Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. One/Chap. Three: Dance Show ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The first week at Rome University was pretty odd. Yuri found herself in a hectic whirlwind. It all started after her English class. She was leaving her class when she saw Minako and Rei standing in front of her smiling. Yuri looked at them confused.
“Hi…guys…” she said uneasily. “What's going on?” Minako moved in closer to her face.
“Are you Shoji Yuri?” she asked her in excitement. The new girl became really nervous.
“Yes,” she said in a small voice. “Why?” Minako grabbed her tightly by the hands.
“Congratulations!” she called. Yuri was confused now.
“Why?” she asked. Rei and Minako looked at her surprised and lost.
“Well haven't you heard?” Rei asked. The new girl shook her hand confused. The other two girls stared at each other shocked.
“Come on!” Minako said aloud to the girl. Then, they dragged her right down the hall.
“Hey!” Yuri cried out. “Slow down! Where are you guys taking me?!?” The three girls came to the bulletin board. Rei showed Yuri the pink and white flyer on the board. This is what it read:
 
Autumn Festival Dance Show
 
August 31st, 2010
 
Pumpkin Auditorium
 
Dinner with the Show
 
19:00-23:00
 
After Party @ Midnight
 
Dancing Cast:
Ana Abate
Minako Aino
Cecily Albini
Dorothy Anderson
Lucy Carmichael
Leonardo Ciccone
Britney Emwell
Julie Gallo
Lena Hinson
Shannon Lewis
Angela Inventia
Miki Maffei
Jessica Mosca
Yuri Shoji
Rachel Weizz
 
Musicians:
Rei Hino: Lead singer/solo
Michiru Kaiou: Violin solo
Chorus class
Rome orchestra
Director: Lena Hinson and Angela Inventia
 
Yuri stared at the flyer shocked. “Me?” she asked in shock. “Me… in a dance show?”
“Not only that,” Minako added. “But you're the main role!” That did it! Yuri fainted pale to the floor. Minako and Rei looked really confused and worried.
“Yuri?” Minako asked. “Yuri?” She lightly tried to shake the girl awake.
“Just leave her be,” Rei said. “She'll come to.” Minako turned to her.
“You think it was the excitement?” she asked her friend. Rei just shrugged.
“So how long until she wakes up?” the blonde asked.
“Dunno,” Rei said shrugging. Both girls waited in silence
 
Dance Show
 
Yuri came to hours later. She found herself in the main gym. The poor soul looked around confused. All of the dancers were all crowded around her. Yuri really began to freak out. She wanted to scream out, but couldn't. Her voice was lodged in her throat.
“Okay, okay!” a voice yelled out. “Back off of her! Let the girl have some air!” Everyone looked up and saw Lena coming towards the group. All of the dancers cleared the way. The director made her way to the star. She looked down at Yuri with care.
“You okay now?” Lena asked her. Yuri nodded at her confused. The director smiled at her.
“Great!” she chirped aloud. Then she turned to the other dancers.
“Okay guys!” Lena called. “From the top! We'll work with the star later!” Everyone took their places. Yuri was about to get up when Lena stopped her.
“No, no!” she said. “You sit there and rest, Yuri. I can't have you fainting again during practice.” The girl nodded uneasily as she sat back down. Lena turned back to the group.
“Okay everyone!” she yelled. “Start the first dance!” The dancers all got to work. Yuri watched in confused excitement. She still wondered why she was still here. She never wanted any attention on her at all. But now she was the star of the show.
“How did this happen?” Yuri asked herself aloud.
“What do you mean?” a voice asked her. The new girl looked to her left. Another girl was sitting inches from her. She was a pretty girl. Her hair was long and dark red like a blood jeweled tapestry. Her skin was flawless and olive tan. She had on her school uniform as well. Yuri couldn't pull her attention away from the girl's light pale baby blue eyes.
“Uh…” she said at last. “How did I end up being the star of the show?” The other girl shrugged.
“Lena's latest crush, I guess,” she replied. Yuri was really confused now.
“What?!?” she asked in shock. The girl shrugged at first. Then she looked around for a bit and leaned in.
“Lena plays for both teams,” she whispered. Yuri was still confused.
“What do you mean?” she asked. The other girl looked at her surprised. “She's more naïve than she looks!” she thought. She drew in a deep breath.
“Lena likes boys,” the girl explained. “But, she thinks girls are much better in bed with.” The Japanese girl looked at her surprised. The other girl smiled at her and held out her hand.
“I'm Angela, by the way.” she said. Yuri lightly bowed her head first before she shook her hand.
“Yuri,” she said.
“I know,” Angela replied. There was a pause of silence for a moment.
“So…” Yuri spoke up again. “Lena only picked me because she has a crush on me?”
“Yep!” Angela replied. The new girl was in shock now.
“But…” she said. “Why? I'm straight! And I don't even want to be in the show!” Angela just shrugged again.
“You're new and innocent, I guess,” she answered. “But it's no use arguing about being here.”
“Why is that?” Yuri asked.
“She won't listen,” Angela answered. “Once she's in control of a project or anything like this, it's her way or your pushing up the daisies.” Yuri was now slightly pale.
“And how do you know all of this?” she asked. Angela smiled at her with a small little smile.
“I love and hate her,” she replied with a shrug. “Lena's a bad habit that I can't quit.” Yuri nodded uneasily. She suddenly had some serious doubts now.
“Yuri!” a voice yelled to her. The new girl looked up quickly. Lena and the other dancers were eyeing her. The director was smiling at the star.
“Come on now,” she said. “It's your turn now.” Yuri looked around nervously. She looked at Angela again. The other girl just shrugged.
“No use fighting her,” she seemed to say. “Just go with her until the end.” Yuri just swallowed hard and rose to her feet. She walked to center floor as if walking to her execution. Lena smiled at her brightly.
“Great!” she said. “I'll walk you through the steps. Just watch me.” Then, the director began the dance. Yuri watched closely. That was all she could do for the moment. This was going to be a long rehearsal until the night of the show!
Spice Up Your Life