Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding of the year ❯ Picnic ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
I walked down the path to the crashing waves of the beach, it was a bright Sunday afternoon and Amy begged me to take her on a picnic.
“There looks like a good spot!” cried Amy excitedly pointing at a patch of soft sand and she was virtually dragging me along to the area. She whipped out the blanket and laid it flat on the fine sand.
“Can you help me with the food please Sonic?” She asked.
I laid out the food, including sandwiches and mini sausages. Amy applied sunscreen to her arms before applying some on me.
“Don't wanna burn yourself Sonic.” she remarked cheerfully. We then both lay on the blanket. It felt quite relaxing, although I'd rather run around the beach I guess I could let Amy have some fun for a change.
About half an hour had past, my feet were telling me to take them for a spin. Amy, now wearing shades seemed to have falling asleep so I ran a few laps round the beach.
I almost finished when I literally bumped in to somebody, or rather, she stepped in front of me. We both fell. I got up and found it was CJ the Cheetah.
“Hello CJ.” I said gasping for breath. Last time we met she had wrapped her arms round my waist, rather too tightly. It seemed strange how it had been nearly a year since we had all met her, lost and alone wandering through Emerald Town. Now she had become more of a woman than I expected of her.
I walked with CJ back to the blanket where Amy lay sleeping. She looked so gorgeous laying there in her dress and shades. CJ glanced at me, not that I paid much attention to her.
“You really like her don't you?” she said calmly. I found myself admitting to this. I do like Amy.
“Yeah I do.” I said, glancing at CJ, who was gazing into my eyes.
“You know I like you too.” CJ admitted slowly, an almost disappointed tone in her voice.
“I know” I replied. All the hugs and looks she gave me it aren't exactly hard to miss.
“Why don't I help you?” she offered slowly.
“What?” I asked, confused at what she just said.
“Help you get together with her.” she added, pointing towards Amy's sleeping form.
I thought for a moment, getting together with Amy, a big decision. I do like her a lot but I don't really like that entire big commitment thing. I gazed at Amy and I realized. She loves me and I love her. I decided to give it a go.
“Okay.” I replied.
“You two will make a great couple you know.” replied CJ.
“So what do you mean by saying you'll help.” I asked.
CJ leaned closer to me and whispered into my ear, “The Cremons restaurant, 7pm tomorrow night, under the name 'Rose' just be there yourself, tell Amy I want her to come and see me in the park at 5 tomorrow and I'll do the rest.”
I stared at CJ. She really liked me yet she was helping me get together with Amy. I considered her plan for a moment, “Okay.” I replied and CJ winked at me then left.
I knelt beside Amy who stirred, “How long have I been asleep?” she asked.
“20 minutes.” I replied lazily. I need to plan the evening so that it goes alright. Amy was gazing at me.
“Sonic, do you think we'll ever get married?” she asked, surprisingly calmly.
This is one thing I had never really considered. It struck me how strange it was that all Amy talks about is being with me, and the thought of marriage seemed to have been erased from my memory.
Amy walking down the aisle, a beautiful white dress, all our friends there to congratulate us. Amy would love it. Sure it would work. Then there's the honeymoon, two weeks of just the two of us.
“Sonic?” Amy called; I snapped out of my trance.
“What?” I asked, dazed.
“I said do you think we'd ever get married?” she asked again.
“What? Oh I don't know I doubt it.” I replied.
“Aw man…” Amy moaned and she snuggled up to me.
The thought of marriage played on my mind, the words together forever ringing in my ears. We do spend most of our lives together anyway. Then another thought occurred, what if I asked her tomorrow at the restaurant? Surely she'd accept. Yes, that's it; I'll ask her to marry me tomorrow.
“Should we get going?” Amy asked an hour later.
“Sure.” I replied and we began to pick up the stuff.
“Oh by the way CJ came past here earlier and wanted you to meet her tomorrow at 5 in the park.” I added.
“Why's that?” she asked casually.
“No idea.” I lied.
“Oh well I might as well see her, she is my friend after all.” Amy replied.
“And she said to look your best.” I added, I wanted her to look nice.
Amy gave me a confused look then shrugged and continued packing up.
“She didn't tell me why.” I added trying to sound like I had anything to do with it.
The evening seemed to drag on forever and ever. I had no idea what CJ was planning but it better work, I want the best for Amy.
The evening really dragged. I was glad to be finally going to bed
XXX

I was up early the next morning. I ran around the block a few times to wake myself up then I headed down the high street and entered the nearby jewellery store.
I browsed through the selection of rings. They looked so pretty, I need to find one that Amy would like. After a third look I picked a shiny gold ring with four diamonds glimmering in the sun. I won't say how much but it was quite a bit, but it was worth it. Now all I have to do is wait for the moment to come and then ask her. I felt really nervous but I know she'd love it.