Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Two/Chap. Eleven: Queen Goddess ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Battle was not over yet. At least for Angela and Lena. They always had a score to settle with each other. It was like a saga of divas. This latest episode? What else? A beauty competition!
One week after game day, Rome University began holding its annual beauty competition. All of the divas of RU were getting ready for the big day. Lena and Angela were walking past the sign-up booth to class. Angela looked at the sign and noticed it.
“Hey, she called. “The school's holding a beauty pageant!” Angela should have kept her mouth shut there. She just opened the door once again. Lena looked up grinning. The Italian girl knew that look well. “Uh oh!” she thought. “Now I've done it! Why did I have to say a word?” Lena turned to her smirking.
“Angela,” she called. The other girl turned to her nervously.
“Yes?” she asked. Lena leaned in close to her.
“We should enter!” she called. Angela looked at her in fear.
“Why?” she asked. Lena shrugged at her smiling.
“Cause,” the American replied. “We still have a debts to settle!” The Italian girl's eyes grew big in shock.
“What! WHAT?!?” she cried out. *Sweat drop on Angela's head*
“Yeah!” Lena called out. “In fact…” The American completely turned to the Italian. “I'm willing to cancel that debt with this competition!” she called. *Another sweat drop on Angela's head*
“What?” she asked. Lena wasn't done yet. Here came the kicker. She got really close in her face.
“Winner gets Yuri!” the American called. Angela stared at her like she was crazy.
“Lena!” she called out. “Yuri's not an object to be fought over like that!” The American shrugged at her blankly.
“So?” she asked. Angela sighed aloud in stress. This girl just didn't get it.
“Why do you keep backing me into a corner to compete with you over her?” the Italian asked in stress.
“Cause,” Lena replied. “Miss Yuri is just worth the trouble. Wouldn't you agree?” *Sweat drop on Angela's head* “She just doesn't get it, does she?” she thought.
“So!” Lena called out. “What do you say?” Angela sighed aloud in distress. What was the point of fighting back? Lena wouldn't listen anyway. And she always won the argument. The Italian put her hands up in the air in defeat.
“Fine!” she called. “I'll compete with you for Yuri!” Lena smiled at her in wicked pride. She patted her on the shoulder.
“Good girl!” she said. “I only want your best in this one!” Angela sighed aloud again. Like she had a choice in the matter? Lena just wouldn't quit. The American grinned at her again. “Great!” she called. “Let's go sign up, shall we?” Angela sighed again.
“Fine!” she said. “Let's just get this over with!” Lena leapt up clapping her hands.
“Yay!!!” the American cried out. “You won't regret this!” Angela rolled her eyes. “Why do I get the feeling otherwise?” she thought. Then, Lena dragged her up to the booth. She pushed Angela forward.
“You first!” Lena called. Angela looked at her confused.
“What? Why me?” she asked. “Do I have to?” Lena shrugged at her again.
“Yeah,” she called.
“Right now?” Angela asked.
“Yeah!” Lena repeated. The Italian sighed again.
“Fine!” she called. Then she picked up the pen and signed her name. She turned back to Lena.
“There!” Angela called. “Happy now?” Lena nodded at her.
“Yeah,” she replied.
“Can I go now?” her rival asked.
“Yeah,” Lena replied. Angela rolled her eyes and walked off. Lena watched her do so. She signed her name casually. Then, an idea came into her head. Wouldn't it be interesting if the prize herself competed as well? Lena looked around really quick. She signed Yuri name as well. The American smiled at her work. “That should do it!” she thought. Then, she went straight to class. Angela, Lena, and Yuri were all now competing in the annual beauty contest. Things had now become interesting. May the games begin!
 
