Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Two/Chap. Eighteen: I Want to be Queen ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Yuri sat in front of the vanity mirror unhappily. Here she was again. Lena and Angela had dragged her into another one of their ego pageants. In other words, Rome University was holding another beauty contest. Just like last time, the two biggest divas dragged her right in the middle of this mess. Yuri didn't want to be here. Yet, she had no choice.
*Yesterday*
Yuri and Usagi were walking to class when Usagi noticed the bullet broad. A certain flyer caught her eye. Her eyes grew big in surprise.
“Hey, Yuri,” she said. The other girl turned and paused.
“Hm?” she asked.
“You're in tomorrow's beauty pageant?” Usagi asked surprised as she read the flyer closely. Her fellow classmate looked worried now.
“What?!?” she asked. The poor girl raced over to her friend. She too looked at the pink and gold flyer on the bulletin board. Yuri's face dropped to the ground. She was listed as one on the contestants of the school's beauty pageant. The poor girl pressed her forehead against the cork.
“Not again!” she whined. Usagi looked at her confused.
“If you didn't sign up for it, then who…?” she began to ask. Both had that answer right away.
“Lena!” they both said together.
“So what are you going to do?” Usagi asked. Yuri looked up at her in distress.
“What choice do I have?” she asked. “I have to go through this whole mess again until it's over!” Usagi looked on feeling her pain. She didn't know how to help her friend at all.
 
I Want to be Queen
 
*Now*
Yuri stared at herself in the mirror and stayed. Why did Angela and Lena keep doing this to her? Haven't they figured out that she didn't like to be in the spotlight? Why couldn't they just leave her alone? A knock came on her dressing room door. Yuri looked up in misery.
“Come in!” she said aloud. The door opened up wide. The freshman looked and saw Angela looking in at her. The Italian girl looked like a duchess with her silk red party dress and gold dress shoes. The gold angel necklace, bracelet, and earrings made her look just as rich it not more. Yuri sighed again.
“Oh, it's you,” she said. Angela looked at her with pity.
“Aw, Yuri,” the girl told her. “I'm so sorry about all of this. Lena insisted that we pull into this contest as a prize.” The poor victim's eyes grew big in shock at those words.
“WHAT?!?” she almost yelped. “WHY?!?” Angela nodded in cold seriousness. She walked further into the dressing room. Angela lightly shut the door behind her. It was time Yuri learned the truth now. Angie just couldn't stand back and watch Yuri be pulled into a further mess of embarrassment. She sat down on the trunk in the dressing room.
“You see,” Angela said uneasily at first. “Lena has HUGE crush on you.”
“I know that,” Yuri said once the shock had worn off.
“But… I sort have a crush on you too.”
“That's not the point. Lena has always seen me as a rival in everything. So, she kind of forced me into taking this challenge in the beauty pageant from last time.” Yuri looked at her confused.
“And what does this have to do with me?” Angela turned her serious eyes on her friend.
“You're the prize.”
“WHAT?!? Why are you telling me all of this?!?” Angela took in a deep breath.
“This is just a warning,” she said. “After learning all of this, do you still want to go through this pageant?” Yuri looked at her with a stern look in her eyes.
“Yes!” she said out loud. Angela raised an eyebrow at her.
“What?” she asked. Yuri stood up.
“She got me into this mess, now I'm going to get myself out!” she protested boldly. Angela smiled at her warmly. She stood up to her feet as well.
“In that case,” she said. “I will support you all of the way.” Yuri bowed her head.
“Thank you,” the girl said softly.
“Attention contestants!” the intercom announced. “Please take the stage for the beauty pageant now!” Angela and Yuri turned to each other.
“This is it!” the Japanese girl said quickly.
“I wish you luck,” Angela said in a low voice. Yuri nodded. They walked out to the stage out front. Here it was! The girls would have to battle Lena Hinson for the title of Campus Queen again. Ha, good luck there girls! Lena refuses to go down that easily! Have fun with her!
Battle for the Top