Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Moon, Twilight Stars(Espio Love Story) ❯ Trapped With... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Soon, there was a knock at the door. You opened it and it was...

"Hey, Vecter,"you said.

"Hi, Metallic. Listen, all of us got our money. But you helped too. So, we devided it up. Here's your $500,"he said. You never had this much money before. You thanked him as he left. When you shut the door, you decided to tell Topaz about your plan.

"Okay, Topaz, this is what I was thinking. Tomorrow we go look for an apartment. We by a room and live there. Sound good?"you asked.

"Chao chao!"she said.

"Don't worry. Besides, we can't stay here forever,"you said to her.

"Chao chao!"she said again, but this time more happily. You smiled.

You continued to throw the little red ball and watch as Topaz would bring it back. After a while, Topaz seemed to have gotten bored with the ball. You noticed it in her eyes. She also slowed down a bit.

About five minutes later, you stopped throwing the ball and got up. You picked up Topaz and said,"Okay, I think it's time to search for an apartment. We can't stay out too late." Topaz nodded her head in agreement. Both of you went out the door, shut it and went down stairs.

"Um, Vector,"you started. He was the only one in the room. "You know Grand Metropolis well, right?" Vecter rose up from his chair and stretched. He might've been slowly drifting into a sleep.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"Vecter asked, scratching his neck.

"Well, I believe that I over stayed my welcome here. My ankle is better and I can walk really good. So, I was thinking about moving into an apartment. And I was wondering, since you're the only one around, you can help me out a little?" Vecter just stared at you for a moment. "Vecter?"

"Sure thing!"said Vecter. "Always glad to help out a friend. We better start right now,"he said. You smiled.

"Thanks, Vector." Vector left Espio and Charmy a note to where they were going to be. Soon, both of you left in search to find you an apartment. You wanted a small, simple apartment, but one that didn't cost too much to rent.

Around Grand Metropolis

As you and Vecter were looking around, Vecter spotted an apartment. There were several rooms left. You decided to try that one. When you looked inside, both of you wanted to get out of there as soon as possible! If it's one thing you didn't want to live in, it's an apartment with old, wooden floors and cocroachs crawling every which way. Not to mention that it smelled worse then when Vecter eats a burrito.

"Let's get out of here!"said Vecter, running. You fallowed him as quickly as you can. As soon as both of you were back on the elevated sidewalk, it was back to search for an apartment. You spotted a big, beautiful one. You announced it to Vecter and went to that one.

"WHAT?! $600 rings a month???!!!"you shouted at the owner. "Are YOU crazy?!"The owner seemed a little annoyed.

"Listen, Miss,"he started,"this is the best apartment in all of Grand Metropolis. That is, unless you want to live there,"he pointed. He pointed to another apartment. It was just as beautiful.

"You have yourself a deal,"you said. The owner was expecting you to live in the apartment that he owned. "I'm going to move into that one. So long!"

"I lose people that way...,"mumbled the owner. It was time for you to finally have an apartment! You were excited, but a little scared, at the same time. For several days you've been safe with the Chaotix around. But, now you're back to living on your own. It was a little sad in a way.

You and Vecter reached that apartment and looked around. It was very pretty, but simple. Just like what you wanted! You looked around one room and saw that it had a balcony. You went over to it and had a great view of the city and part of the ocean farther away. You loved it! The owner waited to here your answer if you would stay or not.

"The rent is only 300 rings every month. If you miss 3 months of pay, I will be contacting you, that is if you choose to stay,"she said kindly. You thought about it. 300 rings was a pretty good deal! Especially if you got a room like this.

"Deal! I'll be getting this room, right?"you asked. She nodded her head. You signed the contract and smiled. "Isn't this beautiful, Vecter?"you asked, looking around.

"Yeah, it sure is. Well, Metallic, do you want me to leave now?"he asked. You thought for a moment.

"Yeah, you can leave if you want,"you answered. You set Topaz on the counter top as Vecter left. Both of you said good-bye. You were now left alone. It suddenly hit you! "Wait, I don't have nothing to sleep on or eat!" You picked up Topaz and opened the door.

"I knew sooner or later you would suddenly remember that you forgot something,"said Vecter. He had his arms crossed and he was leaning against the wall outside your door.

