Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Antidote ❯ Give it to me, bitch! ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The Ultimate Antidote
Written By: Matdeception

Ranma 1/2 Notes: Takes place after the Manga

X-Men: Evolution Notes: Time line all screwed up. Taking place during the second season, 'The heX factor' episode happened before Angel Wings, and Rogue only barely met Risty. Live with it.

Disclaimer: I do not write using the aforementioned series in an attempt to steal, discredit, or defame said series or their characters. I write to pay homage to the original creators, as well as improve upon my own dim writing ability. Not now, nor ever will this fan fiction be used to gain monetary value at the expense of said creators intellectual properties.

--------

Chapter 18: Give it to me, bitch!

--------

Jean hissed painfully, crawling into her bed. Her legs felt like iron weights, a testament to Ranma's cruel nature as their teacher. It wouldn't be so bad, either, if she didn't believe he was doing it as revenge for her dumping him. Didn't he understand it hurt her to do that? Rogue deserved this chance, and no matter how much she might resent the girl for it, she had to give her it. Apparently Ranma didn't think so, but how could she expect him too? How could he know how much the girl had been hurting silently, wasting away within even if she appeared fine on the outside? It wasn't fair, but life rarely was.

She grabbed her pillows, tiredly burying her head under the soft fluffy things. She was so tired...

---

Rogue knew the truth, the truth through Logan's eyes. She was angry. No, anger was too weak a word, she loathed the girl more then anything on this miserable little mud ball. She had suspected something had happened between the two yesterday, but not anything like this. No, never this. Jean could be a bit of an ass with things, but even she didn't think the girl would go so far just to spite her. It just proved even her 'family' could be back stabbing bastards.

Having left Logan struggling to move in her own room, she tiptoed down the hall. While she was sure Logan would try to find her, once he recovered his strength, she doubted he would recover it in time. Most of the X-men we're either still out and about, or the ones who took Ranma's endurance training were likely in their rooms ready to pass out at a moments notice, if they hadn't already. Which meant Jean would be alone, alone to experience the rage she felt building within her.

Peering up and down the hall, she slowly opened the door to Jean's room, stepping in as silently as Logan's borrowed memories of Ninjitsu would permit. Closing the door, she spare the room a baleful glance. Dark, the lights off and the window blinds down, she could make out just a bare description of the place. Jean was perhaps one of the only students on campus with her own room, another slight she intended to pay her back for. The room was about the size of hers and Kitty's, with bloody red drapes and color scheme along the walls. Various trinkets laid upon the vanity desk, pressed against the farthest most wall. Bookcases filled with such things like Othello, Shakespeare, and more modern day things like Vanity Fair magazines, Cosmopolitan, and the like. That fascist always talked about trends, going so far as to even demand they complied in some regards. Though, until now, she believed that was her way of dealing with the world. It was all an act, though, she realized that now. The girl hid behind that mask, cleverly sneaking like a snake through the brush, ready to attack and steal what she wanted. This time she had nearly gotten away with it, and with the prize being so damn important to her, she wasn't about to let her get another chance to take him away from her.

Dimly she realized that aspect of herself was borrowed from Logan, the man having rather intimidating Bezerker rages on his own. This time, however, it was her turn. Her turn to let loose, to explode at the person who pissed her off. She figured, at least on some scale, she would normally be in her room being depressed by this knowledge. Yet not this time, this time she was going to fight back against this shit. Jean had slept with Ranma, trying to take away the one person she could touch. The threat of this possibility was very real, at least to her. Jean was the type of girl most, if not all, guys wanted to have. How could she compare? How could she compete on even terms with a girl like that?

She scowled, tiptoeing across the room. Jean was on her bed, head buried beneath her pillows. The slow rise and fall of her chest was sign enough the girl was asleep. She was obviously tired, not even changing out of the cloths she worked out in before passing out like she did. Stepping up to the bed, she glared balefully at the girl. "Bitch.." she whispered hatefully. Think she could do this to her? Think she'd let her get away with it? She was going to pay for her stupidity!

She reached out and touched her.

---

Ranma grimaced, rubbing his forehead tiredly. Reaching out, he grabbed Nabiki's hand as she took the first step up the stairs to their apartment. "Yo, Nabs, I need ta tell ya somethin." he eyed the rest of the group, "Alone." he snapped.

Tabitha rolled her eyes, "Putting the moves on Nabiki now? Yeesh. Jean wasn't enough?" she smirked then, "Awww, goodie two shoes isn't as 'good' as she thought she was!"

Wanda snorted, pushing Tabitha up the stairs, "Shut up already."

Nabiki waited until the group had gone upstairs and entered the apartment before turning on Ranma, "What now?"

"Nabs.. eh.." he slumped a little, "I know it ain't exactly right, what I've done, but.. y'know.. I love her."

