly at their instructor "I knew it! You're a mutant!"

Hinako blinked, pulling the lollipop from her mouth, "Hmm? Is a mutant nice?" she frowned cutely, "Or a delinquent?"

"You can't fool us!" Sho sneered, waving a paper around in the air for all to see, "Even the pure delicate flower, Akane Tendo, can see through your lies! Behold able bodied classmates! The perfection that is Akane Tendo agrees with Master Kuno! Hinako-sensei.." it was odd, since he said that respectfully while trying to incite the class against the educator, "... is a mutant!"

Ukyo blinked. Being late to school that day, she had completely missed Kuno baka's decorum, and was rightfully confused, "Geesh sugar, calm down."

"NAY!" from seemingly out of no where Kuno came crashing through the doors, "So it's true! You are a mutant! A unholy pustule on the universe!"

Akane lowered her head, embarrassed. How the heck did everything just suddenly go to hell? She risked a glance towards Ranma, whimpering when she saw him still staring out the window, completely lost in his own thoughts. The baka didn't even realize Kuno was in the room, trying to organize a witch hunt against a currently pre-schooler!

"Mr. Kuno!" Hinako cried, "Are you being a delinquent!? I bet you arrrrrrrrre!"

"Be silent, knave. For too long has your black evil soul darkened these halls!"

"Yeah! Darkened these halls!" Sho cried.

"Thank you, lower classman Yamazaki!" Kuno praised the loyal peasant. For surely, the gods have blessed him with such gratuitous servitude! He shall strive not to disappoint the gods.

"Oh.. Kuno-sempai.." Sho whispered dreamily, eyes sparkling.

Ukyo gagged, while Akane slammed her head against the desk. This was getting way too weird.

"Mr. Kuno!" Hinako chirruped, cutting in, "If you don't return to your class immediately, I'll be forced to discipline you!" so saying, she retrieved a strange small yen piece, strange as in the weird circle directly in the middle.

"Pfeh." Kuno waved his hand, dismissing such petty tricks, "Now that I know your true form, the gods would surely protect me from your foul sorceries!"

"Really?" Hinako pouted, staring at her yen piece as if it had betrayed her, she sniffed, "You.. you meanie!"

"Such theatrics, I'm impressed." he nodded appreciatively. "Notice how the fake tear rolls down her cheek, no doubt trying to trick me into lowering my guard. Well, NAY! NAY I SAY! BEGONE FOUL EDUCATOR!"

"Yeah! Get her Kuno-sempai!"

"She's a mutant! You can't trust a mutant!"

"BURN HER! BURRRRRRRRRRRN HER!"

"She's a witch! She turned me into a newt!"

Everyone blinked, turning their gaze to Higashi, the class weirdo. This being Nerima, that meant something.

"What? I got better..." he sweat dropped.

Akane slammed her heat against her desk, repeatedly, mumbling like a mantra, "Bad dream. Bad dream. Not happening. Bad dream. Why won't I wake up?"

Ukyo had seen, much to her dismay, far too many Hinako drainings first hand to realize what was about to happen. "Hell with these idiots!" she dived to the side.

"HAPPO-FIVE-YEN-SATSU!"

Instantly Ki blasted from all the students, forming large streamers of green energy as she sucked the power into herself, slowly her body grew, bust increasing as her hair grew to match her larger body.

Kuno collapsed, along with the rest of the class "I.. fight.. on!"

Akane wanted to smack him in the face, but being in the line of fire for Hinako's ki drain, she had little strength to follow the impulse through.

"Delinquents." Hinako smirked, tossing her hair back. It was then she caught of a glimpse of some one, more importantly, of some one still standing.

Ranma, completely out of it, remained staring out the window, seemingly unaffected by Hinako's Happo-five-yen-satsu.

"Ahem." Hinako tried to get his attention.

Nothing.

"A~hem!"

Nothing.

"Mr. Saotome!" she scowled.

Ranma blinked, startled out of his day dreaming. "Uh? Wha?" Whoa, what the hell happened? Everyone looked to have a first encounter of the Hinako-kind. "Geesh teach, how we suppose to learn anythin with you drainin everyone?"

She was just a bit unnerved by the fact the entire class had just seemed ready to riot, on her no less. Ranma's smart ass remark was just enough to annoy her. "Happo-five-yen-satsu!"

Nothing happened.

Ranma blinked, "Uh.." Well that was weird. "Can I go to tha bathroom?"

Hinako stared at her coin blankly. What the hell just happened. She was so out of it, she didn't even notice Ranma leave the room.

---

"And then Kuno baka showed up screaming something about mutants, next thing I knew she drained us!" Akane growled, kicking a loose rock on the sidewalk in frustration.

Nabiki whistled. Sure, she had heard about the incident, little happened in her school with out her knowing about it. In fact, given certain spy ware, she doubted anything passed her notice. "I can't believe you guys tried to riot on her. Are you nuts?"

"Wha? Don't look at me!" Akane exclaimed, trying to defend herself, "I didn't want anything to do with it! It's all Kuno's fault!"

"Sure." Nabiki shrugged, "So where was Ranma during all this?"

Ranma, walking along the chain fence, shook his daydreams off when he heard his name being called, "Eh? Wha? Wassup?"

"Pfeh. That jerk wasn't even paying attention!" she then pointed a finger accusingly at the boy, "He even came up with a technique against Hinako's drain! He didn't even tell us he had! Argh!"

Ranma looked stupefied, "Eh.. no I didn't?"

"Jerk! I saw you! You didn't even look winded!"

Nabiki frowned, for a second wondering just what was on the jocks mind. She knew him well enough to know he wouldn't lie out right, especially about a technique. What would be the point? It's not like he would teach anyone.

Ranma frowned, then shrugged, "Fine, whatever. Don't believe me."

"ARRGH! Why do you always make this about you!" Akane scowled!

"Wha.."

"It's always about you you you!" she continued, voice dropping a few octane as she tried to imitate him, "Oh, woe is me, everyone picks on me, boo hoo hoo! I'm just a jerk I don't even care if I hurt anyone, boo hoo hoo!"

"Hey!" he shouted, scowling angrily, "What the heck is your problem?"

Akane shuddered, "You.. never pay attention." she whimpered out, before taking off in a run.

Nabiki quickly fell into the realm of the perpetually shocked. Whoa..

Ranma watched her go, the look of confusion slowly fading away to recognition, then to rage, "Fine! I'm outta here!" so saying, he turned around and began running in the opposite direction.

Nabiki quickly found herself standing alone in the street, shocked. The fact Akane had gone off like that freaked her, she wouldn't have ever expected her to talk about that, in public no less. "Oh Kami.."

---

To be Continued (Maybe)

Authors Notes: None.