Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sugar Princess ❯ A Friend from Once Upon A Time and A Few Foes ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Friend from Once Upon A Time and A Few Foes

Once back home, safe and warm, Reeni was tucked into bed while the others started to explain everything.

When they were done all the jaws of the household except for Marie, Star, Cassia, and Laura dropped almost all the way to the floor, but they quickly pulled themselves together.

"Wow! That does sound bad," exclaimed Amy.

The mini scouts decided to take this opportunity to go to bed before they got asked any more questions. They went into different rooms and changed.

Meanwhile, in the other room, the five worried warriors started looking at each other hoping with all their strength and will power that it wasn't another mastermind team like the Black Moon Family or the Dark Moon Circus.

Then Rae looked out the window and nearly screamed herself to death.

There sitting in the window was a glittery red, orange-yellow, blue, and green Luna Balls.

Everyone, including Reeni, who was out of the room now rushed into the room.

"Blue Bally," cried Cassia.

"Hey don't forget Green Gasa," reminded Marie.

"Also, Yellow Gaze," shouted Laura.

"Mine too! I missed you so much Red Raven," piped up Star.

Reeni rubbed her eyes, "What was all that about? Who screamed?"

"I did. Reeni, do you know what those are? They look like your old Luna Ball except they're different colors."

The four excited girls galloped towards the window, all four girls are trying to open it at once.

"Um…" she took a glance and nodded, "Yes, I do, Rae. Since they don't have guardian cats, like I have Diana, they still have their Balls. They each have different names but have their colors on them as you can see, all of them in the color of the Mini Scout's color it belongs to."

"Why wasn't your pink then, Reeni," asked Lita. "I sorta had a guardian cat at the time but sorta didn't. Luna was what you could call a guardian except she wasn't mine. Also, I couldn't transform my self at the time when I got my Luna Ball so I got the next best thing: A Luna Ball that looked like Luna's head. Theirs can all do the same as my old Luna Ball though, the only differences are the colors, I think."

They all nodded and then turned to see each girl was hugging each of their own balls.

"Reeni, you should get back in bed now. You still look somewhat weak from earlier. You DO remember what happened earlier, don't you, Reeni," asked Darien.

Reeni nodded slightly after a moment's pause, "Sorta. It's all kinda fuzzy though," she yawned.

Darien walked over to his young future daughter and picked her up, taking her back to bed. The girls slowly followed, whispering little things to their little friends.

"You know what, Darien," asked Reeni.

Darien shrugged, hinting that he really wanted her to go to sleep again.

"It's about earlier, not the fight, but before I even saw Pararoo again." Darien then put his full attention to her, knowing that this was when she acted like something was really bugging her.

"What I wanted to come true, it's almost perfect now. I saw Pararoo and he'll be staying a while because of all that's happening now. And my friends from the future are here to stay too as well as their ball guardians being here. One thing is missing, do you want to know what it is?"

Darien looked up to think then looked into her big beautiful eyes. They showed that same look she always showed when she was talking about one person in particular.

She was about to open her mouth to say what Darien knew would only lead to a verge of unstoppable tears after a few memories came flooding back to her so he quickly raised his finger up to her mouth and nodded showing that he already knew what she was about to say.

He then left, leaving the door open for the others to come in.

As they did walk in they eyed Reeni suspiciously, "What were you talking about, Reeni," asked Star in an unmistakable comic remark.

Reeni shook her head and rolled over to face Pararoo's empty cot. She wondered when he would come in the sleep.

After a while she slowly started to drift away until she was finally fast asleep.

"What is this? The trees and little lake, they look so familiar to me. But, how did I get here? The last thing I can remember is falling asleep while looking at Pararoo's bed. How'd I end up in this place? I don't understand how I could've ended up here," Reeni exclaimed a little worried about her situation.

"Reeni, don't you remember this place," a voice behind her asked. Reeni, scared to turn around, simply stated, "Who are you?"

The voice gave a little laugh and then calmly said, "You don't know, I'm hurt. Why don't you turn around and find out who I am if you really want to know that badly, Reeni?