Nabiki blinked, "You.. love Jean?"

"Eh?" Ranma blinked in return, "Oh hell nah. She's just a friend." he chuckled, "Nah, what I meant was. Y'know, despite everythin that's happenin, or changin for us. I jus wanted ya to know.. I still love her."

Nabiki frowned curiously. What was he talking about? Loved who? "What's the problem?"

"Well.." he sighed, "With you catchin me an Jean, an all this other crap with dates and stuff. Jus, wanted ya to know. I still love Akane, don't think that'll ever change. It's just hard some times, y'know, livin like this. I ain't lookin for some one to replace her, especially Jean of all people." he scratched his head, nervously, "With the way we've been actin, I.. jus, well I jus didn't want you ta think I forgot about her none."

"Ranma." she sighed, ".. Thanks. It means a lot to me.. hearing that from you." she reached up and hugged him, "I'm sorry if I ever doubted you."

---

Memories. Wild, uncontrolled memories soared through her mind. Thoughts, questions, fears, a sense of desperation. Would she always be forced to wear this mask? Must she always give up what she wanted most from her life for the good of others? A rage, unfocused took her next. Who could have done this to her?!? What had she done to be betrayed like this? Those pictures, those damnable pictures! Her life was over! But that too was washed away, by a soft, almost warm feeling of happiness. He had saw them, he had to have, yet he didn't think any less of her? Even going so far as to tear them away, bring revenge to her shattered existence?

Rogue struggled with the memories. She needed to know more. Holding on tight, she continued to drain the slumbering girl.

Sympathy. Waves of sympathy. The girl wasn't kidding anyone. She could tell, just by the look in her eyes, the way she constantly peeked at him. Rogue was being reminded of the things she couldn't have in life, all because of her damnable power. She wished there was something she could do for the girl.. something. Surprise descended on her then. She could touch him? How? Why? She could touch him! That feeling was only swept away by numbing pain and fear, before that too faded away at his touch. She could feel him, touching her shoulders, massaging away the pain she felt ready to explode from within. She was so tired.. tired of saying no to the things that felt good in life. Tired of being the figurative head, she just wanted to let go.. let go.. Maybe he could help her?

She fell to her knees as the memories, the perfectly sustained memories of the girls passionate embrace with the boy filled her mind.

She was free. She was free of the mask, even if only for now. The rough feel of his hands molding with her body peeling it away. The rise and fall of their heated breaths, the piercing of the veil with each wonderful plunder of him within her. Release, the heady intoxicating feeling of her body rejoicing in tandem from the act. She was free. She was free.. only to be chained by her guilt, by her sympathy, by her pity of the girl who deserved what she had taken. Realization of the fact, knowing he was her only chance for a normal relationship.. she had to help her. Seek forgiveness in this way if nothing else. She'd talk to Ranma, she was sure he'd understand what had to be done, even if neither of them enjoyed it, it was the right thing to do.

Mental energies started seeping into her, she could feel her power of mind manifesting, yet she was still too angry to let go. Quickly she realized the danger of prolonged contact, knew Jean could be hurt, or worse, die from the amount of energy she was stealing from her. Anger, Logan's rage within her, wouldn't let her yield. She wouldn't. Not until she knew everything.

It hurt. Letting him go. The sight of him slumped over, no doubt his heart breaking at what had to be done. She wanted nothing more then to reach out, then to take him as her own. She couldn't.. she couldn't betray Rogue anymore then she had already. Seeing him later, she knew he was angry at her for doing this. Why couldn't he understand, why couldn't he realize everything she had done was for Rogue? The girl deserved this, far more then she ever could.

Rogue forced her hand away, the girls memories swirling in her head like a raging tornado. Deserve? She deserved this?!? The pity of others, all of it was smothering. She didn't want it, she didn't want anything from them! She didn't want anything! ANYTHING! She gripped her head, almost as if in pain, "Jus.. jus wanna be.. loved.." she whimpered.

---

Ranma stiffened in Nabiki's hug. Honestly, that boy couldn't be shy about something so simple as a hug, could he? Nabiki pulled back, grinning, "All right.." she blinked. The guy was tiredly rubbing his temples, almost as if he had the biggest headache in the world suddenly slam down on him. "You okay?" she frowned dangerously.

"Yeah.." he grunted, shaking his head before smiling, appearing completely fine, "Jus a little migraine. I'll be fine."

"If you say so."

---

Xavier rubbed his forehead tiredly. How could things possibly get any worse then they were now? "How is she, Hank?"

Hank hmmed, picking up Jean's arm by her wrist. "She seems to be fine, a little more drained then Rogue usually does, but nothing determinable beyond the normal affects." he eyed the slumbering girl slightly. She seemed to be peacefully asleep. It wasn't far fetched to expect her to sleep for quite awhile after Rogue got her hands on her, people generally always remained unconscious for six, to sixteen hours after suffering her touch. "How is Rogue?"

