Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Three/Chap. Twenty-Seven: Love Fools ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Fall break had just ended. Rome University had a new transfer student among them. His name was Armand Labue. Boy this guy was fine as hell! Fine as hell! His reddish-brown hair made the girls all want to faint. His aquamarine eyes capture their hearts and held them for ransom. This guy knew he had the looks with the ladies. Unfortunately, so did the guys. Who would be at the top of the hate list? Surprisingly, Shizuma.
Love Fools
Nobody understands why the Japanese ruffian even cares about such a pretty boy so much. There are a few guesses, but even those don't make any sense. Is it because of Yuri? Nah, that can't be…
“Yuri,” Shizuma spoke up one day as they walked to class. “What do you think of Armand?” His potential girlfriend paused and gave him an odd look.
“What kind of a question is that?” she asked.
“Hey,” he said. “I'm just asking. What do you think of him?”
“I don't know, he's cute, I guess,” she said. Shizuma made a face of disgust at her.
“You guess?”
“Why do you even care?”
“I don't!”
“Funny, you sure act like it.”
“Shut up!”
“Okay, okay. You have a good day, okay?”
“Right…” The pair headed their separate ways. It could be said that Shizuma has developed some feelings for Yuri. If they were of love, that needed some evidence to be backed up. He won't give it to anyone anyway. That's not how he does things. Usually, Shizuma never showed any emotion. Only when it comes to Yuri and Armand. The latter always sparked up anger within him.
This afternoon became a prime example of that.
Shizuma and Yuri sat door the glass doors in the cafeteria having lunch together. They tried to ignore the many eyes on them. Before, Shizuma would never be seen in public places let alone in out in one.
“Yuri seems to have changed him,” they all kept whispering. No, it can't be that. Maybe…
Anyway, everything looked normal until the doors blew open. All of the girls flocked over to watch prince charming make his grand entrance. Shizuma's face dropped into a frown. He clutched his chopsticks in a death grip. Yuri noticed his shaking right fist.
“What's wrong?” she asked. Her friend didn't answer, but he gritted his teeth. Yuri slowly turned her hand and noticed Armand walking over to their table. It didn't take her long to figure out what was about to take place here.
In the distance, the charming prince spotted the Japanese mouse and the thug and smirked to himself. Ah, here's one girl I haven't noticed the first time, he thought. That doesn't look like a good idea, but this brave soul pursues it anyway. He made it over to the table. Yuri didn't notice until too later. Armand gave her his famous, seductive smile.
“Hello there,” he said. Yuri froze in place.
“Hi…” she said.
“Mind if I sit down?” Armand asked.
“Yes!” Shizuma snapped. Yuri on the other hand, quickly shook her head.
“N-N-No, no!” she said.
“Thank you,” the prince replied. He took his seat with the pair. Everyone watched as Shizuma's anger boiled on underneath his skin. Armand took a drink of his soda and turned to Yuri. He gently took her by the hand. The girl nearly jumped. Oh! Okay…
“I'm sorry,” he said. “I didn't quite catch your name.” Yuri opened her mouth to speak, but Armand held up his hand to stop her.
“No, no. Let me guess it,” he said. “Now, let's see.” The girl drew her mouth closed. Shizuma gritted his teeth at the prince's voice and smug look.
“I bet it's something soft, yet strong,” he said. “Something that reflects the beauty of Asia that I see in you. Perhaps a flower?” The thug slowly climbed to his breaking point.
“Yuri,” he hissed through his teeth. Armand smiled a little bit.
“Yuri, huh?” he asked. “That translates into `lily,' am I right?” Yuri nodded her head up and down as her cheeks turned a deeper red. Armand gently rubbed her hand.
“Such a fitting name for a beautiful girl,” he said in a low voice.
“Ooo!” Yuri breathed out as her cheeks heated over. Shizuma slammed down his utensils and stormed out of the cafeteria. Everyone watched with a new idea about why Armand always sets Shizuma off some much. Yuri and Armand looked up when they hear the glass door close.
“What's with him?” the charming campus prince asked. Yuri shrugged her shoulders as she watched her friend's back disappear from view.
“Uh, well…” she began to say.
“I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! Hate! Hate! HATE!!!” Shizuma shouted as he slammed his foot up against the brick wall over and over again. After all that could be witnessed, it could be easy to see why. Maybe…
Possible Love?