Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Soul Divide ❯ Ukyo Figures It Out ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Soul Divide
A Ranma One Half Fan Fiction
By Michael A. Ivins
 
Ranma, his family, friends, enemies and related characters are the creation of Rumiko Takahashi. I'm just borrowing them for my own entertainment and (hopefully) that of others. I have no money so please don't sue me.
 
This story takes place after the end of the Manga. The wedding has been tried and failed.
 
Parts of this story are LEMON (containing descriptions of sexual situations and actions, including incest). If this sort of thing offends you then stop reading
 
Chapter 8
Ukyo Figures It Out
 
When they got to the school gate Ranko hung back, pretending to be shy. As they stepped through the gates Kuno came out from behind his usual tree. He proclaimed, “Ah the fair Akane. How delightful to see you once again. I see the foul sorcerer Saotome still holds you in his thrall. Surely this is the day I will free you and the pigtailed girl from him.”
 
He began to draw bokken but Akane stepped forward and held up and hand and shouted, “Kuno, wait!”
 
The kendoist paused with his bokken partially drawn. “Fair Akane, why do interfere in my deliverance of just punishment to the foul sorcerer Saotome? What would you say to me?”
 
Akane gave the prepared story. “The pigtailed girl has left town. I don't know the details but she was called away on some kind of family emergency. She may not be back for a long while. Because of responsibilities to her family it is even possible she may never be back.”
 
The bokken wielding boy reeled back as if struck. After a moment he seemed to recover a bit. “Whither has she fled? Perhaps I could go to her in her hour of need and render aid.”
 
Akane shook her head. “She didn't tell us where she was going. She said that what she needed to do she must do alone.”
 
“Such nobility, such sacrifice," Kuno exclaimed. "I will find out where she has gone and follow her. Whatever trials now beset the pigtailed girl, she must not be allowed to face them alone. With my love to lift her spirits I'm sure there is no trial we can't face together.”
 
He would have ranted longer but at that moment he spied Ranko who had just come through the school gates. He stopped for a moment looking stunned. Finally he rushed over to the red haired girl and took her hand, bowing over it.
 
“Fair damsel, allow me to introduce myself. I am the rising star of the High school fencing world, my foes tremble at the sound of my voice. I am called the Blue Thunder of Furinkan. I am Tatewaki Kuno, age 18.”
 
In the distance there was a crash of thunder. Ranko thought to herself, “Someday I've got to ask him how he does that.”
 
The kendo champion asked, “Fair maiden, would you do me the honor of telling me your name?”
 
Hesitant as if unsure how to respond, Ranko said, “I'm… uh… Tendo Ranko.”
 
“Ranko, how beautiful a name. Surely you are named for the orchid. Such a lovely name for such a beautiful woman. Your movements are eloquent of power and grace. I must prevent the Foul sorcerer Saotome from getting his hooks into still another beauty. To prevent you from falling to such a terrible fate, I would date with you.”
 
Forgot the pigtailed girl fast enough didn't you?” thought Ranko. She felt both relieved and angry. Out loud she said, “Please forgive me Kuno-San. While I find your words flattering in the extreme, I'm afraid that I can't date with anyone right now. I am in mourning.”
 
“Oh no fair one, please tell me it is not so,” declaimed the kendoist. “What manner of tragedy has befallen you?”
 
“Out in the country, some distance from Tokyo I was out of the house on an errand. When I came home my house was in flames and neighbors were trying to put out the fire. I could hear the screams of my parents as they burned to death. I must have gone a little crazy then because I was told later that I tried to run into the burning building. Doubtless if my neighbors hadn't restrained me I would have died as well.”
 
“Your parents, burned to death?” Kuno's expression was slightly queasy.
 
Ranko nodded solemnly. “A terrible way to die.”
 
The kendo champion bowed his head. “Forgive me lovely lady, I did not mean to intrude on your grief. Are you staying with the fair Akane and her family? I did notice that you bear the same family name.”
 
Quietly, as if painfully shy, Ranko said, “Yes, Akane is my cousin. After the house burned down and the land was sold for taxes, I was left destitute. Uncle Soun was nice enough to let me come live with him and his family. How he can afford to that with so many now living there I don't know. He's such a kind man.”
 
