Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Where Hearts Meet ❯ Where Hearts Meet 04 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Where Hearts Meet
Chapter Four

Ryo's heart felt like the vice that was holding it. Had slowly unscrewed and let his body relax a little. Although, he tried he couldn't sleep. So, he sat against the headboard thinking about things. That he had tried to push aside and not think about. Things he could never say out loud to any one.

He's home…. Finally he's back, but will he stay here? Or have I driven him so far away. That we have lost him forever? I couldn't bare it if that's what I have done. I have already hurt him… I swear I won't do it again, Shin. I swear it! All I ever wanted… was for you to be happy. So, if you leave me again. I'll understand, but I don't think I could go through losing you again.

Why is it every thing in my life seems to slip away! Why? My mother, my father… school friends and now, Shin. I've tried and tried but there's nothing I can do. All I can do is do my best to protect the remaining friends and those I call family I have left. That's all and nothing more.

Ryo could finally feel his eyes starting to feel heavy and slid down in bed: rolling over in the covers.

I let myself fall in love with, Shin and look what happen. I ended up with his best friend and ruined every thing we ever had together. What do I have to do to show you how I really feel? To show you that I truly love you and you are beyond good enough if not twenty steps better! I guess I don't really deserve you. So, I guess it would be better off for all of us if I just keep my boundaries with you. I'll never let myself cross that line of friendship with us again. Since, all that I can seem to do is hurt you… you deserve so much better. So… much, better than me. He thought fading off into sleep with a heavy heart once more.

In the morning, Ryo tracked his way downstairs to find some breakfast. To his surprise, the others were sitting at the table already eating quietly. As soon as he walked into the room: Shin got up and went over to the stove. Where he started to dish up a plate.

Looking to the others. Ryo asked forming words that had no sound. 'Does this mean he's back?' He asked as he sat down.

Shuu shook his head 'yes' slightly as Shin turned around and put the plate in front of Ryo. Then sat down and began to finish his meal.

"Today I have to go back to… Rajura's place and get my things." Shin said into his plate.

"Would you like one of us to come with you?" Touma asked setting his fork down on the plate.

"If you wouldn't mind, Touma?" Shin said as he suggested him to go with him.

"Sure, thing. When would you like to leave?" Touma asked as he got up and put his plate next to the sink.

"As soon as I get my coat." Shin said not finishing his plate and leaving it there.

They watched as they left out the door: not saying any thing as they did. Suddenly the house seemed empty again.

"Well, he was in a hurry." Shuu said breaking the silence and let his plate bang in the sink.

"I'm sure he just wants to get it over with." Seiji said getting up from his chair.

"Did he have any thing to say about coming back?" Ryo asked before they had a chance to leave the room.

"Actually no. He just started picking up his routines." Shuu said as he stood in the doorway.

"That and he rearranged how Touma had all the cupboards in here." Seiji added.

"It will be good to have him home again." Ryo said as he started to play with his food.

"It'll be good when things are back to normal." Shuu said as he left.

"You know, Ryo. All isn't lost with him. Just give him some time and he'll be ready for another try with you."

"That would be nice, but I made a decision to let it be."

"Why? He does love you and you still love him."

"When he said he wasn't good enough… it's actually the other way around. That's the truth."

"No… it isn't. Although, I can't tell you anything you don't want to believe."

"Then why would he want me back? Sure he came home, but that doesn't automatically mean he wants me back either."

"True, but he never said he didn't." Seiji said putting his coat on. "I'm going for my run. Be back later, Ryo."

"Alright… " Ryo said still playing with his food as the door shut.

#####################################################

"So, how do I know when some thing is yours?" Touma yelled from the other room.

"Every thing is mine, Touma. Rajura took what little was his when he left." Shin yelled back from the bedroom.

"Okay, next question… What am I suppose to put them in?" Touma asked looking at the living room and kitchen areas.

"There's some boxes in the couch."

Touma stood there a second examining the couch. Wondering what he meant by that.

"The top under the cushions comes off."

"That's makes a little more sense." Touma said to himself walking over to it and pulled the cushions off.

Shin sat on his bed staring at an envelope that lay on the bedside table. That happen, to not be there when he last was. He wasn't sure if he wanted to open it or not. Was it from Rajura? That was the only answer he knew of. He also knew that it was his handwriting on it directed to him. He didn't write sloppy. Every stroke of the pen was concentrated and direct. It reflected his personality.

So, what did it say? What did he want to tell him? Was it dreadful or was it sentimental? Did he want to know? Of course he did, but he was afraid to know what it was exactly. He was trying to start over with his friends and if he came back into his life. It would mean that the same thing could possibly happen again. The drifting apart and leaving was some thing he didn't want to repeat. Although, he couldn't turn his shoulder on him either. He had to open it. There was no other choice.

He grabbed it and began to open it. He could feel his heart start to beat faster and fingers start to shake. Little by little the paper ripped and he unfolded the paper that was inside.

Shin, my love…

When I left to go home. I realized it was a mistake. I know we were suppose to break it off from the start, but every moment I spent with you. Made me grow fonder and deeper in love with you. Since I left you there that day. There hasn't been a day or moment that has passed by I haven't thought of you. The days seem to never end and the nights are so cold with out you by my side.

Through every thing… you were there for me. You held me tight when I felt so alone and scared. You comforted me when I felt lost and confused. You were the one to wipe away the tears that stained my face and made me whole once again. At one time I remember that I was there for you. Doing the same with you and went through it when you did. You brought me back from the darkness I lived in.

Then I finally decided that I had to see you… if only for a moment. When I came home, you were gone. I don't know if you have gone back to them. I don't know if you still feel the same for me as I do you. I don't know if I only missed you and I don't know if you patched things up with Ryo. Forgive me for coming back like this. I just couldn't help it this time.

Since, I don't know what the situation is with you and your friends. I can't ask certain things of you. Although, you know the lake that's behind the mansion that they live in. If there is any bit of love left in you for me. If you could grant me one wish. If you still see the night sky reflecting off the waters as we once did. Could you do this for me? Meet me on the South side of the lake when the moon is at it's highest. I need to see you again and hear your soothing voice once more. There is some thing I need to ask you that would be wrong to ask through a piece of paper. Some thing I been wanting to ask from the first time I ever laid eyes on you. Please?…

Rajura