Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Child ❯ Birth ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything, except my car, and my computer, and my.... ok so i just don't any anime or manga characters...yet!

Wild Child
Prologue: Birth

A small gust of wind picked up almost magically over a valley in China. A valley that changed lives, some for the better and some for the worse, but always changed.

Noting the rising wind out side of his hut, the short overweight man in a Mao army uniform murmured to himself, "Is bad omen, wind over cursed pools is rarely a good sign."

The wind continued east over a large citadel that housed a people that had animal like characteristics. It continued on over a large village where there are lines and lines of female warriors practicing there art. Picking up speed as it blew over a mountain that had been the sight of a colossal battle not six months earlier that had left its peak somewhat lower than it had been.

Speeding along the land it finally reached the coast and ocean it continued along until it reached the coast of Japan. Continuing on until it reached the north-east corner of Tokyo, the Ward more commonly known as Nermia, were it finally spent itself on the mountains east of the city.

Almost losing her balance as the wind hit her she felt strong hands steadying her on her waist. "Its kind of windy today, are you sure that we should be doing this today," asked Akane Tendo with only the sliest hitch in her voice.

"It'll be fine 'kane," Ranma Saotome said with smirk on his voice, "The wind makes it more of challenge, besides I'm right behind you making sure that you won't fall."

"But what happens when you fall too Baka?" She asked with a smile.

"Then you find out why the first thing that I taught you was how to fall properly, ne?" he laughed.

She laughed with him as she thought back to the day that he had finally started teaching her a couple of days after the bombed wedding.

KNOCK KNOCK

Akane looked up from her desk and out the window were she saw him hanging upside down. Getting up and walking over to the window she opened it and gave him an inquiring look, "What do you want."

"Akane, we need to talk," Ranma said with a rare seriousness in his voice.

Struck by his tone she just nodded and stepped back to let him in. He shook his head and stuck out his hand, "We need to talk alone" He said with a meaningful look towards Nabiki's Room. Nodding again she took his hand and bit back a yelp as he pulled her towards himself suddenly and swept her up bridal style and proceeded to jump away from the house.

Both of them were silent as he made his way over roofs to were ever their destination was. She was silently surprised when he passed buy the bridge that was his usual thinking spot. He must of noticed something on her face because he chuckled. "Not much of a hiding spot if every one knows about it eh?" he explained.

With one last bit of effort he jumped up to the top of an old abandoned warehouse. Looking around she noted a built tent set up over in the corner of the roof.

"This is my thinking spot. Other than the Security Guard that comes by to make sure that there aren’t any homeless people living in the building, no one knows that I come here," he said with a sigh. "I keep the tent over there just in case it's raining," He replied after seeing her questioning look at the tent.

That was when it hit her, he was trusting her with his hideaway. "Why did you bring me here?"

"Because we needed a place to talk were we would not be interrupted." he said matter of factly. Taking on the serious expression that he had before, "Things need to change."

"First, we need to admit that we were both willing to go through with the wedding."

Suddenly not trusting her voice she just nodded.

He sighed in relief that his feelings retuned, "Then we need to train you."

Blinking at the apparent non sequitor, "What?"

Holding his hands in a stopping gesture, "Hold on wile I explain," she nodded again, "As you may have noticed spending any amount of time around me is not exactly the safest place to be." she snorted at the understatement of the year, "and then their are the other fiancées."

"Are you saying that I'm not good enough to deal with them?" She snapped.

"No you aren’t." She was about to summon her mallet, "Yet," She paused. "You have the potential to be better than them but you have a lot of bad habits that are holding you back."

The frank appraisal of her skill and potential was unexpected. "What bad habits?" She asked a little defensively.

That was when it started to rain. "Oh come on, One of the most important conversations in my life and the Kami’s ruin it."

Seeing the little redhead fume at the sky she couldn’t hold it in any more, she started giggling, it got worse as she saw the look of surprise on her fiancé’s face at the sound and started to laugh. When Ranma smiled and started to laugh with her she nearly doubled over with laughter.

When they were both done not bothering to wipe their tears in the now pouring rain, "Well I guess that I should probably take you home now."

Looking over at the small tent over in the corner of the roof, "I think we should finish this conversation now don't you think?"

"Eh?

They had spent the entire night in the tent just talking. After they discussed her bad habits and his, then he outlined his lesson plan, and finally they began talking about how they felt about each other.

They left for home in high spirits, feeling closer and more conftrable with each other. They managed to arrive before first light, before any one had gotten up.

Later at breakfast she announced that as her father was now longer teaching her to advance her skills she had decided to get a new instructor in the art.

During the expected crying from her father Nabiki asked who it was she was going to have teach her she just smiled and said, "A really cute boy that I know." This caused Ranma to choke on his rice before blushing.

