Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ It Started With A Date ❯ The Plan is in Motion ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Any character in this story does not belong to me
 
It Started With A Date
 
Sonic's POV
 
It's morning. And it's about time. I woke up and stretched myself, releasing a long yawn. All my troubles from yesterday had left my head, almost as if my memories of anything that had happened the previous day had been cleansed out of my head overnight. I knew that couldn't be true. I had to get up eventually, otherwise the others would suspect and I had to admit, I was kinda hungry. I sure could go for something right about now. Anything.
 
Realizing my hunger, I leapt down from the rooftop and began to make my way indoors to the kitchen. As I entered the room, I noticed it was deserted. Good, just the way I like it. The only sounds were of Ella humming to herself in the kitchen. I sneaked into the dining room quietly, hoping to just scrounge an apple. I really wanted to just go on my morning run. Ella and Tanaka often say that compared to Amy, Tails and Cream, I don't eat too much. Yet again, when I'm on a run, I occasionally pick up a chilidog or two. I'm a sucker for chilidogs. Oh, and French fries and doughnuts are pretty good too. And I love the occasional fruit, especially apples.
 
My hand was almost about to close around the apple when I heard a voice, “Sonic?”
 
I knew that voice. It was so lovely and pure and breezy that I could recognize it anywhere. I couldn't believe that I thought that about Amy's voice but I was more focused on Amy being there at all. Suddenly, memories of yesterday flooded back and my mind kept screaming at me to run away. My heart thudded so hard it hurt my chest and I found myself sweating a lot beneath my fur. I kept racking my brains, trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me. I had never acted this way towards anyone, let alone Amy Rose.
 
I was so lost in my aching feelings that I hadn't noticed Amy move closer. I only slightly snapped back into reality when I felt Amy's gentle hand touch my shoulder. I jumped at her soft touch, feeling my head begin to hurt. “Are you okay?” she asked me, “You look kinda pale…”
 
“F-Fine A-Ames…” I managed to stammer, “I-I gotta go…” I quietly said, my hand grabbing the apple quickly and running out as fast as I could. I needed to clear my head.
 
Amy's POV
 
I stared after my blue hero and raised my eyebrow. He's been acting weird ever since yesterday. Could it be to do with that kiss I think he tried to give me? Did he even try to kiss me? It's possible I may I have just got it all wrong and he never tried to kiss me at all.
 
“Ah, good morning Amy!” Ella said cheerfully, placing some toast in front of me. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of cereal. To be even more honest, I hate it. I'm more of a toast girl in truth. I sat there, just running my fingers over the crusts of my toast. I could've sworn that Sonic was blushing on the way out. That can't be true though! My mind must be playing tricks on me, Sonic the Hedgehog never blushes! Yet again, Sonic's always cool under pressure and he flipped out when I caught him trying to take that apple without anyone noticing. He probably just wanted a quick breakfast and a quick getaway.
 
I sighed, taking a bite out of my toast and taking my time to chew on it. I really wonder sometimes what is going on in that hedgehog's head. He doesn't seem to be himself, though if I told anybody, they wouldn't believe me. They would merely say that Sonic was as fine as he always was and that I was worrying too much.
 
But I can't help but to worry. Sonic gets himself in so much trouble it's unbelievable. All the clashes with Eggman and the occasional fights he has with Knuckles, it's a wonder that he hasn't gotten himself severely hurt or possibly even killed. I wish that he wouldn't get into so much trouble at times. It hurts me to think of the consequences and I always get scared that I might lose him. That time on ARK was a good example. I thought that I had lost Sonic for good then. It was a miracle he survived.
 
I finished my toast and licked the crumbs off my fingers and took off without a word. I returned to my bedroom and sat on my bed, my eyes focused on my feet, “Oh Sonikku… what's wrong? Why is it you can't talk to me anymore?”
 
Cream's POV
 
I stood outside Amy's bedroom door with Tails, listening to Amy. I could just about see her, in fact, gazing at her feet and gave a brief sigh, almost depressed.
 