"Logan hasn't been able to talk to her." Xavier admitted, "She refuses to let anyone in her room, not even Kitty."

"Has she told anyone about.. well.. you know." Hank hedged around the issue. If word got out to all the kids, he didn't even want to think about the possible side effects from such an action.

"No. She seems to be keeping the information to herself, at least, for now." Xavier sighed, "With Jean's power at her beck and call, she could just let the information slip into the heads of the other students. I've been monitoring the girl since Logan discovered her here, as of yet I've detected no emissions coming from her."

"Maybe.." Hank grimaced, "Maybe it's time you talk with the boy. Ever since he's come here, there's been dissent among the girls.." and he was very very glad the boys hadn't found out about everything, yet.

"Perhaps.." Xavier groused, rubbing his forehead tiring. The boy was becoming a problem, or more to the point, everything he did inadvertently affected the greater whole. It was bizarre, and it gave him such a headache.

---

The Next Day

Scott knocked on the door again. No answer. "Jean? Come on, it's already late!"

Storm sighed, waving the boy off, "Let her be for now, Scott. Xavier's already told me he wasn't expecting Jean to go to school today."

"Why? What happened?" the boy scowled. He hadn't heard of anything bad happening to the girl, why would she be staying home?

"Flu." she shrugged, "She had the symptoms the last few days. The headaches, fever." she lied, evenly. What did he want? To tell him the truth? She didn't think there would be anything left of the school if he went and started blasting at a certain martial artist. She had been tempted to do such herself, especially with last nights discovery, it was only Xavier's order not to do anything that held her in place.

"I guess.." he grumbled.

---

"Ranma? You in there?" Tabitha scowled, banging on the door. It was weird, waking up and not already seeing the guy up and about. Why, in all the time she had lived here, he never slept in, at least, never longer then she herself did.

The door cracked open slowly. Curious, Tabitha leaned forward, trying to get a look see in the room. It was too dark. Raising her hand, she summoned a spec of her energy, which created a small light similar in luminance to a torch. The room itself was bare, sans the queen sized bed, vanity mirror, and one rather large drawer pressed up against the side. She had to stop herself from laughing at the sight of Ranma, lying on top of the bed in only his boxers, sucking on his thumb.

She crawled up to the bed, admiring the boy for the briefest of moments. Well, she couldn't really blame Jean for being attracted to the guy. Who couldn't see the guys muscled body, and semi-cute appearance, an appearance which was only accentuated by his foreign looks. His personality often times left much to be desired, at least in her opinion, but some one like Jean could do far, far worse then him.

Leaning over, she softly shook his shoulder, "Ranma." she mumbled softly. No effect. Not to be deterred, she shook him a little harder, "Ranma!" once again, to no effect. Growling, a little annoyed, she yanked his shoulder real hard, "RANMA!" completely unprepared for the boy to practically roll over and off the bed. So surprised, she quickly found herself flung to the floor, her legs buried under the jock.

"Ano.. Whazzit?" he blinked, blearily rubbing sleep from his eyes. Man, he was tired. Looking up, he gazed blankly at the girl, "Uh.. Tabs.." he looked down, frowning. What was with girls and short skirts? Honestly, "Blue ain't yer color."

Tabitha blushed bright red, before scowling angrily, "You little prick! Get off me!"

Ranma yawned, stumbling to his feet and waving the girl off, "Whatever." he eyed the clock, "Damn... gonna be late." he sighed, slowly moving towards the master bathroom.

---

Ranma didn't know how, or why, but something just felt.. off. It had started last night, he realized, but at the time it hadn't been anything serious. Just a little headache, maybe something appearing a little.. well.. weird to him. It was kinda hard to describe looking at a door, knowing you've seen it at least a hundred times, but it some how managing to appear new to him. Like this was the first time he had ever truly saw something. It was weird.

He stared at his hand, admiring the fingers he knew he had all his life, yet some how appearing new.. different.. changed in some way he couldn't figure out. "Hey.. anythin seem out of place to you guys?"

Emma blinked. Looking around, curiously. "Not to me." she eyed the boy, weirdly. Why was he staring at his hand like that? "Something wrong?"

"S'nothin." He grumped, waving her off as he took a bite of his breakfast. "Was meanin the cafeteria food ain't all that bad this mornin."

Fred blinked, "That's weird." he eyed the food. It still looked like the same old dried up piece of egg and bits of bacon he had seen served here. Hmm..

"Pfeh." Peitro grimaced, watching as the guy chowed down. "You must be sick." he pushed away his own breakfast plate. "This stuff is horrible, worse then anythin Tab's ever made."

