Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma/Knights of the Old Republic ❯ Everyday Life ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ranma / Knights of the Old Republic
Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma or Knights of the Old Republic, I only use them for making stories.
Chapter 6
Everyday Life
< >: Thoughts
**************
Koujima(Ranma) sighed as he munched on his bento while in the open park of Furinkan High, this had been one of the most...uh, well, interesting schools he ever had. Most of the time in the class room, he had to deal with various girls looking at him with dreamy expressions, with the exception of a certain short tempered girl.
He was getting used to his life here...and compared to his two years of trying to evade being caught by the Sith...and constantly fighting, this was kind of relaxing, he had made some friends, namely with a pair of guys named Daisuke and Hiroshi, it was through them that he learned that Akane was the one the whole male population was after.

Though why they were interested in her was beyond him. THAT question however was answered when he met Nabiki Tendo during Math Class.
**************

Flashback...

"Hey Kou
, How are you?"

Kouji
ma was surprised to be facing the middle Tendo sister named Nabiki Tendo. He had not been totally familiar with everyone, but it seemed that everyone knew the Tendo sisters, apart from Akane...Nabiki was named the Ice Queen of Furinkan, apparently she was a bit of a mercenary, considering that she gathered information on a lot people, whether good or bad was anybody's guess, she reminded Ranma of the slicers he met in the Republic Intel Division in his time with Mission, when the Twi'lek was his mentor in the trade of intelligence gathering.

For now however, his Force sense didn't pick up any hostile intentions with her, and from her tone of voice, she seemed only to meet him. So why not?

"Hello, are you Nabiki Tendo?"

Nabiki nodded, slightly surprised that he knew who she was, but kept that hidden from him.
"Yes, I know I'm a little bit late, but I want to welcome you here to Furinkan High School."

Ranma smiled and shook hands with Nabiki.
"Nice to meet you Nabiki, this is a lot better than the greeting I got coming here."
He answered, recalling the sudden fight he got mixed into for no reason, just what happened to his planet while he was away?

Nabiki nodded, while trying not admire the fact that his hands were rough and hard, that meant this guy worked out a good deal.
"Well, stuff like that's very common place here in Furinkan, though we have Kuno-baby to thank for that actually."

"Really? You mean the overblown windbag with the ego and the toothpick for a sword?"

Nabiki had the smile a bit, normally most guys would be intimidated by Kuno, due to him being higher up on the school social ladder, but after the quick display Kouji gave, it didn't surprise her that his opinion of the arrogant upper-classman was low.

"Well, it happened this way..."

Nabiki then told Kouji about how Kuno started the whole thing with Akane being the target of all the hormonally charged boys in the whole school, and the rule was that if any of the boys would win and beat Akane, then he would have the right to ask Akane out on a date. And that meant that for the past three semesters, Akane had to deal with hordes of boys that were driven by their idiotic desires to follow Kuno's orders, no matter how absurd it was.

"...and that's why Akane's got a SERIOUS chip on her shoulders about boys. Ever since then she's always been busy pounding the guys in the school non-stop. It's weird and makes no sense at all actually, but there's not much a lot of us can do about it."

Kouji shook his head in shock at the sheer weirdness of the whole thing...During his time in the rest of the galaxy, there were plenty of things similar to that on some worlds he visited, not to mention there were some of his male Mandalorian friends who did that, he was also aware of warrior cultures with similarities to it...but the idea of getting beaten up constantly to merely go out on a simple date...that was just plain weird.

"I see, so how do the other girls feel about it?"

Nabiki felt a bit surprised about that...throughout the whole time, no one ever asked the girls that question before.

"Well...it's..."

"HEY! STAY AWAY FROM MY SISTER YOU PERVERT!!!"
**************

End of Flashback...

Kouji gave a shrug as he thought about Akane trying to accuse him of asking her middle sister perverted questions and trying to get into her unmentionables or another. That was a slap on his face but he calmed himself and let the girl rant all she wanted until she settled for merely glaring at him and stomped off.

<By the Force...what the heck is wrong with her?>

Kouji sighed and looked as several other girls began to converge on him and ask him questions. And since they were nice and didn't act like a Boma beast was running up their rear access ways unlike a certain girl glaring at him, he answered them.
**************

On the other side...

"Just look at him!!! What to the others see in that pervert anyway? I bet he can't wait to get into their panties!!" Akane fumed as she glared at Kouji. She had earlier rambled at him, and expected him to do something that would allow her to pound him, she was dying for that to prove to him and herself that she was the beast fighter in the whole of Nerima and not him. But he merely didn't do anything and she got tired of shouting and left, still steamed up.

