Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Antidote ❯ The Truth? Mom, you can't handle the truth! ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The Ultimate Antidote
Written by: Matdeception

Ranma 1/2 Notes: Takes place after Saffron and the failed wedding.

X-Men Evolution: Time line all fucked up, and I don't care.

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights of Ranma 1/2, nor X-men evolution. I write this piece of fan fiction to pay homage to the original creators, and nothing more. Nor would I ever seek to monetary gain through said intellectual property.

Credit where credit is due: The original idea for Ranma's mutant ability was created by Thrylind on the Anime Addventure. I have been granted his permission to use his idea in the making of this fic. So there.

--------

Chapter Two: The truth? Mom, you can't handle the truth!

--------


Nodoka winced, rubbing her sore wrists as her son stared stupidly at her. He really didn't know his own strength. "Why didn't you tell me you knew the truth?" She wasn't stupid. They had seen each other quite a bit this last month, more then enough time for him to ask questions. The way he just reacted screamed his ignorance, but that didn't make much sense. Unless.. he just mutated, which she doubted.

"What the heck?" Ranma blinked, then scowled, "Who gives a crap about that?" No, he was just a little too freaked out to be calm, "Why didn't you tell pop or me about this?"

"What would I say?" she sighed, "You know, deep down, your fathers completely devoted to his ideals on racial purity. What would he say? What would he do if he knew his wife was a mutant, through birth his only child had been polluted with mutant blood?" She knew Genma wasn't anti-mutant, he was the atypical Japanese man, obsessed, even if only remotely, with the honor of his family and of his clan.

Rubbing his forehead, he winced, both in pain at his returning headache, and at the stinging truth of her words. "But, y'know, he loves ya. Sure he might be upset an all, but he'd see through that crap in the end."

"Maybe." she allowed. There wasn't much hope in that, but you never could tell with Genma. That chaotic nature of his was what drew her to him in the first place. "And you didn't answer my question." He certainly was differnt from other men she had met.

Slumping on the bench, he coughed, "Why would I?"

"Son." Nodoka began with a frown, "You just saw through my disguise. Like that. No hints, no mess ups on my part. How on earth did you do it? Are you a mutant?"

Ranma blinked, "Eh?" quickly shaking his head in response, "Nah, ain't mutant. I just got a technique that lets me see through that kinda thing, kay?" He really hoped she accepted that answer, his headache was getting worse and he really didn't want to have to deal with actually answering it in full.

"Technique?" she breathed nervously. Her son had a technique that could pierce her disguise, when most countries on the planet with their technology had no chance in hell of breaking her deceit. She would have to be a total fool to not recognize the danger in such a thing. "What technique? Who taught you?" she winced when her questions came out in an almost desperate torrent. The thought of just anyone being able to break her only means of mingling in society had her on edge.

Ranma sighed, "Eh, it's called 'The Inner Light', and no one taught me it."

"You came up with it?" she breathed in relief. That was better then just anyone with the means to purchase the knowledge discovering her.

"Nope." he grumbled, "I just got tired of all the lies, y'know? Nabiki's sneakin, Mousse, Shampoo, heck even Ryoga tryin ta sneak up on me all the time. So.. I kinda stole it."

"Stole it?"

"Yah, from the letch. He probably didn't even realize he had it." It always amazed him how much shit the old bastard had stowed away, heck, half the techniques he peaked at woulda probably made the dick ten times more dangerous then he already was, "The technique kinda didn't work real well at first. After learnin the first level of it, Way of Light, which is kinda like a radar or something, I kinda realized how pointless it was to use it. Found out Jusenkyo curses also counted, and it'd never tell me just where the deceit or lie was comin from." he finished with a cough. Man, what the hell was with this headache?

"Ah.." she nodded thoughtfully, "And since we never actually met with out dear Genma, or another of the Jusenkyo cursed individuals at least nearby, you never had any reason to suspect."

"Yeah." he admitted, "The second level, Lights Truth, lets me see through Illusions and crap. Things like Jusenkyo curses and stuff, but it tires me out real fast, so I can't do it all the time."

"I see."