“Indeed he is,” agreed Kuno. “Please satisfy my curiosity. You bear a strong resemblance to the pigtailed girl I was asking about earlier. She has hair the same amazing shade of red as you do. Might you be related to her?”
 
Ranko's expression was one of great confusion. “Pigtailed girl? I've known many girls who wear their hair in pigtails, but none of them had red hair like mine. I don't think I've met this girl you are talking about.”
 
Kuno bowed his head in acknowledgement. “A pity. She is a wonderful person. Your life would have been enriched by the meeting. That I may not intrude further on your grief, I shall take my leave of you.” With that he walked away.
 
Akane looked astonished. “That actually worked?”
 
Musingly Ranko said, “I know he's an idiot, a pervert and crazy, but I can't really hate him when he says such nice things about me.”
 
Ranma nodded. “I know. Well, he should leave you alone for at least a while. He's probably still going to be a pest about me and Akane. So I guess you could say it worked partly. As we're going to the same school as him, I don't think we'll ever be completely free of him.”
 
Ranko said, “At least palm tree head is away right now. That should cut down on any problems with my registration. Ok, I'm going to head over to the office. Wish me luck.”
 
Both Ranma and Akane called out, “Good Luck.” They headed inside to their homeroom. For a change they had arrived on time and didn't have to stand in the hall.
 
In the classroom several people noticed that something was different about Ranma. Most couldn't figure it out but Ukyo spotted it right away. Her Ranchan was taller and more buff. On top of that he wasn't wearing his usual red silk shirt with black pants. For a change Ranma was actually wearing a regular boys' school uniform.
 
He told them, “The curse is cured. I don't change into a girl anymore. Bring hot and cold water to lunch and I can prove it. I only ask that whoever brings the water also brings towels.”
 
Ukyo came over and demanded, “When did this happen?”
 
“Sunday.”
 
The chef felt indignant. “Why didn't you tell me?”
 
Ranma reasonably pointed out, “You know the kind of craziness that happens in my life. I'm sure you could tell I'm taller and more muscular now?”
 
Ukyo smiled and said, “You look good Ranchan. You're a real hunk.”
 
Oddly, Ranma looked like the compliment made him feel uncomfortable. He said, “Because I'm bigger now, none of my old clothes fit me. Mom took me shopping for new stuff.”
 
“So that's why you're in a regular uniform.”
 
The pigtailed martial artist nodded. “Mom said I had to do it because I don't have the excuse of random sex changes.”
 
Ukyo nodded. It did seem reasonable.
 
Ranma added, “The magic that cured the curse had some odd side effects.”
 
Before Ranma could say more the teacher called the class to order.
 
About a half hour later the vice principal knocked on the door of the classroom. When the teacher went to answer she carried on a low voiced conversation for a little while. When they finished Ranko walked into the room.
 
The teacher announced, “Class, we have a new student. Her name is Tendo Ranko and, yes she is related to Tendo Akane. Ranko-San?”
 
Ranko walked up to the head of the class and bowed. “As sensei told you, my name is Tendo Ranko. I used to live on a farm out in the country. My house burned down and killed my parents. When the land sold to pay debts I had no money, so my Uncle Tendo Soun agreed to take me in.”
 
She paused. “Because of the color of my hair (it is natural, by the way) some people have asked me if I'm Ranma's girl form. I guess Ranma can change into a girl who looks like me. Well, look for yourself. There he is and here I am. We are separate people. He doesn't change into me and I don't change into him. Besides, from what I've heard, Ranma's girl form is shorter than me and weighs less. About the hair, I don't know. My mom had red hair. I hope that settles that question.”
 
The teacher nodded. “That will be fine Miss Tendo. There is an empty desk over by Ranma. Your cousin is Right behind Ranma. I hope that will make you feel more at home in this class.”
 
When lessons began something else new about Ranma became apparent. Not only was Ranma taller and more muscular, he was staying awake in class. He was alert and paying attention. True, Ranko was also paying attention, but nobody had any history to compare to for her.
 
At lunch Ranma gave his demonstration. Everyone was impressed. However Ukyo didn't completely buy the explanation. She accepted that Ranchan didn't change anymore but she had been watching Ranko. The girl was taller and more buff than Ranma's girl side had been, but she had the same face and her hair was that same startling shade of red. On top of that she noticed some mannerisms the redhead exhibited that were very much like her fiancé. There definitely was more going on than Ranchan was telling.
 