Later Ranma made an announcement to all involved that he would not get married until he finished high school. He also started training her. It took awhile but once he broke her of her habits she started to improve buy leaps and bounds. She still couldn't believe even now six months later how much her temper was holding her back. She was now according to Ranma second only to Shampoo as a female martial artist in her age group and quickly catching up. He joked that she would be riding a bike along the power lines any day now.

She jogged confidently along the top of the fence now that she had compensated for the wind and they were both on their way to school for the day.

x x x

Ranma smiled as Akane confidently jumped down from the fence and jogged towards the school gates. Jumping down himself he sped up and jogged beside her threw the gates.

His smile turned to a frown when he saw Kuno standing in the middle of the path, again.

"Hold foil cur, the day of reckoning is finally at hand, for today I have the means to your defeat." He said arrogantly with a flourish of his bokken. Reaching into his Hakuma he pulled out a jewel encrusted amulet. "Behold the Amulet of Separation, with this I shale keep you away from my Tigress Akane Tendo and my Beautiful Pig-Tailed Girl."

'Crap' he thought, 'he's got some sort of magical talisman, and knowing Kuno it probably is more dangerous than he thinks and does something completely different than he expects.' Thinking fast Ranma looked over Kuno's shoulder he yelled, "Pigtailed girl run before Kuno does something stupid!"

Kuno's face brightened, "My love is here?" he exclaimed looking over his shoulder. Ranma used the distraction to sprint towards the samurai wannabe and snatch the amulet out of the morons hand and kick him away in the same move.

Ranma was about to insult Kuno when he felt the power in the amulet rise suddenly, and then all he knew was pain.

x x x

Akane watched as Ranma paused and then was suddenly the center of a giant pillar of light. It looked like every muscle in his body suddenly tightened at once and he screamed in agony. She was frozen to the spot as the boy that she had finally admitted that she had feelings for was being tortured. It wasn't the light or the power that she felt that was holding her back. It was the scream. It sounded like both his girl and boy side screaming as one.

Even Kuno, she absently noticed was staring wide eyed at the display. That was when suddenly there was a flash and it looked like his girl side was superimposed over his male side. The entire school stared in morbid fascination when there was a final flash that caused everyone to look away.

Once the light faded away she lowered her arm from her eyes and blinked. Lying down beside each other were two figures.
One male Ranma wearing black pants and black tank top, and one female Ranma wearing a red long sleeved Chinese shirt and gold with blue trim boxers.

"Ha the Evil Sorcerer is defeated," Gloated Kuno as e regained what little wits he had about him, "and has lost his hold on the pigtailed girl, hahahahahahrrrk......"

Recovering from throwing the mallet that hit and Knocked out Kuno, Akane raced over to the two unconscious forms she started yelling for some one to help her carry them to the Nurse's Office.

x x x

"Dead Scream" the last of the.. whatever they were collapsed and died in a flash of flames. 'This sucks,' Sailor Pluto thought, 'why do I have to deal with this? And who designed this stupid uniform?' She looked down. It sort of looked like a normal school uniform, 'from a hentai film maybe.'
Sleeveless white leotard that left nothing to the imagination. Black collar, bows, mini skirt, and black high-healed boots that ended just under her knee. Glinting on her forehead was a gold tiara with a purple stone at its center. Running her elbow length white gloves threw her long green hair she suddenly felt the adrenalin run out of her body.

Panting she leaned heavily on her staff and surveyed the scene, 'or battle ground' She thought with a grim chuckle. She was in an ally downtown, there were scorch marks on the walls and ground from were the creatures that she was fighting had died. There were a few holes in the walls on either side of her from missed attacks.

Suddenly she heard sirens in the distance, 'Crap' she turned and jumped up to the fire escape on the side of the building. Most people would of thought that this feat was imposable as the first platform starts on the third floor. Running up the stairs three at a time she made it to the roof of the eleven story building in seconds. Ignoring the burning cramps in her chest and muscles in her legs she ran.

After a couple minutes an a couple kilometres (one mile) she slowed down and collapsed against the roof. Laying on her back she taking a few minutes to catch her breath she thought back to how this all started a few months ago.

She was walking home from school. She stayed late helping the student council out. She enjoyed working with them and thought that she might become a student councillor when she was older. She saw that it was getting late and she had not told her over protective mother that she was going to be late getting home. She started running and decided that she should take a short cut threw the park without thinking why it might be a bad idea to do so.

This park buy day was nice place were mothers and the rare father took their children to play and have fun. Young couples would stroll threw the park hand in hand. And older couples would just sit on one of the many bench’s and just soak up the atmosphere. But an night, especially in recent years, young gangs and street toughs would use it as a hang out. A place were they would meet before heading out for a night on the town. It was were a lot of young trouble makers would go and drink, smoke, or anything else that they thought would be best to hide from their parents.