"Vecter, I-"you got cut off.

"Say no more. You can have the bed at our place. We don't use it at all,"he said. You smiled. You couldn't help but to give him a hug. He was like an older brother to you, in a way. "I'll bring it over right now. It'll just take me 15 minutes!" You nodded your head and he left.

As you were waiting, while sitting on the counter top, you were thinking about something.

"How would Espio react? Will he be mad? Glad? Sad or lonely? Ah! Who cares... Besides, I can do what I want. I'm 15 years old for crying out loud! Still...,you thought.

"Chao chao?"asked Topaz. You looked down at her. She knew something was wrong.

"It's nothing, Topaz,"you said softly. "Come on, let's go out onto the balcony,"you said. Topaz cheered up as she fallowed you. You opened the door to the balcony and looked at the view. Simply wonderful! You got lost in the ocean. It was so beautiful. The mix of blue and purple made it as if it were a painting.

"Choa chao,"said Topaz. You agreed with her.

"Yeah, it is pretty, huh?" Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. You went over to the door and saw Vecter. "Wow, it's been 15 minutes already?"

"Seems like an eternity to me!"said Vecter, panting. You helped Vecter with the mattress and bed. You wondered how he mangaed to bring it all the way over here. "Where do you want this stuff?"he asked you. You decided to pick the closest room.

"Over here,"you said, pointing to a big room. Vecter nodded his head and took the bed and mattress in there. He set it down and sat down. "Now, all I have to do is buy some sheets, a pillow, and a couple of blankets." After a few minutes of rest for Vecter, both of you put the mattress on top of the bed.

"Hey, Vecter, how do you think Espio would react?"you asked. Vecter tought for a few minutes.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. He hardly ever shows emotion towards people, besides us. We'll just have to see,"he answered. Nodding your head, sighed. "You like him, don't you?"

"Wha- Me? Well, only like a frind...,"you said, blushing. Vecter started laughing.

"You know, I think he likes you too!"he announced. You didn't say anything. You were thinking about what had happened at Sandopolis, and what he had said. "Why do I have to go with Metallic?" That rang in your head. Vecter knew that you were thinking about that. He stopped laughing. It was akward for a few moments.

"Ah, well, I guess I'll be going... Bye,"he said. You said good-bye and sat on your bed. You didn't know what time it was. You guessed that it was maybe around 5:00pm. Maybe even a little later. You sighed. Now that it was just you and Topaz, there was hardly anything to do.

"Well, Topaz, how about we go get something to eat and stuff for the bed?"you asked. Topaz shook her head yes. You got up and went over to your door and opened it. Topaz flew right beside you and both of you made your journey to the nearest restraunt. You didn't want to get too lost.

Standing on the blue sidewalk, you decided to get some food first. You told Topaz to keep an eye out for a cafe or something. After a minute or two, you spotted that same cafe that you went with Espio.

"Come on, Topaz. They have good food there!"you said happily. You heard a growl from your stomache and blushed a little. "Okay, so we have to hurry. Quick before I eat someone's arm off!"you teased. Topaz made a small laugh. You went onto a turn and ended up right at the cafe.

Once you stepped inside, you remembered that girl who worked here, Mika. You made an annoyed groan and went inside. You didn't want to sit at a table, so you sat at the counter. Topaz sat beside your arm. A girl came from around the back. It wasn't Mika. It was a different girl. She seemed pretty nice.

She was light purple with long, dark purple hair.She had it up in a ponytail. Her eyes were a blue color. She looked like an echidna. She a had a big smile on her face as she came to you.

"Hello! What can I get you this evening?"she asked cheerfully. You smiled back and ordered the fish and chips. "What about your cute lil' chao?"she asked. She had a Australian accent.

"Um, just get her a small cup of juice,"you answered. She nodded and went into the back. As she was doing so, you tried to find a clock. You needed to know what time it was. You found one above the door. It said 6:01pm. You were a little off on the time. After you knew the time, you waited patiently...

With the Chaotix

"What do you mean she left?!"questioned Espio. "She can get lost out there." Vecter made a growl and spoke.

"She thought that she over stayed her welcome so she wanted to find an apartment. And she did! I was only trying to help out,"he explained. Charmy's antenna's drooped down.

