Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Three/Chap. Twenty: Happy Now? ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

“I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT!!!” Donna yelled at her boyfriend, Marcus. “I'M OUT OF HERE!!!” This was the tenth fight this week. The tomboy just couldn't take it anymore. Marcus Alighieri was just a total screw-up. Nothing he did ever seemed right to Donna. It seemed that every time they met up, a fight was sure to follow close behind. That's all they seemed to do. She just couldn't understand it. What happened?
“Baby, wait!!!” Marcus pleaded. “Let me have my side!” His girl refused to hear it.
“I don't want to hear it!!!” she barked. “There's nothing you can say that could fix this! Nothing!” She headed right out the door.
“Baby!!!” her boyfriend wailed. “BABY!!!” Donna just ignored him. Marcus sat back on his couch in defeat. “Damn,” he mumbled to himself. He dropped his head in his hands in defeat. Maybe she was right this time. Maybe this was beyond this time. So now what? That led to a road of questions in his mind.
 
Happy Now?
 
Donna matched halfway into the parking lot when she froze up. The tomboy suddenly… broke down crying. She couldn't understand why. None of it made sense anymore. What went wrong? They used to be so happy together. Now… Now, it just turned into one big mess. She wished she could just end it all here and now. But… that just didn't work that way. The mere thought of leaving him hurt her heart so much. This whole thing just sucked. It just made her want to cry. Love can such a bitch. Donna just needed some help. Only one name came into her mind at that moment.
In a few seconds, Donna knocked on the door.
“Coming,” a low, sultry voice answered. The tomboy waited outside impatiently. “Come on!” she thought. “I need you right now!” The door slowly opened up. Angela peeked into the hall. Donna looked at her forlorn. Her friend started to look worry.
“Donna?” she asked. “Donna, what's the matter?” Her tomboy friend didn't speak; she just broke down into more tears instead. Angela hugged her close.
“Shhh!” she whispered. “It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.” Donna cried on her shoulder. Angela just kept shushing her lightly.
“Hey, is everything okay?” Makoto asked as she peeked in from the kitchen. Angela looked up at her roommate. She shook her head.
“No,” she said. Makoto just figured it out on her own.
“Oh,” she said softly. “Boyfriend troubles, huh?”
“Yeah…” Angela said in her best Japanese.
“I'll go get the tea,” Makoto said softly. Angela nodded at her again.
“Right, you do that,” she replied. Her roommate nodded back at her got right to work in the kitchen. Angela turned back to Donna.
“Let's go into the living room, okay?” she whispered. Donna nodded at her,
“Okay,” she murmured.
“Good,” her friend whispered. “Let's go.” The Italian muse led the tomboy into the living room area of her dorm. In a few minutes, they were sitting on the couch having tea. Makoto joined them after she served them. Angela took a sip of tea before speaking.
“Now, what happened this time?” she asked. “What did Marcus do now?” Donna whimpered as she took another sip of her tea.
“I saw him take another's girl phone number!” she wailed out. Makoto looked at her oddly.
“How can you be sure it wasn't just for a school project or something?” she asked. Donna shook her head at the Japanese girl.
“No!” she protested. “This was Anjelica Cozzi's number!” All of the girls went silent at that one. Anjelica Cozzi was the school slut. She was always flirting around with other people's boyfriends—gay or straight. No guy could resist her. She could give Lena a run off her money. In fact, Lena hated Anjelica as much as the rest of the Rome University girls did. Makoto and Angela grimaced.
“Ooo, that bad?” Makoto asked. Donna nodded.
“He claims that he would never cheat on me with her and that she forced the number onto him,” she explained even further. “I believe him, but knowing Anjelica…” The other two girls nodded.
“But only that,” Donna went on. “Every time I turn around, Marcus does something stupid that gets his pathetic ass in trouble. I used to brush it off, but now it's just annoying!” Angela shrugged a little bit.
“Why not break up with him?” she asked. Her friend shook her head.
“I can't,” she wailed. Makoto looked at her oddly.
“Why not?” she asked. Donna shrugged as she shook her head again.
“He may be an idiot, but Marcus is a sweet guy most of the time,” she reasoned. “He's always there when I need someone to run to. He takes care of me when I'm sick or down. He helps me through my hard times. The guy is so loyal to me and tries his hardest to do right by me. And good men are hard to find, plus I just… I just… I just love him so much!” The poor freshman broke down crying. Angela patted her on the shoulder.
“There, there,” she murmured. “It's okay.”
“I'll make us some more tea,” Makoto said softly.
“You do that,” Angela said softly as she looked at her friend. The Japanese girl nodded and hurried into the kitchen. Donna just sobbed on. She was caught in a difficult position at the moment. Love could be such a bitch.
Donna stayed at Angela and Makoto's dorm until late in the evening. The girls saw their friend out. By chance, Lena was walking back to her own dorm when she looked up and saw Donna looking very sad while she was leaving for the night. This held her attention captive for so look. “Hm?” she thought. “That's Donna. But what's she doing at Angie and Koto's dorm again?” Lena watched on closely. After studying for thirty seconds time, she figured it all out. “Ah!” the American thought. “She and Marcus must have gotten into it again! Looks pretty bad this time. Maybe they might break up.” Then, an idea came into her mind.
Maybe I should help Donna leave the idiot and came to my team!” Lena thought. She really did love that idea so very much. With that, the American straightened herself up cleanly at her door and waited for her prey to come her way.
Donna was just about to walked past Lena's dorm when she heard a low whistle behind her. She froze in her spot and slowly looked up. Lena herself stood in the doorway waiting. She had a little smile on her face. The tomboy watched her closely.
“Yes?” she asked. Lena stepped forward a little bit.
“How are you today, Miss Donna?” she asked. The tomboy looked at her oddly.
“Why? What do you want?” she asked. Lena shrugged a little.
“Can't I just talk to one of my friends when they are down?” she questioned. “You look so upset. Boyfriend troubles, I assume?” Donna completely turned around.
“And you just want to talk?” she asked.
“Yeah,” Lena said with a nod.
“And you won't try to seduce me in any way?” the tomboy questioned.
“I promise,” Lena lied in subtle way as she nodded again. Donna thought about that for a moment.
“All right,” she said at last. “But if you try anything sneaky, I'm leaving.”
“Right…” Lena said causally. Then, she turned and unlocked her door. She gently pushed the door open wide. She gestured inside.
“After you,” Lena said gracefully. Donna looked on at her as she walked into the dorm. Lena kept her smile as her prey went inside. Once inside, Lena followed behind. She took one more look around outside before closing and locking the door behind her.
Come to the Dark Side, Donna