`I wonder how that person knows my name. I don't have a clue of who it could be, yet, it sounds so…familiar,' Reeni thought to herself.

"Well, at least you think you recognize my voice," the voice chuckled.

Reeni jumped and fell back, being caught half way by the owner of the voice; quickly she slammed her eyes shut, afraid to look at the owner, fearing it could be evil.

"How'd you read my thoughts? What are you," asked Reeni, now showing complete fear in her voice, shivering in the owner of the voice's arms.

Then, something unexpected happened, the person took Reeni in a warm embrace and made her feel safe, only one person could ever hold her like she was being held now, but it couldn't be possible. She forged herself not to look to see if it were true, but then her curiosity and her helplessness seized the better of her and forced herself to then look.

Slowly, she opened her eyes, squinting carefully so it still looked as though she had her eyes slammed shut. Then, they shot open at what she saw, startling the person holding her into dropping her completely.

She dropped to the soft ground but never once did she close her eyes, but keeping them focused on the person, the face that she saw.

Before she could stop herself she jumped back into their arms before they left.

Obviously, she did remember and the stranger-no-more knew that for he held her even more lovingly, but gently, than before simply whispering, "I missed you," into her ears, tickling them.

She finally got the courage to look back into his face, "I can't believe it's really you, I missed you so much too. More than you could ever imagine."

They both paused than thought about what she just said, than started to laugh, knowing it was true.

They walked for hours in silence through the woods, not knowing what else to say.

Then the friend looked up after a few hours and stated sadly, "You're about to wake up. You'll be leaving soon."

"What? No! I can't leave now. I missed you so much! I only want to be with you now! I want to stay longer! It wasn't enough time to be with you," Reeni started to burst out in tears.

The being stepped forth and took her into a warm embrace once more, than had an idea that would keep her mind steady and busy for a while, "Let's play a game. It's a thinking game," they waited for Reeni's nod, "It's a riddle. Ok? What is white mostly with a tinge of gold and blue? Then what comes in the middle of the day just to see only you? Put that together and if you don't get it by tomorrow evening it won't matter because by then the answer would have already come to you."

Reeni stared at him blankly and started to fade. As she noticed this she looked up and nodded that she could remember the riddle and would think about it until the answer came to her.

She waved and just before she faded completely she whispered a barely able to hear, but hearable none the less, "I love you and I'll miss you even more this time, Helios." Reeni slowly awakened but kept her eyes shut for shorter than a millisecond before shooting them open only to jump out of bed when she saw what was looking at her.

She rubbed her head as she pulled herself back to reality and called out in a very annoyed and surprisingly not tired voice, "What on earth were you thinking of you guys? Why do have your ball guardians flying up in my face? Are you trying to kill me?"

The girls laughed their heads as they withered away to almost nothing while laughing.

Reeni just glared at them. Then finally came to their senses and Cassia spoke up taking her ball buddy in her arms like the others did, "We're sorry, Reeni. We didn't expect you to wake up."

"Yeah, you looked so peaceful. You looked like you were in heaven," said Star sarcastically.

"And that's not the weird part," replied Laura.

Marie nodded, "The weird part was that you had transformed into your princess form."

Reeni perked up at this, "WHAT!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?" The four friends nodded.

Darien, Serena, and the other scouts busted into the room falling on top of each other all except for Darien.

Ray was the first to pull herself up from the floor, "What's all the screaming about?"

Reeni and the others only looked at each other; knowing what was on each other's minds they kept their mouths shut.

Amy was the next up, "Aren't you guys going to say something?"

There was a rustled noise from behind the young girls and Pararoo was noticed.

He looked at Reeni; his eyes telling her that he knew everything, he had overheard them.

She looked longingly at him and he didn't have to make a single movement to show he wouldn't tell. Reeni, relieved, looked at the others and made a slight nodded.

All the young ones, including their balls and Pararoo, burst out laughing.

By now everyone had pulled themselves up from the floor and looked thouroly confused.

