Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Revealed ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A crossover between Sailor Moon and Ranma ½

Author's Note: Any characters used in this story that are not involved in either one of the original series belong to me.

Disclaimers: Ranma ½ is property of Rumiko Takahashi. Publication Rights are held by Viz in The US and Shogakukan in Japan. Sailor Moon is property of Naoko Takeuchi. Publication rights held by Kodansha Ltd. in Japan and Mixx Entertainment in the US. "Successful Mission" is the theme song from the anime, Saber Marionette

And special thanks to: Louis-Philippe Giroux, and all the others who took the time to write to me to compliment me on my stories. ^_^

E-mail your comments to: star_moon_strata@yahoo.com

Come visit my web page at: http://www.geocities.com/angel_skye2001/
______________________________ ________________________
What has happened before: Ranma has left his life in Nerima behind, without marrying any of his fiancés'. Finding a place to stay, Ranma catches the first train into Tokyo, where he plans on staying with his relatives, the Tsukino family...

A Past Revealed
Chapter 3
By Angela Nebedum
________________________________________

"Successful Mission"

I came to this land to protect you.
I was born to be with you.
The moment I awoke..
...prisms surrounded me.

I'm here to love you now.
I was born to hold you.
Lies and truths...
...are all within ourselves.

The days I abandon my true feelings...
...won't get to me.
Tenderness and caring...
...can be ours once again!

Day in, day out, like a puppet on a string.
Wandering in the void between zero and infinity
The strength to sever the tangled wires...
...is still sleeping inside of you.

The next afternoon, Serena waited at the train station with her father and Sammy as they waited for Ranma's train to come into the station.

"Dad," Serana whined. "Is it time for the train to come in yet?"

Her father turns around to answer her once more. "Serena, for the tenth time already, the train won't be here until another 10 minutes."

"Oh... Have I really asked you that question ten times?" Serena asks sheepishly.

"What a total ditz, Serena." Sammy says. "I wonder how Ranma would react to your million questions a minute routine."

Serena turns around to glare at Sammy, "Quiet brat."


On the train, Ranma was finishing up putting his stuff back together so that he would be ready to get off the minute the train stopped in Tokyo. 'I wonder how much things have changed in the past 8 years since I was last here.' Ranma wonders silently to himself. 'It would be nice to see Serena again.'

'And finally I don't have to worry about my fiancés, at least until I can figure out what I am going to do next.' Ranma adds with a sigh.

Just then the loud speakers come on, and the conductors voice comes on. "Attention! All passengers who are getting off at the next train stop in Tokyo, please get ready to disembark in five minutes when the train comes to a stop." Then the speakers go dead.

"Finally. I'm almost there." Ranma says.


~~5 Minutes Later~~

Back at the train station everyone stood by the walkway as the train came to a complete stop, and all the passengers began to walk off the train one in groups making it hard to see through them.

"Dad I don't see him. Are you sure that this is the train he was supposed to be on?" Serena asks.

"This should be it. It's the only one coming from Nerima at this time.

As they talk Ranma comes out of one of the compartments that was farther down the way from where Serena and her family stood, as they argued. He would have walked right past them if he had not noticed Serena's hairstyle. He suddenly remembered a little girl from another time with the same hairstyle and hair color, so he turned back around and spoke.

"Serena?" Ranma asks expectantly.

Serena stops what she's doing and turns around to face Ranma with a surprised look on her face that matched Ranma's. "Ranma?" At his nod she runs towards him and into his open arms for a hug. "Ranma! I though that we missed your train or something when we didn't see you. I've missed you so much Ranma!"

Ranma returns Serena's hug with a smile slowly appearing on his face. "It's nice to know that you haven't changed that much in 8 years, meatball head. You may look older, but you still have your hair up like a pair of meatballs. That's the one thing that I always remembered about you."

Serena pulled out Ranma's grip to give him a stern look and punches him in the arm, "Don't call me meatball head, Ranma! You know how much I hate that nickname." Serena tells him, trying to look angry, but fails.

Ken and Sammy run up to where the two teens stood, and Ken claps a hand on Ranma's back in greeting. "Ranma. It's nice to see you again, son. How were things going for you back in Nerima?" he asks. "I hope that you remember my son Sammy.

