Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Where Hearts Meet ❯ Where Hearts Meet 02 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Where Hearts Meet

Chapter Two

Shin turned up the radio to try and block out thoughts of the morning. He was almost there and wanted to be there sooner. Although, he had a few more miles to go and the thoughts were making their way back.

Okay, sure I lied. I was making a life out side of my friends and for a while it was working. Then I met him and things got even better. Up until the last few days. My pain was fading and the fact of what happened wasn't so bad. Every touch and smiled seemed to melt every thing bad in my life. In fact he still makes things that way. I just don't understand why I'd be dreaming of what happened now.

Sure, it hurts knowing that my love and I wasn't good enough. I thought that every thing we had was sacred and couldn't fray. I thought that our ties were enough to keep us from seeping through the cracks that love couldn't fill. Although, I know now it wasn't true. I thought that you would make my theory of love untrue, Ryo.

That it was just an emotion that I could live with out. You have only proved to me that I can live and love is an addiction to me. With out love… my world seems so empty. Even though I have some one I care for with my soul. I feel like I'm broken. In love… I can't figure out who let whom down. Did you let me down… or was it me all along? Whichever it was… I have found some one who wants what you didn't. Even with a tattered heart. He could feel his heart get lighter as he pulled in the driveway.

Opening the door he flipped the light on. It was so much like him to stay in the dark. Even though he loved the light. Looking around he noticed he wasn't even up yet. Going into the bedroom he saw him sleeping soundly and all he wanted to do was crawl in and feel him close. Shin let out a small gasp as he seen him wake up.

"Did I wake you? I know I'm a bit early." Shin asked as he sat on the bed.

"Not at all, love." He said as he sat up and uncovered.

"Are you expecting company?" Shin asked as he heard an engine shut off.

"Just you… could you check the door? I want a shower."

"Sure." Shin said as he gave him a quick kiss and left to get the door.

"I won't take long."

"All right." Shin answered back as he opened the door. Only to stand in shock.

"I need to talk to you." Ryo said giving him a signal to step out side. "Please?"

"You didn't follow me did you?"

"It's not the point, Shin. I just really needed to talk to you."

"What about?… Couldn't it wait until I got home?"

"No, Shin. I know it's really late for an apology about what I did. It was wrong I admit it. "

"Wrong… "

"Let me finish before I lose my nerve." Ryo said starting to feel anxious.

"Shuu and I have been talking. He made me realize that you were the one I wanted. So, he broke up with me. Shin, I know I did every thing the hard way, but now I know it was you all along. Shuu knows that since that day you and he haven't been close and I know now that I love you. If there's any way possible… "

"Morning, Ryo."

"Rajura… " Ryo said as things started to click. "You been seeing Rajura?" He asked looking back at Shin.

"Is this a bad time?… I'll be inside." Rajura said shutting the door.

"You could have said hello. This is his place, Ryo."

"Out of every one… why him?"

"Why, not? I told you that you wouldn't be thrilled."

"I think you could have found some one else. What else have you been hiding from us?"

"I'm happy with him, Ryo and I'm not hiding any thing else."

"I don't believe you." He said in disgust.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Look at you, Shin! You been avoiding Shuu and I. You been leaving the house every single chance you get. You have been seeing one of them behind our back! You've been gone so much that we don't know if you really are one our friends or a passer by visitor! You've changed, Shin, from whom we used to know. You hardly ever smile any more and... "

"What do you want me to do about it, Ryo? I'am who I'm and I can't change that fact. If I have changed then its some thing I can't undo. If you want the old me back you won't find him. I'm not the same person I used to be."

"Then I guess I'm just kidding myself and wasting my time. We've been putting up with you for months now and frankly… we're tired of it. They won't come right out and tell you. So, I will. Since you seem so determined to stay away and not know us. Then stay away from us. You rather not be with us then don't. Come back only to get your things. I was a fool to think I wanted you back, because as you said. You're not the same person I used to know."

"Even that wasn't good enough for you."

"I mean it Shin. If I catch you back after you got your things… "

"I don't have any thing there of importance."

"Fine… " Ryo said as he walked away.

Shin watched him pull out of the driveway and went back inside. Where Rajura was waiting for him on the couch.

"I have a feeling that didn't go well."

"It looks like I'm not allowed back there again."

"Shin… I love you, but… "

"But what? Don't worry I don't plan on moving in on you or any thing."

"It's not that. When you and I started out. We both knew I was going to have to go back sooner or later."

"I know… " Shin said as he sat next to him and let him put his arms around him.

"I hate to leave in a time like this."

"It's okay."

"Still… if we weren't so, if we didn't have the, I just wish you and I could stay together." Rajura said holding him tighter. "We both knew this was only going to last so long. Even though it hurts. I know I loved you every minute we were together." He added.

"Same here… I regret nothing between us." Shin said trying to keep tears from escaping.

"What about Ryo and your friends?"

"I don't know."

"I could see it. Ryo still cares for you. Is that why he was here?"

"Yes, but he changed his mind again. Only now he doesn't even want me there."

"Time will heal every thing, love." Rajura said as he tilted his face to look at him.

"You won't forget me will you?" Shin said as Rajura traced his face with his fingertips.

"I couldn't. You mean too much to me. I'll always remember you, because you were the one who was with me. When I was most alone and made me not alone. You were the one who made me smile again. You made me happy to be who I'm. When I thought that was the worst sin I have ever done. I was only given enough time here to find myself again. Now that I have to go back… I feel like I have been crushed all over again. Leaving the one that brought me back from the darkness. Makes me curse the fates and you. Leaving you like this… I don't know if I can bare it. My soul wants to bring you back with me and make sure you're happy and not alone, but I know it can't be that way."

"Don't worry about that. You won't have to worry about me my love. I can always manage through things some how. I'll always keep you in my heart. So, when you think of me. Know that I will always love you, because you never really get over a love and mine for you. Was a strong one indeed." Shin said a started to kiss him.

Relishing every touch he tasted and imprinting it on his memory. Never wanting it to end or fade away. He was the one who picked him up after the fall and pasted him back together. After Ryo, there was only Rajura. Holding him as he did now. Sharing their heartaches and pain. Only wanting a moment of peace in their lives. Wanting only a moment of sadness to melt away.

They were both wanders in the darkness after a moment of torture of heartache. Finding each other in the same place and knowing the same tears. Six months of each other and their time had come to an end. Both knowing it was going to come sooner or later. Whether they were ready or not. Meeting with heavy hearts and tears… leaving the same way.

Breaking the kiss Rajura traced his features one more time and said. "I lost my lighter last night. Could you… buy me a new one?"

"Any thing, love." Shin said as he got up.

"Is there any thing else you might want?" Shin said standing at the door.

"Just you, love." Rajura said as he went into the bedroom.

Shin smiled as he watched him leave from his sight. His heart felt like it stopped and a tear burned its way down his face. He knew he wasn't going to be there when he got back. After all good-byes were never either of their fortes and he never had a lighter.