"Eh.." he grimaced. Okay, this wasn't funny anymore. These god damn headaches just needed to leave him the hell alone. Better get out of here, he needed to think anyway, "I.. think it's time to go, y'know, I need to think and stuff."

"Promise me Ranma." Nodoka began, deadly serious, "You won't tell anyone my secret? Not your father, not Tendo, no one?"

"Ah.." Damn, and he really wanted ta talk to some one about this whole thing. See what they think and all that. He sighed, "Yeah, sure."

"Thank you, dear." she let out a relieved breath. Last thing she needed was some one finding out. "Lets go home."

Ranma took to his feet, stumbling as his headache suddenly pulsed. Argh! Taking two steps, he stumbled again, the pain bringing him to a knee, "Shit! Shit shit shit!"

"Ranma? What's wrong?" she kneeled down beside him, concern plain in her eyes.

"Headache.. s'no problem, just.. ah.." he shuddered. When black spots began to flicker at the edge of his vision, he really wished he could take that last sentence back. "No.. it's bad.. I can't move." With out warning he collapsed, unconscious.

"Ranma!" she reached out to grab him, only to yelp in pain as a mix of blue and black electricity arched from his prone body and struck her. "What the hell?" cradling her injured hand, she could only watch in mute horror as more and more of the strange lightning appeared and coursed over her son's form.

---

He came awake with a start, only to whimper at the ungodly pain echoing off every part of his body. His head hurt, his nose hurt, hell, even his hair hurt. What the hell was going on?

"It's as you suspected, Professor Hiami." a unknown sneezy voice spoke, alerting him to the fact he wasn't alone.

"I see." a sigh, from an equally unrecognized voice, "Have you ascertained the effects of his mutant gene?"

Mutant? What the hell? He wasn't a mutant. Trying to move his arms, he quickly discovered something he didn't like one bit. He was held bound on a cold steel table, with similar bars stretched over his body at his ankles, knees, thighs, waist, chest, wrists, elbows, and forehead. Damn, no leverage.

"Yes we have." Ranma risked peeking, opening one eye ever so slightly to peer around as much as the room as he could. Some type of medical laboratory, with varying machines that did crap he couldn't figure out. Two men, one slim and bald except for rather bushy hair starting at the base of his skull, working it's way around his head till his ears, dressed in a lab coat. The other was older by far, with more wrinkles then silly putty, grey hair and a beard, dressed in a brown suit. Great, geeks managed to catch him. Wait.. what about mom? She was there, what happened to her?

"It's most fascinating, from a medical stand point." Slims explained, unable to hide his excited tone, "While possessing no immediate military use, my assistants and I whole heartedly agree the subject could be used to help rid the world of many different types of illnesses."

"To the point, Doctor Munro." Hiami snapped.

"Ah, yes." Munro coughed, "His mutant ability is what we have come to term as, 'The Ultimate Antidote."

"The what?" Hiami blinked.

"Ultimate Antidote, sir." he spoke excitedly, reaching the desk and turning his monitor to his associate, "Thanks to Professor Essex's research, we've been able to create various experiments that model, if not out right copy, known mutant powers." he pointed to a display, "Using these devices, we discovered for the most part he has little to no actual resistances to said abilities. It wasn't until we began testing with the Midas protocols that we noticed a reaction."

"Midas protocols?" Hiami blinked, "Explain."

"Ah, yes." he nodded quickly, "Essex reports that there exists mutants capable of attacks simply by touch. Such effects as energy transfer, life drain, and blight touch. The point however, is that when exposed to these abilities we received a reaction within his cellular makeup."

"And?"

"Yes, well with Blight Touch, a mutant is capable of literally causing extreme decay in whatever it makes contact with. When exposed to this, we discovered he was resistant, if not out right immune to the effects. To be sure, we repeated the experiments with Life drain and transfer, respectfully, and in all cases the results were similar to the first."

"I see." Hiami nodded slowly.

Well I sure as hell don't! Ranma really wished he had some leverage here, he needed to get away and find his mother.

"There's more to this, isn't there." Hiami finally spoke, gazing at Munro quizzically.

