Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. One/Chap. Four: I Am the Diva ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The production of the Autumn Festival Dance Show was going great so far. Yuri was slowly warming up to being the star. (She still wasn't used to it though!) But however with art and group projects come problems. A dance show is no exception to the rule. But, we'll get to that later. Now for some lovin'!
Usagi waited in her dorm. Classes in Italy were tough. Sure she wasn't a great student. But her friends helped her get far to university. However, it didn't stop in Japan. Ami ended up in the exchange student program. Then, Rei joined weeks later. Next was Makoto. She scored into the exchange program. There were only Minako and Usagi left to fill the final slots. Minako got in after taking the test a second time. (She was only one point away from getting into the program.) Now all that was left was Usagi.
It was tough, but she made it. Her friends were on her ass like a horse. Usagi hated it, but it was all worth it in the end. So now, here they were. And boy was it rough! Lucky for Usagi, she had found the perfect cure here.
Suddenly, the dorm door was unlocked. Usagi looked up in excitement. “She's here!” she thought happily. Usagi quickly rose to her feet. The door opened wide. Rei stood in the doorway smiling. She looked as beautiful as she always did. Seeing that angel's face could turn a crappy day into a bright day. Rei smiled her sexy smile at her girlfriend.
“Hey there, Usagi-chan!” she greeted her in a tantalizing way. Usagi rushed over to her lover and kissed her deeply on the lips. Rei happily kissed her back. They had been in a secret relationship since their freshman year of high school. Usagi was bisexual and loved Rei as much as she loved Mamoru. However, stubborn pride always stood in the way of love. They constantly fought. But one fight in particular revealed their true feelings to each other.
It was back in the summer of '91. The girls were all about to enter high school. Rei and Usagi were arguing upstairs in Usagi's room. It was one of the usual dumb arguments. More and more words were being yelled out. Then came the million dollar question.
“Why are you such a stupid flake?!?” Rei shouted at the blonde.
“Why are you such a bitch to me, Rei?!?” Usagi whined/yelled.
“I asked you first!” the fire girl yelled.
“Answer me!” the blonde barked back. Rei really lost it there. She didn't even know what happened next.
“Because you never give me a chance to tell you that I love you!” she screamed.
“Well you never give me a chance to tell you that I love you!” Usagi yelled back. Both girls paused in shock. At that moment, their true feelings came out of the blue. They could barely speak at all. Usagi was red in the cheeks.
“Really?” was all that she could say. Then, Rei rushed forward and kissed her on the lips. They ended up making out on the bed while their friends were still outside. And the rest was history.
The couple lightly broke off the kiss. They stared romantically in each other's eyes.
“You're here!” Usagi said happily. “How was rehearsal?” Rei sighed aloud stressed.
“Hectic!” she replied. “Lena and Angela are fighting for control.” Usagi noticed her face. Rei was looking slightly worried. This wasn't going to be a good one this time.
“How bad?” Usagi asked nervously. Rei just sighed again.
“Like how we used to be,” she replied. Usagi giggled. Rei suddenly felt better.
“How were classes?” she asked.
“Hell!” her girlfriend replied.
“Aw!” Rei said as she hugged her. “Want to talk about?” Usagi shook her head.
“Aw!” Rei said again. Then she kissed her on the forehead lightly.
“I have a test in all of my classes next week!” Usagi blurted out. Rei lightly stroked her hair.
“The dance show is in three weeks and we're way behind schedule!” she said. “If Lena and Angela don't get their act together soon, we're all going to be screwed!” Both girls sighed again. Then, Usagi came up with a great idea.
“Rei,” she said to her girlfriend.
“Hm?” the fire girl asked. Usagi looked at her smiling.
“Let's go away together for the weekend!” she chirped. Rei looked at her surprised.
“What?!?” she asked. Usagi looked at her smiling.
“Oh come on!” she encouraged. “We before need a break from school and tomorrow is Friday. So we can leave after class. So what do you say?” Rei stood there staring at her blankly. She was thinking about that proposal for a heavy moment.
“I'm not sure,” she began uneasily. “What about rehearsals?” Usagi kept her innocent smile.
“Aw come on, Rei!” she pleaded. “We really need a break. You can just tell them tomorrow that you have sore throat and need to rest up for the weekend.” Rei was still not so sure.
“I don't know…” she said.
“Pleaseeeeeeee!!!” Usagi pleaded with her sweet little baby eyes. She had her girlfriend sold! Rei sighed with a little smile.
