Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Earth Saga 5- Visions of the Past ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
::Authors Note- From this chapter on has been previously (and with not as receptive an audience as I'd hoped) to my Freshman Writing class. I don't think anyone liked it. Even my professor was laughing. Which tells me that Sailor Moon stories should stay out of college classrooms. Well, from that bad experience, I'm now a little reluctant at posting the rest of the story, considering people might not like it as much as I do. If you do like it, please let me know by dropping me a positive review. It'd be much, much appreciated. Oh, and parts of this are graphic. Reader discretion advised. -Ellie::


Ellie and Demitri sat in the throne room by the fireplace, where a small fire had been lit.

"Demitri, if they attack the Moon Kingdom, what will happen to us?" Ellie pulled herself closer to his side.

"I don't know, Ell, but I will protect you with my life." His crimson eyes had a serous glint to them as he possessively held Ellie to his side.

"Please don't leave me, not even for a moment..." Ellie said, fear in her eyes. "I don't want to chance losing you."

"I won't. I promise."

Ellie began to cry softly. She could sense the end was near. The Negaverse had taken over every other planet except the Moon. She knew that they were next.

*^*^*^*

The next few days were tense for the Moon Kingdom and the Sailor Senshi. Queen Serenity chose not to inform her subjects, to keep some semblance of order and to prevent a massive state of panic. On the third day after the attack on earth, there was a masquerade held. Everyone who attended was wearing masks, except for Serenity and Endia.

"May I have this dance?" A long, black-haired stranger asked Ellie. He wore a black tuxedo and long cape lined with blue satin, and on his hands were a pair of familiar looking black leather gauntlets. A devilish grin graced his lips.

"Why, yes you may, handsome stranger." Ellie smiled as she took Demitri's gloved hands, and they gracefully made their way out to the middle of the ballroom.

They danced in silence for a bit, until Ellie decided to speak.

"Tonight may be pur last night together." She looked up into his eyes, attempting to hold back tears.

"For this lifetime, yes. But remember, we're soulmates...Even if we die, we will find each other again."

The two danced, losing themselves in their own world. Serenity and Endymion were in the same state. The Sailor Senshi watched them from a corner, conversing about the beautiful princesses and handsome princes.

Suddenly, there was a loud rumble and a crash from outside, and Luna and Artemis ran in, yelling, "We're under attack!! Everyone to your battle stations!"

"No..." Ellie said as Demitri drew her nearer.

Outside the castle, the Moon's forces were barely making a dent in the Negaverse armies.

"You'll never win, Serenity! I'll reduce your kingdom to rubble! The universe shall be no more, only the Negaverse!!"

As the castle began to crumble, Demitri and Ellie, and the other masquerade-goers, scrambled to get out. They held each other's hands tightly as they dodged falling debris. As they ran, a large pillar began to come crashing down, threatening to crush one or both of them. Ellie screamed and dashed to one side as the pillar came down, covering her head from the falling debris that came with it. People ran through the remains, pulling Ellie away from Demitri.

"Demitri? Where are you? Demitri!!" she cried, swept away with the crowd.

"Ellie!!" Demitri screamed, and began to make his way outside.

*^*^*^*

"I need to do this... They would want me to....so I can protect everyone." She reached unside the pocket of her dress and took out a heart shaped brooch.

"Earth Elements of Love Make Up!!"

And after the transformation had taken effect, Sailor Earth stood where Princess Endia had, her staff in hand, ready to fight. She dashed out of the collapsing castle to see the shock of her life- the limp forms of Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion, her dear brother, Serenity's love. After a moment, it hit her.

"Endy....Serenity...." Her eyes teared up. "NOOO!!" she wailed, tears streaming down her cheeks. She gripped her staff and dashed at the nearest Negaverse being, which just happened to be Malachite, the head of Queen Beryl's Four Generals.

"Ahh, another pretty twit they've been hiding. This should be fun." He sneered and drew his sword. Sailor Earth responded by holding her staff up in a defensive pose, ready for action.

"You will pay for what you've done." Her eyes screamed with hatred.

"And you, my dear, shall die like the rest."

"Earth Elements ATTACK!!"

A bright, dazzling array of the elements surrounded Malachite. Fire, water, air and earth encircled him as the attack flew into full force, but did no damage to him.

"You think you can beat me?"

She groaned as she kept the attack going, even though it was quickly sapping her strength.

"Ellie!" she heard a familiar voice cry. "Stop! He's too strong for you!" But it was too late. Malachite redirected her attack back at her, sending her flying into a wall. She smashed against it with a sickening thump, then slid to the ground. She struggled to get up, staff still in hands, but she fell to the ground once again as she realized her strength was just about gone. Demitri rushed to her, picked her up, and cradled her in his arms.

"No, Ell, you can't leave me..." Demitri was openly crying, something his tough exterior never allowed or even hinted at.

"I...can't help...it..." Her voice was barely a whisper.

"I love you, Ellie, just hang on, Serenity can heal you!"

"I don't think...I can last much...longer..." Her eyes closed, and her body trembled in pain.
"Don't forget me, Demitri...I'll always love you....you...you're in my heart."

"And you're....you're in mine..." Demitri's body shook with his sobs, and he leaned his head down for one last kiss. A shadow loomed over the two, and as their lips touched a sword plunged into Demitri's back, straight through to Ellie's heart. Demitri's eyes went wide in shock, fresh tears flowing down his cheek. Ellie screamed her last scream, a pain and anguish ridden wail

"That'll teach them to mess with the Negaforce."

Demitri fell forward, still holding Ellie, their blood now mingling with each others as the last ounces of life fled from their bodies.

"Ell.....I love you..."

And they died, holding each other tightly amidst the ruins of the once glorious Moon Kingdom.







One last time, we'll lay down today
One last time- until we fade away
One last time, we'll lay down today
One last time...we slowly fade away
We'll meet again, my friend....someday soon
-Dream Theater, "One Last Time" and "Finally Free"