"Oh yes, indeed there is." he nodded eagerly, quickly tapping on his key board and bringing up another screen. "Standard procedure when examining any mutant is a thorough blood test. What we discovered with the patient was an abnormally high white blood cell count, not to mention certain types of blood cells we hadn't even seen before." he pointed to strange bluish black hued cells, making his point, "On a hunch, we exposed the blood cells to a strain of a rather deadly flesh eating virus. Can you even begin to guess what happened next?"

"Eh.. no." Hiami shrugged.

"It's unprecedented! For the first three hours the virus followed it's usual path, attacking blood cells before moving on to the DNA chain itself. However, that's when these mysterious blood cells started working. Within eight hours all traces of the virus had been purged from the sample, and even before our eyes we could see the cells destroyed by the virus regenerating."

Hiami frowned, "So what your saying is, the mutant is capable of extreme regeneration levels, is immune to most diseases, and makes all mutants with Midas classification no threat?"

"Ah.." Munro sighed, "For the most part, true. However, the regeneration factor is a bit off, and this is all circumstantial evidence."

"Oh?"

"According to Essex's report, a mutant in America by the call sign of Wolverine has what we would term as 'extreme' regeneration levels. Comparing our findings to his reports, I would surmise that while he does have enhanced regeneration, it isn't anywhere near the levels described by Essex."

"I see.." Hiami frowned, removing his glasses he pinched the bridge of his nose, tiredly, "Anything else?"

"Well there is the matter of his physical.." Munro began.

"No there isn't." Hiami waved the man off.

"But sir!" he protested.

"Munro, the patients physical abilities are well known to me. He has been under observation long before you joined the team." he just didn't want to have to listen to it again, "Your final assessment, I deduce, Military Use: None, Medical Use, specifically research, invaluable. Correct?"

"Ah.." he blinked, then sighed in resignation, "Correct."

"Good." Hiami grunted, "Prepare the patient for transport."

"We're letting him go?"

"Until the Mutant Screening bill is passed, we have no reason to hold him." Hiami shrugged, "We'll inject him with RDU90 and let him fill in the blanks himself. I assure you, once the bill is passed we'll pick this one up post haste for your research."

"I.. understand." Munro sighed, picking up the phone.

Hiami's gaze wandered from Munro towards the patient, lingering for a moment until he stepped away from his collogues desk, stepping up to the table Ranma was strapped too. He stared for a little, casting a glance back towards Munro and finding him busily chatting away on the phone, before whispering, "Sit tight, dear. We'll be free soon."

Ranma's eyes flashed open, staring blankly at the man, "Wha.."

"Shhhh." he hissed, pressing his hand over the boy's mouth, "Quiet." he took in a deep breath, "You collapsed on me, Ranma. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't even move you."

"Eh.."

"Shhh. Just lay low, when you are let go, head for my house." Hiami whispered quickly, before turning around and stepping away, just in time too as Munro set the phone down.

"We'll be ready to transport him in an hour, sir."

"Good." Hiami grunted, "Drop him off right where we found him, I'll handle the reports for General Musashi."

Munro nodded, "Yes sir."

---

There were many thoughts raging through his mind as he turned in his report. The fact his son had collapsed like he had had worried him, and he wished he hadn't needed to bring the boy here of all places. He didn't have a choice, though. Shortly after Ranma collapsed, a patrol unit had spotted him. It was either bring him here, a place he had considerable leeway, or a normal hospital, and run the risk of the Police discovering the truth. At least here the fact he was a mutant wouldn't cause any problems, so long as that blasted bill never passed. If it did, things were going to get complicated, and he knew it. Still, that was over three days ago, which no doubt left tensions running high in Nerima, but the Tendo's and fiancée's would be far easier to deal with.

Musashi picked up the report, and frowned, "Negative was he?"

"Yes sir." Hiami said with a smile, "Seems we jumped the gun on this one. The boy tested negative on all tests for the mutant gene. I've gone ahead and injected the boy with RDU90 before releasing him to the general public. As procedure dictates, all records that the man was ever in our care will be erased."

"Pity." he waved the man off, "Keep me informed."

"Yes sir." Hiami nodded.

---

*ringring*

Hiami sighed, reaching into his coat and pulling out his cell phone, "Doctor Hiami speaking."

"Patient has been released, no problems to report in drop off." a cold, militant voice answered.

