Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Two/Chap. Ten: Game Day ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

It was game day at Rome University. Everyone was preparing for their sport. Competitions were taken dead seriously. Everyone had to do their best. The buses were loaded up today. Each of our girls had a competition to battle with. Today was a busy day.
 
Donna
Donna could only be described as a boy trapped in a girl's body. She was pretty much an Italian version of Haruka. Donna may have been short for her age, but she made up for that in looks and attitude. So was her sport today? Donna belonged to Rome University's swim team. No, she owned the swim team. In a short semester, Donna rose up to the position of captain of the swim team.
“Hey, what can I say?” she asked. “I'm just that damn good!” Today, Donna would be tested against many other swimmers in Italy. Donna was confident today. Her eyes were on the prize. She was playing her IPod on the way there on the bus. Scooter and the Killers were firing her up for the pool. A heavy smile came onto her face. She was itching to get into the water right away. Just a few more kilometers.
The bus pulled up at the YMCA in Rome. This year's event was huge because an American team was competing this year. Such a treat called for a bigger pool. Donna walked down to the locker room. “Always Hardcore” made her heart race with every step that she took. The chlorine water was calling her name. “Yes!” she thought. “I am coming for you!
Once in the locker room, Donna began to prepare. She stripped down to her royal navy one-piece swimsuit. She never wore any jewelry in the pool. “It's annoying to keep up with!” she reasoned. “Plus, it's really distracting.” On with the white swimming cap and black and white goggles. Now, Donna was all set for the water.
Her team waited for her at the pool. Donna emerged to them like the victorious queen bee that they all knew and loved. They all crowded around her like adoring fans. The captain smiled at them.
“Let's do our best today, team!” Donna called.
“Yay!” they called. The team all got into position for battle.
 
Game Day
 
In ten minutes, the swimmers were lined up at their positions. Donna found herself itching to dive in. The referee stepped forward.
“Swimmers!” he called. “On your marks!” The girls all crouched down into position.
“Get set!” the ref called. The swimmers stood up some. Then came the whistle. The swimmers stood up some. Then came the whistle. The swimmers dove straight into the water. The competition had begun. Fans screamed at the top of their lungs. Donna took the lead in seconds flat. This would be her eleventh win in her swimming career. But, one American girl would not go down without a good fight. She caught up with the Italian girl. Donna saw her right away. “Oh hell no!” she thought. That drove her to speed up right away.
It looked like a tight race. The girls refused to back down from each other. Only one could win…
Just as predicted, Donna and her team emerged as winners in the swimming competition. Donna won her eleventh win. The team all posed for a picture. Afterwards as Donna was getting ready to leave, the American girl approached her. Donna looked up confused.
“Alex,” she said in her best English. “What are you doing here?” Alex stepped forward to her.
“I just wanted to say good game, huh?” she replied. Donna nodded at her.
“Yes,” she said. “We sure did our best today!” A moment of silence came between them. Alex stared on at the Italian girl. Donna stared back confused.
“What?” she asked. Alex leaned in and quickly kissed her on the lips. Donna froze up confused. She wasn't expecting this at all. This would be more of a Lena tactic. But yet…
Alex slowly pulled away blushing. Awkward silence followed. The American bowed her head embarrassed.
“Good game!” she said quickly. Then, Alex ran away as fast as she could. Donna just stared at her confused.
“What was all of that about?” she asked herself aloud. Then, Donna headed back to her bus.
 
Angela
Looks and beauty alone didn't describe Angela. She had many gifts. Basketball happened to be one of them. That's right. Angela played basketball. Pretty well, in fact. She was the star player on the basketball team. In fact, Angie had a home game today. The team didn't need to practice at all today. Confidence and a taste for blood kept them all pumped up for the game. “Bring on the blood!” they kept thinking. Angela may have looked modest and humble on the outside, but she too was out for some blood. You see, Lena and Angela had a little bet going. (Lena's idea really.) The loud flirty American betted the sophisticated Italian the winner of today's games got Yuri for a date. Angela didn't agree this, but Lena pushed her right into it. “I'll get you later for this, Lena!” Angela thought bitterly.
Suddenly, battle commenced. The other team had just arrived. Angela and her girls put their game faces on right away. The leader of the pack stepped forward.
“Okay girls!” she said. “It's show time!”
“Yeah!” the team agreed. The game began right away. Angela swept the floor with her graceful gazelle like moves. The girls went wild with her moving curvy body. Her goals added to her overpowering charm. The game was no contest at all. Angela's team flat out won. Angie herself felt great.
“What can I say?” she would ask. “I just love the sport.” Too right love, too right.
 
