Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Antidote ❯ The Afternoon before the big day. ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The Ultimate Antidote
Written By: Matdeception

Ranma 1/2 Notes: Takes place after the Manga

X-Men: Evolution Notes: Time line all screwed up. Taking place during the second season, 'The heX factor' episode happened before Angel Wings, and Rogue only barely met Risty. Live with it.

Disclaimer: I do not write using the aforementioned series in an attempt to steal, discredit, or defame said series or their characters. I write to pay homage to the original creators, as well as improve upon my own dim writing ability. Not now, nor ever will this fan fiction be used to gain monetary value at the expense of said creators intellectual properties.

--------

Chapter 19A: The afternoon before the big day.

--------

The two girls stared at each other for a long, long moment, and then...

Rogue glared at the girl coolly, stepping around her, slowly in-route for the stairs. She really didn't want to deal with her, not now. The fear of losing it again was there, beneath the surface of her already agitated emotions. Logan's rage had long sense vanished from her mind, but even still the feelings she felt when she attacked her in her sleep were within her, it's presence really hammering home the fact she had been willing to hurt her in a far more permanent manner. She felt like slapping the girl, cursing her existence. No, it would be better if she just ignored her.

Jean turned around as the girl moved on, frowning. "Rogue? Aren't you even going to say anything?" It was one thing to know the girl was angry at her, but it became something else entirely when you knew she was angry, but she ignored you.

"What do ya want me ta say?" Rogue snapped back, glaring at the girl.

"Something! Anything!" Jean sighed, throwing her hands up in the air tiredly, "You know what happened, you saw it. Condemn me, hate me, at least do something to me, let me know how much I screwed up, how much of a terrible person I am. At least say it!"

"Say it?" Rogue eyed the girl balefully while hissing, "Say that you slept with Ranma, tried ta steal him before I even got a chance? Say ya betrayed me fer yer own selfish reasons?" she scowled, "Say ya fucked him jus to blow off that stupid little mask ya wear?"

"Yes." Jean winced, eyes closed, hands clenched tightly as she bore her words.

"Any. one." Rogue scowled, "Anyone, ya could be with anyone, butcha had to pick him? Tha only guy I could eva touch, ya had to pick him." she snorted then. She couldn't think of any real reason for the girl to do it, except to spite her.

"It didn't happen like that." she lamely defended.

"Bull shit." Rogue snapped, "You let him take you to his place, you kissed him, you forced it."

"That's not true." she shook her head fiercely in denial, "I was sick. I wasn't thinking straight."

Rogue blinked. "Who you kidding?" she tapped her head, "I saw it myself. You kissed him, you spread yer legs. He didn't force ya none." she waved the girl off when she looked ready to say something in response, "Jus lucky Ranma doesn't think of ya as more then anythin then a cheap bang." she didn't know that for sure, but it just had to be. He cared so much for her, there couldn't have been anything but sex involved when it came to Jean.

Jean blinked, a sense of disbelief settling over her at Rogue's words. "He.. he said that?"

"Course." Rogue lied, rolling her eyes as she stomped up the stairs. "He doesn't even like ya." she grinned then, as something came to mind, "In fact.. he's my boyfriend, official now." her grinned transformed into a scowl, "So keep yer meaty hooks off him!"

---

He had much to think about. The situation with Rogue, Jean, and the boy were quickly spiraling out of control. With Jean's indulgence becoming known to the younger girl, it would add stress to an already stressed out relationship. He didn't fool himself into thinking the two girls were friends, at least, not good friends. More casual acquaintances that rarely ever saw eye to eye. One girl demanding order of a sort, while the other actively rebelling against it. All that, and in the middle of the two stood a boy who continued to confound him over and over again since he first laid eyes on him. How would this end? Would Rogue desert them? The possibility of Jean deserting them was small, almost negligible, but if there was one thing he learned from, it was from his own mistakes. The possibility of Jean having sex like she had was negligible too, and everyone knew how that turned out. It was a dangerous game, with dangerous consequences and perhaps one of the greatest prizes. If either of the girls could convince Ranma, and by extension Nabiki and the Brotherhood, to join with his ideals.. well, then humanity would be that much safer. Yes, he was sure of that.

Forge grinned as he tweaked a interesting looking face mask, similar to what Astronauts wore, only less bulky. "You see, I totally forgot about this idea when you asked me to create Tangent. It's a diagnostic machine that interacts with spatial eddies, slowing the time within the eddies themselves by a set amount, allowing the diagnostics to examine, record, and document just what exists within them."

