Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Moon, Twilight Stars(Espio Love Story) ❯ A New Friend, Rouge ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
These next few chapters will be a little bit rushed.

Sandopolis

It was near sunrise as all of you made it to Sandopolis. Even though it was sunrise, it was hot. Vecter and Espio landed their vehicles. Charmy and you hopped off, as did Espio and Vecter.

"Geez! It must be a million degrees up here!"complained Charmy. He was fanning his head with his hand.

"Actually, Sandopolis only reaches to 110 degrees. Right now, I would say that it's only near 80,"you said. They all stared at you as if they saw a ghost. "What?"

"And how would you know?"asked Vecter. Espio and Charmy were wondering the same thing.

"I used to come here to explore and stuff. I know this place very well,"you answered.

"Ha ha! Then this case will be a snap! You can tell us where to go!"said Vecter, giving you a hard pat on the back. You almost fell over.

"Vecter, that would be great if I knew what I was looking for,"you said.

"Oh yeah! We're looking for a government spy named Rouge. She got lost and the government lost her communication,"answered Charmy. You thought for a minute.

"The only way for someone to lose signal is if they went underground,"you said, thinking of all the places that led underground. "Come on now. We don't want our little friend getting poisoned by scorpions, do we now?"

Espio, Vecter, Charmy:*Imagining all the scorpions gaining up on Rouge*

"I guess so. Well, here's a little math lesson; Rouge + Scorpions = $(No money). What about that?"

"OKAY BOYS! Let's get started! Charmy and I will go that way, you and Espio can go that way,"said Vecter, pointing at different directions. Espio went forward a few steps, towards Vecter.

"Why am I pared with Metallic?"he asked. Offended, you stepped back a little. Did he not like you? Why didn't he want to be pared with you? Vecter and Charmy noticed your reaction, except for Espio. He was in front of you, staring at Vecter. There was really nothing Vecter could do about this.

"Well...uh...,"Vecter started. Vecter thought that Espio would love to be with you. "I guess if you don't want to be pared with Metallic, I will." Vecter walked over to you. As you and Vecter were about to leave, Espio finally noticed your reaction. He was about to say something to you, but you and Vecter already left.

"Well, come on Espio,"said Charmy. Espio took a glance at you, then left with Charmy.

With You and Vecter

As you and Vecter were going through an underground cave, Vecter noticed that you weren't speaking. If it's one thing Vecter didn't like, it was complete silence. He needed to think of someway to break the ice!

"So, um, Metallic..."Vecter said. He couldn't think of anything to talk about. He finally noticed the scriptures on the walls. "do you know what these printings mean?" You stopped and looked at the walls.

"Hm, I'm not sure. They could mean anything. I actually haven't noticed them. Kind of funny,"you said, making a little laugh. You looked at them some more. Vecter was pleased to see that he had made you talk.

"Yeah, these things are thousands of years old..."Vecter trailed off. "Well, we better go again." You nodded your head. Vecter wasn't a bad guy after all!

Walking deeper underground, it got more darker and darker. You could barely even see the light behind you. A little farther down, it got completely black. Even if you did put your hand in front of your face, you wouldn't be able to see it.

You noticed that you have never explored this part. You always went on the other side of Sandopolis and explored. This was not only new to Vecter, but you too. Suddenly, as you kept walking, you felt a wall ahead of you. It was a dead end.

"Hey, Vecter,"you said. There was no answer "Vecter?"you asked again. Turning around, you moved your hand in the air, hoping to feel scales, a chain necklace, anything! Doing so you felt an open space beside you, right next to the so-called dead end passage. You started to walk slowing, hoping you weren't going in circles...

Vecter wasn't doing so good either. He was actually in a completely different tunnel.

"Gee, Metallic and I must've went into different places without knowing. Hope she's okay..."said Vecter, walking. Vecter was hoping that soon, you would show up or that light would appear.

However, he wanted to be able to see, to at least know where he's going. He thought for a second, and snapped his fingers.

