Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Two/Chap. Seventeen: Downtown ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Rome University was closed for weekend repair. So, there is not much to do. Most of the students went home already. What would be the point of staying? Angela and Donna sat in their dorm feeling the effects of this. Donna lied back on her bed playing around with a basketball while Angela sat at her desk with writer's block with her diary. The clock ticking in the background added to the slow dull feeling. Activity was going nowhere at the moment. Something had to give.
Right then, Donna came up with a solution. She turned to her roommate.
“Want to get out of here?” the tomboy asked out of the blue. Angela looked up and turned around.
“What?” she asked. Donna sat up and set the basketball down.
“Let's get out of here!” she offered.
“But we're not allowed to,” her roommate said.
“Aw come on,” Donna pouted. “It could be fun!”
“What if we get in trouble?” Angela asked. “It's too late at night to go out anyway.” Her roommate shrugged at her.
“We have to do something!” she pointed. “I can't take sitting in this room any longer!” Angela thought about that for a moment. Donna watched her as she did so. Her roommate focused her attention on her.
“How?” she asked. The tomboy grinned at her.
“Leave it to me!” she said. Oh boy! Here came another crazy plan! She could be worse than Lena at times. (Angela didn't dare to say that out loud. Donna couldn't stand the American at all. To compare her with Lena would be an insult!) In a few minutes, Angela and Donna were at the main lobby desk. The man watching the entry looked up at them from his magazine.
“Can I feel you ladies?” he asked. Angela began to act really sick.
“My friend needs to get out for some air,” Donna lied calmly. Her roommate pretended to be close to throwing up. The man quickly became serious.
“Well, go!” he said. “Go on, hurry!” Donna nodded and pushed Angela all the way out the front door. Once they made it out to the gate to the parking lot, the girls made a break for it. Mission accomplished!
 
Downtown
 
“So now what?” Angela asked as they headed out into the street. Donna already had the answer to that one.
“We just go and see where the night takes us!” Angela looked at her oddly.
“Just that?” she asked.
“Yeah,” Donna said as if it was too obvious.
“Well, where do we start?” her roommate asked. The tomboy looked at the angel slightly disappointed.
“Really now?” she asked. “You're going me that you haven't been downtown before!”
“Well yeah, it's just…” Angela argued. Donna raised an eyebrow at her.
“Just, what?” she asked. Her roommate sighed aloud in defeat.
“I don't get out as much as you and Lena do!” she summed up. Donna smiled at her high as a kite. Angela looked at her nervously. That it went again. That smile always scared that muse to distraction. Donna hated to be compared to Lena, but she acted just as bad as her. Angela couldn't really do much at the moment. Only to hear her out. Her roommate leaned in close to her face.
“Well my dear!” she announced. “Let me show you the way.” Angela looked at her nervously. This couldn't be good. Donna grabbed her by the hand and dragged her out into the streets. Angela went along helplessly. Too late to turn back now. The muse was just a hostage tonight.
To her surprise, Donna was well-behaved tonight. They ended up going to a… sandwich shop. The girls stood in front of Mimo's. This place was the only sandwich shop opened in Rome for twenty-four hours. Angela looked around confused.
“Donna,” she said.
“Um-hm?” her friend asked.
“Why are we here?” the muse asked. Donna looked at her slightly confused.
“What do you mean?” she asked. Angela shrugged a bit.
“Why are we at Mimo's?” she asked. Her roommate grinned for a moment.
“Because,” she answered. “I wanted something to eat.” Angela stared on at her confused. Donna noticed her friend's face. She chuckled a bit.
“Aw, what?” the tomboy asked. “Where did you think we were going, a club or something?” The art muse nodded at her slowly. Donna laughed again. She patted her friend on the back.
“Come on, Angie!” the tomboy said out loud. “I'm not like that all of the time! Give me some credit! Who the hell did you think you were with? Lena?” Angela didn't say a word. Her friend grinned at her highly.
“Come on, girl!” she yelped. “Let's go!” The tomboy grabbed the muse by the arm and dragged her into the shop. Angela didn't even cry out this time. She had gotten used to being dragged around so much. Both Lena and Donna did it to her constantly. It was just another day for her, or night rather. The girls went into the shop. They came up to the front corner. Donna ordered the food and drinks. The girls decided to eat outside tonight. Everything stayed calm so far. Yet, Angela had one burning question that had been haunting her for a long time now. She thought to ask of it until now. The muse didn't seem to know why. Maybe, because she didn't want to piss Donna off with it. However, tonight seemed different.
“Donna,”
“Hm?” Angela swallowed for a bit. Well, here it goes.
“Why exactly do you hate Lena?” Donna looked up at her slightly cross. Angela felt her heart skip a beat nervously. “Maybe I shouldn't have asked that!” she thought. Well, too late now! However, Donna just gave her a little smirk.
“Why do you ask?” Angela shrugged.
“You always talk badly about her. I've seen you stick up your nose at everything that involves her. You act just like her at times, but yet you get angry when anybody calls you the `straight Lena Hinson.' Why is that?” A moment of silence passed. At first, Donna didn't speak. Angela waited for her to speak. She felt herself going pale. “Come on,” she thought. “Say something, damn it! You know you always do when it comes to Lena!” Instead, her friend/roommate lightly patted her on the shoulder. Angela looked up surprised. Donna was… smiling at her! The artistic muse just couldn't believe it! The tomboy leaned in close to her pretty soft warm ear.
“Why do you bother to ask the questions? I could care less about that pretentious bitch as long as I have you, you sexy little muse.” Then, Donna lightly kissed Angela on the earlobe. The artistic muse blushed as her roommate turned back to her freshly made Panini sandwich. The rest of the meal was had in silence. Angela was so confused that she couldn't finish her own Panini. What did Donna mean when she said that she could care less about Lena as long as she had her? Did that mean…
All of this took place while Donna finished her sandwich, smiling.
Girl Crush