Reeni looked at them and cried out, "Nothing happened. You could say we were just catching up on things. Right guys," turning to them.

They all nodded and stormed out and ran off to the park.

The girls were sitting under a tree in a secluded part of the park. Wanting to talk without having to worry about being overheard.

"Why didn't you say something, Pararoo. You know, about Reeni transforming while she was asleep," asked Laura.

Pararoo shrugged, "I don't know. I just saw how desperate Reeni looked and agreed without saying anything that I would keep my mouth shut and agree with whatever you gals came up with, I guess. Is that right, Reeni?"

Reeni nodded with out looking at him.

"HELLO! EARTH TO REENI; COME IN REENI," screamed Star as loud as she could.

Reeni didn't jump or anything but just recited what her true love had said to her in the dream, "What is white mostly with a tinge of gold and blue? Then what comes in the middle of the day just to see only you? Put that together and if you don't get it by tomorrow evening it won't matter because by then the answer would have already come to you."

Everyone could only stare at her in complete confusion; even the ball like guardians couldn't help but wonder what she was talking about.

"Reeni," everybody said a little scared of the outcome of another riddle.

`It's almost lunchtime and I haven't worked on the riddle at all. I know that even if I never work on it I'll still find out the answer. But I don't want to get it unless I know I at least I've worked on it. The guys will get suspicious if I just get up and leave, but…'

Reeni was interrupted by a constant shaking that her entire body had been swallowed up with and quickly realized she had caught the attention of her fellow friends.

They kept shaking until Reeni couldn't take anymore and screamed out, "Will you stop already! You're giving me a headache!"

"Sorry, Reeni, but we had to do something. You were like completely ignoring us and everything," complained Marie.

Reeni turned a big shade of red and knew she wasn't paying much attention but quickly withdrew the thought and came up with a simple they wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything either if something totally amazing had happened to them like it did to her.

She then started to walk away knowing that immediately her friends would call back in a menacing, but completely sorry tone, `we didn't mean to hurt you, Reeni. We were just worried about you. Come back. Where are you going to go?'

Sure enough, a couple of seconds later, the same words came from Cassia's mouth, word per word.

Reeni simply stated she was going home, but instead, after getting out of clear vision of the others, walked in the opposite direction of it.

She worked on the first question for about an hour; she would've given up and worked on the other question but realized the second one was completely impossible to figure out without the first question's answer.

She finally stopped walking and realized it was almost dinner and she hadn't eaten anything all day until she heard a scream from a fairly good distance away near the park.

Her instincts took over as she ran over towards the scream as fast as she could and slid behind a bush to see what was going on.

A monster was there, one that looked just like the other monster she had fought earlier, but the one difference was this one had blue stripes.

She immediately transformed into Sailor Mini Moon and ran in front of the bush's shadow. "Stop! How dare you pick on innocent people who are so much better looking, smarter, and smaller than you. Your big figure means nothing but diddly. I bet if you were put up against someone so much more bigger than you, you'd run away like the coward you are. If you don't treat people with real true kindness and respect…than I'm Sailor Mini Moon! And in the name of the future moon, I shall punish you!"

The monster looked up and laughed, "What can a small figure like you do to me: Spotted Creeper?"

"What? Wait a minute! There's a monster that looks just like you except he had purple spots but his name has `striped' in it. How come you're striped but have `spotted' in your name?"

"You are referring to my brother, Striped Macrons. True, he is spotted but our parents were wackier than we are. Now leave before I use my power on you."

Mini Moon didn't quite understand but she didn't have to know his entire family history to know he was a bad guy who needed to be taught a lesson.

"Put them down right now! I'm your target now and I'm not afraid of you like they are," Mini Moon ordered.

"Very well. I was going to kill you anyway when I was through with them, but now you're getting on my nerves and not worth wasting time to kill. Time to die, little kiddy."

"Yeah, and you will be the first to go!"

The Spotted Creeper's eyes turned to a deep red color and then into a mixture of purples, greens, blues, and reds.

