Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Two/Chap. Twelve: Love Thing ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Yuri sat down at her desk stressed. She just didn't understand. Sure, the dance was coming up sure. One or two purposes to be one's date was pretty understandable. But twelve was overkill. What did she have that all of the boys wanted? It wasn't just them either. A few girls were coming up to her as well. That all seemed too weird for Yuri. She was a humble and modest girl. She didn't like to be the center of attention. So, what did these people want with her anyway? And it was only the morning!
Suddenly, the freshman girl became aware of someone standing right over her. Yuri slowly looked up. Shizuma stood over her with a goofy grin on his face. The Japanese girl looked at him nervously.
“Yes?” she asked in a tiny voice. Shizuma knelt down to her slowly.
“You okay?” he asked. Yuri shook her head a bit.
“What's wrong?” the boy asked her. The freshman girl shrugged at him a bit. She wasn't even sure if she should tell him. Well, there doesn't seem to be much of a choice at the moment. Might as well talk. Yuri sighed. Shizuma sat down next to her.
“Just take your time,” he said. “We've got until class begins.” Yuri looked over at him uneasily. Oh well, might as well spill it. This guy won't leave until he gets what he wants.
“It's just…” Yuri began. “This dance that is coming up.” Shizuma slowly pieced it all together.
“And…” he spoke. “You can't get a date?” The freshman shook her head.
“No, the opposite really,” she corrected him. Shizuma's eyes grew big in realization.
“Oh!” he called. “Too many people want you to be their date?” Yuri nodded at him in stress. She buried her head in her arms on her desk. Shizuma looked at her oddly.
“Are you even going?” he asked her. Yuri turned her head to him in more distress.
“That's the thing,” she replied. “I don't even know if I'm going to go or not.” Shizuma looked at her oddly again. He wasn't going either, but Yuri never struck him as the type to miss a dance.
“Why not?” he asked her as if she said something weird to him. Yuri just gave him a little shrug.
“I'm no good in public places,” she replied.
“Ah,” Shizuma replied. “I see.” Yuri looked down at her desk again.
“So?” her guy pal asked. “What are you going to do?” The freshman looked away again. Shizuma understood what that meant already. He looked over at the window in the class room. He gave off a little shrug of his own.
“Well,” Shizuma replied. “Good luck.” Yuri sighed aloud. Why did this always have to happen to her?
 
Love Thing
 
Yuri wasn't the only one with date problems for the dance. Usagi had another dilemma. Who should she take to the dance with her? Rei and Mamoru both wanted to go with her so badly. They each asked her this morning. Usagi reluctantly told them both yes. So, now she was stuck. How did she manage to screw this one up? And more importantly, how was she going to get out of this mess? Usagi tried her best to avoid both Mamoru and Rei for most of the morning. But yet, there are so many places what can hide…
Usagi sat in the hall stressed. “What am I going to do now?” she thought. The girl was lost in her thoughts when she noticed that someone was standing over her. The flake slowly and nervously looked up and noticed Yuri looking down at her. She too had a stressed look on her face. Usagi breathed out some.
“Oh Yuri!” she said. “It's only you.” Yuri looked at her confused at that statement.
“Why?” she asked. “Were you expecting someone else?” Usagi shook her head at that one.
“No,” the flake replied. “Just…” Usagi paused and looked away. “Nothing,” she finished up instead. “Just forget I said anything.” Yuri looked on at her. She could see the hurt and distress in her friend's eyes.
“Usagi,” she spoke up. “Is something wrong?” The other girl looked up at her.
“You can tell?” she asked. Yuri sat down next to her in pity. Then, Usagi noticed her face as well.
“You're having problems too?” she asked. Yuri looked at her slightly shocked.
“You can tell?” she asked. Usagi gave her a little shrug.
“It was in your eyes,” she told her. Yuri looked away in some sorrow. Usagi looked at her in sympathy.
“Want to talk about it?” they both asked. They paused quickly. The blonde girl looked around quickly. She leaned close to her friend. Yuri listened in closely.
“Not here!” Usagi whispered to her. Her friend nodded at her understanding. Yuri looked around for a moment. She thought about how to change the setting. The answer hit them both instantly.
“The garden!” they said quickly. Then, they girls quickly got up and hurried out of the hall to the garden. If one wanted to get away to talk or clear their minds, the garden was the place to do it. The plants and fresh air seemed to help with the thinking process. Yuri and Usagi made it out to the garden without being seen. They sat down on the nearest bench that they could find. Suddenly, the fresh air gave them a sense of freedom. The freshman could now talk about almost they wanted. But should start first?