Ranma rubs his arm where Serena had punched him. 'Same old Serena.' Ranma thinks to himself before turning his attention back to Ken, and takes Ken's hand into his own to shake it. "Hi Uncle Ken, hi Sammy." he said as he ruffles Sammy's hair. "Everything's fine back home, uncle Ken. But I don't really want to talk about it right now. Can we get going to your house?" Ranma asks.

"Sure Ranma, you must be tired after your long trip. Here let me get your bag." Ken says as he bends down to lift Ranma's bag only to almost fall over from the weight of it. "OOF! What do you have in here Ranma?"

Before Ranma can answer, he feels a tug on his shirt and looks down to see Sammy trying to get his attention. "What is it, Sammy?"

"Ranma, are you really a martial artist? Can you teach me how to become one?" Sammy asks.

Ranma looked at Ken before answering Sammy's question, "Sure, kid. I'd love to teach you martial arts, but you'd have to ask your mom and dad first before I do. I don't want to be in trouble with them during my stay in Tokyo."

Sammy jumped up in glee when he hears Ranma's answer then runs over to Ken to ask for permission.

Ken just sighs, and says "Talk it over with your mother Sammy."

As Ken and Sammy walked ahead of them towards the car with most of Ranma's bags, Serena stayed back to talk with Ranma as they walked together.

"So Ranma.. How's your life been going since the last time I saw you?" Serena asked curiously. "Why did you leave your home and come all the way here to Tokyo?"

"It's been great I guess. But pops has ruined what type of life I might ever have. I wanted to just get away from everything, like my problems and everything else." Ranma replies. "I guess that Tokyo was the only place I could think of going to."

"What did Uncle Genma do to you." Serena asked as they finally reached the car and pile into the back seat. "It can't be as bad as your making it seem like, Ranma." Serena chided affectionately.

"Want to bet, Sere?" Ranma said in dead tones. "Let me tell you some of the things I've had to go through during the years since I left you guys, up to two years ago when Pops and I finally returned to Japan from our training trip." he said as he began his tale, keeping out most of the really terrible things that had happened to him.


~Awhile Later~

Serena just sat in stunned awe at what she had just heard from Ranma, awe that was quickly turning to anger, at some of the things that Ranma had had to go through over the years. And most of her anger went towards Ranma's ex-fiancé's. "I can't believe that Uncle Genma engaged you to all those girls over the years! What did he expect their families to do?! Just forget the engagement after it had been made!"

Sammy and Ken bore expressions that mirrored Serena's as they drove along.

"Did your dad really make a promise to Auntie Nodako, that he would make you "A Man Among Men" and that both you and him would commit suicide if he failed in doing so?" Sammy asked curiously as he watched Ranma and Serena's faces.

"Yeah pops made that promise, along with lots of others that he had no intention of keeping, even though he considers himself a man of honor. He said that agreement he made with mom was the only way he could convince mom to let him take me on the training trip when I was 6 years old." Ranma said solemnly as he looked down at his seat. "There's no telling what else Pops has done that involves me, that hasn't already caught up with us yet."

"Like I said before. I had enough of everything, and I broke off all agreements with the Tendo's, and left town before any of the other girls who were interested in me found out. I have no intention of keeping any agreements with the others. And I don't know what I'm going to do about Shampoo and her grandmother, since they'll stop at nothing to get me to marry Shampoo, just because I beat her in combat."

"It was good thing you called us then, Ranma. You are welcome to stay here as long as you want until you settle down." Ken said as he turned the car into the driveway of their house. "I do not believe Genma! Even I would never do any of the things that he's done."

"I really don't plan on staying at you house for long if I can help it, uncle. I don't won't to cause any trouble for you by staying for long." Ranma said truthfully as he watched the back of Ken's head.

"It'll be no trouble Ranma, truly." Ken protested. "Like I said, stay as long as you want until you get back on your feet and decide to move out into your own place."

"Great!" Ranma exclaimed.


~~At the Tsukino home~~

Upon entering the house, Ranma finds himself enveloped in his aunts arms, in a warm welcoming hug. Then Irene holds him off at arms length to look at him better.

"Ranma! It's so good to see you! I can't believe how much you've grown since the last time I saw you." Irene exclaimed as she pulled him back into another hug. "Come along. I have dinner all ready to be served, if you're hungry from your long trip?"