"HEY!" Tabitha scowled, slapping the speed demon in the back of the head, "I'll have you know I'm a very good at what I do!"

Toad chuckled, "Yeah, puttin guys six feet under with that toxic sludge."

Nabiki chuckled. Where oh where had she seen that particular trait? Tabitha's cooking wasn't the best, not by any means of the word, but it wasn't that bad either. Just like Akane's cooking. She wasn't great, but she had been learning.. "Come on, Todd. That anyway to talk to your date? Hmm?"

Toad blanched, "Hey now.."

Tabitha faked a tear, "To..toto..Todd.. I didn't know you.. you hated me so much."

Fred chortled, reaching over and grabbing the girl by the waist, "Good for us, no? Don't need to share ya now!" he puckered his lips up, moving in for a smooch.

Tabitha sweated. Asking Fred and Toad out hadn't been out of any silly notions that she liked them that way, oh no, she just didn't like anyone else enough to ask them. "Uh.. Toad? If you ever.. ever want to dance with me.." she gulped, "Save me.." she meeped at the end.

Fred chuckled, setting the girl back down and winking at Toad.

Toad grinned. Good ole Freddy. You could always count on him to watch a guys back.

"Hmm." Emma grinned, "Speaking of the Dance.. You wouldn't happen to be interested, Ranma?"

"Eh?" Ranma blinked.

Lance snorted, "I can't believe you haven't told her yet."

"What?" she frowned, "Told me what?"

Wanda smirked, "He's already got a date for the dance..." While she didn't hate Emma, in fact she rather liked the girl on most occasions, her seemingly obsession with all things Pig Tail related aside, it was just too good an opportunity to rub it in the girls face. She seemed to rely heavily on her sex appeal to get things done, only this time it obviously didn't work.

"Who?" Emma blinked, scowling. Oh she bet it was that red head, what was her name again? Oh yeah. Jean!

Ranma dropped his fork then, eyes widening ever so slightly as he stood up, noticing someone as they entered the cafeteria "Rogue."

---

Just a little earlier.

"Rogue.. is something wrong?" Risty asked, glancing curiously at the girl as they slowly made their way to the cafeteria. Ever since the two had met up enroute to school, the girl had remained as silent as she possibly could. There was an air of.. coldness.. about her. Almost as if she was seriously, seriously pissed off about something, but at the same time a deep well of loathing and despair had gripped her. Risty made no claims to being a mind reader, but with the way the girl was practically dragging herself closer to school, and the errant twitch in her eye, it just shouted her feelings to the world over.

"No." she snapped softly, almost in a cry. Now she knew something was definitely bothering the girl, but what? What could have her friend so pissed off, yet at the same time depressed? Wait.. Risty frowned. "Is this about Ranma?"

Rogue scowled, eyes snapping to the girl as she accused, "You knew?"

Risty blinked, "Knew what?" Okay, so there was something about Ranma. "What's going on?"

Rogue stared at the girl blankly, before snorting and moving on. She shouldn't have suspected Risty being in on this. All the girl had done from day one was try and be her friend, and that was something she appreciated very much. "It's nothin.. jus, I don't think I'm takin Ranma to tha dance, s'all."

Risty blinked, then scowled, "He backed out?"

"No." Rogue sighed, "Jus.. don't think.. ah damn." she grimaced, "I jus think he'd rather go with some one else."

Risty frowned, and when I mean frowned, I mean FROWNED! What the hell was going on? Why was Rogue so angry, what did Ranma have to do with it. She looked forward. Well, they were about to school. She'd make damn sure to ask him what the hell was going on.

---

"You ever get the feeling something's happening right under our noses, but we can't see it?" Scott frowned, staring at his fellow X-men at the table.

Evan slurped his milk. Ah yes, he couldn't ever get enough of this stuff. "Hell yeah.."

"I just hope it's nothing serious." Kurt grunted, agreeing with their leader. Things had been getting weird. First Ranma, then Jean suddenly falling sick, again, and then Rogue acting really really pissy this morning. Hell, she wouldn't even bother talking to him at breakfast!

Scott glanced over his shoulder, feeling a little better now that Rogue and Risty had shown up. He didn't know why, but he had the faintest of feelings the only way he'd ever find out what was going on, was through Rogue.

Kitty hmmed, "Well, I don't, like, know what's going on either. But Lance hasn't said anything, like, bad. I don't think they have anything planned."

"You can't really trust him, Kit." Evan grimaced, bravely fighting off his nervous shudder when Kitty launched her thermo-nuclear glare. He knew she liked the guy, heck if you asked him he'd swear they were dating, maybe, and he'd never admit this to anyone for fear of death, but just maybe they were a bit closer then a simple boyfriend girlfriend thing. "Everything about those guys has changed, we can't even imagine what to expect."

