Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Child ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything, except my car, and my computer, and my.... ok so i just don't any anime or manga characters...yet! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Wild Child
Chapter 1: Meetings

Shaking off the water Ranko looked up and growled.

"Sorry." Yelled the woman that just dumpd her bathwater out the window. She turned back to the road grumbling under her breath. Pausing for a second she looked back at the building. The modern building that has indoor pluming, why the hell did she need to throw the water out the window for. She shoke her head and walked away. Even though she no longer changed she still attracted water like no tomorrow. 'At least my 'Brother' still has the same problem,' She thought.

She continued on threw the city not really having a destination in mind. She thought back to the place she left. After she put those three new boys at school into intensive care that tried to have their way with her, danm tough boy wannabe's were still in bandages from however they had a fight with last, she desided to leave. That was the last straw in convicing her that she was not Ranma. Ranma had his own life to live and she couldn't live it as well.

From the moment of her "Birth" it was a rocky get go from the start. Genma refused to aknowlage that she was his child and not any thing more than a curse. Nodika did aknowlage her but imediatly tried to turn her into a perfect traditional lady. Ukyo just ignored her exsistance. Shampoo started trying to kill her as the "outsider girl" that had defeted her in combat. Nabiki now no longer had to wait for water to come for her photos. Happiosi also had a permenent squeeze toy. The Kuno's didn't change at all but then they didn't know about the curse in the first place. Kasumi, Akane, and Ranma were the only ones that treated her like a human. Kasumi was fine but Ranma and Akane only served to remind her of the past and what she had lost. She was starting to feel slitly sucidal.

She needed to turn it all around, all that she had was her life and honor, she decided that she had nothing to lose she put it all on the line.

x x x

When Nodika started trying to guilt trip her into wearing a fuku uniform to school she looked her mother in the eye, Went over to her pack and pulled out her tanto. "Mother I have failed in my quest to be a 'Man amonst Men', please consent to being my second as I rectafy the dishonor." Covering her mouth she ran out of the room but not before she saw the tear in her mothers eye. When she got home from school that day their was the seppku contract laying on her futon ripped to shreds. They never talked about it but their was less tension between the two of them and she never tried to get her to dress up like a proper girl again.

x x x

One day at lunch Ranko was sitting in the school cortyard when Shampoo came in with her sword pointing at me yelling, "You I kill,"

I calmly looked up carfully putdown my bento, got up and walked up to her with my arms spread, "Fine kill me." Taken aback by the invitation she took a step back. "I said kill me. Take the and strike me right threw the heart"

Shampoo seamed to resolve her desicion came at me and sliced down leaving a tear in the arm of my shirt, a few drops of blood fell to the ground. Ranko didn't flinch.

Ranma started to run into the fight when Ranko yelled, "Back off 'Oniichan' this is my fight," wile stairing right into Shampoo's eyes, "So come on Xian Pu stab me with that pig sticker of yours."

She came back again and made to make another light slash at Ranko's other arm when Ranko caught the blade and brought it down so the point was between here breasts. "If you want to kill me then heres your chance just push and you win." The entire school as silent. "come on is this not what you need to do for your tribe." Shampoo was franticaly trying to pull the sword away but Ranko brought it closer still, "I'm giving you a chance to satisfiy you wounded honor." A stain of blood was now showing around the sword point as Ranko brought the blade in, never once breaking off eye contact with Shampoo. It was too much for Shampoo as she lost her grip on the sword and fell backwards. Looking into Ranko's unblinking dead stare she saw no fear but Shampoo felt fear, her own.

Shampoo turned away and ran. Ranko watched her leave and then looked down at the sword casting it away she turned and started to walk out, sielence following her untill...

"For making Shampoo cry, Die" yelled Mouse as he lanched chains and blades from the top of the school wall. Side steping the barrage she reached out and grabed one of the chains and yanked it hard. Mouse came flying at her and she leaped right at him porforming a bicycle kick into the back of his head which caused him to crash face first into the ground knocking him out cold instantly.

Turning around she continued to walk off the school grounds. A few blocks away She felt Conlone pogo up behind her she stoped but did not turn around. "Why?"

"Because I have nothing to lose." Ranko replied calmly.

After a few seconds of silence, "I see."

Conlone turned around to leave, "Ranma will never choose her."

The Elder stoped, "We can make him choose."

"I may not care about Ranma's happiness right now but I do care about Akane's. Do you think you could handle both of us?" Ranko stated in her calm voice still not facing the elder. Conlone just pogoed away.

x x x

When Nabiki got home that day she found Ranko in the Dojo going threw Kata's. "Has it been that bad?" She asked still in her ice queen persona.