"I'm starved, aunt Irene. I haven't eaten anything all day since I left Nerima last night." Ranma said as he followed them into the dining room. He stared in surprised to see a pink haired, with a rabbit eared hairstyle, little girl who was already seated at the table.

"I didn't know you guys had another daughter." Ranma said as he took a seat next to the girl. "Hi I'm Ranma." he said in greeting as he reached out a hand towards her.

"I'm Rini." Rini said as she stared up at Ranma, while taking his hand into hers. 'So this is Ranma? He looks cute, not as cute as Mamoru or Helios.' Rini thought silently to herself.

"Oh! Ranma, Rini's not our daughter. She's another cousin who's also staying with us for awhile." Irene informed him. "She started staying with us whenever her family is out of town 2 years ago."

Ranma was busy spooning food onto his plate when he heard Irene's words "Cousin?" Ranma asked uncertainly as he looked first at Rini then over at Serena who had taken a seat next to him.

"If it wasn't for difference in the hair color and style, and the eye color, Rini looks just like Serena. So I thought that they might be sisters, or something." he said, while sitting back with his full plate.

Serena and Rini both blushed at what Ranma had said, both knowing how close he had come to the truth about them.

"That's what a lot of people say, Ranma." Irene said as she sat down to eat. "The resemblance between you girls is so uncanny." she finished as she looked back at Serena and Rini.

Serena shakes her head insistently, "No way mom!! It's just a coincidence."

"Yeah Auntie Irene." Rini added.

"Geez, meatball head.," Ranma said in between bites of food. "No need to get all bent out of shape over nothing. It doesn't matter. Ok?" he gets nods from both girls. "Fine. Now that's over let's eat before everything gets cold."

After that everything remains quiet during the meal, only broken when Serena talked to Ranma about her friends and school, and Ken asking Ranma questions.


Later...

Serena leads Ranma upstairs to the guestroom with Sammy and Rini close behind them. Turning on the lights to the room, Ranma notices how much better it looks compared to the room he had at the Tendo's.

"We spent all day cleaning up this room, preparing it for when you were going to arrive today, Ranma." Serena said cheerfully as she left for a few minutes then returned with some more pillows and blankets for the bed. "I hope you like the room."

"You guys didn't have to go to so much trouble, ya know." Ranma said sheepishly as he put one hand behind his head. "I would have taken the room the way it was and cleaned it up myself."

"It was no trouble at all, Ranchan." Rini said cheerfully.

Ranma started in surprise at the familiar nickname. "Huh?"

Rini looked back at Ranma. "You don't mind if I call you Ranchan? I can call you Ranma if that's what you want."

"No.. No... It's ok, Rini. It's just a surprise. The only other person who's ever called me that was an old friend of mind. Her name's Ukyou." Ranma said with a laugh. "I don't mind at all if you call me that." sitting down on a nearby chair.

"Okay!!" Rini said as she helped Serena with the things. Just as they were about to move towards the bed, they heard Ranma draw in a sharp intake of breath, and then heard him gasp in alarm.

They both turn around to look at Ranma, in time to see that he was now sitting ramrod straight in his chair, his entire body shaking, which to Serena's eye in what could only be described as fear and horror as he looked down at something in his lap.

Sitting in Ranma's lap, returning his gaze was a small gray kitten with a golden crescent moon on its forehead, as it raised a paw towards Ranma in greeting.

"Meow!"


A few moments before - Outside the door of the guest room.

Two pairs of furry faces peeked into the room to watch what was going on.

"Mama, is that Ranma?" Diana asked curiously. "He looks cute."

"I believe that is him, Diana. But I'm not sure." Luna said. "He matches Serena's short description of him from what she remembers of him."

"I hope he likes cats." Diana said as she stuck her head into the door, seeing Serena and Rini turned away. "I'm going to go say hi to him, mama."

Before Luna can stop her daughter, Diana was already running through the door and into the room, and with one leap, managed to land on Ranma's lap without falling off. Looking up at Ranma she then playfully raised one paw up in greeting, trying to look her cutest.

"Meow!"


Now....