Lena
Ah, queen flirt herself. She too had a sport on game day. What was it? Football, of course. Soccer to you Americans. Lena grew up a tomboy. Next to girls and boys, she excelled at football like flirting. “Football and sex are one in the same,” she said. “Both use skills.” Like Angela's team, Lena's team found themselves hungry for blood as well. Lena looked out for the other team. She had a personal goal today. She forced Angela into bet for Yuri. Winner got to take the innocent virgin on a date. Lena had no intention of losing today. Her top game called for it. “Come on!” Lena thought. “Bring on the other team!
Suddenly, the other team showed up in thirty minutes. Lena and her girls were ready for battle and dirt. The captain smirked to herself in pride. “Time to kick some ass!” she thought. The ref stepped forward. The players lined up for the first kick.
“Ready! Play!” he said. The game commenced right away. Lena lit up the field. The game was so hot that fans would have to call the fire station. Lena left a smoky trail behind her. The girls helped to burn the field. The game turned out to be a burning one.
The game ended up close. But, Lena scored the final winning point. Her team won out in a score. Lena and her team took a group picture together. The captain grinned the whole time. “Ha!” she thought. “Beat that, Angie!” Lena believed that Yuri was hers.
 
Yuri
Speaking of Yuri, she too had a sport to compete in. Shocking, it is. But, Yuri proved to be really natural at it. What was her sport? Why, Yuri happened to be quite the archer. Now, Yuri's pretty humble about her sport. She didn't even plan to compete in the archery competition today. Her friends all pushed her into it. So now, Yuri couldn't back out. At ten o'clock, the Japanese girl stepped off of the bus. She looked all around. This felt like the first time she came to Italy. The building looked as if they would swallow her whole. Yuri was just a mouse in a jungle.
Then, she felt a small tap on her shoulder. Yuri whipped around almost instantly. A small Italian girl stood behind her. The bow overpowered her almost instantly. She could barely stand up at all. She seemed just as nervous as Yuri was. The Japanese girl could see her trembling all over.
“Hey there,” Yuri said. The girl looked up at her with those heavy blue eyes. She could barely speak at all. The girl managed a little wave Yuri knelt down to her some.
“You okay?” she asked. The other girl nodded quickly.
“Nervous?” Yuri asked. The girl nodded again. The Japanese archer began to relax some. Good to know that she wasn't the only one nervous here. Yuri put her hands on the girl's shoulders.
“It's okay,” she said. “Just do your best and have fun with it.” The girl nodded at her right away. Yuri smiled at her warmly.
“Let's go in together!” she said. The girl looked up at her happily.
“Okay,” she said. Yuri perked up right away.
“Great!” the archer called. “Let's go!” The two archers headed into the YMCA.
The gym at the Y was jammed packed. Archers from all over the country. Both girls became nervous all over again. They trembled all over.
“It's okay,” Yuri tried to reassure her new friend. “We're going to do this and enjoy this. You hear me? We're going to have fun with this!” The girl nodded quickly.
“Yes!” she said. “We will have fun! This will be fun!”
“Yes,” Yuri agreed strongly. “This will be fun! Trust me!”
“Attention all archers!” the lady on the intercom announced. “Please take your places outside for the arching competition!” Yuri turned to her new friend.
“That's us!” she said. “Let's go!” The girl nodded at her.
“Yeah!” she said. They headed right outside. Each archer received a different number to be told apart. Yuri's was twenty-four and her friend had twenty-five. Yuri turned to the other girl.
“Now remember,” she said. “Have fun with this, okay!” Her friend nodded at her boldly.
“Yeah!” she said again. Yuri smiled at her in confidence.
“That's the way!” she called.
“Attention archers!” the intercom called again. “Please take your places at the targets. The annual archery competition has begun!” Yuri turned to her friend again.
“That's us!” she said. “Let's go!”
“Good luck!” her friend replied. Yuri tried her best to contain her delight.
“You too!” she said at last. The girl smiled at her brightly. Then, they took their places to start. The competition got right under way. Arrows soared through the air like doves in the sky. The judges looked at each of the targets. Yuri shot a perfect bull eyes each time. The judges were impressed with her shots. Yuri kept herself modest the whole time.
In the end, Yuri took home first prize. She kept humble behavior the whole time. It was part of her culture after all. After the competition, Yuri found her friend again as they were heading for the bus. The girl turned to the Japanese one.
“Hey,” she said. “Congratulations on your big win!” Yuri humbly blushed at that statement.
“Th-Thank you!” she said. The girl took a moment to smile at Yuri. The winner quickly came back to Earth.
“So,” she said at last. “How did you do?” The girl blushed modestly.
“Not too bad,” she replied. “I don't place anywhere, but I had plenty of fun though.” Yuri smiled at her pleased.
“That's good,” she replied. The girl nodded at that one.
“Yeah!” she said. Yuri felt very bright inside. Well, what did she know? Yuri made a friend after all. Maybe the girls were right to drag her out here after all.
 