"Right.. " Xavier hmmed thoughtfully. He didn't have a clue what the young man had said. "So.. you plan to use this for.. um.."

"Kurt." Forge put one of the helmets back down, his mechanical arm morphing back to normal, "When he dimension jumps, I want to get some readings on just where he goes during transport. See if I can confirm whether dimensional pockets have any similarity. In this case, my own Middleverse, and Kurt's Shadowverse."

"Shadowverse?"

He waved the older man off, "Dig it. It's just a name I thought up. With that nifty Shadow Dance going down at the high school, I got inspired."

"I see." Xavier commented, eyeing the equipment curiously, "When do you plan on performing this experiment?"

"Tomorrow morning I suppose." Forge hmmed, then shrugged, "Depends on Kurt, really."

"I don't think he'll mind."

---

Kitty cautiously knocked on the door. She supposed it ironic, having to knock on your own door, but with the way Rogue was acting last night she really didn't want to disturb her if she was still pissy. She really didn't think the girl was, not after everything she saw her do with a certain boy at school, but it was better to be safe then sorry.

"Doors open."

Kitty let a sigh out in relief. Didn't sound angry, which was a good thing in her book. The more happy Rogue was, the less likely she'd need to bunk up with Rahne again tonight. She didn't mind the girl, except for her weird tendency to switch forms until she found a rather comfortable sleeping position. Oh, and finding dog hair mixed in with your own hair was not a great thing, if you asked her anyway. Easing the door open, she peeked her head in, "Rogue? Like, safe to come in?"

"Yeah." she heard, not seeing Rogue at first.

Stepping into the room, Kitty had to immediately dodge a pair of black denim pants as they flew from the closet. Looking closer, she could clearly see the young Mississippi girl tearing through cloths, separating her normal motif from the slightly more provocative stuff she use to wear during their days as a Bayville Siren. "Hey girl.. what're doing?"

"Eh.." Rogue shrugged, picking up a leather tank top. She snorted, tossing it away. It was something she had worn on their last mission as the Sirens, where they busted up a car theft ring. They had all promised that cop they wouldn't go out as vigilantes anymore in order to avoid getting arrested. Since in that way it was linked to Jean, she was tempted to burn it. "Jus thinkin what ta wear, y'know, for the dance."

Kitty grinned at that, reaching down and picking up that same leather top Rogue had just tossed. "Like, I don't think you have any, like, school dance type outfits."

"Ya don't say?" Rogue grumbled, throwing up her hands tiredly as she practically crawled out of the closet, looking defeated. "Hell with it. Go dressed up like normal, he'd like me for me anyway, I bet."

Kitty smirked, "I bet. After, like, seeing you two at school today, I'd imagine if you said jump for a kiss, he'd say how high!"

Rogue blushed lightly, glaring at the girl, "Hey.. don't go teasin me like the guys do."

"Awww, can you blame them, really?" Kitty lowered down to her knees, going through the girls cloths. They were comprised mainly of black leather, a rather obvious motif for the girl, though she did possess numerous cut up jeans, and the occasional purple or black looking scarf's. She certainly enjoyed the more dark and mysterious colors present out their in the world. "It was like, the cutest thing I've ever seen."

Rogue snorted, sitting on her bed as she continued to dig through her stacks of clothes. What would Ranma like her to wear? Something nice maybe? What though.. Argh! Not for the first time she wished she knew more about him. What did he like? What did he hate? Damn it all. "So.. you and Lance gettin close?"

Kitty shrugged, climbing up on her bed. She grabbed her stuffed dragon, Lockheed, and hugged it to her chest, "We're fine. Like, much better then we were after the New Mutants took the jet for a joyride and blamed it on him."

Rogue hmmed, separating a brown leather jacket from her mess of clothes, "What's he like, y'know, as a boyfriend?"

She blinked. "Uh.." she hadn't really been expecting that question, from Rogue of all people. "He's.. Lance. Nice, confident, shy.. why?"

"Jus curious." she defended quickly, throwing a black leather tank top that had some how ended up on her bed back to the floor.

---

"Doesn't even like ya.."

"Just a cheap bang.."

"He's my boyfriend.."

Jean mulled over those words, and what they truly meant. He didn't even like her? That couldn't be right. She was sure he at the very least cared for her, he expressed as much by the way he held her during their tryst. Just a cheap bang? Rogue certainly believed her words, which only served to aggravate and annoy her. Giving of her purity like she had, she had always dreamed such a thing would be a beautiful act, one that she and he would remember all their lives. Cheap Bang, a crass description of the act. One that just screamed non-importance. It left her feeling.. dirty. Did he really feel that way? Was, as Scott put it, her most precious gift, wasted on some one who didn't give a damn?