Queen Goddess
 
On the day on competition, Yuri was still blissfully unaware of what was unfolding. That was until she heard a knock on her dorm door. The girl looked up from her homework.
“Come in!” she called. Makoto opened the door and stepped inside. Yuri relaxed some.
“Oh!” she said as she breathed out. “It's only you.” The other Japanese girl looked at her with a serious looked on her face. Yuri noticed right away.
“Is… there a problem?” she asked. Makoto grabbed her by the hands.
“What are you still doing here?” she asked. Yuri looked at her confused.
“What do you mean?” she asked. The other Japanese girl looked at her in surprise.
“You mean you don't know?” Makoto questioned.
“Don't know what?” Yuri asked her. Makoto quickly grabbed her.
“You're in the beauty contest on campus!” she called. Yuri looked at her like she was crazy. Was this some type of sick joke? Why would Makoto say something like that?
“But…” the Japanese girl said. “I'm not in any beauty competition.” Makoto looked at her as if she joking.
“But you signed up for it days ago!” she called. Yuri's face went blank again.
“No, I didn't!” she replied. Then, it hit her. There was only one explain for this. Her eyes narrowed at the answer.
“Lena did this to me!” she called out. Makoto raised an eyebrow at her.
“Sorry?” she asked. Yuri looked her dead in the eye.
“Lena always does this to me!” she cried. That sunk in pretty quickly. Makoto felt her pain.
“So what are you going to do?” she asked her. Yuri looked at her slightly worried. She shrugged at her Japanese friend.
“What else can I do?” Yuri replied. “Compete.” Makoto looked on her with sympathy.
“You don't have to do that,” she said. “You could forfeit.” Yuri shook her head at that one.
“That won't work,” she replied. “Lena won't let me live it down if I do.” Makoto shrugged at her.
“Well then,” she said. “Good luck on that and hurry up!” Yuri nodded at her. The other Japanese girl stepped outside of the dorm to wait for her. Yuri sighed in distress. What had Lena dragged her into now? Well, too late now. She just had to go with the plan and hope to lose. Speaking of which, she had to get ready. Time was pretty short with her. She had to get to work right away. The girl didn't have much, but she had to make it work. No matter what.
The pageant began at noon. All of the divas were touching themselves up for the last time. Angela sat at the vanity uneasily bitter. Why did she have to open her big mouth to Lena once again? Too late now. Just had to suck it up and deal with it. But then, the shocker came. Angela looked in her mirror and saw Yuri sitting by the door looking nervous. Cleary she didn't want to be there. The Italian girl found herself blown away in shock. Her heart ached in pity as well.
“Let me guess,” Angela said to Yuri. “Lena tricked you into entering this diva show, right?” Yuri looked up at her startled. Her Italian friend smiled at her in sympathy.
“It's okay,” she went on. “I won't bite you. I'm in the same boat as you.” Yuri looked at her puzzled. She walked over to the Italian girl and stood next to at the vanity.
“What do you mean?” she asked. Angela sighed at her.
“Lena pushed me into signing up to fight over you,” she answered. *Yuri falls over stressed*
“You can't mean that!!!” the Japanese girl cried out. Angela nodded at her.
“I'm afraid so,” she said. “And Lena won't let me quit either.” Both girls sighed now. Angela turned to her equally stressed friend.
“Ready to get this over with?” she asked. Yuri turned back to her.
“Like we have a choice,” the Japanese girl replied.
“Exactly,” Angela replied.
“Attention contestants,” the announcer called over the megaphone. “Please take the stage. Rome University's Beauty Competition will now take place.” The girls looked up almost immediately.
“That's us,” Angela replied. She turned to Yuri. “Ready to do this?” the Italian asked her. Yuri threw up her hands in the air.
“Yes, we might as well!” she replied. Then, the girls walked out to the front stage as if they were walking to the execution grounds.
 