Thank god. Hiami reached out, hitting the 'Stop' button on the elevator, before continuing.

"Understood. Return to base, and destroy all files related to the mutant."

"Yes sir."

"That includes Munro." Hiami stressed seriously.

"Understood." *click*

He may have screwed over his first son and daughter, but he swore nothing would hurt his only family that didn't hate his guts, yet anyway, and hopefully he never will.

---

He stared blankly at the empty, barren pantry.

No food.

Not willing to admit defeat yet, the boy moved towards the refrigerator. Pulling it open, he sighed. Empty here too. Gee, did his mom have ANY food in this place?

"This just sucks." he grunted, moving from the kitchen to the living, where he slumped onto the couch. His mind was reeling with everything he had learned, and he realized his vain attempt to eat was just his way of ignoring the problem. His mother was a mutant, capable of assuming different shapes, heck, capable of assuming a whole new gender. And here he thought he was the only one in the family with that particular trick.

Questions, questions, always questions. Where was that place? Who were those guys? How did his mother know about them, heck, how did she even get in there? They even said he was a mutant, but.. was he really? He didn't think so. Nothing felt new to him, and didn't mutants usually get some kinda nifty powers? Like lazer beams or x-ray vision?

He looked at the clock. Two hours already, where was she?

Argh! For the love of hell. Everything was goin out of control. Pop and Tendo probably worried sick by now. Who knows what the fiancée's are doin, prolly lookin for him, how the heck was he gonna explain this mess to em?

Shit. Everythin was just happening to fast. He needed time to think, to figure this crap out.

He yawned, shaking his head to dispel the sleepy feeling he was getting. Now wasn't the time to sleep.

Let's think about this. His mom was a mutant. His dad wasn't, doubt he'd even want anythin to do with her once he found out. If he found out, anyway. Mom didn't seen to keen on tellin him anytime soon. Akane was probably worried spitless by now, heck Kasumi too even. 'side from that, he had been kidnapped and experimented on by some whackadoo claiming all types of crap he didn't understand. Even weirder, his mom seemed to be apart of the group. Just what the hell her connections were with that group worried him.

*Wham* The sound of the door slamming alerted him to another's presence.

Good. Time to get some answers. He grunted, rising from the couch.

Hiami, the old KFC lookin doctor from the lab walked in, instantly sighing in relief the moment he caught sight of Ranma. Despite knowing better, the man still held a tiny bit of fear that his son had gotten caught again while he covered up his existence from the Agency. "Fun day, huh?"

He frowned, "Mom?" he suspected the man was, but was simply to tired to call forth Lights Truth.

Like a sickening version of dominos, from head to toe the man began to morph into his mother. Grey hair replaced with dingy red, wrinkles vanishing to be replaced by smoother skin, clothes morphing as well into the traditional Kimono the woman always wore. "Yes?"

Ranma blinked, then shook off his surprise. Seeing her actually becoming the woman he thought he knew was weird, but his mind was still too numb to think much of it. He had questions, and he wanted answers, damn it! "What the heck happened? Who was that guy? What was that place? What the hell is going on?"

Nodoka sighed, grabbing her sons hands and leading him back to the couch, where she sat down as well. "Dear, it's complicated."

"Uncomplicate it then." Ranma snapped.

She sighed. This was going to be a long night, and then they still had to deal with the Tendo's. "When you passed out, I tried to move you. Something happened, when I reached out to touch you I was struck. Some weird energy had erupted from your body, and each time I tried to move you I'd get zapped worse then the previous one."

Ranma blinked. That was weird.

"The light show drew some attention, and I was forced to bring you to Agency Nero."

"Agency Nero?" What the hell was that?

Nodoka sighed, rubbing her forehead tiredly, "I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it. No one really knows about it. It's a Agency trained exclusively in the capture and containment of rogue mutants. Their funded by the government, and if that bill concerning mutant screening is passed, they will be the ones to lead the first wave of the governments efforts to enforce law upon mutants like myself, and.." she stared at him, wincing at the stupefied confusion and shock in his eyes. He was just a minnow caught in a tuna net, unaware of the big picture, or the fact he was even caught by it. ".. you."