Ororo stirred her coffee, watching the young red head as she sat in the kitchen, quite and seemingly unresponsive to the world around her. She didn't even want to consider what the girl was going through, what she had discovered when she confronted Rogue about the truth. To be sure, she was disappointed in her actions, but as people always said, what was done, was done.

The way Rogue had said everything, the way she had acted, she could tell the girl believed her words. Had Ranma used her? No, that couldn't be right, could it? She.. wait. What if he really understood everything? What if he truly comprehended what she had been getting at when she dumped him. What if he realized everything, and was only doing as she had asked? It would make sense, at least to her. She wanted him to give Rogue a chance, but Rogue had found out about them, so he did the only thing he could. He consoled Rogue, painted her out to be a demon, and made nice with the girl. Yes! That had to be it!

"Yo." Scott grunted, opening up the fridge and retrieving a orange juice bottle.

"Scott." Ororo nodded in greeting, sipping her coffee as she peered at the boy. Most of, if not the entire faculty knew the boy had a crush, or at least feelings for Jean. When, and he would eventually, he found out about her tryst with Ranma, she couldn't even begin to imagine what he would do. Or the damage he would cause his own chances with the girl by doing it. She didn't doubt Jean still viewed her personal life with Ranma as her own business, and while she might think it sweet of Scott to go off the deep end for her, in the end she would still denounce him for butting into her life.

Jean blinked, coming out of her thoughts. She eye'ed the boy as he retrieved a glass from the cupboard. "Hey.. Scott."

"Hmm?" Scott finished pouring himself a glass, returning the carton to the fridge, "Yeah?"

"You want to go to the dance with me?"

Ororo frowned a little at that, but said nothing.

Scott blinked, immediately smiling, "Uh, yeah.. yes I would." he tried to keep his sudden excitement from reaching the surface, and he succeeded for the most part. There was a little impish grin on his face, which anyone observant enough would notice.

Jean on the other hand wasn't paying attention. She nodded, crossing her hands over one another and leaning on the counter, "Thanks."

---

Ranma blanched, "Sh-sh-shopping?"

Nabiki grinned, pulling the boy down the stairs. He tried to grab the railing, to stop the inevitable, but he knew it would be a vain effort in the end. "Yes! We need to buy new outfits for our dates!"

"I don't wanna!" the guy grumbled, strengthening his grip on the railing as he did so.

"Look." Nabiki snapped, reaching up and tickling the guy's ribs. As she expected, he let go, clutching his sides to fight off a wave of giggles that threatened to smother him from her actions. He was ill prepared when she immediately started dragging him again, and couldn't catch hold of the rails as they cleared the bottom of the stairs. "You got a date with the goth chick, you think she's the type to dress up in frilly dresses? At least make an attempt to look compatible out there! Yeesh!"

"Ah!" Ranma scowled, "The heck? Yer bitchen at me lookin compatible with the chick, when yer a chick dating a chick. How's that compatible!"

Nabiki blinked, "Uh.. Ranma. You do understand what I've got planned, don't you?"

Ranma blinked, then sighed in resignation, "Yeah.. yeah.." he lamely defended himself.

"Let's go then!" she preened, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him with her.

---

"Ah, yes." The sales lady nodded, "Fitted leather t-shirt with spandex sides and a front full length zipper." she placed one hand behind the boys back, zipping up his front till just below his pectorals, "I fine choice." the lady grinned, poking the boy in the chest, "It allows just a hint at the young man's muscled chest, exposing everything above the breastplate to his neck for anyone to see." she then pressed her hands up against his arms, "Short sleeved, tight around the muscles to give a more defining look all around."

Nabiki nodded, unable to stop staring. She knew the guy was cute where she came from, but his body was by far the best aspect of his. Like a chiseled statue, she couldn't see his muscles giving away to a single depression from the girls fingers. It was a turn on if she ever saw one, Rogue better appreciate this. "How much?"

Ranma blanched, "Ah hell no! You ain't gettin me ta go out in this thing!" he patted his chest, particularly the rather exposed mid riff, "I'd freeze ta death!"

Nabiki grinned, "Make sure Rogue thanks me for it."

Ranma blinked. Her statement implied something he didn't quite catch. Damn he needed to figure out all the differn't ways english could be used to express something else. He snorted, rolling his eyes, "Whatever."