Madison
And finally, there was Madison. She didn't actually have a sport. But, the Italian girl have a competition to attend to. She played violin like a pro. One could say that she was the Italian version of Michiru. Today, Madison headed out for the Rome Music Competition. The girl felt nervous all over. But then, she remembered Lena's pep talk.
“Remember,” her lover told her. “You kick ass in Rome! Don't be intimidated by the so-called `competition.' Now, make me proud!” With that, Madison felt pretty ace. “Yes, miss Lena!” she thought happily. “I will not fail you!” The bus pulled up to the concert hall. Madison looked out the window. She drew in a deep breath. “This is it!” she thought. “Here I go!” The girl stood up and walked off of the bus with her violin. Outside, the sun shone high in the sky. Madison had to shield her eyes to see. Her heart raced once again. Time was drawing near. Madison drew in a deep breath and went into the music hall.
All of the musicians sat inside of the hall to the auditorium. There was almost no seats left to sit at. Madison managed to find a seat near the door. She looked around while she waited. Musicians were all over the place. Madison smiled to herself some. Lena was here, they would have so much fun people-watching. Madison just loved the snarky comments about the fellow occupants in their surroundings. The American girl always made her laugh. Oh, Lena was an amazing girl. Wild and scary, but amazing.
“Madison Divinchi!” a voice called her back to reality. The young Italian woman quickly came back to Earth.
“Hm?” she asked aloud. A lady was standing in the doorway looking at her. She had on a business suit with a clipboard on her hands. The woman seemed to have been waiting for minutes now. She seemed annoyed right about now.
“You're next!” the woman replied trying to stay polite. Madison blinked at her confused. It took seconds for the message to sink into her head.
“Oh!” she said. “Okay!” Then, the musician picked up her violin and walked into the auditorium. The lady rolled her eyes as she shut the door behind her.
A music instructor sat in the front row in front of the stage. Madison was led onto the stage through the back way. She looked out into the audience and saw the instructor and small panel of judges waiting for the music. Madison sat down on the chair in front of them. The woman took out her pen and put it to her chart.
“Please state your name,” she said in a bored voice. Madison sat up straight.
“Madison Divinchi,” she replied strongly.
“Age,” the instructor said.
“Eighteen,” the musician answered. The instructor wrote down the girl's information.
“What is your piece of choice today?” she asked. Madison took a deep breath. Here came the money.
“Vivaldi's La Primavera from The Four Seasons,” Madison replied without blinking. The instructor nodded satisfied.
“Okay,” she said. “Carry on.” Madison nodded boldly. She took out her violin and began to play Vivaldi had risen from the dead playing his piece. Madison wowed the crowd with her playing. Madison got lost in the music and was imaging that she was playing for Lena. This was her secret weapon to playing in public. Madison usually got nervous when pushed into the public eye. That was until Lena became her muse for her music.
“Just imagine that you are playing for somebody you love,” Lena replied. “You are more relaxed then.” Madison took the advice to heart. Now, she felt great when playing in public.
Madison finished her last note and looked out to the crowd.
“How was that?” she asked. The instructor and judges couldn't speak at all. They were just stunned. Madison giggled and bowed her head humbly.
“Thank you,” she said. Then, the young musician headed off the stage with her violin. Madison won first place with no surprises there. Hey, what can I say? She was just that good!
 
End Results
Yuri, Lena, Madison, Angela, and Donna sat in the school's bath house relaxing in the bask of glowing victory.
“So,” Lena spoke up. “How did everyone do today?” The girls grinned at that question.
“Great!” Donna called.
“Sweet!” Angela said. “My team won the game.”
“I did good,” Yuri said humbly.
“I won,” Madison replied blushing. They all turned to the leader of the pack.
“Well, Miss Lena,” Madison spoke up. “What about you?” Her lover grinned to herself wickedly.
“Oh,” she replied. “I won a bet with my tem with our game today.” Donna looked at her suspiciously.
“And what bet was that?” she asked sharply. Lena smirked at her boldly.
“The bet with Angie here to take miss Yuri there on a date!” she announced. Donna sighed out loud annoyed. Angela rolled her eyes the same way. *Sweat drop on Yuri's head as she hung her head stressed* Lena snickered to herself in pride. “Why can't she just leave me alone?” the Japanese girl thought in distress. She sighed aloud again. What a headache this semester would be! And it was only the second month.
Bet Won