"I got it!"he said. He sucked in his breath then blew out fire from his mouth(as seen in Sonic Heroes). He saw what was up ahead. It was a wall, and on both sides were more tunnels. "Errr...I'm starting to hate Sandopolis..."groaned Vecter.

With Espio and Charmy(at the beginning)

As Espio took one last glimpse at you, he walked towards Charmy.

"Come on, Espio!"Charmy said.

"I'm coming. Sheesh, you don't have to yell,"said Espio, finally beside Charmy.

"You know, Espio, I have a question,"said Charmy.

"If you're going to ask if you could pull my take and watch it curl back up again, no. Or if it's about me being invisible, don't ask,"said Espio, watching his tail. Charmy laughed at Espio. He decided to ask the question later.

Espio and Charmy found themselves standing in front of an ancient door. After staring at it, Espio walked up to it and preformed a ninja technique. He quickly hit the door with his index and middle fingure. A second later, the door collapsed. Charmy was amazed.

"Wow! How did you do that?!"asked Charmy, looking from the door to Espio.

"It's all part of being a ninja...,"Espio said, entering the room. Charmy just floated in the same spot, not moving for a few seconds. "Aren't you coming?" Charmy snapped out of it and fallowed Espio.

As they were walking, the tunnel seemed to have been going up, not down or straight. Even though this was happening, they still continued to walk. Up ahead was a very large room. It was like being inside a temple. They looked around for a minute, trying to see inside of the structure. However, it was quite hard because of the lack of light.

As far has anybody could see, nothing was in this room. The only thing that Espio and Charmy noticed was another hallway that lead down this time. After one step towards the other path, all doors slammed down. Next, little doors opened up. From inside the shadows, four, glowing red eyes appeared. The glowing eyes were accompanied by others.

"Charmy, watch out!"warned Espio, getting ready to attack. Those eyes were connected to a huge scorpion. One came out, fallowed by a lot more. Charmy got ready to sting the scorpions...or at least hit them.

Espio jumped onto a wall and threw a multiple supply of shuriken. A couple hit one scorpion and fell on the ground, no longer alive. After that, two scorpions launched at Espio. Espio jumped on one then, to the other, kicked it against the wall. To the one that he was on, he pushed it to the ground, causing pressure on it. Espio then jumped off.

As for Charmy, he was just goofing around. Charmy shook his head left to right to see that a scorpion on each side were charging at him. Quickly as he could, Charmy ducked down and covered hid head. The two scorpions flew right into eachother. Charmy looked at the two over grown insects fall to the ground. Charmy laughed at how stupid they were.

"You know Espio, this is really fun!"laughed Charmy. Espio finished off another scorpion.

"Charmy, stop fooling around! Watch out!"said Espio. Charmy ducked down again as a scorpion plunged at Charmy. That attempt failed when the scorpion hit the wall. Charmy flew over to the splatted bug and stung it. Soon, all scorpions were no longer living. Espio wiped his hands together as Charmy did a little dance. All doors opened again and Espio and Charmy headed to their route.

With You

You kept walking, holding Topaz tightly in your arms. Finally you saw light up ahead. You smiled with Topaz and started to run.

"Chao chao!"said Topaz, obviously happy. You giggled a little. Once you got into the lighted room, you looked around. It was completely empty. No doors, no other passages, nothing! You were about to leave until you heard a muffling noise. You looked around. It sounded like it came from above.

Looking up, you saw a female white bat tied up in a spider's web. You gasped as she was trying to get free.

"Hold on! I'll get you down!"you called out to her. You let go of Topaz and went to the wall where she was at. You took off your gloves and heanded them to Topaz. Using your claws, you climbed up, fast, and went near the bat. You teared off part of the web to get closer to, who presumed was Rouge.

You managed to get right beside her and said to her,"Don't move." Carefully, you scratched off the web from her mouth. Then you worked your way around her body so she could get free. "There you go!"you said, taering off the last, sticky peice of web. Rouge jumped down and rubbed her neck.

"Wow, thanks. My name is Rouge the Bat. Yours?"she asked.