Nabiki sighed a bit.
"Now calm down sis, he just got here this day, you hardly know much about him."
Nabiki however thought to herself that she also had no idea just who Koujima Yamatsu was…he was a new mystery…and she liked mysteries.
<Neither do I, at least not yet that is.>

"All I need to know is that he's a boy! All boys are perverts!!!"

"Are you merely jealous that he's gaining attention from the others, and you're not getting any right now? Or that he could beat your suitors and Kuno like they were nothing but toys?" Nabiki teased her sister slightly, though there was some truth to it, ever since the declaration, Akane had become a glory and attention seeking girl who also closed her eyes and ears to the truth.

"Hah! I've beaten them so many times now! He was just lucky and his victory over that idiot Kuno was a mere fluke! I'll show him what A TRUE martial artist is capable of!" Akane said with certainty as she cracked her knuckles.

<Oh boy..all those fight have finally gotten into her head and inflated her already overgrown ego.>
Nabiki sighed as she looked at her sister. She might not know martial arts and didn't practice as her sister did, but she was cool and collected, and very analytical...traits that martial artists also needed in fights. She might not be familiar with Koujima's fighting styles, but they were lethal and precise, unlike her sister who used brute force. She was actually happy to see Kouji in their school, here was a guy who didn't bow down to either that jackass Kuno or her spoiled sister Akane...and the fact that Kouji was 6'0, well muscled, kind hearted, humble, but very strong, handsome, and tough was a plus! It was high time the two had their egos taken down a few pegs anyway in her mind.

Plus the mystery of Kouji Yamatsu was another matter, the hunky looks just added to that as Nabiki began to contact her allies in what information resources she had to find out more of Kouji
ma's back-ground through her cell phone.

***
***********

Later...

Nabiki then faced her friends and fellow snoops as they decided to see what they could gain from their new class-mate. Nabiki also wanted to check the rumor mills on how Kouji was being received by the rest of the school's population, since the large majority of the school's female population was always following him. Many female students were going to the nurse for treatment for running into walls, looking dreamily as they gazed at him, some even spilled either school supplies or whatnot whenever he would pass by them.

Unknown to them, Ranma (Kouji
ma) and Nodoka (Aya), had made legal changes and these were now authentic...not to mention Ranma (Kouji) had done some security protocols of his own with his and his mother's personal records.

"Okay, what do we have about this Kouji
ma Yamatsu...apart from the obvious?"

Ameki nodded and opened her folder.
"Well, he's a full Japanese citizen, he has a mother named Aya Yamatsu, and a father who passed away named Taka Yamatsu, a former international businessman, his mother is a working mother who is near to the completion of her doctorate in medicine. They lived once in Fuchu, but moved here in Nerima, in the family estate of the Kasami family since their respective families were close friends. The estate's at the outer areas of Nerima namely in the country, but also has access to all parts of Nerima and is near the ocean."

Yumi also opened her folder.
"He's traveled with his mother to China, America, Britain, France, Africa, and Canada. He just recently returned from a personal vacation from Rome to continue his education here in Japan. He is a practitioner of Wushu, Tai Chi, Kempo, Karate, Taekwondo, along with Battou-jutsu as well...and he has participated in various martial arts tournaments and has trained with different masters of each martial art."

"And?"

Both looked at one another and shrugged.
"And that's it."

Nabiki looked surprised.
"That's it? Are you sure there isn't anything else?"

Both girls shook her heads.
"Nothing at all, the records are authentic and our sources on the street says that he nor his mother were involved in anything that has compromised them in any fashion. No troubles with businessmen, corporations, underground fights...nothing. As far as we can see, Koujima has no record with the police...he's clean as clean can be Nabiki."

Nabiki felt something a wee bit off...she certainly didn't buy that Kouji knew only those styles of martial arts alone, the other moves he used WERE not any martial arts she was familiar with, she may not practice, but she read books and saw diagrams of the moves, blows, patterns, and other signatures and Kouji
ma's other skills DID not match any she had read. She liked mystery...and the fact that the mystery was wrapped up in a 6'0 tall frame with all the muscles in the right places and not over bulging, good manners, brains, and more was certainly a bonus!

She then checked how much she and her friends had gained from selling pictures of Kouji until she decided to ask where the young man in question was right now...she had a feeling that neither Kuno or Akane would miss the chance to pound on Kouji.