Round One: Formal:
All of the girls stood on stage waiting. The lights smiled brightly on them. The judges sat in the front row looking bored. They didn't seem to understand the point of this competition year after year. It was all just a show of vanity and pride. But what could they say? If the board wanted this, who were they to complain? Just do their jobs and get out. The people clapped at the divas on parade. Makoto sat in the audience supporting Yuri. She would have nice talk with Lena later. Angela and Yuri stood by each other for support. They held hands tightly. If they could just get through this, everything would be fine. The announcer came out on stage.
“Ladies and gentlemen!” he called out. “Welcome to our annual Rome University beauty pageant!” The audience clapped aloud. The divas smiled in pride. Lena looked on grinning. Angela and Yuri didn't seem to happy to be there. Oh well, just get it over with. The announcer beamed with more pride.
“Okay!” he called out. “Let's begin! Our first round in formal wear!” The audience clapped again. Show time! Each girl paraded forward in their nice looking dresses. The judges all gave them their scores. The audience watched on in happy delight. Angela wore a light sleeveless red dress with tight thin straps that held it together. The back was low cut. Risky in a good way. The judges seemed turned on by this risk. The perverts in the crowd whistled at her. Angela tuned them out of course. Lena smiled at her rival. “That a girl!” she thought lustfully. “Let it all show for them! For I will take you down today!” Yuri watched on as well. “Oh wow!” she thought amazed. “Angela's a nature at this!” Suddenly, the Japanese girl felt so small again. “How can I even begin to compete with that?” Yuri thought to herself. She began to look at the floor again.
Next up was Lena. She sported a short black party dress. It sparkled so much that it nearly blinded everyone in the auditorium. The judges had to shield their eyes to have a look. Lena smiled and winked at the crowd. The black bow on her bum bounced as she walked. Angela rolled her eyes. The American was always good, but she loved to overdo it sometimes. Today was no exception. Yuri wasn't even some if she could keep up. Only one way to find out.
Yuri came up next. She didn't have a dress, but a light blue and teal kimono. This was her favorite formal outfit. It wasn't as pretty as some of the dresses in this competition. But, Yuri just loved this kimono. Surprising, the judges loved her kimono as much as she did. Yuri seemed shocked to get high ratings on her outfit. She began to feel a little better. “Wow,” she thought. “Maybe I can do this!” Round one completed nicely. Now for the next battle.
 
Round Two: Swimsuits:
Now for the swimsuits. The guys all loved this part. More flesh and bodies to be seen. The divas all sported it with their swim wear. Angela, Lena, and Yuri didn't failure to deliver. Angela went up front. She went for a dark blue two-piece. The top highlighted her breasts. The bottom… well, don't need to say it! The judges were sure impressed. So were the boys. Angela didn't care. Just two more rounds to go.
Lena was second. Her swimsuit was red and tiny. Again, overdoing it. But, the boys really didn't mind it. They were just happy to see such American meat in that form. The judges didn't mind it either. They seemed happy to see a diva finally being bold. Maybe this year won't be so boring after all.
Yuri's turn now. Her swimwear leaned toward the modest side of things. This was a nice tankini with a simple sunflower design to it. Yuri sure had the body to wear it. However, the girl stayed modest the whole time. Lena couldn't understand why. “Come on girl!” she thought to her object of affection. “If I had your body, I would be singing on the rooftops! Show a little pride!” The judges sure liked what they saw. High marks all around, baby! Next round, please!
 
Round Three: Talents:
The talent portion breezed through nicely. The girls basically just did their little thing. It all looked the same to the judges. Angela sang quite beautifully on stage. She sounded like a sweet mermaid. Yuri began to miss home all of a sudden. Tears began to form in her eyes. Angela's voice reminded her of her mother. Such a reminder of the innocent. Made one want to go back to their years of childhood again. Lena did pretty well herself. She was very good at impressions. Marilyn Monroe was her personal favorite. The judges were sold on her like coke addicts. Lena had the talent portion hands down. And what of Yuri? Well, she had her archery skills to come and save her. She wowed the whole crowd and the divas with her arrows. Yuri just gave them a little shrug. “Hey,” she seemed to say. “What can I say? I'm just that good.” Final round, anyone?
 
Round Four: Questions:
Finally, came the questions. Each of the divas got to answer one question. They all sounded so cheesy and fake. The judges and audience seemed bored out of their minds. Then, came our three girls.
 
Angela's Question:
What are your pet peeves?
 
Answer:
Being pushed into things that I don't like doing, animal cruelty, and ignorance of other people.
 
Lena's Question:
What is the one thing you love in the world?
 
Answer:
The women! Man, I love the women! All hail them! Women, I just love `em!
 
Yuri's Question:
What is the one thing you miss about home?
 
Answer:
Everything. I miss everything.
 
Results:
The competition results were in by the evening. The winner? None of our girls! Instead, an Italian freshman girl won. Yuri came in second place. Lena and Angela watched on impressed. Oh well, neither of our girls won this time. But there was always next time for these guys, right? Don't worry, they'll have four years just to figure it all out. We hope…
Good Luck, Girls!