I then stole a look at Tails, who looked somewhat triumphant. “I knew it!” the fox boy whispered to me. I raised my eyebrow at him. “What do you mean?” I asked innocently, holding Cheese in my arms.
 
Tails turned to me. “Not now, let's go somewhere else.”
 
Tails walked off in another direction and it was clear he wanted me to follow him. I did so, skipping a bit to keep up with him. He eventually led me to his room, and sat on his bed. I joined him.
 
“What did you mean by `I knew it', Tails?” I asked once again curiously.
 
“I mean that I knew that Sonic and Amy liked each other!” he blurted out.
 
“Do you really think that Tails?”
 
“Of course, Sonic doesn't act like that around anyone! And since he supposedly tried to kiss her yesterday, he's been acting weird around her.”
 
“But, Sonic and Amy together, as a couple?”
 
“Cream… ever since I first met Amy and saw the way she was around Sonic, I knew that there was a high chance of them being right for each other… and it just proves it for me even more whenever I see him save her life or even just talk to her…” Tails said.

I suppose there was a chance. Though I never admitted it, I like seeing Sonic and Amy together. It just gave me a warm feeling inside and made me picture them doing things a couple would do. I could always see Sonic and Amy walking in the park together, holding hands, pushing each other on the swings, kissing each other… Through my eyes, Sonic acts like he doesn't care, but he does. He does care. More than he could possibly care for anyone else.
 
“And what did you mean by setting Sonic and Amy up on a date, Tails?” I asked curiously.
 
“Ah, I'm very glad you asked me about that Cream…”
 
Tails' POV
 
My plan is flawless. It couldn't possibly go wrong. I smirk to myself, thinking about how it's all going to go. It would start out simple, just friendship and then… if it all worked out, we would have Sonic and Amy all over each other by the end of the night.
 
I pulled out a leaflet from my tails, looked at it and handed it to Cream. The rabbit took it and glanced at it. “Twinkle Park,” she read the cover. She opened the leaflet and began to read it. As soon as she had read what she could, she handed the leaflet back to Tails. “Those roller coasters look scary…” she whimpered.
 
“Cream, this is where Sonic and Amy are going to be set up,” I told her briefly. Cream looked at me in slight confusion.
 
“But how?”
 
That was a good question and admittedly, it took a while for me to tackle it and come up with a good answer. I recognized that the minute Sonic saw Amy there he would run like his life depended on it. However, I realized that if there were others with Sonic, then he might not be so quick to go.
 
“Well, you and I are going to go with Sonic and Amy.” I answered.
 
“But Tails,” Cream objected, “I've got a curfew and I gotta go to bed! Mom will be ever so angry with me if I miss my curfew!”
 
“No sweat Cream… we'll stay there for about half an hour, then we'll make up an excuse, tell them to enjoy themselves and jet off home.”
 
Cream nodded, deciding against asking more questions. I smirked. “All we gotta do is wait for Sonic to come back. You tell Amy we're gonna go to Twinkle Park. I know she's dying to go. The leaflet came from her room.”
 
Cream nodded. “Okay!”
 
Amy's POV
 
I gathered up my swimming equipment and made my way to the pool out back. I'm a pretty good swimmer when I'm unstressed. But I'm only going to do a spot of sunbathing maybe I'll go for a quick dip in the pool. I set up the chair and lay back in it, letting the sun bleach my fur. Quite personally, relaxing in the sun either helps me think a bit more clearly or just helps me forget all my troubles, depending on what I want. I shut my eyes, my bikini skirt blowing ever so slightly in a small breeze. The sun, however, was fairly bright so even squeezing my eyes shut as far as they could go didn't stop it seeming so bright. The problem was easily sorted. I grabbed my sunglasses, put them on and laid back once more. That was much better. I must've come close to dozing off because I would never have jumped so high in shock at being tapped on the shoulder.
 
I noticed the person who had tapped my shoulder was Cream. She looked a little nervous, and was digging her toe into the patio floor. “Hello Amy… did I wake you up?” she asked nervously. I noticed her tone and shook my head. “What's up Cream?” I asked.
 