Scott blinked. While he had listened to the conversation, mostly, his attention had mainly been focused on Ranma. The moment Rogue walked into his view, he had stepped up from the table and moved right towards her. He knew he had a date with her, which he guessed could explain for it, but that feeling Logan always told him to trust, that gut instinct, it just screamed there was something wrong with it.

---

Risty eyed the boy as he headed towards them. This was the guy that some how upset her friend, and she really didn't know how to react to that. Well, best to just keep quite and see where it went, at least then she'd have a vague idea of what happened, especially if they talked abit before she interfered.

Rogue frowned. Like Risty, the moment they had entered the cafeteria her eyes had latched onto him. It was more then his sudden gesture that drew her attention, but rather the knowledge she held. Jean's memories were very clear on the matter. Both her and Ranma had 'split' apart just to give her a chance, just to give her some false hope that she might actually end up happy in her life. No matter how she looked at those memories, she couldn't see her lying in anyway. "Eh.. Risty.. can I talk ta him alone? Need ta let em know tha dates off." she asked slowly, with a bit of ice in her voice.

Risty blinked, but nodded slowly and stepping away.

"Okay girl." Rogue grimaced inwardly. She had debated this for much of the night, and decided she'd rather be alone then cling to some false hope. There was only one hesitating thought that had bothered her, it was about a lesson she had learn quite some time ago, after she had absorbed Cody's mind. People view things differently, this was always reflected in their memories. She couldn't very well drain the guy, him being immune to her powers, but she had another ace up her sleeves. Jean's powers were already fading, and fading fast. The girl would be waking up soon, and once she did that would mark the end of her power theft in full. Still, they hadn't faded fully yet, and that was the ace in her sleeve. All she had to do was open her senses, carefully open them and sense the feelings in the guy. If even a shred of pity, or sadness was there, then Jean's memories would be confirmed. It was a bitter hope, relying on the powers of a girl she had stolen them from, a girl who could have very well sealed her fate into a spiral of lonely descent.

Well.. better do it now, before she lost her nerve, or the powers faded. Opening her senses, she immediately noticed how.. dull they had become. A sign they were fading. Where at first she could sense the general emotional state of the entire household, her range had been greatly reduced in size, no more then twenty feet all around. Still, that was enough for what she had planned. Focusing on the guy as he neared her, she nearly lost her footing and fell at the sensations she received. Instead of Pity, there was concern. Instead of loathing, their was relief and.. and a very, very deep sense of caring. Instead of disgust there was.. she didn't even know how to describe the feeling. It was as if being enveloped in a warm security blanket, protected on all sides while enjoying a warm, toasty center.

Ranma surprised her, immediately stepping up to her, hands cupping her cheek, and the back of her head, he pulled her close, eyes latching on and never leaving her own. She wanted to say something, she even wanted to cry out in astonishment when she realized Jean's thoughts about him only dating her for hope were dashed, but she was so surprised, stunned into inaction. She had been prepared for it, for the final stroke that would have sealed her fate, she had not been prepared for a seemingly complete reversal in his feelings. Jean was wrong!

He grinned, happily even, "Yer okay.." he whispered. It was a tight, joyously happy thing. Was he really that concerned about her ankle? Had he really worried that much about her? She was left with no more thoughts as he tilted her back ever so slightly, and kissed her.

Risty blinked, mouth opened like a little o.

Scott blinked, mouth open in shocked wonder.

Rogue blinked, mouth currently preoccupied by the warmest, most passionate kiss she had ever imagined receiving. It was almost a hungry kiss, fierce in it's delivery, yet soft at the same time. As if there was a deeper meaning to the action then she had first realized. Sensing his emotions one last time before Jean's powers faded from her fully, she knew at the very least one thing. He cared for her, far more then she ever expected him to at this point. With that knowledge, she slowly, ever so slowly, let the bitterness she had felt growing inside of her since she discovered his run in with Jean slowly, ever so slowly fade away. She knew one thing as he pulled back from her lips, only to bring her in a tight, warm hug.

He was no false hope.

She couldn't help but grin at that, either. Grabbing him by the pigtail when he moved to back away, she brought their lips together again, this time in a mutually shared passionate kiss, one that practically proclaimed for anyone looking that he belonged to her. She especially liked how he suckled on her lower lip just before breaking away again. It was all too real, all too true. She cried, small crystalline tears falling from her eyes as they held each other close.

There was still the knowledge he had slept with Jean within her, and that was something she, and he, would have to deal with. For now though, for now she just wanted to enjoy him. Enjoy his presence. Enjoy her hope.