"As far as I know...he is in the gym, and the Kendo club is there right now."

Nabiki's brows furrowed a bit and smirked.
"Come on girls, I think we're about to see a very interesting match today."

**************

At the gym...

Guess who's picking a fight with the wrong person today?

Kouji have a sigh as he held the bokken in one hand and looked at Kuno with
an expression of irritation.

"Do we REALLY have to do this?"

He had done nothing more than go into the gym for his normal classes and was wearing his normal PE uniform and had gone there for his practice, though playing basketball wasn't his plan, he still decided to get into the spirit of things. He was actually starting to enjoy himself, despite the fact that two things were happening, many girls looking at him with dreamy expressions, while one girl looked at him madder than a Boma beast from Dxun, and since she was weaker than one, he paid her no mind...

But naturally a certain airhead of a samurai decided to call him out in front of the class for a challenge. He was about to decline when Kuno made an insult to his sense of honor, and that his so-called
victory was merely black sorcery and didn't count at all. Naturally, Ranma's years as a Mandalorian clan member had instilled a strong sense of honor in him and he was more than willing to cross blades with this nut.

Once he got there, he wanted to see if this guy was REALLY serious, and from the sound and look of him...he was.

"Yes! You're victory was nothing but a trick of foul sorcery, and hardly counts to me! Now you step in my domain of the sword, I will smite thee with me
righteous fury!"

Kouji rubbed his forehead in exasperation.
<This guy REALLY needs to have his brain scanned...fine, if it's a fight he wants, then let's get to this fight.>

Around the mat, were the other members of the Kendo Club, along with the other clubs, and even those who had been present for Ranma to beat to pulp after they attacked him of all people, all of them were there, along with the girls who all looked on, as Nabiki arrived as well. They all crowded to see if Kouji was good with the bokken as Kuno was. Many of the girls watched this fight, hoping that Kouji would be all right.

Akane smiled a bit, though she hated Kuno, she was willing to watch the dope as he would teach that pervert a lesson!

Nabiki on the other hand was ready to gather information from this match and maybe see if Kouji
ma had the skills to be a Battou-jutsu user.

Kuno was going to enjoy showing this
peasant the true power of his righteous wrath and why he was the finest warrior of the sword in this school...no, the district, no...the island, no...the country, no...the universe!!!

Unknown to all the watchers, Ranma had been practicing with various bladed weapons in his training days, all manner of blades from the Republic and the
Unknown Regions, Ranma had been trained with them all. Vibroswords, vibroblades, Short Swords, Long-swords, Double Bladed Swords, Double Vibroswords, Staves, Stunners, Vibrodaggers, all of them...and naturally the lightsabers, all of their various forms known to the Jedi and the galaxy, Ranma had learned them, along with Battou-jutsu.

Like Jesse
and Revan, he had knowledge of the styles involving lightsaber combat, and had varying levels of expertise in each, along with mastery. That meant he could juggle his chosen styles of lightsaber combat which ranged from basic Shii-Cho, dueling Makashi, defensive Soresu, acrobatic Ataru, offensive Djem So, balanced Niman, and the most difficult of all...relentless Juyo. Add to that the various blade combat styles he picked up with his Mandalorian friends, plus his travels and other masters...and that would mean that Kuno had just signed his death warrant had this been with steel weapons instead of wood.

Ranma decided that this will be the quickest fight in history and considering his skills, it might just well be as he got into a basic stance of his Mandalorian training, the one he modified with
his use of Battou-jutsu.

"Fine...ready when you are...this will be quick."

Kuno laughed as he also got into the basic form of Kendo, having not recognized the stance Kouji was using and assumed that he knew nothing of kendo...this will be too easy!

"Ready to fall to me?"

"Begin!" the referee shouted as Kuno charged...expecting this to be a quick match.

Kouji merely charged in and waited. Kuno attacked and expected Kouji to be out with one swing...however, all he struck was air as Kouji merely moved in such a way that to others watching he was a blur and before Kuno could even do anything, Kouji
ma's bokken lashed out with one quick motion and clogged him right on the neck, the blow was powerful enough to create a brief sonic boom and Kuno was sent sprawling into a metal basket of basketballs with a massive clang and he was hit by a falling stream of them and he fell unconscious, alive, but unconscious nevertheless.
(Ever saw the blow Kenshin gave Saito when he went Battousai on the back of the neck and head?, this was it.)