"Does this mean we'll never see her again?"he asked. Vecter smiled.

"Don't worry, Charmy. She only lives about a couuple of miles away. She lives at the Grand Metro Apartment." Vecter looked over to Espio. Vecter knew that Espio thought that it was his fault. "Don't worry, Espio. We can go visit her tomorrow." Espio said nothing and went into his room.

"Hey, Vecter, why can't Metallic join our Detective Agency? She found Rouge and rescued her, right?"asked Charmy. Vecter thought for a moment.

"I don't know Charmy. She might join us. But don't forget she has a live out there too. Maybe you can ask her,"he said to Charmy. Charmy smiled. He really liked you. It was almost as if he was a little brother...

Back with You

You were eating your fish and chip as Topaz was drinking some juice. Every minute or so you would give her a peice of fish, a small peice. As both of you were enjoying your meals, the girl came again and handed you the bill. It only came out to 5 rings. After eating all of it, you payed your bill. You looked at the time again and saw that it was 6:28pm.

"Wow, we stayed here for a while,"you said to Topaz. As you were getting up to leave, that girl came out again, heading for the door.

"Finally this cafe closes. Oh, hi again. My name is Luna,"she said. She smiled and waited for you to go out the door.

"Oh, hi. Mine's Metallic,"you responded. You went out the door onto the elevated sidewalk. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where a store is at around here, do you?"you asked here.

"Well, it depends. What are you looking for?"she asked.

"Um, I kind of just moved into this city I need to by some blankets and a couple of pillows,"you answered.

"Oh, okay! Turn there and it should lead you to a huge store. I forgot what it's called...,"she answred.

"Thanks. Let's go Topaz!"you said. You went on the turn and she was right. It led you to a huge store. You went inside and looked around. "Wow, they have everything but a kitchen sink,"you remarked,

"Aisal 24, Hardware section,"said a lady. You:*anime sweat drop* You walked away and looked for all the comforters, sheets, and the pillows. Going down all the aisals hurt your feet. You guessed that there was at least 1,000,000,000,000, aisals in the whole store!

Just as you were about to give up, you found part of the store with just what you were looking for!

"Finally!"you said happily. There were so many blankets that you couldn't choose. You found two blankets that you really liked. One was silky, dark purple with a gold trim. The other was a silver color with black designs. You decided to go with the silver one. Next, you got a couple of pillows, including a small one for Topaz.

"Okay, let's hurry up and get home before it gets too dark,"you said. You went up the cash lady(I have no idea what it's called) and put you things on the the convaer belt(sp?). She priced everything and you handed her the money. Now, you will be sleeping on a soft bed with blankets and pillows.

Later At your Apartment

After fixing up your bed and other things, you went out onto the balcony and looked at the newly shown stars. The moon was so big, you just wanted to reach up and touch it. It glowed an awesome shade of yellow and white. It looked so beautiful.

As you were going back inside, you heard a thump. You stopped and looked around. Nothing. You walked again to your room and heard heavy footsteps behind you. Slowly, you turned around and saw...

"Nothing...,"you said to yourself. "Probably just my imagination,"you said to yourself. You continued to walk until you heard it again. As you kept walking, not turning around, the footsteps got closer and closer to you. You turned around and gasped.

As fast as you could you ran to your door! You tried opening it but it wouldn't budge. You kept shaking it, hoping it would open. No use. You heard the thumps close behind you. You forgot about your door and went into your room. You slammed the door, hoping he wouldn't brake it down with the poundings.

Topaz woke up, worried. You told her to hide somewhere and she did. She knew that if you told her to hide, what was happening. The pounding on the door stopped. You panted and looked around your room. The only thing that was in your room was a closet and a bathroom. If you went towards the closet, that's where he would look first. And if you hid in the bathroom, he'd probably hurt you with the glass or something.

"What's the matter, Metallic?"said the cold, mysterious voice of which you dreaded. You looked over to see him, Fang, standing by your bed. You couldn't speak a word. He came closer to you. Your mind said get up and go, but your body said stay. You didn't know what to do.

"W...what do you want?"you asked, scared. Fang stood infront of you smirking. Fang then knelt down and grabbed your chin. Surprisingly, he gave you a rough kiss on the lips. After another five seconds, he released you.

"I want you,"he answered...