"Worse." came the reply from the still moving redhead.

Nabiki continued to watch her for a few minutes more before placing a box down on the floor, "I'm sorry," and with that she left.

Finishing up the Kata, Ranko walked over to the box and lifted the lid. Inside there were a whole bunch of reveiling photos of her complete with negatives. For the fist time in weeks she smiled. "Thank you Nabs."

The next day at school Ukyo apologized for the way she had been acting around her and if it was possable to start over as friends.

x x x

It was a couple weeks later that she finally decided to leave. "I have an anouncment to make." She said at the dinner table. There was instant silence. Her voice haden't been heard much for the last little while. I've decided to go on a training trip."

"Why?" Nodika asked the queastion that they all were thinking.

"I need to find out who I am," she replied picking at her food. "I'm Ranma up here," pointed to her head, "but Ranma is sitting over there," she gestured accross the table. "I can't stay here and live the life that he is going to live. So I need to go and find my own way in the world."

"When are you planing on leaving?" Asked a slightly emotional Nodika.

"Tomorow probably." Ranko found herself in a glomp from her mother that rivaled the best of them.

x x x

Her sendoff was about what she expected it to be. 'Good lucks' from every one, teary eyed ones from Nodika, Kasumi and Soun. The only one not preasent from the Tendo household was Genma but he didn't really aknowlage her exsistance in the first place so she wasn't suprised, just disapointed. No matter how much of an idiot he was, she had ten years worth of memories trying to please her only constant companion.

As she had no were really in mind as to were she was going to go she just desided to take it easy and just walk along the sidewalk. After a couple of hours, just as she reched the edge of Neirma Ward and was about to pass into the Nakano Ward, she felt a familiar aura around the corner infront of her. Quickly rounding it as the signature faded from her sceanses, she was confronted with an empty street. Empty except for the knapsack sitting in the middle of the side walk. Walking up to it and fliping the top to look inside she found a couple of scrolls and a couple of envililops.

Opening the first one she read with a growing smile..


It's a hard world out there.
Here's some things that I thought might help you out.


There was no signature but she didn't need one, the other envilope had locations to known underground fighting tornaments, but the scrolls were what really gave it all away. The 'Umisenken' and 'Yamasenken' scrolls in their entirety. 'The fat bastard acually cares.' she thought with a smile.

x x x

The first tournoments were pretty pathetic and the money was not that great, but as she built up funds and got closer to the harbor, the fights were getting both more fun and more profitable. The odds were always against the little redheaded girl so she would always bet all of her money on herself and then pretend to just get by in all of her fights. Not compleately overwhealming her opponents helped in keeping her reputation from procedding her to the next tornoment.

Shaking off further thoughts she was now in the Azabu JDistrict of the Minato Ward on her way to the harbor. 'This is a pretty nice place,' thought Ranko as she passed through, 'Maybe I'll come back here to find a place to stay for the night after the fights.' She had gotten word at one of the previos tournoments that the years big pit fighting tournoment was going to be held down at the docks in a couple of weeks, but you had to qualify for it first by fighting in another tournoment first.

She was brought out of her thoughts by some one running into her head on. Reacting instantally she grabbed the assilent around the waist and spun them around making them fall onto their ass as Ranko got into a ready stance.

Blinking she looked down at her attacker and saw a girl that appered to be her age, if quite a bit taller, in a school uniform trying to get her bearings from being spun so quicklly. Seaming to snap out of her daze the green haired girl looked up at Ranko her eyes widening.

"Oh my gosh did I run into you? I'm sorry I was in a hurry." She started saying really fast. She looked down at her watch and before Ranko could say any thing, "Oh my god, I'm so late, sorry." The last was shouted as she started running away again.

Ranko watched as the girl almost ran into three other people before making it around the corner. 'Okaaaay.' She turned around and started heading back towards the docks. As she walked along she idely wondered how many more people the girl was going to hit in her mad dash to were ever she was late for.

x x x

Finally making it to an abandanded building Setsuna transformed into Sailor Pluto. Seconds later the Time Imps started to appear all around her. Smacking the first one with her staff as hard as she could it flew back and expoded agaist a wall into a ball of flames.

Losing herself in the systimatic removal of her foes she alowed her self to think back what had just happened. She was on her way home from school when she had felt the Imps coming. She couldent explain it more than that, a feeling. She had freaked out and started running as hard as she could to a place that she could transform with out being seen. She was so freaked out by the new sensation that she had ran into that redheaded girl. Back swing, up stroke, "Dead Scream."