“All right!” she said. “I'll come away with you this weekend!” Usagi looked at her happily. She leapt up onto her lover and kissed her as a thanks. Rei smiled happily to herself as she kissed her back. Anything to make the dumpling-head happy. Anything to make the dumpling-head happy.
 
I am the Diva
 
Now, back to the dance show. Everything was going good at first. Yuri was almost used to being the star. She even learned the moves just perfect. Yep, everything was going just fine. Then an ugly little thing called ego came between Lena and Angela.
It all started over Yuri's costume. Lena was talking with the set designers when Angela came storming into the art room.
“LENA!!!” she yelled out. Everyone in the room looked up at her. The director smiled at her innocently.
“Yes?” she asked. Angela slammed a design book on the desk.
“You bitch!” she screamed. Lena looked down at the design book. The page was open to Yuri's costume design. The dress was red and strapless. The corset-style top was low cut to show heavy-duty cleavage. The skirt was long in the back and revealed the front completely. The only thing covering the front was a mini red underskirt. The rest of the skirt was completely sheer. The dress was tight to the model's body. Plus, there was a huge red bow in the back. Lena looked up at her innocently.
“So,” she said. “It's Yuri's costume. What's the problem?”
“It's not what we agreed on!” Angela snapped. Lena tried to play dumb and innocent.
“It isn't?” she asked like a blonde. Her co-director looked very pissed off. She didn't believe her at all. Angela didn't believe her at all. Angela knew Lena too well after all.
“No!” she barked. “We agreed on this one!” Angela flung the catalog over a few more pages. Lena looked down at the design of choice. The dress was white and simple. Lace was its only material. The dress was strapless and came just above the model's knees. Lena looked at Angela smiling.
“Oh that one!” she said causally. “I changed it.”
“Why?!?” Angela said trying to stay calm. Lena shrugged.
“I need Yuri to stand out more.” she replied. Angela's anger flared.
“But she doesn't want that!” she shot back. “We agreed on that!” Lena shrugged again.
“Changed my mind!” she replied. Angela was really pissed off now.
“Without my consent?!?” she yelled.
“Yeah!” the director replied. Angela was breathing hard now. She was trying her best to keep herself calm enough to think.
“Tell me you didn't send in your pick to the costume people already!” she pleaded trying to remain calm. “Tell me you didn't do that at least!” Lena just smiled and shrugged at her sometimes girl-toy. Angela really lost it there.
“Great!” she snapped harshly. “Now Yuri's going to be a slut with all unwanted attention on her!” Lena smiled at her wickedly. She stepped closer to Angela. The co-director quickly became nervous but stood her ground.
“Jealous?” Lena asked. Angela's cheeks turned fiery red.
“No!” she snapped. “I just don't want you to slutify Yuri!” There was a long pause. Lena giggled at her wickedly. The co-director glared at her coldly.
“What the hell is so damn funny, Lena?!?” she yelled. The director smiled at her.
“Poor little Angela,” Lena cooed. “You always want to be the diva of the campus. But you're always going to be in my shadow!” Angela looked really annoyed.
“What's that supposed to mean?!?” she barked. “All I want is to keep Yuri safe and innocent from you!” Lena's eyes lit up brightly.
“Oooo!!!” she called. “Wanting Yuri all to yourself, eh?” Angela was really red now.
“I didn't say that!” she snapped. “You're… you're putting words in my mouth!” The American smiled at her wickedly.
“Oh come on, Angie!” she called. “I saw how you looked at her over the past few weeks! You have the hots for Miss Yuri! Am I right?” Angela looked away blushing. Lena was grinning now. She had her right in a trap.
“Oh, I see!” the director called aloud. “You want a dual!” Angela looked at her really confused.
“What are you talking about?!?” she yelled. Lena kept her smile.
“I challenge you to a dual, Angela Inventia!” she yelled out. The co-director looked slightly worried now.
“A dual?” she asked nervously.
“That's right!” Lena said aloud. “I am challenging you to upstage me during the production of this show! Winner gets Yuri's heart, got that?”
“Uhhh…” Angela replied. Lena smiled again.
“Great!” she said. “You're on!” Then she went back to the set designers. Angela stood there confused. “Uhhhh… What just happened?” she thought in heavy confusion. She hated when this happened. Lena always backed her into petty challenges like this. Lena wouldn't take no for an answer. So what could Angela do? She just sighed at first. The co-director was now stuck in this dumb little game that she and Lena played over and over again. There was no getting out of it. It was time to play again. Angela just had to play along until Lena found something else that caught her attention. But the time being, there was a show to direct. Angela sighed and got to work. That was all that could be done at the present time. May the diva games begin! Good luck girls!
Spaz Bitch!