Ukyo walked up to Ranko. It was easy because at the moment Ranma was the center of attention. “Hey sugar, I'm Kuonji Ukyo. I run a restaurant called the Ucchan's. To welcome you to Tokyo I'd like to invite you to come to my place for a free okonomiyaki. Ranma can tell you how to find the place.”
 
Ranko resisted the temptation to say, “I know who you are.” Instead she said, “It's a pleasure to meet you Kuonji-san. Ranma has mentioned you. He said you made the best okonomiyaki anywhere.”
 
Ukyo smirked, “Well, I am pretty good.”
 
Ranko looked the girl in the boy's uniform up and down and said, “It's not really any of my business, and forgive me if I offend. If you dressed up as girl you'd look really pretty.”
 
That gave her pause. After a moment Ukyo said, “With the way I'm dressed how could you tell I'm a girl?”
 
Ranko shrugged and said, “Ranma did use `she' and `her' when he talked about you. I figured you must be a girl.”
 
This time Ukyo shrugged. “It's not like it's a big secret. Everyone in school knows I'm a girl. They've all heard the story of why I dress as a boy.”
 
Ranko knew the story, but had to pretend she didn't. She said, “Maybe you could tell me the story when I come to collect that okonomiyaki.”
 
The chef smiled and said, “I'll look forward to it. By the way, you don't need to be so formal. You can call me Ukyo or Ucchan.”
 
Ranko smiled, “You can call me Ranko or Ranko-Chan. I'd say you could call me Ranchan, but I guess Ranma already has that one.”
 
Ukyo was starting to like this girl. She had a thought. “Would you mind if I call you Red sometimes?”
 
Ranko touched her hair and said, “You wouldn't be the first to call me that. Sure, I don't mind.”
 
During the rest of the school day there were still murmurs about Ranko being Ranma's cursed form somehow split off into a separate person. When she finally got to gym class she staged her own little demonstration in the shower room. When she had sufficiently proved her point that she didn't change with hot water she went back to the locker room to get into her uniform.
 
That was when a new question came up she had not been expecting. One of the girls asked, “Is Ranma your boyfriend?”
 
Ranko didn't want to tell a flat out lie on this. Instead she gave an evasive answer. “Whatever gave you an idea like that?”

The same girl said, “I saw you looking at him in class. You like him, I can tell.”
 
Hmm, some misdirection might work here. “Can you honestly stand there and with a straight face tell me that a hunky boy like Ranma isn't worth looking at?”
 
One of the other girls said, “She does have a point. If he wasn't Akane's fiancé I'd probably do more than just look.”
 
Ranko seized on that, “That's just the point, I'm not going to try and steal my cousin's fiancé.” To herself she thought, “I don't need to try, I've already done it.” Out loud she continued, “But there's no harm in looking.”
 
The one who had begun the questioning seemed to accept that. She did give a warning. “You might want to be careful about that. Akane appears to be the jealous type. If she thinks Ranma is taking too much interest in some other girl she usually pounds him with a mallet.”
 
Still playing up her role, Ranko protested, “You're saying Akane would hit Ranma if she caught me looking at him? That makes no sense.”
 
The girl shrugged. “Akane doesn't always make sense when it comes to her feelings about Ranma.”
 
One of the other girls nodded. “Yeah, sometimes she acts like she loves him and other times you'd think she hates him the way she talks about him and hits him all the time.”
 
Now genuinely curious Ranko asked, “So which is it - love, hate or something in between?”
 
Several girls laughed at that. One said, “I don't think even Akane knows that for sure.”
 
Ranko frowned at that. “I think she's gonna need to figure it out someday soon. I doubt Ranma will put up with getting pounded with a mallet forever.”
 
The rest of the girls nodded, acknowledging the wisdom of that statement. They left the locker room and went to class. Naturally, Ranko did very well at any type of athletic event.
 
After school as they walked to Ucchan's restaurant, Ranko said, “We're going to have to be careful with Ucchan. I get the feeling she thinks there's more going on than just a cure to your curse.”
 
Ranma nodded. “She always was the smartest and sanest of the fiancés. If she would just get over the whole romance thing and let us be friends like we were in the past, things would be so much better.”
 