Mini Moon tried to see what was happening but her concentration broke when the ground beneath her suddenly disappeared.

She looked down and saw she was glowing exactly like the eyes of her opponent and realized that she being lifted high into the sky. It didn't take her long to find out she was going to drop freely if something didn't happen fast.

She started to get scared; more scared than she ever became in her life. Nothing could help her; nothing could protect her. She was going to die and nothing, nobody could stop it. Then, before she even had time to cry unstoppably for some help, voices came gushing into her ears.

It wasn't her own voice calling for help; that much she knew. The voices were so far away.

Somebody was actually talking to her, the voices were somewhat directly beneath her.. It was her friends, "Mini Moon don't quit now," she looked down as far as the evil force would let her and saw that all the scouts and Tuxedo Mask were there; the one talking was Sailor Mini Jupiter.

"Mini Moon, fight it; you have to for your life," screamed Sailor Mars.

She focused directly beneath her and saw there was no way of catching her before she fell because the villain had deformed the ground into sharp, pointy rocks that could never be climbed up, especially in a hurry to catch somebody falling from a bazillion feet from the sky.

She quickly started to try and think as hard as she could and finally it came to her,

"Of course. Why didn't I think of that before?"

Everyone on the ground, even the Spotted Creeper, couldn't figure out what she was saying.

She focused her energy on one thing and wouldn't stop until she either got killed from falling on the rocks or killing herself for using a power that was still so new to her and could barely control.

Finally, after several minutes of staring, Mini Moon started to glow a light shade of pink.

After about thirty seconds it grew deeper until it was close to almost being red; eliminating the evil force that was holding her up before.

"Mini Moon! What's happening," called Sailor Venus.

The Mini Scouts knew, they had seen it before, they called out in unison, "Mini Moon be careful, that's dangerous."

The other scouts stared at them now with confused looks but remembered in the explanation they had received earlier about her transforming into something else using her new found power of sugar energy.

The whiteness started to take as before and then faded to pink. The blinding light then came and flashed as quickly as it came.

Mini Moon now was the being she was when she eliminated all the villains from the park earlier.

Her dress was long and flowing with pink and white gems going around her waist like a belt. Her hair was the same style but in place of the tiara on her forehead, there was a wreath of pink and white flowers placed neatly on top of her head. The sleeves went like a fancy ball gown dress and where they went all the way to where her forearm and upper arm connected until going to the back of the dress forming back into her dress in a very prompt and elegant way. The bottom of the dress of so long it went farther then her feet but because of some mysterious force around Reeni it looked as if wind was blowing against Reeni; blowing the bottom of the dress away from her, revealing she had no shoes on.

The pink outline that completely surrounded Reeni's edge still encased her and brought her safely to the ground in front of the deformed earth and facing the Spotted Creeper.

She finally opened her eyes and they weren't angry nor scared, but in an innocent matter and kind.

"I warned you before that you shouldn't hurt people but I suppose I should've have mentioned that it was going to be a fair fight. That meant not lifting people into the air and placing life threatening dangers beneath them." Her voice was gentle and soft.

Her flower wreathe began to glow a gentle and soft pink and she lifted both her hands up having her palms touching. As she separated them a clear, pink bubble was forming and growing with every separation movement Reeni made.

When her arms were in a `t' like position with the rest of her body, the pink bubble was floating easily above her head.

"Bubble Gun…Shot," she called out.

Once she finished the bubble shot forward like a speeding bullet and the second it touched the Spotted Creeper it exploded like a bomb and little sugar candies came from inside and dropped on top of the creepy creeper.

Eventually the candies did their duty and the only thing left of him was the smashed grass, which he was standing on; he faded out into thin air and for good.

Reeni lasted long enough to make a small movement of her hand that made the deformed earth behind her form back to its original state; as it should be.

After that, she collapsed from exhaustion.

How'd you like it? Good? Bad? What? Email me about it if you have any comments or ideas about what the next chapter should be about.

Any other kinda of comments email me at magic_reeni@yahoo.com

Story continues in…

Allies and Kidnapping