"Ah.." the sales lady, who he had long since noticed was dressed in a rather provocative cat suit with an eerie mask pressed up over her nose, eyes, the edges ending in a rather curious point. He was tempted to believe it was for a more 'mysterious' persona, at least from the one she was trying to present with her rather helpful and cherry nature. The simple fact he was in a store surrounded by such things as 'whips' and 'chains' gave him a rather nasty nostalgic feeling of Kodachi. "Dressing up for the ladies? Hmm.." she eyed him thoroughly, similar to the way a lion watches their prey, waiting for the first sign of weakness to strike. He also felt like a piece of meat, but with Nabiki doing his shopping, he realized in annoyance that's exactly what he was. "I take it she's rather 'goth'?"

Nabiki rolled her eyes. "Why else would we be looking for cloths at 'The Goth Store'?"

"Heh." she grinned, sucking on her index finger a bit while continuing her examination, an act which only made Ranma nervous. "If you really want me to 'Goth' the boy out, I need to know how much you're willing to spend."

Nabiki grinned, while Ranma shivered, the acute sensation to run like hell welling up in his body. Oh this could only get worse. "All the way.."

The sales lady smirked, "One last question.."

"What?" Ranma whimpered. Nabiki was practically signing him over to the girls care. He didn't want to know what he was going to end up coming out like. Damn! The things he was forced to do!

"G-string?" she eyed the girl with a rather lewd smile.

Nabiki blinked, "Uh.. sure.." she suddenly wished she brought her camera. The end result was really going to be something else, she just knew it.

"Mama.." the boy whimpered, his plea for help going unanswered as the sales lady cackled madly.

---

"I can't believe ya bought me all this crap!" Ranma scowled. He hadn't been able to stop blushing since they left the store nearly an hour ago, and he just knew the girl was laughing it up on the inside.

"Oh don't be a kill joy." Nabiki grinned, pulling out a rather large white dress shirt. She hmmed, holding it over her chest. "Damn, wish I knew my measurements."

Ranma rolled his eyes, "Geesh. Yer really takin this thing too far with Wanda. One thing ta loosen the girl up, but changin genders ta do it?"

"Oh, come on. Can you imagine the look on her face when she see's me?" she smiled, coyly. Oh she couldn't wait to see the girls shocked look! It would be priceless!

"Heh.." he grunted, pulling down some long Khaki pants. Guessing the girl's measurements when, and if she manages to turn male wasn't easy, not easy at all. They only had the fact he shortened down a few inches when he transformed to go by, and were building off that. "Jus don't take it too seriously, y'know, Wanda might start ta like you back."

Nabiki grinned, eying the boy lazily, "Ranma Saotome." he tone dripping with incredulity, "Are you jealous she just might?"

He blanched, waving his arms defensively, "Nonononono! Geesh, what the heck are you sayin?" he snorted, "I ain't go no feelins or nothin for the girl. She's just a friend, ya know."

"Heh.." Nabiki grimaced, "I didn't mean jea.. oh forget it."

Ranma blinked, scratching his head as the girl walked off. What was that all about?

---

Emma sighed, throwing her dress to the floor. Another day, another wasted day with nothing to show for her efforts. She stared at herself in the vanity mirror, admired her pure alabaster skin, chiseled figure, bountiful breasts and serene face. Well girl, it seems you've wandered into some type of twilight zone. Aside from that one kiss, the guy didn't even seem interested in her, at least not physically. Which was weird, very, very weird. Most guys back in England were rather taken with her beauty, going so far as to do whatever they wanted in the vain hope they could get closer to her heart, or her bed, whichever they preferred. It didn't matter, in the end. She'd quickly, though quietly rebuff their attempts. She was the daughter of the respected Matilda Frost, and like a true mothers girl, she had the image of her mother and of her company to consider before such simple things.

Now though, her mother was gone, and she was the head of Frost Corp. Wanting nothing more then to take her mothers place, and to eventually surpass her, she had finally been given that chance with her pending acceptance into the inner circle. All she had to do was corner a boy, seduce whether through words, riches, or even her body to the Hellfire Club's side, and her rightful place would be assured. Open and close case, or so she thought. Since coming here, she discovered nothing was ever that easy. The boy, while kind and rather easy going at first, had performed a serious one eighty on her. She should have suspected something was wrong that first day when she caught this 'Rogue' girl glaring at her hatefully. She should have.. but with her recent 'blunder' in the boys mind, she wasn't very attentive.

That very next day, things began to spiral out of her control. The guy didn't seem very receptive to a relationship, at least not what she got out of his head before the big cluster fuck, but a sex only relationship seemed just fine with him. She had been intrigued by that, going over her memories of her time in England were she had studied to be a shrink, relationship's based on sex could, and often did, given proper incentive and reinforcement, lead to a more lasting and fulfilling relationship. She had only begun considering the pro's and con's of starting up such a thing with the boy, when she walked out and discovered the shock of her life.