Ranko looked thoughtful. “While she acted suspicious, I got the feeling she did want to be friends with me. Maybe she'd be better being friends with a Ranma who is a girl.”
 
“I don't know. My changing into a girl didn't seem to make a difference, but I can see your point, though. As a full time girl she might look at you like a girlfriend instead as a possible husband.”
 
The redhead looked troubled, “What if she figures it out?”
 
Ranma shrugged, “Swear her to secrecy and tell her the truth, I guess.”
 
They continued on in silence. When they walked into Ucchan's they were met by Konatsu. The male kunoichi looked back and forth between the twins. With a frown he said, “Greetings Ranma-san. This must be the young lady Ukyo-Sama told me about. Welcome to Ucchan's, Tendo Ranko.”
 
Ranko bowed back. “Thank you for your gracious greeting. Ranma has told me of you as well. You are Konatsu-San, aren't you?”
 
Konatsu cast a look Ranma. “I see. What has he told you?”
 
“Nothing bad,” reassured the redhead. “He told me that you work for Ukyo-san and that you were a highly skilled ninja. He also told me you are really a boy. I confess I find that hard to believe, seeing how pretty you look.”
 
Coming out from the kitchen, Ukyo said, “Hi, Ranchan.”
 
At the greeting both siblings turned. Immediately Ranko silently cursed herself. She hoped Ukyo wouldn't notice. That hope was in vain.
 
The chef had deliberately called out her greeting while the two were faced away from her. She had hoped to observe their reaction. Now she asked, “Should I say `Ranchans?'”
 
Ranma's face took on a pleading expression. “Ucchan, please don't do this?”
 
There was no arguing with the look of determination on the chef's face. “Both of you are Ranchan, aren't you? The `cure' you got split your boy and girl sides into separate people, didn't it?”
 
Ranko sighed and looked terribly sad. “Before either of us answers that question can I ask you to promise that you and Konatsu won't tell anyone else?”
 
Ukyo looked puzzled. “Why make it such a big secret?”
 
Ranko's expression was pleading as Ranma's was. “Please, Ucchan. If word of this gets out it could hurt me badly.”
 
The chef looked at her waitress. He looked just as confused as his employer. “Please explain what you mean.”
 
Ranko looked ready to cry and Ranma not far from it. The redhead said, “I'm putting my life in your hands. You guessed right. Before Sunday afternoon I didn't exist as a separate person. I am Ranma's girl side. My mind is a copy of Ranma's and so is my soul. We both have the same memories.”
 
Ukyo considered that for a moment. “That's actually kind of cool.”

Ranko expression turned angry, “No, Ucchan! It is not cool. The reason it isn't cool is because the law doesn't recognize the existence of magic. I wasn't born, I was created by magic. Under the law I don't even exist.”
 
The chef's eyes went wide as she considered the implications.
 
Tears were dripping down her face as Ranko continued, “Right now if someone was to walk through your door and shoot me dead he wouldn't even be guilty of a crime because under the law I'm not a real person. To me I feel like I'm a real person. I have a mind and a soul. It doesn't feel any different to me for being a copy. The way it feels to me is not a cure to the curse but being locked forever. ”
 
She turned her teary eyes to Ranma and said, “I'm so sorry Ranma, but when I first learned that I would never change into a guy I hated you. To me I was the real Ranma and you were some weird copy who had stolen my manhood away, leaving me to live out one of my worst nightmares. I realized it wasn't your fault but I still find myself feeling some resentment. You got the good side of this split.”
 
Ranma gathered his twin into his arms and let her cry on his shoulder. He told her, “I'm sorry, Ranko. I'd trade with you if I could.” Tears were dripping down his face as well, but at least he was not sobbing.
 
Both Ukyo and Konatsu felt like they were intruding on a private moment. They didn't leave, but they stayed silent to let what they now realized were two Ranmas work through this emotional crisis.
 
It was a few minutes before Ranko could gather the tattered elements of her composure. She grabbed a napkin from the dispenser on the table and began drying her face. “I'm sorry to go to pieces on you like that. It's been so hard to trying to act happy and optimistic. If I didn't have you Ranma I'd probably lose it completely.”
 
The redheaded girl looked at Ranma and told him. “Just now I was thinking that crying like that was unmanly. Hah! Like that's something I'm ever going to have to worry about any more. As things stand I should probably think of what Pop would have wanted me to do and then do the opposite.”
 
