Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding of the year ❯ The meal ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
I've never known a longer day. It's as if the proposal's ages away. I glanced at the clock. It was 5:30. Amy would be with CJ now, if all was going to plan that is. CJ said the booking was for 7pm. I had a shower then brushed my quills. I wanted to look my best for Amy.
An hour soon passed quite quickly. I took a look in the mirror and looked at myself. I think I look alright. Breathing a deep sigh I grabbed the ring and left the house and headed towards the restaurant. It was quite dark. It wouldn't take me long.
I arrived there within five minutes. I entered through the main doors and approached the cat at the desk. She was wearing some uniform which all the staff seemed to be wearing- a white shirt with black jacket.
“I got a booking under the name Rose.” I said clearly. The cat scrolled down a list of name and marked a cross next to 'Rose, 7pm'
“Follow me!” she called and slowly walked off. As I followed her I looked around at the other tables. There were quite a lot of people here today. Some were eating food. Some were chatting and drinking. One couple was kissing each other over their small round table.
The cat stopped near a small round table that was draped in a white cloth. A vase containing a single rose lay in the centre. The cat pulled back a chair indicating for me to sit there. I walked up to the chair and sat down as the cat tucked me in and placed two menu's near the rose in the middle.
“Thanks.” I muttered and the cat walked away. I nervously glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 10 to 7; I stared at the empty chair in front of me, which Amy would soon sit in. Then a horrible thought hit me. What if Amy didn't turn up? What if something went wrong?
As these thoughts ran over in my mind I spotted Amy at the entrance. CJ was next to her. I could see them saying something to the cat then CJ hugged Amy then as soon as Amy turned her back from CJ, she shot me fleeting thumbs up. I took a deep breath as Amy walked up to me, a huge grin spread across her face, I could see she had make-up and was wearing a pretty red dress.
“You and your surprises Sonic!” she smiled. I smiled back. I felt like saying the surprise is yet to come.
“Oh CJ asked me to give you this.” she added and she handed me a small white envelope. I opened it and out fell some coins. It counted them and found there was 20 Mobians.
“What's that for?” Amy asked curiously. It was obviously to go towards the cost of the evening.
“Probably to help towards tonight.” I replied, I placed the note back in the envelope and placed that in my pocket. As I did I held the box containing the ring. My stomach felt like it was in a tight knot.
“So, was this your idea, this evening?” Amy asked
“Er, yeah, kind of, it was mine and CJ's idea.” I replied, the thought of proposal going on in my mind
“So what do you want to drink?” A dog in the same suit as the cats had came to order our drinks.
“Two cokes please.” I replied. The dog scribbled on a pad then walked off.
“So, want to tell me what this is all about?” Amy asked. I knew she had no idea about the proposal but I could hardly say that I am going to propose.
“Just thought you'd like us to spend sometime together.” I replied
“I love being with you Sonikku…” Amy remarked. I could see a Amy love phase coming on.
“You are my love Sonic, I'd love nothing more than being with you, you're cute, you're caring, and you're so amazing...” she added dreamily. I could imagine the love hearts coming out of her head.
The dog soon returned with two glasses of coke and placed them next to us. We had just finished browsing through the menu
“I'll have the chilidog special'” I announced as the dog got out his pad and wrote it down
“I'll have the chicken supreme please'” Amy giggled as the dog took the menu's away
“This is going well isn't it?” remarked Amy. I agreed. The night was going well although my nerves were very high, mainly because I knew I was going to pop the question in less than an hour.
Amy was gazing at me. It was nice to have someone who was in love with you but I admit sometimes the way she gazes at me can give me the creeps
The dinner soon arrived. I tucked into the delicious chilidogs as Amy ate her chicken.
“This food is really nice.” Amy remarked as she finished it off. We actually finished our meals surprisingly quick.
“Let's buy a dessert to share!” Amy suggested. She then ordered a 'strawberries for two' dish which arrived pretty quickly. I tucked into one side as Amy gobbled down the other. At one time we picked up the same strawberry and ended up pulling it in half after a playful fight.
The dog soon cleared the table as Amy finished her drink with a burp.
“Excuse me.” she remarked. We got another round of drinks in. It was quite peaceful sitting with Amy, nobody to disturb us. This was it. I took a deep breath and reached my hand into my pocket, grasped the box and pulled it out and held it under the table. Now how can I do this?
“I'm just going to the loo!” called Amy suddenly; I quickly stuffed the ring in my pocket as she walked past. This was my chance to do something with it, surprise her, but the table was clear except for the drinks and the rose in the middle and a napkin hear Amy's chair. That was it. I grabbed a pen lying on the nearby table, wrote 'To Amy love from Sonic' on the box and placed the ring under the napkin. Now all I had to do was wait.
It took Amy about 10 minutes since she got back to notice the napkin was odd. She lifted it up and her eyes widened at the sight of what was written on the top.
“What is it?” she asked excitedly.
“Open it and see.” I replied. She slowly opened it. My stomach was doing somersaults. This was it the moment of truth.
“Amy,” I began “Will you marry me?”