“Everyone keeps asking me out to the dance,” Yuri spoke up. Usagi turned to her at that statement.
“Really now?” she asked. Yuri seemed shocked at what she just said. Did she just… Too late to turn back now. Yuri just went right on.
“Yeah,” she added. “It's crazy. I'm just really overwhelmed.”
“So,” Usagi replied. “Are you even going?” Yuri shrugged at her friend.
“I don't know really,” she said. “I'm not really big on going out to public places.” Usagi smiled at her brightly on that one.
“Oh come on, Yuri!” she called. “You should go!” The other girl looked at her mortified.
“WHAT?!?” she cried out. Usagi nodded at her.
“Come on,” the blonde said to her. “You'll meet some new friends and maybe your date could be that special someone in the end!” Yuri looked at her impressed.
“You really mean that?” she asked.
“You won't know unless you go!” Usagi called. She had her friend sold there. Yuri smiled at her warmly.
“Okay!” she said. “I will go!” Usagi smiled at her brightly.
“There you go!” she called. “Who did you have in mind for a date?” Yuri turned to her smiling.
“Oh,” she replied. “I have the perfect person in mind.” Then, the Japanese girl looked her friend straight in the eyes. “And what about you?” she asked. “Do you have a date?” Usagi bit her lip as she looked away.
“It's kind of complicated…” the girl summoned up. Yuri looked at her slightly curious.
“What do you mean?” she questioned. Usagi turned back to her. Yuri spilled her soul. So, she might as well do the same. Well, here goes.
“I do…” she began. “But I can't decide which one to go with.”
“I'm not following…” Yuri replied. Usagi sighed aloud. She broke down and told the story of her, Mamoru, and Rei. It was long, but Yuri stayed and listened. The epic story ended when Usagi took in a deep breath. She looked at her friend stressed.
“What should I do?” the blonde asked. Yuri looked at her slightly confused.
“Wow!” she called out. “That's… that's… give me a minute!” Usagi waited for a moment.
“I love them both so much,” she went on. “I know I can't keep this up forever. So what can I do?”
“Well,” Yuri said at last. “Do you love them equally or do you love more than the other?” Usagi shook her head at that one.
“I love them both the same,” she replied. Yuri thought about that again sitting there.
“Oh wow,” she said again. “Well then, just go with your heart.” Usagi nodded uneasily. She hoped that was the best advice and that she herself would make the right choice. Then, Yuri remembered something right away.
“Hey,” she said. “Don't we have class now?”
“Huh?” Usagi asked. Then, she looked at her watch.
“Oh crap!!!” she yelled out. “We do! Let's go!” The girls hurried right to class. If they ran now, they could make it just in time.
In the end, the girls made up their mind. Yuri tracked down Shizuma after her third class. He was smoking outside on the campus. The girl just didn't understand why everyone in Italy smoked. But that was beside the point at the moment. Yuri approached Shizuma from the front. He looked at her oddly.
“What do you want?” he asked her. Yuri looked at him with hopeful eyes.
“I have made up my mind,” she announced. Shizuma raised an eyebrow at her.
“Oh really now?” he asked.
“Yeah,” Yuri pushed herself to say. “I will go to the dance after all!”
“Okay,” Shizuma told her. Yuri swallowed hard at the next part. Time to get it all out of her. What's the worst that could happen?
“And I was wondering if you would be my date tonight?” she asked with some new confidence. She expected him to turn her down.
“Sure,” Shizuma said without batting an eye. Yuri looked at him really surprised.
“Really?” she asked.
“Yeah,” the boy said. “Do you want that in writing or something?”
“No, no,” Yuri spoke quickly. “It's cool. It's cool.” Her date patted her on the head. She went quiet at that one right away. The freshman looked up at him again.
“Okay then,” Shizuma replied. “I'll pick you up at seven.” Yuri nodded at him.
“Right,” she replied. Then, she walked away quickly. Usagi's problem was fixed for her as well. Mamoru had to cancel his date because he take over the shift of a sick co-worker. He promised her that he would make it up to her Saturday. Usagi was more than okay with that. Now, she could take Rei to the dance with no problems. At least, at the moment. The truth would have to come out sometime. But for now, Usagi would just enjoy her girlfriend at the dance and her boyfriend on Saturday. Everyone stays happy, right? Let's just hope that stays that way for a while.
Love and Balance