Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Child ❯ A New Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: To own is to buy, to buy is to have money, sadly I have none.

A.N. Hi sorry for the wait. Just thought I would answer some questions before we begin,
First off questions about Setsuna, she in cannon was not reincarnated I changed that for my story. I was asked why she acted a ditzy when she ran into Ranko well there are two reasons for that, one is that she is much younger than the one you see in the original Sailor Moon story and she was panicked because she had just felt for the first time ever that the Time Imps were coming.
Secondly I was purposefully light on the details surrounding the separation of Ranma and Ranko, it serves no purpose to go into details beyond that Kuno had found another magical artifact and it backfired creating Ranko.
And Finally you are right, I didn’t mention Ryoga, hmmm I wonder why? :)

Wild Child

Chapter 2: A New Day


Setsuna was once again dancing with the faceless man in a fantasy ballroom on the moon. Se noticed that she could now hear some understated music in the background. She could also see that although she had no feelings for the man in front of her she was having the time of her life. Again the messenger ran in to tell her something. She still couldn’t hear what he was saying but she got the impression that something bad had happened.

Once again she raced outside to the balcony transforming into her fuku as she ran. Bringing the staff she held in her hands down she created a portal and stepped through it. On the other side was big red double door standing in the middle of nothing. Surrounding the door was countless Time Imps chaotically swarming around the larger Gremlins.

Interspaced with the Gremlins was other slightly larger creatures that seamed to have holes on there hands. Behind them all was a large shadow that spoke in the first coherent thing of the dream.

“HELLO PLUTO”

X X X

“Arahhhhh”

Setsuna woke up and sitting up at the same time. ‘That was intense,’ she thought as she tried to catch her breath. Even though she couldn’t even see what the shadow was she had an instinctive fear of who or whatever it was.

Looking at the covers of the bed that she was on she realized for the fist time that she was not on her bed looking up her breath caught again. Looking at her with blue eye’s from a chair at the foot of the bed was a redheaded girl.

Looking away slightly and with a blush on her cheeks she told her “You woke up faster than I thought, I guess that healing magic you got covers all aspects of your healing.”

‘Why is she blushing,’ Setsuna wondered ‘…and why does she look vaguely familiar

“Um.. were am I?“ Setsuna hesitantly asked, “and who are you?”

“Oh, Ranko Saotome,” She put her hand behind her head, “Sorry about that. Your in my hotel room. I carried you back here because you didn’t have any ID on you when that magic “Armor” faded away.”

‘Magic armor?’ Setsuna looked down. “EEP,” she quickly pulled up the covers. She had just been getting ready for bed when she had gotten the feeling that the creatures were coming and she was wearing the nightgown that she had bought to bug her mom. It was skimpy, black, and see-through.

“W-Was that you that helped me in the park with those monsters.”

“Ya well it’s a marshal artists duty to protect the weak,” Ranko said, “Or those in need,” she quickly added at Setsuna’s look at being referred to as weak.

“Who are you? I’ve never seen anyone get stabbed right through the stomach and have it heal with that kind of speed before. I mean I’m a fast healer but that was magic.”

Debating on weather or not to trust the girl that had saved her life. ‘ She was able to take out two of those Time Gremlins and the rest of those Imps while I barely managed to defeat the one that came after me and only then with also getting stabbed… How can I afford not to trust her?’

“I’m Setsuna Meioh,” she said, “And the form you saw at the park was me as Sailor Pluto. For the last four months I have been getting attacked by those monsters.” Taking a deep breath she continued, “ I need help, your help.”
Ranko sat back with a contemplative look on her face. ‘How can she look so calm after that explanation.’ Setsuna thought.

“You don’t know me…” Ranko started.

Jumping up and grabbing Ranko’s hand “Please, the attack tonight is the first time that I faced those big sword armed things and you saw how badly I handled them.”

She looked up into the redheads face only to see it wide eyed and a trickle of blood coming from her nose. Looking down she again let out an “EEEP” jumped back under the covers on the bed.

X X X

Setsuna, now in Ranko’s cloths, walked beside the redhead down the street towards the Meioh household. Both the teens were bushing at the memory of the little show that she had inadvertently put on for Ranko. The cloths were luckily made for Ranma’s male side so fit the taller girl quite well.

Ranko, not being able to say no to the girls passionate request for aid, said that she would help her until the creatures were beaten.

To break the silence, Setsuna tried to politely ask her, because of the nosebleed, if she liked girls that way.