"My name is Metallic. And this is Topaz,"you said, holding Topaz. You looked at Rouge. She had on a black jumpsuit with a big pink heart on her breast, with silver trim. Her gloves were long and white with pink at the top. Rouge's boots were the same like her gloves. Except there was a big pink heart at the toe of the boot. Rouge's smile slowly faded away as she spoke again.

"Come on, we have to get out of here before the 'Scorpion Queen' comes back,"Rouge said. You nodded your head and put your gloves back on. Remembering your friends, you spoke.

"What about my friends?"

"We'll find them on the way out,"Rouge reassured. You smiled. Rouge and you ran into the darkend hallway. "And don't worry, I can see in the dark pretty good."

"As well as I can. Although, my night vision has gone bad lately,"you said. Rouge made a small laugh.

"The only way for that to happen is if you hardly go out at night. Your eyes just have to get used to the darkness,"Rouge explained to you. You made a small laugh yourself.

As the both of you were running, well actually you because Rouge was flying, you both ran into someone. You fell down on your tail. You quickly grabbed your tail and started to rub it. This was the second time this happened! You looked over to Rouge. She was rubbing her white furred head. You then looked over to see who you have ran into.

"Vecter?"you asked, looking at the green crocodile.

"Ah...geez..."Vecter groaned, laying on his back.

"Vecter, come on! We have to get out of here!"you said, helping him up. Vecter got up and shook his head. That's when he noticed Rouge.

"I see you found Rouge,"Vecter mumbled.

"Yeah, nice to see you too,"Rouge said sarcastically.

"No time for fighting! We have to find Espio and Charmy,"you said. Rouge and Vecter looked at eachother one last time then turned to you. They agreed not to fight.

While exploring different halls, you saw something flying in the distance, which was amazing to you. Your night vision must be getting better. As first you thought that it was just another scorpion or something, but then you reconized the wings, shoes, and little orange vest.

"Charmy!"you said happily. Charmy looked over at you and smiled.

"Hey Metallic! Oh, hi Vecter and Rouge,"said Charmy in his hyper, yet cheery voice.

"Where's Espio?"Vecter asked.

"He just up ahead. I was just here to see what was over here,"he answered. They all fallowed Charmy towards Espio. "Hey, Espio!"said Charmy. "Look what I found!" Espio saw Vecter, you, Topaz, and Rouge.

"Now let's go. I know the way out,"Rouge said. All of you fallowed Rouge has she lead all of you out of the underground ruins. You had to cover your eyes just for a few seconds.

"Thanks, Rouge,"you said. Rouge looked a little surprised.

"You thanking me? I should be thanking you! You're the one who saved my life. I owe you one, kid,"she said. Rouge said good-bye as she flew off to the Government HQ.

"Okay, we better go now,"said Espio. Vecter and Espio got on their vehicles. Instead of going on Espio's, you went on Vecters. After all, he didn't want to be partnered up with you, now does he? Charmy happily got on Espio's vehicle. Espio hesitated a bit before fallowing Vecter back home...

It was about mid afternoon and you were in your room playing with Topaz. As you were throwing a small bouncey ball to Topaz, you were thinking.

"It's obvious that Espio doesn't want me here. But Vecter and Charmy seems like they do want me here. *sighs* Well, tomorrow I'm going to look for an apartment and live there. I might be ruining the Chaotix Agency...Maybe Rouge can help me out...If I can find her...," you thought to yourself. Topaz threw the ball at you and you caught it. You smiled at her with joy.

Soon, there was a knock at the door. You opened it and it was...

"Hey, Vecter,"you said.

"Hi, Metallic. Listen, all of us got our money. But you helped too. So, we devided it up. Here's your $500,"he said. You never had this much money before. You thanked him as he left. When you shut the door, you decided to tell Topaz about your plan.

"Okay, Topaz, this is what I was thinking. Tomorrow we go look for an apartment. We by a room and live there. Sound good?"you asked.

"Chao chao!"she said.

"Don't worry. Besides, we can't stay here forever,"you said to her.

"Chao chao!"she said again, but this time more happily. You smiled.