The referee looked at Kuno in shock as he checked the kendo club captain out, and saw the bruise on the back
of his neck, he was amazed that Kuno was still breathing, had that been done by a steel blade, then Kuno would have been beheaded!!!

Kouji sighed. "I win."

As he walked away, the rest of the male class gave a WIDE path for him to walk out of and only guys who came with him were Daisuke and Hiroshi, who began to chat with Kouji who smiled and talked back.

Nabiki whistled at that and gazed at the stunned expression on her sister's face and that of Kuno as he was helped to his feet, and then she sighed.
"I guess that answers the question if he knows how to use a sword. Kuno-baby's lucky this was with bokken, from the way Kou moved and fought, had that move been done with a steel sword, Kuno would no longer be using his so-called brain to work in school activities since it would be gone. I think you had better be careful Akane. Ko's not a person to mess around with."

Akane didn't say a word and that left Nabiki to wonder IF she was paying attention or did the warning merely go into one side by one ear and go out the other.

(Care to guess?)

***
***********

Later...

"Hi son, how was school today?" Nodoka asked as she greeted Ranma by the door of their house as he took off his shoes and greeted his mom with a hug.

"Fine, but I didn't know that the only way to ask a girl out on a date was to beat her in combat...did you and...dad do that? Or is this a new thing that happened while I was away mom?"
Ranma asked as he went to the other side to change.

Nodoka was surprised at that.
"No...why would any woman or man subject themselves to that outlandish and quite frankly unrealistic venture anyway?"

"I ran into that at school this morning. I'll tell you at dinner, and the food smells real nice mom, you need any help with the cooking?."
Ranma asked as he hung his school bag and took out his outer uniform.

"No dear, I'm already done, come here and tell me about this while we have dinner, and if you have any homework, please finish it."

"Yes."

Later, both son and mother chatted about his day at school while having a normal Japanese dinner and Nodoka was surprised at what she had learned about the boy named Kuno, and his recent actions towards her son. A part of her wanted to give the teen a piece of her mind...but she knew her son was more than capable in that regard, and she knew that despite his actions, Ranma would never do something evil. Ranma himself promised that and he would never break a promise...especially to his mother. He then finished his home-work and began his duties of scanning the rest of the neighborhood and also tracking local and international communications and media to keep track of things in his ship the
Ghost Warrior and also see if any ships from the Sith or anywhere else had arrived in the system...so far none.

The only regret Ranma had on this day was that he learned that Ukyo had gone on a break with her father back to where they had met to finalize the last
mortgage payment. He wanted to talk to Ucchan and make peace with her...though he wondered if she knew that he had left and his mother and him had gone into hiding?

***
***********

Fuchu...

"She's gone where?!" A young man in a school uniform asked as he looked at the young couple who were now residing in the house he had visited. They were replying back as the youth had asked them about a certain woman who used to live in this neighborhood. He came to see her one more time to settle an old score when she came here and heard some girls gossiping a few hours before...

"Yes, she's gone to Nerima and with that young man...I think is her son or what." The woman replied while the man nodded. "They were very close and I think that they were related since he acts as if she was his mother. Why are you asking?"

The youth sighed. "Nothing, just some details I have to work out, do you know their address by any chance?"

The man shook his head. "How can we? But the moving company might know where they live, you can ask them there."

As the youth left, the couple looked at him and decided to leave it up to him what do when he found the former residents of this house. The one thing that they found odd for the young man who was rather cute was the
bandolier and large metallic item he hand on his back. Why would a guy carry so many spatulas and a rather large one on his back?

Ukyo looked into the night sky and looked at an old picture of hers, the picture of happier times, with her father and her only male friend and playmate...Ran-chan.

But those days were ruined...and now all she had was the desire to pay back the one she had once called friend! She put aside the picture and took out her spatula and cut a small trash-can into two with one swing. She cried a bit, but wiped away her tears as she walked back to meet her father for their return to Nerima.

"Ranma...I will FIND you and my revenge will be over!"

**************

To be continued...
**************
Author's notes:
Well so much for Ranma…or rather Koujima's first days in Furinkan…he is getting used to be the center of attention, both from amorous female students, and from two really pissed off students. And he now has to deal with all the new things that have happened to Earth for the past twelve years. He still has to balance it all off with keeping watch over the earth just in case the Sith show up.
However…it seems that he's about to get a visit from an old friend with an axe to grind on him…how's he going to deal with Ukyo when they meet?