Ukyo watched the two together and how they interacted. She couldn't help feeling a searing resentment of her own. To one who believed herself in love with Ranma, it wasn't hard to recognize. Ranchan was in love with a female version of himself. She was desperately in love with him too. Maybe it was just that she was trying to cling to him as the only stable thing in her life now.
 
Did Ukyo really love her Ranchan? She believed that she did. She had been willing to put others in jeopardy to prevent Ranchan's marriage to Akane. In the end she felt justified because it was obvious the Tendo girl didn't fully appreciate what she had in her fiancé. Now Ukyo had to examine her own feelings. Did she sabotage the wedding because she wanted Ranma for herself or did she do it because she cared about his happiness and knew he couldn't find it with Akane.
 
She had heard that one of the truest expressions of love was when you put another person's happiness ahead of your own. Her Ranchan was clearly hurting and it was someone else's pain that was causing it. Was the magically created girl a real person? Ranchan seemed to think so. If the girl had told the truth she was Ranchan too, another Ranchan. Did Ukyo want to do something that would contribute to hurting even a magical copy of Ranma? She decided she did not.
 
In a gentle tone Ukyo said, “Ranch… I mean Ranko, I'll keep your secret. If anyone asks me, you're Tendo Ranko, Akane's cousin. I wouldn't do anything to hurt even a magical copy of Ranchan. If there's ever anything I can do to help, let me know.”
 
Ukyo turned to her waitress and asked, “How about you Ko-Chan?”
 
The ninja wiped a tear from the corner of his eye. “Of course I'll keep the secret. I don't think someone who is not a real person could be experiencing emotions like you did just now. If there is once thing ninjas are good at is keeping and protecting secrets. I also offer my assistance if there is ever anything I can do to help smooth your path.
 
Ranma didn't think it would be a good idea to tell Ukyo that he was a magical copy just as much as Ranko. If Ukyo were to learn that the “real” Ranma was dead they would probably lose whatever sympathy the chef was willing to give now. He simply said, “Thanks Ucchan. Look, She's in bad shape right now, I think I should get her home.”
 
“Are you ok?” Ukyo asked.
 
Ranma took a deep, shuddering breath. “Not really, Ucchan. The last couple of days have been really stressful. I don't think I can see it getting any better for a while. I just want to thank you for being a friend.”
 
You mean for not pressuring you on the fiancé thing,” She thought bitterly. She would still help. Out loud she said, “Before you go, I promised Ranko a free okonomiyaki. Did you want to stay long enough to eat it? Of course I'll make one for you too Ranchan.”
 
Ranko hesitantly asked, “I don't want to impose on you, but could we get those to go?”
 
Trying to sound cheery, Ukyo said, “Sure, no problem.” As she moved to pour batter on the grill, she told herself it was too soon to think she'd lost Ranchan. It did sort of look that way, but Ranko had only been around for a couple of days. Maybe what she saw passing between them was some simple infatuation that they would get over in time. She hoped that was the case, but she doubted it.
 
A short while later, Ranma and Ranko were walking home. They were nibbling on the okonomiyaki as they went. They were hoping to finish them off before they got to the Tendo home. Although Kasumi would not be likely to take offense, they still had no wish to hurt her feelings.
 
“Oh, that reminds me,” exclaimed Ranko. “I was going to tell you something last night but you were kissing me as soon as I got through the door and that sort of drove other stuff out of my head.”
 
“Oh?”
 
The redhead nodded. “As I was going down the hall to your room, I ran into Mom. She looked over at the door of Kasumi's room and told me, “You aren't the only person who has a lover.”
 
Ranma took a moment to consider that. “Kasumi is mom's … lover?”
 
Ranko agreed, “That's what mom said.”
 
The boy seemed to be struggling with the idea. “Well, considering who I'm sleeping with, I can't say that what they're doing is bad or anything. It's just that if I was going to make predictions of who anyone would end up with, Mom and Kasumi is not a matchup I would have expected.”
 
The redhead nodded. “I know what you mean. But you were saying something about how the weirdness in the house is still getting weirder all the time.”
 