---

Jean slowly opened her eyes, wincing ever so slightly at the light shining brightly in her room, stinging her retina's. Damn, she thought she closed those blasted blinds! Struggling up, she held her head in place, feeling a light wave of nausea overtake her with that simple action. Geesh, she still felt like complete crap from Ranma's work out!

"Well, wouldja look at that. Sleepin beauty wakes." Logan snorted.

Jean startled, jumping back in her bed a little when she realized she certainly wasn't alone in the room. Spying the older, rougher looking man leaning up near the door, her sensitive eyes quickly crossed the distance from him to her next, unexpected guest. Storm was leaning up against the door itself, she had the sudden sensation the woman was acting like a guard, or perhaps a gate of some kind, to prevent entrance or, and she feared this, escape. From Storm her eyes traveled to Xavier, who was actually on the other side of the room, staring calmly out her window.

Conclusion. She was in deep, deep shit.

"What.. what did I do now?" she whimpered.

"Child!" Storm hissed, "You slept with that.." only to quiet down when Logan covered her mouth, whispering, "Shhh, she already knows about that, no need ta shove it in her face again."

"She's correct, Logan." Xavier said softly, turning towards the girl sitting on the bed. "You slept with Ranma, and through a rather strange quirk of fate, Rogue absorbed Logan's power and memories, discovering this truth for herself."

Jean blinked, paling quite noticeably at that, "She.. she knows?!?"

"She knows." Xavier nodded, "She's seen the truth through Logan's eyes, and through your very own."

"What?"

"Rogue touched you last night Jean." Xavier grimaced, rubbing his forehead, "She touched you while you slept, and drained your memories. She knows the truth, the complete, unblemished truth, and.. well, you can guess her reaction."

Jean winced. Oh dear god could she ever. She sighed, "I'll.. go talk to her. Beg forgiveness.."

Logan grimaced, "That's gonna have to wait. See, she went too school today." he sighed, "Betcha she's confronting the kid about what happened right about now."

"Child.. what ever where you thinking? Didn't you realize this would happen?" Storm peeled Logan's hand off. She had been tempted to bite the man, but restrained herself. She was angry, and that was dangerous on her part. If she lost control of her emotions, it was a very likely possibility her powers could go out of control.

"I.." Jean began, only to be silence by Xavier when he waved her off.

"Ororo, Jean's reasons are her own, and ultimately she will have to face the consequences of those actions." He understood her reasoning, and they were rather personal. He saw no need to have her repeat herself. "In fact, I believe she'll spend the rest of the day thinking about just how to face Rogue when she comes back today. Right, Jean?"

"Ah.. yes.. yes I will."

"Good." Xavier sighed, rolling towards the door, "In the mean time.." he smirked, "Take a bath.. you stink."

---

Rogue sighed, a happy little sigh as she closed her locker. She realized, even if only barely, she was high off the euphoria of discovering that all her worries, all the hate and loathing she had managed to summon up for both Jean and Ranma, had been washed away, at least from Ranma's side. She still needed to ask him why, but she didn't doubt the guy's excuse would be anything to make her think he was in love with Jean. HAH! Eat that Marvel Girl!

Risty chuckled, "You sure are happy."

"Yeah.." she grinned, heading off towards her next class, Risty in tow.

"So.." Risty hmmed, bumping her friend encouragingly, "You're not going to leave this girl out of the loop are you? Don't tell me you're like this just from a kiss.." she smirked, "Or two.. or three."

Rogue blushed, "Ahh. It wasn't that many!"

"Who could tell?" Risty rolled her eyes, "Ten minutes of lip lock left me feeling pretty out of the loop. I thought I'd never get my friend back, if it wasn't for the bell." she grabbed the girls arm, leaning in a bit close as she whispered, "So.. why?"

"Heh.." she smirked, "Ya ever think ya know a person, enough to think you knew that no matter how hard you tried, you'd never be able ta get close to em, only ta be proven completely wrong in tha end?"

"Hmmm." Risty hmmed, unable to stop herself from smirking. "I see.. good for you, girlfriend."

---

Ranma rubbed his chin, thoughtfully. "Ah, gee Emma. It ain't like I don't like ya or nothin, Rogue.. eh.. she's just.. well.. Rogue!" he lamely explained himself.

Emma snorted, "And the day before yesterday it was that Jean girl!"

Nabiki rolled her eyes at that. "Hey.. getting jealous isn't going to solve anything."

"I am not jealous!" Emma seethed. "I just don't get it! I'm practically throwing myself at him, and he doesn't even bat an eye at me! I'd say he was impotent, or made of rock, but what he did with Jean proves that wrong!"

"I'm right here y'know.." Ranma grumbled.