“It’s complicated.” Ranko replied.

“How could it possibly complicated? Its just yes or no isn’t it?”

So she gave a short explanation of her situation including the Jusenkyo curse and the Amulet of Separation.

“So you are actually a boy up there” she asked disbelievingly.

“You turn into a magical girl and fight monsters from out of time and you can’t believe in a magical curse?”

“Well it just so fantastic a story and I am just barely accepting what I do so give me a little break.” Setsuna almost pleaded. Ranko not wanting to alienate a new friend reined in her retort.

“Were here,” Setsuna said

Looking up at the house she saw that it was normal for the Minato Ward, large, modern, and surrounded buy a stone wall.

Just before she could comment on it an older attractive woman with green hair and blue eyes came running out almost sobbing and latched on to Setsuna in a glomp that would have made Shampoo green with envy.

Setsuna merely rolled her eyes because she half expected this sort of reaction. She looked over at her new companion and saw a look of longing in her eyes. Making a note to her self to find out why later she turned her mind on how she was going to get out of this situation with her mother.

“Mom there’s no need to worry, I’m OK” she tried to reason.

Letting go of the glomp but putting her hands on her daughters shoulders in a grip that made Setsuna wince, “Then why when I went to go and check on you just before going to bed I find you gone and your window wide open?” She asked angrily, “Why are you coming home at 2 o’clock in the morning dressed in, “Looking her up and down, “in strange clothing?”

“I can explain really.” Setsuna started to panic, “I uh….”

“Well I don’t want to intrude here so I just get going, buy the way I will pick up my cloths tomorrow after school, Juban High right?” Ranko said taking the attention away from Setsuna.

Setsuna just nodded. “ah yes, um thanks for lending them to me after my others got ruined.” Turning back to her mother, “I had a friend that called me on my phone that her date abandoned her at a party and she was to drunk to get home on her own, she ah.. Got sick on my cloths when I got there.”

“Which friend was this,” asked her mother with a disapproving look on her face.

“She doesn’t want her parents to find out so she swore me to secrecy.”

“And how do you know each other?” She asked as she turned back to Ranko.

“I met them in the park that they were walking through while on a walk.”

Looking back and forth she sighed and said, “Ok I will let it go for now, but, next time you will tell me you understand?”

Looking into her mothers angry eyes she squeaked an affirmative.

“And were do you think your going at this late hour?” She turned to the slowly edging away Ranko.

“Ah going back to my room to sleep?” She said like a question.

“You are going to come inside and sleep here,” ordered the woman, “I will not have a girl like you wandering around at this time of night.”

“Its OK, I can take care of myself.”

She grabbed Ranko’s right sleeve with her right hand and started dragging her into the house backwards. “I’m sure you can, now I’m sure some of Setsuna’s old clothes will fit you so let me prepare the guest room for you.”

Setsuna watched wide eyed as a protesting Ranko tried to keep her balance walking backwards while being pulled by her mother.

‘At least let me off the hook,’ she thought as she followed them in to the house.

X X X

Ranko walked out to the back yard of the Meioh house hold at dawn and started to stretch, ‘I can’t believe how easily she just ran over all of my objections,’ she thought as she started in to her kata, ‘she just treated all of my objections like they weren’t important.’

Shaking her head in bemusement she finished her warm up she cleared her mind and started into the advanced techniques of her art and lost herself in the main joy of her life.

X X X

Emi Meioh walked into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her daughter and guest. Thinking back to the night before she thought about the obviously made up story the two girls made up between them, ’They think we parents see so little.’ Shaking her head she put some water on the stove and filled up the rice cooker. Taking out the ingredients for miso soup and started preparing them for when the water boiled.

Hearing a ding she looked over and saw that the timer had gone off for her coffee and went over to prepare a cup for herself. She sat down to enjoy coffee just as her daughter shuffled in to the kitchen, slowly moving up to the coffee machine she poured her self a cup.

She watched as her daughter brought the mug up to her lips and then freeze. She watched as her eyes widened and jaw dropped. Following her gaze she saw she was looking out the window. Getting up to see whatever had so surprised her daughter she stepped up beside her and looked out the window and froze as well.

In their yard was their guest dancing.

She could tell that it was martial arts as there were punches and kicks being thrown but with the flips sidesteps and the over all gracefulness of the moves as a whole it looked like a dance.

‘Well, I guess she was not lying about being able to take care of herself,’ she realized as she could almost feel the power in each one of her strikes.

