Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Four/Chap. Thirty: Hookie ( Chapter 30 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Classes can be rather boring at times. Donna sighed as she looked out her bedroom window. Today looked rather pointless. The tomboy looked up her bedroom ceiling.
I need a break, she thought. Donna reached over to the nightstand picked up her cell phone. She timed the rings before the answer came.
“Hello?” the right voice answered on the other line. Donna smirked to herself.
“Angie!” she said, “Just the person I wanted to talk to.”
“Don?” the art student asked on the other line, “What’s on your mind?” The tomboy sat up on her bed.
“I want an escape today,” she said.
“Okay, where to?” Angela asked.
“Just outside the Daphne statue,” her gal pal answered, “Meet me at ten.”
“Alright,” she said, “Bye.”
“Bye,” Donna said back. The tomboy began to plot her day as she hung up.
Hookie
Donna looked up at the morning sky as she waited for her room. She decided to go the simple method of having a good day today. This break didn’t require money or anything hectic. Donna pulled out her phone and began to type.
I’m here, where are you?
Angela replied back seconds later.
Look up.
The tomboy looked up to see her friend waving at her. Donna put up her phone as Angela hurried across the street to her.
“Good, you made it,” Donna said as the other freshman stopped to catch her breath. The art student glanced up at her.
“So what’s the plan today?” she asked. Donna gave her a proud smile.
“Just walking around the city,” she replied. Angela gave her a blank look on her face.
“That’s it?” she asked.
“Yeah,” Donna said, nodding.
“We’re skipping classes just to do that?” she asked.
“Yes,” the tomboy replied. She patted her friend on the back. “Come on,” she said, “This could be fun. We’re already out now, let’s enjoy it.” Angela lowered her shoulders.
“Alright,” she said. Donna smiled at her.
“Shall we get going?” she asked.
“Sure,” the art student answered. They headed towards the busy morning city. Angela looked over at her friend.
“So, where exactly are we going?” she asked.
“Just around,” Donna answered as she shrugged her shoulders. Angela’s face didn’t look so easy on that offer.
“So what classes do you plan on missing today?” she asked.
“German Lit,” the tomboy answered. She took a moment to cringe at what she said, “It’s the worst.” Her friend gave her a little of pity as they crossed the crosswalk.
“I could help you if you want,” she offered. Donna looked at her with big, surprised eyes.
“You serious?” she asked.
“Yeah,” Angela said, “I don’t have much to do with my time anyway.”
“Cool,” her friend answered. They walked past Angela’s favorite art store. The red-haired girl stopped in her tracks.
“Wait here!” she said, “I have to go in!” Donna looked at the sign and rolled her eyes.
“Really?” she asked.
“Yes!” the art student insisted. Then, the freshman hurried into the store. Donna waited outside and groaned. Why does she do this every single time?, she thought, It’s so stupid! Ten minutes later, Angela came back with two big bagsful of art supplies. Her friend shook her head at her.
“You dork!” she said.
“Hey, it was a sale!” Angela insisted.
“You just can’t stay away from art, can you?” the tomboy asked.
“It’s my major!” her artist friend insisted. Donna put up her hands at her.
“Fine, fine,” she said, “Do what you want.” Angela gave her a beaming smile.
“Thank you,” she said.
“Whatever,” the tomboy muttered before they picked up on their walk again.
“Where to now?” the art student asked.
“Wherever we want,” Donna replied, “But you’re paying for the gelato.” Angela gave her a rather puzzled look.
“Wait, what?” she asked.
“Hey, it’s only fair for the art shop stop that you had to make,” the black-haired girl told her, “Besides; I don’t have any money on me at the moment.”
“Fine, fine,” Angela brushed off with a sigh. They turned the curb to go into another market district. When they passed an apple stall, a question crossed Donna’s mind.
“Hey, Angie,” she spoke up, “What class are you missing right now?”
“Art history,” her friend replied, “But it’s an independent study this morning.” Donna’s jaw dropped.
“Wait, what?!?” she screamed.
Nice Day of Freedom Out