Jean, a girl she knew only through reputation, had been the first to claim him. At least, the first that she knew of. It was odd, the girl didn't seem the type to do such things, but who was she to think ill of her for it? After all, she had been considering it herself. However, the very next day she discovered perhaps the biggest problem to her mission here. Rogue. A girl, who as far as she could tell, barely knew the guy. Yet somehow, some way, she had garnered his complete, untainted affections. Which in and of itself was most distressing. Wandering through his mind, linked with his subconscious while she was struggling to hold back the 'Neko-ken', she could clearly remember him not having such feelings for anyone, at least, not anyone left alive.

"Bodes ill.." she frowned, turning from the mirror to her drawer, where she began to dig through them in earnest.

The knowledge spoke for itself, only leading to one conclusion she could think of. Hellfire Club was interested in the boy, for obvious reasons. It would be vain to think they were the only ones, either. Others must have seen his hellish actions in Japan, and were probably likewise attempting to coerce him to their side. Since she was sure Rogue had no such hold of the boys emotions before yesterday, it just screamed some one, or something from within the 'X-men' have either drugged him in some way, or altered his thoughts. She was momentarily tempted to peek into the boys mind again, to see if she could find any tampering, but with Nabiki's warning of a painful gruesome death still fresh in her mind, she thought better of it.

Nabiki.. that girl. Was she her enemy? Was she her friend? With her stupid mistake in the boys mind, a mistake that had almost locked them both within a sea of turmoil and darkness, she had expected the girl to both hate and loath her. Yet.. after their talk, she seemed much more amiable. Dear me, she was even willing to say they were friends, casual at most, but still friends. Still.. was she an obstacle to her mission? She didn't think so, but she didn't think Jean or Rogue were obstacles either at first, and everyone knew what was going on with them now.

As much as she wished that were her only problems, she knew there were others. Wanda, and Tabitha. Both girls were rather attractive, in their own ways. Not a classical beauty like her, but seeing the boy's taste differ so much from what she considered the status quo, she just couldn't rule them out entirely. Wanda was rather free spirited, if a bit calculating on the side. She emitted a raw sexuality, dangerous to be sure, but tempting none the less. Nabiki seemed to have a hang up with her, but she wasn't sure the girl was just teasing the other, or if it was perhaps something more serious.

Tabitha on the other hand, she would be by far the most dangerous of the two, if she were scaling them as such. Free like Wanda, she was also open with her sexuality, she didn't doubt it would be too long before the girl got it in her head to be more physically intimate with other people. The possibility she would choose Ranma was nearly non-existent, but the possibility still existed. She'd need to think of a way to get the girl out of her way. How though? She certainly didn't seem keen on leaving the guy alone, especially not while she lived there.

She blinked, grinning. She had nearly forgotten about all that in the recent hustle and bustle. Of course! Didn't she, Wanda, and the boys live some where else? Only crashing at Nabiki and Ranma's until they could get their place up and running? Damn, she couldn't believe she forgot about that! Grabbing her cell phone, she placed a call.

---

"Tie?"

"Check."

"Jacket?"

"Check and.." Toad hmmed, tossing his clothes aside until he found a Jacket big enough for Fred, "Double Check."

Fred grunted, tearing through their rather small set of shoes. They didn't have any dress shoes, not like he was expecting to find any in either case. He supposed their regular shoes would have to do, provided they buffed and polished them some. "Secret Project?"

Toad grinned, "Oh, bet ya a flies ass that's ready to go."

"Good." Oh, this dance was going to be fun. He knew it.

Tabs blinked, lowering her magazine as she eye'd the boys weirdly, "Secret what?"

Fred waved the girl off, "Wouldn't be a secret if we told ya, now would it?"

Toad grinned, setting their clothes aside, pointedly ignoring Tabitha as she launched a cute pout his direction. That might have worked a few weeks ago, but he seriously wasn't going to fall for it now. "Heh."

"Ohhh!" Tabitha scowled, "Fine, I didn't want to know anyway." so saying, she pointedly ignored the boys as she returned to her magazine.

"Weren't gonna tell ya, anyway." Fred snorted.

