Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Three/Chap. Twenty-Six: Extra Credit ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Angela sat down at her laptop and sighed. Saturday was supposed to be a free day for her, right? Not in her case. To better explain, it would help to go back three days ago.
Oral Interpretation class. Should be an easy class, right? Almost, except for one small problem. Angela and her teacher didn't seem to quite get along too well. It wasn't a behavioral thing to be certain. More like a point of view thing. This teacher lived a bohemian lifestyle. Angela had been raised conservative. Because of this, she came off as very stiff in the class. That of course let to her struggling in the class and plenty of headaches. Both seemed to be at a stand-still. Until the teacher called Angela over to her desk on Thursday.
“Angie,” she said just as the girl started to walk out the door. “We need to talk.” Angela paused and looked over her shoulder.
“Yes ma'am?” she asked.
“Come over here,” the teacher said as her long gold-painted beckoned her over to the desk. Angela dropped her shoulders as she made her way over to the teacher. The older woman laced her fingers together. Angela kept on a brave face.
“Is there a problem, ma'am?” she asked. The professor pulled out her grade book. She ran her finger along Angela's grade. The girl looked on to a disturbing surprise. Her face screwed up in confusion.
“A C?” she asked. She looked up at the professor. “Why do I have a C?” The professor shook her head.
“Angie,” she said. “You are a smart girl, but lack the passion in art.” Angela blinked at her.
“What do you mean?” she asked. “I always give plenty of passion in the class.”
“No, you don't,” the professor sighed. “Your performance as nothing to it.” The student frowned.
“I don't understand,” she complained.
“Understand what?” the professor asked.
“What exactly do you want me to do in this class?” Angela questioned. The professor only smiled at her.
“Here,” she said. Angela took the paper and read it over. Her puzzled look grew deeper.
“Extra credit,” the professor replied.
Extra Credit
Angela sighed as she began to type.
What is passion?
She breathed and tried to come up with some good lines to follow suit. So far, nothing came to her brain. Angela sat back and messed with her hair. Why am I doing this?, she thought. Oh that's right. To save my ass in her class. What a joke! The freshman looked at the paper again.
Write a one page paper on what you think passion is. Angela shook her head. Stupid. She probably doesn't want me to answer it my way. No, no, no. The madam wants it to be written her way. Angela blew up her bangs. This is ridiculous! But, no use complaining about it now. Just get to work. The student continued to type.
In the dictionary, passion is strong and barely controllable emotion.
Angela deleted the sentence. No, that's not what she wants. Madam wanted her to write about the meaning of passion in her own words. The student sneered at the screen. This would save her grade? It was almost laughable. She would never have the answer that the professor wanted. Come to think about it, what the hell did that professor want? Nothing Angela did ever turned out right. The professor only frowned and shook her head at her.
“Oh Angie,” she would said at the end of every performance. Angela sneered as she clinched her teeth at that last thought.
Why the hell does she call me that?, she thought. My name is Angela, not Angie! I keep asking her not to call me that, but she still does it anyway. I hate her for that. Time to stop complaining and start working again.
Four lines later, Angela looked at the clock on her laptop. Her eyes widened with puzzlement. It's only 10:07?, she thought. That can't be. She blinked many times, but the time only moved up on minute. Seven whole minutes. That's all that has passed. Angela sat back and looked up at the ceiling and sighed. And is due on Monday? Oh shit. Oh shit! I'm screwed! Okay, time to get some help. Angela picked up her phone and dialed for back-up.
“Hello Lena?” she asked. “Yeah, I need some help with an extra credit paper for my oral interpretation class. Yeah. It's that bad. Please help.”
Save Your Ass in Class