“Nothing really, just that Tails has asked me to ask you if you wanted to come to Twinkle Park with us tonight.”
 
I almost jumped out of skin again, this time from excitement. I've heard of Twinkle Park, with all those awesome rides. Roller coasters so high, you could probably touch the sky. Water logs so wet, you'll feel like you came out of the ocean. Ghost trains so scary, you would be left with the shivers for the rest of the day. Hell, Twinkle Park has everything, according to my leaflet. Lovely restaurants which sell the finest food, parks with beautiful trees and scenery, everything. I could barely contain myself as I shouted “YES!”
 
I realized that I had just yelled really loud and it felt like the whole world had heard me. I blushed and feebly said, “I'd love to come, Cream.”
 
“Great!” Cream chirped. She was about to skip away when I thought of something. “Cream, wait!”
 
Cream turned, looking a little nervous, “Y-yes Amy?” she stammered.
 
“Is it just you, me and Tails or are the others going?”
 
Cream mumbled something. I couldn't hear her so I asked her what she said again. I heard Cream say, “Sonic might be coming.” before she ran off.

Sonic might be coming to Twinkle Park with us? The prospect seems too exciting to wait for! Yet again, my mind couldn't shake off that nervousness Cream had. I vaguely wondered if there was something she wasn't telling me, something more to this trip than meets the eye…
 
Sonic's POV
 
I skidded indoors and glanced around. I sighed with relief. Good, no Amy. I went to the work shop, thinking of talking to Tails. Might take my mind off of this Amy business. I didn't think I could feel that way towards anyone. It's almost as if I'm… scared of her. The only reason I've ever had to be scared of her was when she was angry and decided to introduce the source of her anger to her hammer. And I know for sure that Amy's hammer can hit hard. I've annoyed her a few times yet she's only ever threatened me with her hammer once. When we were on that cruise ship and I lied to her that she was the cutest thing I had ever seen just to get off the cruise ship. Now, I realize that Amy is pretty cute, though the day I admit it will be the day Eggman gives up on his ideas of his empire.
 
Tails was in the work shop, as always. He was reading for a change, instead of looking for ways to upgrade the X Tornado. I glanced at the cover of what he was reading.

It was a leaflet, with the words `Twinkle Park' written on the cover. I raised my eyebrow. “Tails?”
 
Tails looked up over the leaflet and smiled at the sight of me. “Hi Sonic!”
 
“Er… what's that you're reading?” I asked, somewhat curious.
 
“It's a leaflet for Twinkle Park. I found it in Amy's room and thought I'd have a look.”
 
“Oh,” I merely said. Tails saw this as his chance to continue, “It seems such a good place…”
 
“Yeah, I guess. Let's have a look.” I asked, holding my hand out for the leaflet. I read about Twinkle Park. It was a theme park, and I personally think that theme parks rule, especially the roller coasters. And these roller coasters look pretty cool.
 
“Cream, Amy and I are going tonight… I wanted to know if you wanted to come.”
 
At the mention of the word `Amy' I instantly decided I didn't really want to go. An evening with Amy seems terrifying, even if Tails and Cream were there. If it was just Tails and Cream, I would have said yes like a shot. But with Amy there, yesterday's memories would just keep haunting me and it would be obvious that something was up.
 
“Uh… thanks but no thanks Tails, I don't really feel like it.”
 
Tails wouldn't take no for an answer, “Aw, come on Sonic! It'll be fun, and Cream and I will be there so Amy won't jump on you, please?”
 
I shook my head, “Sorry Tails, I really don't feel like it.”
 
“Please?” Tails whimpered, giving me puppy dog eyes. I hated anything to do with puppy dog eyes. They seem so sweet that I have to give in. Tails continued to give me that look and I sighed. “Fine…”
 
Tails smiled, “Yeah! This is gonna rock!”
 
Tails turned to start examining the X Tornado. And as he worked, I started to think. Why does Tails want me to go so much? If he wanted some male company, he could always ask Chris. Why me? Something doesn't seem right. It's too late now anyway. I promised I'd go. I just hope Amy doesn't get too close.