'What the hell was in that giant pack she was wereing' she thought as she kicked an Imp in the crotch that got a little to close, 'When I raninto her it felt like hitting a brick wall.' Her musings were inturupted by a stinging pain across her back. 'One of the little buggers got me,' ame the shocked thought, 'I have to start paying more attention to my suroundings.'

"Dead Scream, Dead Scream, Dead Scream." Soon all of the Imps but one were gone. Looking down at the last Imp she thought 'Well I guess thats good to know.' The final Imp was rolling back and forth holding its groin, squealing in pain. 'I guess that is a universal weakspot.'

She brought the staff down on its head bursting into flames. Standing strait she could feel the minor scrach on her back heal itself. This being the first time hurt while transformed, 'well thats usefull.'

Now fully healed she detransformed and walked out side so she could continue on her way home.

x x x

Ranko was walking back from the docks, 'That was kind of a tough elemination tounoment.' she thought to herself. 'That means that the big tornoment will be an acual chalange."

Smileing because if she won the tournoment she would have enough money, if she spent wisely, to backpack around Japan for six months or so. Now she needed to find a place that she could stay for a couple of weeks. After looking around for a bit she came upon a park that was only a couple of blocks from a nice cozy inn. Walking into the Inn she walked up to the woman at the counter, who was turned around filing something behind the desk.

"Excuss me," Ranko called out.

Turning around exposed a very pregnant woman with long black/blue hair, "Hello, welcome to Azabu Inn, I'm Ikuko Tsukino, how can I be of service?" She said with a beutiful smile.

"I would like to get a room for the next couple of weeks if that is at all possable," replied Ranko.

"Oh certanily," answered Ikuko, "We have several rooms avalable, would you like to choose which you would like to stay in?"

x x x

Setiling in to her new room on the third and top floor of the inn, Ranko thinks on what she should do for the future. She never really thought on what she was going to do except wander around Japan and maybe go over to the mainland, find a few dojo's, and meditate on the meaning of life.

Snorting at the last one, meaning of life, she was out here to find out who she was. The one month old, seventeen year-old, girl. That last one greated on her nerves the worst. Girl, the insult of choice for the last ten years.

"What are you, a weak little girl." "Are you just going to cry like a pathetic little girl." "You'll make someone a good housewife one day girl."

She knew that her father was an idiot, even if he did show that he carred and approved of her, in his own moronic way. She even new on a intilecuall level that girls arn't weak, hard not to when she spent the last year or so surrounded buy ones that could break down walls with their fists or take on all the athletic clubs at a school all at once. But emotionally it was hard. That and seeing Ranma and Akane togeather hurt.

No use in trying to solve it right away, this is what the whole trip was for. She had tons of time in the future to think it through. 'Time to sleep,' she thought sleepely, 'tomorrow i'll check out that park and take out some of my aggreation on those punks that I saw in the park."

x x x

It had been a few days scince she fisrt had the feeling of the Imps coming and now she felt it happening every second day. This one though was different. She instincively knew that this time was going to be wourse.

'TIME GREAMLINS'

The voices and weird images and words were getting more common now to. Last night she had a dream were she was at some sort of royal ball. She was dancing with someone when a messanger came in and talked to her. She couldn't hear any voices but felt an ugancy rise up in her with what ever it was that she heard. She then raced out to the balcony seaming to transform into Sailor Pluto on the way there. Looking up to the sky she saw earth hanging there instead of the moon. With a down ward stroke of the staff, a portal opened up before her. Just as she was about to step through she was awoken by a loud ringing. Her alarm to tell her that it was time to get up.

At first she thought that these powers were cool but they were becoming a nusance. Attacks by weird creatchers, weird memories of her on the moon, and apperently the ability to bend time and space to her own uses if that portal in her dream was acurate.

She made it to a park and transformed. The same one were she received her powers she abbsentally noticed. Finding a clearing in the trees she stood and waited for them to come.

Seeing the fist Imp pop into existance she didn't see what was so different about it from the ones that she had been fighting. In fact there seemed to less of the little three foot Imps. She was about to charge them when right behind them an almost smoky haze three forms at about five feet tall. They were visually identical to the Imps, long, skinny and dark green, except that they had a foot long blade like claw instead of hands.

One cut through the Imp infront of it right in half as easy as warm butter. It turned its head and snarled at her.

"You must be the Greamlins, hehehe....." One roared.

'This is gonna suck' just a the fist one charged her.

x x x

Ranko was walking threw the Park next to the Inn as she liked to do every night since she got here. The first night she had found a ton of gangs and street toughs that thought that she was easy prey and attacked her hoping for a good time. She had a good time taking them down.

Those three at school tried to take her, and really drove the point into her that she was a her. Now relising on a emotional level what they had wanted to do to her she felt no sympathy for the type of filth that they repersented. The fights were very short but satisfying at the same time because she had no cumpultions to hold back.