So he was a mutant. Hearing his own mother confirm it left little doubt in his imagination. Rather then think about that earth shattering fact, he ignored it and pressed on, "How the hell did you even get caught up with those idiots?" The fact she, a mutant, was even consorting with the likes of Agency Nero was weird. What did she hope to accomplish with it? And that raised another question... "Were you serious? About people lookin at me and stuff?"

Nodoka blinked. Oh yeah, she had mentioned that. "Well.. yes." she sighed, "Agency Nero is always seeking to recruit new members, especially those with above human abilities. Not mutants exclusively, even Ryoga-kun's been sighted for observation."

Ranma grunted. Great, Ryoga hadn't even done anything and already he was in this mess. "And? Why the hell are you in Nero?"

"I joined to keep tabs, mainly." Nodoka shrugged, "Through my efforts, I've been able to delay the bill nearly six months so far. I had hope for at least another year, but that stupid Otaku ruined it all for me!" she growled, "Damn Gainax! Stupid Shinji, if he just followed orders everything would have been perfect!"

"Eh.. heh." Ranma sweated. His mother was an Anime fan? Weird. "Yeah..."

Nodoka blinked, then chuckled nervously, "Forget I said that."

"Will do, Ritsuko." he rolled his eyes.

---

Nodoka sighed. This was going to be harder then she thought. Looking over the Tendo Dojo, she allowed her gaze to wander.

Ranma was as nervous as a killer bee, his looks jumping from one extreme to another. For a second he was serious, calm, and in control, only to change to nervous, fearful, and frantic in the blink of an eye. Poor boy was really scared, not that she could blame him either. It's not everyday you find out your a mutant, or that you've been watched by an Agency for months on end that would likely want nothing more to do with you then a noose does with a hangman who had no one else left to hang once his secret was revealed.

"Ranma, dear. Calm down." she breathed, agitated by his constant worrying, "Just remember the story, and we'll be fine."

Ranma winced, smiling weakly. He really didn't mean to be so jumpy, but this was the Tendo's. Akane was probably so worried by now she'd freaken kill him the moment she saw him. Some call it tough love, he just called it psychosis. Still, if he could calm her down before the big meltdown, he might just have a chance to live through this. All that, and it's only Akane. Genma and Mr. Tendo would be pissed off, Kasumi, bless her heart, would be worried, but even he wasn't stupid enough to realize she wouldn't be just a tad bit upset for not calling. That left Nabiki as the wildcard. Who knew what she would do.

"Right. I'll.. t-t-ry."

"Please, just remember not to say anything about Nero, or the fact were.." she glanced around nervously. Last thing they needed was this becoming public knowledge. Ranma was already so round up over the thing he could very well crack any second. ".. gifted."

"No problem there." he grunted, with a sigh.

Nodoka nodded, before knocking on the door.

In short order the door creaked open, a pair of brown expressive orbs tinted red with worry and tiredness peered out. It was Kasumi.

Ranma coughed, "Er, hi..URK!"

Kasumi lunged with out giving him any time to finish, pulling the boy into a hug worthy of Ryoga in sheer strength. Ranma weakly tried to pry himself out, but the homemaker wouldn't have any of it. "Ranma! Oh thank the Gods, you're okay!" she punctuated each word by hugging tighter. "We were so worried!"

"Kasumi.. dear.." Nodoka sweat dropped, "If you don't stop squeezing him, there will really be a reason to worry." Honestly, her son was starting to turn blue!

"Oh my!" she meeped, dropping the boy to the floor, where he weakly struggled for the door.

"Oh god.. ribs.. broken.. can't.. ugh." he fainted.

Nodoka sighed in sympathy. If Kasumi could bring herself to nearly suffocate her child, maybe it's for the best he was unconscious, lest they kill him with their affection. "Dear..."

"Oh dear." Kasumi winced.

"... love is a wonderful thing.. too much though."

Ranma twitched, but remained unconscious.

"Auntie!" Kasumi gasped in shock.

"Now now, lets get the boy inside. Lying face first in the ground can't be a good thing." Nodoka smirked.

---

There was a palpable since of worry, even anger present when she entered the room. The look on Akane, Nabiki, even the fathers set her on edge. They looked like some one just died. All were huddled next to the TV, where some news cast was playing.