Nabiki smirked. Poor girl didn't even realize the jock had experience in ignoring such things. She felt tempted to tell her, for a modest fee of course, that throwing herself at him was bound to have the completely opposite effect she desired. Tempted.. but it was sooo much fun to see her squirm. "Then what's the big deal? He just doesn't find you attractive, at least, not as attractive as Rogue." Hah! She could just see the girl comparing her own flawless crystalline beauty to the goth girl. Oh this was fun.

"No!" She scowled, grabbing Ranma by the arm, "Tell me it's not true! Tell me I'm prettier then she is! TELL ME!"

As he caught sight of Rogue entering the room, with Risty in tow, he snorted, pushing the girl off as he stood up, "She's tha most beautiful girl I've eva seen. You can't even compare." he said that a bit too loud, most of the class, including Rogue and Risty, hearing it.

Nabiki would have face palmed, if she hadn't see that little show in the cafeteria. She realized she should be concerned, but.. with their little talk about Akane earlier, she realized she didn't have to fear him finding a girl to replace her sister. She smirked devilishly, "Go get her, tiger." whispering as he walked towards the girl's seats.

---

Ranma idly bounced his knee, poking at his food as he stared impatiently at the girl. He had rather enjoyed sitting with her in Speech, and he had been really, really tempted to sit with her at lunch when she asked, a temptation that rose to staggering heights when she promised to sit away from the X-men if he sat away from his friends. He had agreed.. for tomorrow, so they could at least plan what they were going to do/dress up like for the Shadow Dance.

Peitro flexed his arms, slim, cut muscles bulging with the action. Oh yeah, he was seriously getting pumped up after all the training with Ranma. There was something about that he had never been able to figure out. As it was, his figure was quickly ready to overshadow the guy's own figure, which didn't make sense to him. He knew for a fact the guy was stronger then he was, maybe even stronger then Freddy was, but his frame sure as hell didn't show it. Hmm.. he'd need to think on that some.

Wanda scowled, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Can't tell?" Peitro snorted, "Giving the ladies a first rate view. No ones asked me out yet, just given em some incentive."

Nabiki rolled her eyes, "Hey Maximoff, want to go to the dance with me?"

Peitro blinked, "Whoa.. Nabs, you serious?"

Nabiki smirked, leaning over and blowing in Wanda's ear, "I wasn't asking you, pretty boy."

Wanda blanched, pulling back from Nabiki and staring at her weirdly, "What?! You can't be serious!"

"Oh your so cute when you play hard to get." she pounced the girl, playfully, hugging her around her waist.

"Hey! Let go!" she froze up a little, trying to peel the clinging girl away with little luck. "I told you I'm not into girls!"

"Ahhh.." Nabiki sighed, smirking coyly, "Would you go with me if I was a boy?"

Wanda blinked. She was a bit off kilter, stunned she was even making such a scene. She nodded dumbly, much to her regret a second later when Nabiki pumped her arm in triumph, "WOOT! I gots me a date!"

Ranma blinked, eyeing the girl weirdly. He gazed between the two, before chuckling. "Yer in for it now, Wands."

Hearing Ranma saying that, remembering his curse, Wanda couldn't help but shudder.

Emma didn't understand Nabiki's promise of being a man for the dance, and at the moment she was too pissy to care. She needed to find a date, damn it.

---

Kitty grinned, hugging Lance as they leaned up against some lockers. School was over, something she was very very glad for. It afforded her the time to spend with her date. "So.. not getting cold feet?"

Lance grinned, hugging the girl in tandem, "Nope."

"Good." she leaned up, kissing him on the chin. "I'll pick you up at seven."

"Heh." he blushed, a rather uncharacteristic thing considering his rough and tough demeanor. "Y'know, you don't need to do that. It's ladies pick, not ladies pick up."

"Quiet you." she hissed, playfully, "I want too."

"Heh." Spending time after school at school had always been one of those things he never thought he'd do. Yet, with Kitty here, he didn't think he'd ever want to leave school again.

---

"So I take it you and Ranma are an official item, hmm, Rogue?" Scott grinned as their small little group walked home. Ranma had called off training until Saturday, maybe Sunday, in light of Rogue's injury yesterday and the possibility another such injury could occur, which would of made taking anyone to the dance a hard, hard, thing to do. He was rather curious of the answer, on more then one front. Knowing that Jean had a crush, which he suspected from the kiss she gave him, he would feel very much at ease if they were dating. It would leave the path to Jean clear.

"Ah.. I suppose." Rogue shrugged, trying to appear less then caring, and failing miserably if her smile was any indication.

Kurt couldn't help but smile at that. He had been rather freaked out when they left this morning, what with Rogue's pissy attitude, but that cleared right away after her little kiss-a-thon with Ranma this morning. It was a nice change of pace, seeing her so happy. He could get use to this, yes, yes he could. "Ahhhh. Good for you, sis."

Evan chuckled, "Yeah. Real good."