The next night was even better because a lot of the groups brought their enforcers with them. They had ambushed her in the middle of the park. One of them she had reconized from the elimination tournoment. A guy that she had faced quite early and had beaten quite baddly. His eyes widned and yelled, "Its you," he then turned tail and ran off screaming like a little baby.

"Who wants some of what he had?" She said with a grin on her face

None of them were councios when she left, or had any of them escaped at least one broken limb. If they wernt defending rapist she might of felt bad about the lasting injuries that she left but they were so she left with a untroubled mind.

Tonight though it didn't seam like there were any takers. In fact the park seamed quite empty. She smirked. I guess I left them with a lasting impression. She as about to leave when she heared a roar. That dosen't sound good she thought. Running and jumping to the trees so she could get there faster she took off to the direction of the sound.

Arriving at the clearing she jumped from the last tree she took in the entire scean at a glance. Girl in short skirt fighting monsters from hell... Help destroy monsters. Landing she bend her knees and launched herself towards the monsters and belted the fist one she came accross, one of the smaller ones like a soccer ball. It flew back into a tree and exploded against it into flames that didn't seem to touch it. Blinking at how easy it was to take it down she had to intsinctivelly duck under the swip from the blade like claw that would of taken off her head, she let lose with a back kick that threw the it into one of the other big ones knocking them both to the ground but not out of the fight.

While the two the other two were down the little ones tried to attack her. Performing a spinning back kick she took down four of the basterds at once as they burst into flames were they landed. Seeing the big ones get up again she kicked the last little one at them only to see it get cut down and expode by the sword arm thing.

"Lets see you try this one on for size." She said as she crossed her arms accross her cheast and set them to absorb ki. Flinging them out she yelled...

"Kashiu Rishu Dan" While flinging her arms out as fast and hard as she could. Throwing a blade of anti-ki right at the two demons. It cut threw the first one spliting it right in half. The one behind had enough time to bring up its claws and block the attack. The claws were not however enough to stop the follow up Moko Takabisha which blasted it below the blades. 'Well I guess that I was right in thinking it to dangerus to use on a human' Ranko thought as she turned back to the other battle.

It was not going well, she could tell that the girl had a lot of streanth and spead but almost no training in the Art. Just as she was about to interveine the unthinkable happened.

x x x

Pluto was immediatly on the defensive as the first Grimlin came at her. All of the others seamed content to see how she fared against the lone attacker. It was all she could do to keep the claws away from her, parrying them with her staff.

It was a suprise when she saw the tell tale flickering of light that told her that an Imp had been destoyed she then heared a rough female voice yelling "KYA" and the ocational "HA." Seeing more flames she felt relef in that she might now be able to survive the night.

After hearing her savior yell something about demon gods and pridfull tigers she decided to end fer fight in hopes to help the other fighter. She jumped back and brought her staff down whispering the words...

"Dead Scream"

The purple orb of light impacted the Grimlin as it jumped at her. As it burst into flames from the point of inpact out the claw was able to get her in the side of her abdomen just before it to burst into flames. Falling to her knees in pain she absentelly noted that the flames don't burn at all. With that thoght darkness clamed her.

x x x

Ranko waisted no time in jumping towards the fallen girl to see what she could do. Getting to her just before she fell face first into the ground she carfully fliped the girl over. Looking at the wound she hissed. It was a deep one. She was about to tear the sleave off of one of her prized silk shirts to press against the wound when she saw the wound start to close itself.

"Sugoi..." She sat back and watched the wound compleatally heal itself and then the uniform that she was wearing heal itself over it.

"Who are you." She wispered.

TBC

*Omake*
The sludge rose up sprouting arms as it seamed to grow into a vagely human shape. Two eyes, glowing green, opened on the neckless head.

Flinging its head back it laughed, "HAHAHAHAHA. After countless eons I, The Dark Lord Talash am free. The ritchual with all of the right ingreadiants has been met and now I will rule the entire mega-verse once again." Turning around to reward the folower that he would reward for releasing him, all he saw was the head of a wooden mallet as it crushed his skull killing him instantally.

Akane just whistled to her self as she shuved the sludge/Dark Lord back into the roast pot and slid it into the waiting oven.

"Ranma's going to love the cake for his birthday I just know it." She said while smiling to her self.

A.N.
The first part of this chapter was just backstory to set up why Ranko left home. Ranma and crew probaly won't have a sinfigant part in the story for a while, if at all. The way I was origonaly going to write it was super angasty and really would have been enough to take up several chapters. I don't write angasty well so I didn't. Props to who knows who the Inn Clerk was.