"Oh dear, you look absolutely dreadful." she commented, drawing their attentions.

Akane winced, her tone just laced with no small dose of fear sorrow, "Auntie.. they.. they." she hiccupped, finding it harder and harder to get the words out. What would she say? What would she do?

Nodoka blinked, gently patting Akane's head, "Dear? What's wrong?" she was surprised when Akane literally grabbed her hand, holding it to her head as she wept.

Soun coughed, "Maybe we should leave.." he looked to Nabiki, who only nodded solemnly before literally dragging herself from the room, looking as sad and pathetic as anyone one person could.

Nodoka blinked, watching them go, "What's going on?" she looked to Genma, noticed for the first time the stone cold mask he had summoned into place. Little emotion was playing off his normally expressive cheeks. Not even a drop of mischievous intentions, or sneaky plans. He almost looked.. serious. "Dear?"

"Nodoka." Genma began, a sure sign something was really really wrong. He hadn't called her Nodoka since they met, always No-chan, or cuddle bunny, or sexy woman, or.. well that's none of your business. "They found a body in the harbor last.." he sniffed, eyes cracking as a tear managed to snake it's way free, "Last night.. it's Ranma."

Nodoka blinked once. Twice. Thrice. What the hell? "Uh.. no it isn't?"

Genma sighed, rising up and enveloping the obvious distraught and unbelieving woman in a tight hug. He knew the truth, he had talked with the police himself, the body had been badly burned, but they had managed to recover trace elements of DNA on the corpse. Just enough for a positive ID. "Dear, I know this is hard.. he's dead.."

Akane wailed against her leg. This was wrong! All wrong! The jerk wasn't suppose to disappear like that! He wasn't suppose to die!

Nodoka looked between Akane, and Genma. She couldn't deny it, both obviously believed her son was dead. "I think there's been a mistake."

"Let it out Nodoka, let it out." Genma cried, hugging her all the tighter. What a courageous woman! To not weep when their only child was dead! Oh, he was so proud of her, doing what he could not, to be a rock against the endless tides of despair!

"No, seriously, there's been a mistake!" she tried to stress her point, but Genma just assumed she was delirious.

"Oh for the love of god, get a room you two!" Ranma hissed. Behind him, Soun was unconscious, and Nabiki had collapsed, looking delirious. At least Kasumi's reaction made more sense. Geesh! They thought he was dead!

Akane froze, pulling back from Nodoka to stare at the boy.

Genma's eyes snapped open, blinking in tandem with Akane's as he looked at the boy.

Nodoka chuckled lightly, "Told you it was just a mist.. " only to have her sentence cut off as Akane leapt across the room screaming bloody murder, "Akane dear! VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER!"

Ranma blanched, "Oh holy hell." and took off. Hurricane Akane trailing not far behind, encased in an aura of angry red just promising Ramnacide.

Nodoka meeped, suddenly finding herself shoved to the side and Genma leapt after the teenagers, "BOY! COME HER AND DIE LIKE A MAN!"

"Eat spit, oyajIIII! WHOA! Put the scooter down Akane!"

"YOU HAD ME CRYING! DIE RANMA!"

Nodoka blink blinked. This.. was crazy.

---

"A man found last night in Tokyo Harbor has been identified. Twice. Earlier findings had discovered the man to be that of a missing youth from the Nerima Prefecture, one Saotome Ranma. Later investigation revealed this to be a rare mistake on part of the Tokyo forensics department, who discovered the true identity of the man to be one Alexander Munro, a visiting genetic researcher working for Tokyo General.

Spokesmen for the hospital report that Mr. Munro was working late last night, and that he had been drinking, when he suddenly clocked out and left the premises. An ambulance was later discovered missing, security camera's catching Munro in the act. The police believe the reason Mr. Munro was confused for Mr. Saotome was due to the fact that same ambulance had been used earlier that night to transport Mr. Saotome, who had suffered a massive stress attack and fainted. Blood samples could have come loose during Mr. Munro's drunken ride through Tokyo, which would explain the mistake made earlier by Police forensics. Police have ruled the death a suicide, brought on by ignorance of Japanese motor laws compiled with his own drunken state that caused him to crash into the Harbor. His burns were likely caused by electric failure of the equipment carried by the ambulance, possibly when it was knocked around in the ride.