Only thinking about what her mother would do if her sophomore daughter was late, she didn't want her to phone the police because she was a half hour late like that time that the bus broke down. She had never been so embarrassed in her life. She was not really watching were she was going, her mind on other things, so she was quite surprised when she ran into someone in a particularly dark part of the park. This was followed by Setsuna landing on her butt and a bottle shattering on the ground. Looking up she saw three boys looking down at the bottle and the liquid running out of it all over the ground. Before she could apologize, they turned to her.

"That was expensive Sake, bitch." said the short, fat one with short black hair.

"And it was a hassle to get too," Said the skinny one with shoulder length platinum blond hair.

The last one, tall and muscled with slicked back black hair, obviously the leader, looked her over making her cringe, "Just wait boys, I think she wants to pay us back don't you."

Slowly getting up she said with a catch in her voice "Sorry but I don't have any money."

He pushed her back down on to her ass, she bit out a yelp, "I wasn't talking about money, I was talking about paying us back with a good time." he said with a leer.

Shivering from the looks that all three of them were giving her she was looking frantically for an escape she saw their leader advancing on her, "I think that you can pay me back first babe and then my boys here will need compensation as well don't you thi....." The last came out in a high pitch squeak and she kicked him as hard as she could in the crotch.

She got up and ran, or at least she tried to, but the guy she had kicked grabbed her leg and she fell forward, at the last second she twisted and landed on her shoulder with a scream. She had landed wrong and dislocated her shoulder. The other two boys jumped on her, "Hold that bitch down," said the leader still a little high pitched.

She could feel him reach up her thigh as the other two held her down she tried to fight back but with only one good arm it was quickly caught. Blinking back tears as she felt his hand now under her skirt she thought that this was it. That was when she saw a pillar of light in front of her. Her attackers didn’t seam to see it. Hope suddenly rose up in her, that light some how held her salvation. Biting back the pain she forward with her only free arm, the one attached to her dislocated shoulder. As she reached into the light her hand closed over something, with that the words that would save her flooded into her mind.

"PLUTO PLANET POWER, MAKE UP!"

With those words the three would be rapists were thrown back in a flash of light. Standing were their victim had been was a green haired goddess radiating power and looking angrily in their direction. The skinny blonde one actually pissed his pants.

"Come on," yelled the leader, "It's still just a chick," There was no confidence in his voice. He looked to see if the others were backing him up. Setsuna took that opportunity to run forward and clock him across the jaw with as much strength as she could. She could feel his jaw shatter under her now increased strength as he flew back 10 meters (32.5 feet) into a tree and fell limply to the ground.

The fat one quickly rose with a snarl, he pulled out a butterfly knife in each hand and twirled them open. "Die bitch!" he bellowed as he charged her. Instinctively throwing her hands in front of her she was suddenly twirling a staff in front of her self she sidestepped the clumsy swipe he threw out and brought her staff down on his leading arm breaking his wrist. His scream of pain was suddenly cut off as she spun around and slammed the heavy garnet at the top of the staff into the back of his head.

As he too fell limply to the ground she turned to the last of her attackers. He took one look at her pissed off face and rolled is eyes back and fainted. Walking over to him she drew back and kicked him in the ribs as hard as she could. Hearing the satisfying crunch. She spat on him and walked away.

Still laying on the roof she had to smile at what happened after. After she had learned how to detransform she had called the police on a pay phone and in a falsely panicky voice said that she had been attack and that they had tried to rape her. She then said that some one had heard her screams and pushed them off of her and told her to run and call the police. She took off home and left the police to come and clean up the mess.

She later found out that they were seniors at a high profile private school a few blocks over from hers. The school not wanting the bad publicity transferred them to the public school Furinkan High in Nermia.

It was found out on how to do the Dead Scream later when those... things started to show up were ever she was once a week or so. They weren't hard to kill and they always attack when she was alone but they were always a lot of them. And there were getting to be more of them every time they appeared

'TIME IMPS'

"Arghhhhh.." She hated that. Images and words were flashing in her head like memorise that weren’t hers. 'So they are called Time Imps,' she thought as she got over her minor irritation, 'Well at least I now know what to call them.

Getting up after catching her breath. 'I just wish that there was someone to help me with them, They're just wiping me out.' Sighing she started running over the rooftops back home.

TBC

A.N. This story is a Rewrite of my earlier work Ranko's Journey. I reread what I had written and found it to be complete crap. I felt that the story concept was good but the way that I wrote it was very poor. The chapters were to short for al that they were trying to bring across and was very poorly written. For all of you that said that they liked it thank you but I hope you like this revision more.