“Setsuna dear,” breaking her daughter out of her stupor, “ why don’t you invite your friend in and see if she wants a bath before breakfast.”

Nodding slowly she walked out of the kitchen to the back door while Emi found herself wondering just what her daughter had gotten herself into.


X X X

“So Ranko, what school do you go to?” asked Emi as all three of them sat around the kitchen table eating breakfast.

Ranko, dressed in the outfit that she had lent to Setsuna the day before paused with her chopsticks. “Eh, I’m not actually enrolled in school at the moment Meioh-san.”

“I see, what do your parents say about you not going to school?”

Thinking for a moment, “I don’t think Pops cares one way or another, My mother wasn’t to happy but she understood my reasons for leaving.”

“Leaving? You mean to say you don’t live with them? Were are you living then?”

“I’m staying in a inn down buy the park at the moment,” Ranko replied nervously.

“And why did you leave home?”

“That’s kind of complicated, and personal, but I just needed to get away and find out who I am buy myself.”

“I see, well you can stay here and go to school with Setsuna here until you fell you can go back home then.” Emi said with finality.

Ranko not wanting to deal with school while trying to figure her life out, “I don’t really want to impose on you…”

“Not at all we could always use the company this house gets lonely with just the two of us.”

Ranko sighed, she thought to herself, ‘I guess I’ll just have to put my foot down on this.’ Looking her right in the eye she was about to tell her in no uncertain terms was she going to go to scho….

X X X

Ranko walked down the street again beside Setsuna but this time instead of them both wearing Ranko’s Tangs they were both wearing Juban High’s uniforms. White shirt, dark blue collar, bow and skirt. ‘At least the Furinkan High uniform doesn’t have a bow,’ she griped.

“Your mom is scary,” she said in a way to distract herself from having to wear the uniform.

“Yes, yes she is,” Setsuna agreed, “I’m very surprised by how quickly she had my old uniform converted to your size so quickly.”

“Ya, what does she do, you know, for a living?” Ranko asked no longer wanting to talk about her short stature, ‘man everything is making me depressed, I might start having to use the Shishi Hôkôdan,’ she thought to herself.

“She’s a lawyer, that’s how she out talked you into going to school.” Setsuna remarked. “In fact I believe that she knew we were lying last night about what happened.”

“Then why did she let it go?” Ranko asked curiously.

“I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong.”

“You should tell her the truth you know.” Ranko said with a introspective look on her face, “I kept the secret of the curse from her and had to hide from her in my cursed form because of a stupid promise that my father had made about me becoming a man among men. Any way she was almost killed in situation that would never have happened if she knew that it was me.”

If nothing else you should tell her incase something happens to you, your not eally protecting her by keeping you out of the loop.” Ranko said.

Thinking about what she said she thought, ‘Maybe she has a point.


TBC


OKAME
(Back in Nermia)

Ranma was walking in a park, he had been having a good day. No fiancé fight, Kuno was out sick and no rivals showing up out of the blue to attack him.

Suddenly he froze, he was having a good day that meant whatever was coming was going to be either really big or really weird. Looking around as if what ever was coming was going to come at him right away he saw nothing but he suddenly felt like he was being watched.

Just as he decided to make a run for the entrance when he heard it.

“So you are my destroyers intended! I will crush you for I am The Dark Lord Talash HAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

By this time Ranma had pin pointed the voice, it was coming from a squirrel with glowing red eyes.

“Bwahahahahaha.” Ranma was on the ground laughing,

“You dare laugh because I possessed such a small body, I’ll show you what I capable of fool!”

And with that the Dark Lord/squirrel launched it self at the prone marshal artist.

X X X

Nabiki and Akane were walking through the same park when they came upon the bizarre site of Ranma fighting a squirrel and having the squirrel holding its own. As they watched they saw the squirrel jump and grab Ranma’s outstretched hand and despite have no leverage managed to flip Ranma over its shoulder and into a tree.

Ranma immediately got up and yelled, “Is That all you got pipsqueak!! You’ll have to do better than that!” and charged back into the fight.

Nabiki looked at Akane and said, “I think we should go around and leave.”

Akane just nodded, really she wanted to help her fiancé but the two had just started to throw Ki blasts at each other and seeing a squirrel throwing energy blasts the size of a soccer ball was a little to much for her.

“Yes and lets never speak of this again.”

Nabiki agreed and the two Tendos ran leaving the battle behind them.