Now we go to Tokyo harbor, where Ching Sanada is covering the recovery of the ambulance from the bottom. Ching, how are things?"

"So that's what happened!" Soun snapped his fingers, "Of course, I knew the boy was alive. It seemed off to me he'd die like that."

Nodoka smirked, "I see."

Nabiki spared the older woman a strange look, before shrugging slowly, "So.. just where was Ranma, all this time?" She didn't believe the stress attack story. True, it held some merit, the guy certainly had to deal with his fair share of weirdness, but he didn't seem any different now then he was three days ago. Something just didn't feel right, especially with the way Nodoka was acting. She wasn't doing anything out of the norm, but she couldn't help but feel something was being hidden.

Nodoka shrugged, "He had been complaining about headaches earlier that night. Aside from that everything seemed fine, until we decided to go home. He passed out." she shuddered, "It was such a shock, I was afraid my little boy had been hurt!"

A crash from upstairs sounded, which brought a smirk to Nabiki's lips, "Might of been better if he hadn't just showed up. Akane and Genma are really going at him."

"Ah, there just playing." Nodoka giggled, "I'm sure they wouldn't do anything to hurt my precious boy."

A scream from upstairs.. "OH MY GOD! NOT THE FACE NOT THE.. NOT THE BALLS NOT THE BALLS!" followed by a loud smack, and some pathetic whimpering clued Nabiki in to the truth. The fact Nodoka seemed oblivious of it was noted. "You're probably right." That still left too many unanswered questions and wholes in the story. If Ranma had collapsed that first night, why would an Ambulance still have blood samples? Didn't they dispose of such bio-hazards after delivering the patients? Not to mention the fact the news report stated he had been brought in last night, when Nodoka's story pointed towards three nights ago. And the feeling she got.. no, there was something deeper here. She just new it.

"BOY! HOW DARE YOU MAKE YOU'RE FATHER SUFFER SO!" Genma cried from upstairs, the sound of two bodies rolling across the floor making itself known.

"Oh god! NOT THE CRADLE OF HELL!"

"OH MY SON, HOW I LOVE YOU! HOW I WORRIED! FORGIVE YOUR FATHER, I WAS SO SAD I ALMOST CRIED! WAH!"

---

To Be Continued (Maybe)

Authors Notes: There's a 'The Fugitive', starring Harrison Ford, segment in the story. Or at least something dealing with the main storyline of that particular movie. See if you can find it!

Note on Ranma's Mutation: Below is a listing of Ranma's mutation. Please note the information isn't complete, as I'll only list what has been revealed through the story thus far.

* beside any of the following means there is further information on the subject, which will be located below the following.

Name: The Ultimate Antidote
Type: Passive
Effects: Increased regeneration*, Immunity to all Diseases*, Immunity to Transfer, Drain, and similar attacks

Note on Regeneration: His base regeneration factor is similar to Logan's, but only barely. Wounds that take Wolverine seconds to heal takes Ranma an hour to the whole day to recover. Wounds that incapacitate Logan for upwards of a day would take a week, to two weeks for Ranma to recover enough to even move. Basically, his healing factor has raised a bit, but it isn't anywhere near as powerful as Logan's, or as useful, since Hour long fights rarely rarely ever happen.

Note on Disease Immunity: He can contract diseases, viruses, and the like. However, they can only get so far in their progress before his mutant ability kicks in and begins to annihilate the infection. This increases the rate at which he will recover from said disease. Instead of three days to a week with a flu, Ranma would be up and around by the end of the first day. Cancer and other life threatening diseases are likewise effected by his mutant gene, but you can expect weeks to months to pass before he is cured of the infection.

There may, or may not be, other effects from his mutation that haven't been discovered yet, so I'll include this list at the end of every chapter where another power is revealed. However, you should realize if any mutant powers appear, it's directly linked to this, and will follow in a similar vein. At the moment, there is only one hidden power linked to this (and I doubt there will be more), but that won't be discovered for a while yet, if at all in the writing of this fic.

Send any C&C to narkanarka@hotmail.com, flames to my lawyer. Thanks.

Matdeception