---

Jean took in a deep breath, exhaling slowly. Sitting on the steps right in front of the door, she asked herself why she was doing this again. Rogue knew the truth, she knew everything about it. She was a tad nervous about how she dealt with Ranma on the matter, but even that was only a tiny bit of the huge uncertainty she felt building to erupt within her. Ranma should have been confronted by now, which only really left her to deal with the girls wrath. What would she say? Would she hate her? Scorn her? She didn't think she could blame the girl at all for those things. This was seriously going to be ugly, she knew it.

Still.. there was one aspect to this she was a little happy for. Rogue would probably condemn her and Ranma for everything, which meant Ranma would be free again. They would need to keep their relationship on the down low, for awhile at least. If Rogue found out they were dating so soon after this whole mess, that would be like twisting the knife after they stabbed it into her chest. She didn't want that, not at all.

She startled slightly as the door opened up, Scott coming in with a rather happy little smirk on his face. He was quickly followed by Kurt, and Evan, who walked in backwards, their hands pointing outward while they laughed lightly, "hahah! Look at that! She's as red as a tomato!"

Jean stood up, brushing off her pants, before taking a few steps forward.

Scott grinned. "Hey Jean! Good to see your feeling better!"

"Ah.. thank you, Scott.. Have you seen.." she stopped, shivering as Rogue walked in. She caught the girl smiling for a second, until her eyes snapped right to her own, the blush on her cheeks disappearing as he smile faded into a furious scowl.

"Jean.." Rogue snapped, her tone so filled with anger Kurt vanished, taking Evan with him. Oh hell no, he wasn't going to get killed over this! Scott could defend himself, he supposed, but in a fight between Rogue and Jean, they'd be nothing more in cannon fodder at best, juicy drain targets at worst.

Scott blinked, feeling the urge to run like hell well within him. "Uh.. I think.. yeah." he clapped his hands together, "Yeah, I promised Logan I'd.. uh.. go clean his Bike.. with a toothbrush, yeah.. you girls have fun." and he ran as if the forces of hell were trailing his ass.

The two girls stared at each other for a long, long moment, and then...

---

To be continued (Oh my god I'm an asshole).

This was pretty fun, I guess. I kinda got stuck at the beginning, but that was more from people bothering me then any block. I guess the knowledge I'd be out of cigarettes before this was finished annoyed me (and it's true). Life sucks. Ah.. well.. two weeks from Friday is my first payday, so lets hope I survive till then.

Now, it's pretty obvious to see what happened with Ranma there. Just think about the context of that scene, and the context of Rogue and Ranma meeting in the cafeteria. There will be some serious side effects to this, as in the next chapter will end up as a three parter, most of which dealing with Kurt and his jump to Shadow world, and the demons that escape from there, as well as the dance. heh. Oh, and the Jean and Rogue confrontation.

I've decided to keep the polls hidden until the very end of the next chapter (read, super duper laziness). Tomorrow is my last day at work for this week, I think since a rumor's been going around there going to keep me and like three other guys around an extra day. I should have most of the weekend clear to write (sans some of Friday, but that's mostly the girlfriends fault). Now, I just need to find a way to get cigarette money, and I'll be set. Gonna go pawn some stuff me thinks, bah, who knows?

Lemme think, anything I'm missing.. hmm..

Oh yeah. Rogue only held onto Jean for a few seconds, even if it reads as longer. It was like five to ten seconds longer then she normally holds on to people when draining their powers or abilities, which accounts for the rather extended period of time she was able to hold onto Jean's powers. And yes, Logan is much like Ranma in the respect both can go into bezerker/animal like states. It's that aspect of his personality that really spurred Rogue forward into absorbing Jean's memories. Actually she had been meaning to kill her, such is the way of Logan's rages, but Logan's memories compiled with Jean's created a kind of balance with her anger, forcing her into a more normal state of mind. Hence why Jean still walks among the living, instead of treading through Rogue's mind for the rest of the girls life (until Xavier figures a way to separate her mind and give the woman a new body). Kinda like what happened to the original Rogue when she absorbed the strength and flight abilities of that one mutant. Well, no worries, since it didn't happen, and I doubt it will.

Last thing. The fact Ranma slept with Jean. Rogue will eventually confront Ranma on the matter himself, but she's probably going to save that for some time after the Shadow Dance. Which is about the same time Xavier is going to 'stumble' upon the fact Ranma was the one who took those pictures, and about the same time everyone else is going to find out about Jean and Ranma's tryst. Or, at least, that's what I'm planning now. After all that crap, that's when the plot will take a serious turn from this social stuff, as the Day of Reckoning comes to the fore, only with a new twist, courtesy of Agency Nero in their attempt to cleanse the stain from their honor.

Heh.

Matdeception