Wanda paid them no mind, staring off blankly at the unused TV screen, lost in her thoughts. Nabiki was seriously starting to bother her, in a weird way. The constant attention, the constant flirting, and the fact she wasn't taking no for an answer galled her to no end. It was.. alien to her. Abandoned by her bastard Father into a mental institute at a rather young age, she didn't get to grow up like any normal teenager. Drugs, bindings, every so often electro-shock therapy didn't tend to give much in the way of normal living. She realized, this was probably one of the reasons why she was so confused on just why the thought of Nabiki going after her like this was enticing, while at the same time aggravatingly uncomfortable. Ranma was a whole other issue, one she wished to avoid for as long as possible. Having her first 'real' kiss stolen by Toad, the consequences to the boy was for paying day in and day out through her unrestrained use of Hex Magic, was an annoying aspect of her life. When Ranma kissed her, she found herself reacting mainly by instinct and hexing him in the bathroom, like she did with Toad. Only, she hadn't done it sense then, and the reasons were quite shocking to her, once she realized it. She liked him. He was her friend, he was her best 'guy' friend, and from what little information she could gleam from Nabiki or Ranma, she believed his childhood was as strange, if not as brutal, as her own. There was something about the adage 'Misery loves company' that really struck a note in her about the guy. Eh.. no, she'd rather not think on him right now. At least if she wanted to retain her sanity for another day.

"Pfeh." Peitro rolled his eyes, "You guys aren't serious about that 'Secret Project' crap?" he didn't think people did that anymore.

"Well.." Toad rubbed his nose, then snorted, "You bet yer ass we are." he grinned, "I got's me a date, I plan to see if this works!"

Tabitha blinked, dropping her magazine again. Now that Toad practically screamed 'She's going to get it with this plan' of theirs, she was even more curious, "Okay dork, what the heck are you planning?"

Fred chortled, about ready to wave the girl off, when he spied a sphere of energy pop into existence at the end of her finger tip, the action warning them if they said no, they knew they would be getting a Jamie Bomb where the sun don't shine. "Eh.. heh.."

"Quick Fred! Go for the jugular! The Jugular!" Toad slammed the balcony sliding door open, running at top speed before jumping over the rail.

Fred ran for the door, in his haste forgetting to suck his breath in, his wide frame holding him in place as he tried to run through the door, "Oh dear god! Where's a barrel of butter when I need it?!"

"You can't escape!" Tabitha scowled.

Peitro chuckled, "Man.. all this because of the dance."

"You get a date yet, Bro?" Wanda eyed the boy, curiously. Knowing him, he'd probably try to act like a player of some kind.

"Heh." he waved her question off, coolly relaxing over the couch, "Date sis? Don't you mean dates? I can handle more then one at a time."

Wanda rolled her eyes. That boy was so full of himself.

---

Emma grinned, "Right. Thanks Baylor, see that it gets done post haste." she shut her cell phone, effectively ending the call. Tossing the small thing to her bed, she sighed tiredly, before spreading her arms and falling to her bed. There were so many things to consider when rebuilding a house, especially one that she didn't own. It was a tiring ordeal, and she was infinitely glad Baylor was the one who had to do it.

Twisting on her bed, enjoying the silky feel of her quilted blankets against her skin, her mind turned back to the problems at hand. It would take a week, maybe two of nonstop work to fix their old place, which meant until then she could expect some resistance to her plans, at least on one front. For now though, she really needed to get to work. The last thing she needed was the Inner Circle finding out about her apparent lack of success, and sending some one to see the job gets done. Not only would that cast a bad light on her, it could very well effectively destroy any chance she had of rising up within the circle, if not out right getting the boot from them.

Ranma. The question always revolved around the boy. His recent actions were going to pose a problem, or more importantly, that goth and 'Ms. Perfect' were the problems. It didn't help the boy seemed so suddenly head over heels for the girl, but she had her own theories on that. She'd need to get him in a place where she could freely scan the guys mind, but Nabiki couldn't be present for that. Hmm.. this upcoming Dance could be a perfect opportunity.. Maybe she could get him away from that other girl for some fun? Hmm. It had potential. She just needed to find a date for the blasted thing, but who? Peitro? No thanks, that would only hurt her chances. That black kid, Evan she thought? Possibility. He did live with that Rogue and Jean girl, and if her plans for the dance turned up sour, at least she could manipulate him into telling her things about the place, or more importantly, of the two girls who lived there.

"Alright, girl.. time to get a date." she grumbled, idly wishing this could all be easier.

---

Lance eyed the slightly damaged door frame as he walked in the house. Geesh, what the heck happened there? Turning to Peitro, who was snoozing on the couch, he realized he wouldn't get any help there. Wanda seemed off in a daze, which wasn't new actually. Debating about bothering the girl, and thus risking her wrath, he quickly decided it just didn't matter and shut the door.

