Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding of the year ❯ Preperations ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
Amy gazed at the ring she held in her hand. My heart was thumping hard.
“I don't know what to say.” she soon replied.
“How about saying yes?” I replied putting on a smile.
“I'm sorry Sonic, I don't think I can.” she replied with a frown.
“What?” I was sure she would have accepted. Then I noticed thatAmy had a huge grin across her face.
“Only joking, of course I'll marry you!” she cried and threw her arms round me and kissed me on the cheek.
“You scared me for a moment then.” I admitted, breathing a sigh of relief. I somehow knew Amy would accept.
Amy wanted to tell everyone our good news so Amy called Cream and asked her to get everyone round her house immediately.
We arrived 15 minutes later, Shadow,Knuckles, Tails, Rouge, Charmy, Vector, Espio, Cosmo and Cream were all there.
“What's so special?” Shadow asked impatiently.
“Well me and Sonic...” Amy began and she put her arm round me, “...We are gettingmarried!”
Shadow stared at me “I thought you told me you was never going to marry Amy?” He responded.
“I know what I said but what I say and what I do are completely different things!” I replied with a smile.
Me and Amy was then showered with people changing our hands, patting our backs and saying 'congratulations' and 'I know you'll be happy together.'
We had a drink to celebrate. Tails and Cream just had coke. We all raised a glass of cheap champagne.
“To Sonic and Amy!” We all cheered and put our glasses together. I felt very happy. Amy wouldn't let go of me the rest of the evening.
XXX
Amy met me early the next morning. We went to the park where we discussed the wedding.
“So when can we get married?” Amy asked. I shrugged. I hadn't really thought of the date yet.
“How about Valentines Day,” suggested Amy eagerly. Amy would obviously pick that date, she'd want it to be as romantic as possible.
“Okay I'll give you a Valentines wedding...” I told her and she threw her arms around me and stroked me cheek, something she rarely does.
“Thanks Sonic!” she cried excitedly and she took out a notepad and pen from her pocket and she wrote the word 'Guests' at the top of the page and underlined it.
“Tails.” I muttered and Amy wrote his name down. Tails was my best friend. He'd always come first. Then an idea came to my head.
“I'll be back in a minute.” I added as I saw Amy add Cosmo's nameto the list.
“Okay.” she replied as I headed down the road.
5 minutes later I knocked on a door which was soon answered.
“Hi Tails can I have a word?” I asked.
“Sure, come in.” Tails replied cheerfully. We sat down on the couch .
“What do you want then?” asked Tails eagerly.
“Well I've known you for years and you are my best friend and I know you're someone I can reply on so I want you to do me a big favour.” I could see Tails' cheeks going red.
“What do you want me to do?” he asked simply.
“Would you do me the honour of being my best man?” I asked importantly. Tails and clearly not expected this according to the look of his face. I could see tears slowly running down his face
“Of course I will, I'll be honoured.” He replied tearfully and he hugged me. After we had a quick drinks celebration I headed back to Amy whose list was now half full.
“Can I have a look?” I asked and she handed me. I looked at the list saying each name aloud.
“Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Cosmo, Amy, Sonic...” I gave her a puzzled look.
“Well we've got to be there.” she giggled as I continued the reading the list.
“Vector, Espio, Charmy, CJ, Jessie, Iesha and Elena.” I finished. I looked at Amy who had a bunch of envelopes sealed and bunch together with an elastic band.
“I've already written the invites out and they are all here, we just need to post them all.” Amy cheered excitedly. She was in another one of those hyper modes again.
“Amy the wedding is 5 weeks away, no need to rush it all now.” I pointed out.
“I know that Sonic,” she replied posting some of the letters through some doors, “I just want everything to be perfect!” she added.
At that moment, Jessie and CJ came into view. CJ was dressed in her usual attire; a white t-short with a purple love heart, and baggy purple trousers. Jessie wore the usual black leather clothing, which clashed well with her black and white fur.
“CJ told me the good news.” said Jessie enthusiastically.
“I told CJ last night.” Amyreplied as if she knew I was just about to ask her how CJ knew.
“I knew it would work. I hope things work well between you.” remarked CJ, all feelings she had for Sonic put aside knowing that Sonic had chosen Amy. Amy handed her and envelope with CJ and Jessies name on it to CJ.
“Thanks.” replied CJ and she and Jessie left as me and Amy posted the rest of the invites.
XXX
The next day Amy was very weird. For some reason she asked me to go with her to pick her dress.
“I can't go with you, I'm not supposed to see your dress until the wedding day!” I protested but Amy was having none of it.
“I don't want you tosee it I just want you there.” Amy replied.
“But I'm bound to see it!” I could see this turning into an argument, which I don't really want as Amy was so happy right now. We went to the store after lunch and Amy took five dresses and went away to try them on. Later she came out with large cardboard box.
“I got it, you'll love it.” Amy replied. I smiled as we left. This wedding was going to be so great.