Ranma gestured for her to continue. “Well, I'm not sure why Mom told me about this. She said that after she left her room she thought she heard someone else go in. Then she heard Ms. Hinako do her draining attack on Pop. When she stepped out of the room all she had on was this really short robe. She went back toward Mr. Tendo's room.”
 
Ranma had an expression of shock on his face. “Ms. Hinako and Mr. Tendo?” He looked down at the food box he was carrying. “I think I just lost my appetite.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Think about it,” he suggested. “Even with her biggest draining attack, Ms. Hinako usually only stays adult for a short while. If Mr. Tendo is having sex with Ms. Hinako and starting when she's adult, unless they really rush through it, she'd change back to child form before they could finish.”
 
The girl looked a little green herself. “Ranma, that's disgusting! That would mean Mr. Tendo was having sex with an 8 year old girl. I don't care if she is an adult inside and wants it, that's just wrong.”
 
She stopped and thought. “Mom didn't say anything about stopping them. I don't know if that was because she didn't see anything wrong in it or if she didn't understand the implications.”
 
Ranma let out a big sigh. “If Mom knows and chooses not to stop it, then I guess we'd better not get involved either. It might be a good idea to talk to Mom to find out if she knows how Ms. Hinako's little `problem' works.”
 
Sounding distracted, Ranko repeated, “Her problem…”
 
Suddenly she looked in Ranma's eyes and they said in unison, “The Soul Jewel.”
 
Ranma went on, “Considering what it did to… I mean for us, it should be able to fix Ms. Hinako's problem. It would likely build a new body somewhere in age between her child and adult forms.”
 
Ranko guessed, “That would probably make her a teenager, about our age or maybe a little younger.”
 
“That sounds about right,” agreed Ranma.
 
Ranko responded, “At least that way Mr. Tendo wouldn't be a pedophile for having sex with her.”
 
The boy nodded. “The first chance we get to talk to Ms. Hinako in private we need to give her the story of how we got split and what Cologne told us about the Soul Jewel. We won't try to force anything on her, just offer it to her.”
 
“Yeah,” said Ranko. "We tell her what it did for us and suggest that it might be able to help her with her problem. If she did it she wouldn't be able to drain people, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't like doing that anyway.”
 
The pigtailed boy said, “I think it is going to be very important to do something about Akane.”

Ranko's mouth dropped open and her eyes went wide. “If she found out us or Mom and Kasumi or her Dad and Ms. Hinako (especially about her dad and Ms. Hinako)…”
 
Ranma completed, “…Miss `bash all perverts' will probably try to kill all of us. I think we should talk to Mom, Kasumi and Ms. Hinako and ask them to help with matchmaking. If Akane is dating some guy, she should spend less time obsessing over about other people's perversions.”
 
“Or…,” said Ranko, “Maybe she just needs to get laid. It might teach her that a little perversion can be fun.”
 
A sudden thought occurred to Ranma. “Do we know what her tastes are? What if all of that, `I hate boys' thing is because she prefers girls. Hmm, how would we find that out? I doubt she'd give an honest answer if we just asked.”
 
“She'd probably hit you with the mallet for asking.” Ranko snapped her fingers. “I've got an idea. We still have those magazines Pop used to teach us about sex. Even if most of them are hetero, there were a few lesbian ones because Pop said some guys like watching girls doing each other. If we leave some of those out where Akane could find them, we watch to see which ones she just tosses and which ones she actually takes time looking at.”
 
The boy grinned, “I get it. If she's more interested in the hetero magazines then it's more likely she'd be into sex with guys and if she really studies the lesbian ones, she'd be more likely to like doing it with another girl. If we can find that out we can target our matchmaking better.”
 
They walked on. Ranko was mostly recovered from her earlier emotional distress. She didn't normally get like that. Maybe it had something to with being a girl with female hormones. Maybe that was making her feel her emotions more strongly. For now it would do as a theory to work from.
 
Author's Note: In response to Hiryo's review, I would mention that I don't haven't read the volume of the manga where Hinako uses the fighting fish. I only read one fanfic where that was mentioned. At the time I thought that was the invention of the fic's author rather something from canon. Re-writing this story would be a chore and I prefer for Hinako's condition to be as already described.
 
Thanks to some time spent on other projects, I'm over the writer's block I had and I've started to write some more new scenes for this story. I already have an ending in mind and need to write some scenes between this chapter and the end.