Passing the living room, he entered the kitchen, quickly going about as he looked for something to eat. Hmm.. P&J.. P&J.. oh wait, turkey ham! Hell yeah! He was just about to retrieve the package of meat from the fridge when the phone began to ring. Grumbling, he shut the fridge and went to answer the phone. Wanda never answered the blasted thing, and Peitro was asleep, so that left him he supposed.

"Yo." he grunted, clicking the wireless phone on before walking back into the kitchen.

"Hi, Lance?" a girl's voice.

Lance blinked, "Eh.. Kitty?" yeah, now that he thought about it, it did sound like her.

"Hi!" the girl chirruped, "You just get home?"

"Yeah.. lookin for somethin to eat."

"Doesn't Nabiki cook for you?"

Lance chuckled, "Nab's cooks, yeah. Not tonight, though. She told all of us she was taking Ranma out for a little 'special time'."

"Uh.." her voice sounded suddenly tense. The sound of something covering the receiver was ignored, as he pulled out the meat and a small tube of mayo. "Hey.. Lance.." she sounded rather nervous coming back to the phone, "You don't think Nabiki and Ranma are.. more then friends?"

Lance hmmed, twisting the cap of Mayo off, "Eh.. sure they are. They've always been close."

"Ah.." she sighed, "I mean.. y'know, more then friends.. like, boyfriend, girlfriend type of thing?"

Lance blinked, nearly dropping the phone at that, "Wh-what?! The heck gave you that idea?!"

"You mean they aren't?" she sounded rather excited again, which weirded him out just a tad.

"Course not. They're like brother and sister." he chuckled a bit. The thought of Nabs and Ranma dating was kind of funny, "'sides, he's like, majorly stuck up on Rogue." he blinked then, hearing Kitty repeat his words away from the receiver, a small, almost indistinct "Yes!" carrying into the phone. Weird. He didn't even realize he had started to talk a little like Kitty does back there.

"You didn't jus call me to spy on Ranma for Rogue, did ya?" Lance scowled a bit at that.

"Eh.. heh." she sounded rather sheepish, "Well.. like, no. Rogue was curious, but I just wanted to talk to you, honestly!"

He hmmed, making a play at considering her excuse while he spread a thin layer of mayo over his bread, "I dunno.. it kinda hurt ta think you were usin me like that."

"Hey!" she sighed, "Sorry! Really, like, I'm really sorry!"

"Heh." he grinned abit, "Just kidding girl. Y'know I trust ya in everything you do."

She let out a relieved breath, which sounded like music to Lance's ears. So, she had been concerned about all that. "So.. whatcha wearing?" Lance grinned devilishly.

---

"Nice movie."

Nabiki nodded, unable to stifle a yawn as the two climbed the stairs to their apartment. After the embarrassment of shopping, the two had decided to grab a bite to eat then catch a late movie. Perfect end to a good ole night on the town, she supposed. "Yeah, Jet Li has really come along way, hasn't he?"

"Pfeh." he snorted, juggling their bags as he fished in his pocket for the keys, "Guess so. Ya wouldn't expect him ta be so good, not after that time he came by tryin to kick my ass."

She grinned when the guy failed to retrieve the keys, pulling his hand out and reaching into his pockets herself. She suppose it would be a rather sexual ordeal for anyone, and when Ranma froze up she couldn't stop but laugh a bit at that. He could be rather cute when he was acting so shy. Fishing the keys out, she winked, "Never send a boy to do a woman's job."

Opening the door, neither were surprised to find most everyone asleep. Peitro had taken the couch, Blob the recliner, and Toad the floor. Nor were either surprised at the light burning across their faces. Looks like Tabs got a bit honery again.

Nabiki grinned grabbing her bags from Ranma, "Looks like Wands is in bed already." she smirked, winking at him, "Think I'll go snuggle with my cuddle bunny. Night!"

"Night." he grunted, heading for his own room. Passing the kitchen, he spied Lance sitting at the table, quietly talking to some one at the other end. Probably Kitty, he realized. Ignoring that for the time being, he dumped his packages, hoping to the almighty he'd never have to wear what was inside, before heading back to the kitchen. Waving casually at Lance, he moved in and began preparing himself a late night snack. Mall food just couldn't satisfy him, he realized bitterly.

"Yeah.. okay..." Lance chuckled, "Sure.. want to now?"

Damn. Some one finished off the turkey ham! He'd cry for vengeance later, he was too damn tired to care at this point. Grabbing the Peanut Butter and Jelly, he busied himself making the sandwich.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." he hmmed, nodding, "Eh, yeah sure. He just got home.. uh.. sure I guess." he shrugged, "Yeah, night Kit." he turned to Ranma, who had just finished making his sandwich and putting the materials away, and tossed him the phone. "Yo!"