"Diana! You bad kitty, scaring us like that!" Rini called out, missing seeing Ranma's fear, as she scooped up Diana into her arms. "Ranma this is my kitten, Diana. Isn't she kawaii? Ranma? Ranma are you okay"

Ranma's terror was building up so badly that he could barely speak, as his mouth just opened and closed repeatedly with no sound coming out, his entire body now shaking. "Get... it.... out..." Ranma finally managed to say, his voice barely audible, as he closed his eyes.

"What did you say? Ranma are you ok. Speak to me!" Serena said as she kneeled in front of Ranma, taking his hands into hers, stopping to look down as she felt the tremors going through his body, before turning back to Sammy who still stood by the door. "Sammy! Get mom and dad! Something with Ranma!" Sammy took off running back downstairs as Serena turned to talk to Ranma once more. "Ranma speak to me what's wrong?"

Rini moved closer, still holding Diana both wearing worried expressions. "Ranchan?"

Ranma's eyes opened, looking wild as he looked at Serena then at Rini, letting his gaze drop down to Diana before letting out a squeak and making the chair move backwards away from them. "Get it away! Keep that thing away from me!" Ranma cried out as he looked directly at Diana. "I absolutely hate c..c..c..a...a...t..s!!" he shouted, his voice rising in decimals that even rivaled Serena.

Diana looked hurt as she looked up at Rini, who only shook her head, and carried Diana towards the bedroom door where she then put Diana on the floor next to where Luna still waited, shutting the door. Turning back around, she sees Serena is now holding Ranma, who was now nearly curled up on his chair. "Ranma it's ok. Rini put Diana outside the bedroom." Serena said, trying to calm Ranma down, but Ranma didn't say anything.

The door to the room was flung open as Sammy, Ken, and Irene burst in. "Ranma! What's going on? Sammy said you looked like you were having an attack." Ken demanded, his voice sounding worried. "And why were you shouting like that?!"

Ranma remained silent.

"Serena, Rini, what happened?" Irene asked.

"I don't know what's wrong, mom." Serena began. "Ranma was fine when he came in here. Then Diana came into the room, and jumped onto Ranma's lap, and he started freaking out, and yelling." Serena explained.

"When I put Diana out of the room, he started to calm down a bit, now he won't speak at all." Rini added in.

Irene moved to stand in front of Ranma and kneels before him so that her face is level to where his is. "Ranma? Can you hear me? Do you want to talk to some one about what's wrong?"

"Leave me alone. What my problem is something that no one could help me with. C...c...a... those things scare me. That's all. No thanks to pops and his stupid training." Ranma mumbled without looking up, he stood up and moved towards the bed. "I guess I'm just tired, and I need to get some rest. It is a school day tomorrow remember?"

"Ranma..." Ken began.

"Uncle Ken, please." Ranma interrupted. "And please keep.. Diana away from me. Something might happen that I won't be able to control." Ranma warned them, still not looking up.

"All right Ranma, good night." Irene said as she started to usher everyone out of the room. "Maybe you'll feel better in the morning."

"But mom!" Serena and Sammy protest in unison.

"Auntie!" Rini cried out.

"No arguments you three. Come on Ken." Irene called out to her husband.

Ken held back for a few moments as he looked at Ranma. "Ranma if there's anything you want to discuss..." he began.

"I'll come talk to you, uncle Ken." Ranma finished for him. "Good-night." he said as lay down on the bed.

"Fine then. Goodnight Ranma," Ken said as he shut the door behind him.


Ranma lay on the bed for a few moments listening as the occupants of the house settled down for the night, before turning over to his side to look at the closed door.

'I can't believe I freaked out like that, and in front of Serena too. This is impossible.' he thought angrily to himself as he sat up, and got out of bed and heads towards his bags to pull out some pajama pants. Donning the pants he takes out a shirt and puts it on too.

Going to the bed, he pulled back the sheets and climbs in, and turns off the light. He lays there thinking with his hands perched over his head to cushion his head as he looked up at the dark ceiling. 'My first day in Tokyo and already I might be in trouble.' he thought silently, 'and all because of this fear of mine. I can't ask them to get rid of the kitten or find somewhere for it to stay while I'm here, this is their home after all, but...' his thoughts fade in out as sleep finally claims him and he falls asleep.

To Be Continued...