Ranma blinked, catching it in midair, "Uh.. huh?"

"Rogue." Lance shrugged, yawning abit, "I'm out man. Night."

"Night." he hmmed, grabbing his plate and heading for his room. Shutting the door, he kicked off his shoes before crawling into bed. "Hi?"

Nervously, and sounding a little tired herself, Rogue responded, "Uh, Hi.."

"Sup?" he took a bite out of his snack.

"Nothin.." she ever so shyly responded.

Ranma rolled his eyes. He wasn't in the mood to play around with her, best to just get to the point. "Heh.. so.. whatcha wearin?"

Rogue's response was immediate, much to his dismay, "Pajama's."

"Uh.." he chuckled some. ".. meant to tha dance?"

"Oh!" she startled a bit, "Dunno yet. You?"

Ranma eyed the packages, grimacing some, "Nabs has me dressin weird."

"Weird?" she sounded rather curious.

Not wanting to ruin the surprise, and to save himself the embarrassment of explaining just what the girl had bought him, he cryptically responded, "Eh... You'll see."

"Oooh." she laughed a little, which made him feel goose bumps. "Teasin me."

"Heh." he chuckled again, "Just don't wanna ruin tha surprise, s'all."

He eyed the clock. Damn, it was pushing one. He debated momentarily about staying awake and talking to the girl, but reasoned he'd just see her tomorrow, "Hey.. I'm kinda tired, an was jus about ta go to bed. You mind?"

"Oh.." she sounded rather disappointed at that, but didn't try to fight it, "Sure."

"Great." he made a kissing sound over the phone, "Night. Love ya, Rogue." before clicking the phone off and hanging up.

---

Rogue stared at the phone, rather shocked. Her look drew Kitty's attention, the girl just barely crawling into bed after speaking with Lance for nearly six hours straight.

"Like, what's wrong?" she hmmed a bit. The girl looked positively spooked, but in a weirdly enough good way.

"He.. he said he loved me.." she answered, slowly.

Kitty blinked. Whoa, that was pretty fast.. really damn fast. "Wow.." she hmmed, debating momentarily about saying that was weird, or just not saying anything at all. Rogue wouldn't be happy if she said it was weird, she figured, so she simply decided to say, "Sound's like he really want's to be with you."

Rogue nodded dumbly at that. Love? Was she even ready for something like that?

---

To be Continued (heh.)

I know I said I would be combining all three chapters into a big one, but I figured, fuck no. Might as well get this over first part out, since you guys have waited so long on it. I know it's not exactly as long as I usually make things (or maybe it is, and I'm just too tired to notice), but I figured why not post it and see what kind of reviews I get.

I tried to touch base with all the key players in tomorrow's events, except for Kurt and Evan. Evan's more of a 'filler' then anything else, but I'm sure I'll come up with something to make him a more diverse character in the next chapter. Kurt, well, most of the next chapter focuses on him anyway, so I felt little need to actually stress upon him in this.

Emma's going on the offensive.

Nabiki's going on the offensive.. sorta (Wanda run!)

Wanda's trying to figure things out.

Toad and Fred are plotting.

Tabitha wants to know what their plotting, but hasn't figured it out yet.

Lance is pondering Kitty things, while Kitty is pondering Lance things.

Xavier just wants some porn, but Forge won't leave him the fuck alone.

Hell if I know where Logan and Storm are at.

Risty's getting ready for the dance, and a surprise visit from a certain bucket head in the next chapter, or the chapter after that.

Ranma just wants to hide under a rock and die with the outfit Nabs got him.

Jean's plotting things, using Scott to her own ends.

Scott couldn't be happier.

Peitro's sleeping, but, well, he'll be getting his date(s) tomorrow :P

Rogue is officially confused, and rather liking it.

Eh, yeah.

By saying 'I love you' at the end there, it's more to point out to you readers (as well as completely IC) to a hint with just what exactly is going on with Ranma. Only one person has managed to guess it, and he wasn't completely right, either. There is a cause for everything, and here's a hint, it's not a brain fuck over when Rogue Absorbed Jean's telepathy.

Whether it has something to do with her absorbing Jean's power(s), is a whole other matter. Heh.

Anyway. As I said in a previous chapter, I'll be holding on posting the updated polls until the end of this series of chapters (one or two more to go, I'm not sure). So while you don't see the polls, be advised they are still running.

Matdeception