Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Moon, Twilight Stars(Espio Love Story) ❯ The Evil Side of Metallic ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"EGGMAN!"Espio said bitterly. Espio's eyes turned from soft to furious in just seconds. Everyone got ready to take him on. Did everyone here hate him? Even Espio did!

"Ah, I assume you're Metallic, right?"started this Eggman. "Well, I found what I came for!" Eggman pressed a button on his machine and a huge robot came up from the ground. The giant robot then grabbed you with his claws. You tried to free yourself, but it was no use!

"Metallic! Keep her out of this, you b-"Espio got cut off.

"Tsk tsk, Espio, you shouldn't be using such language! Ho ho ho! Ta ta, everyone!"said Eggman. You called out for Espio, but it wasn't enough. The clawed hand around you was crushing your body. You blinked slowly a few times. Soon, you got knocked out because of the lack of air.

Some people went after the robot, but the robot was too powerful. Fang, staying behind, used the emerald to deistract them by blowing something up. When this happened, the robot got a chance to escape with you in his clutches. Fang laughed and disappeared with them...

Espio got an intence feeling of anger through out his whole body. Charmy and Vector, who had been at the buffet table, looked at eachother. From all the times they've known Espio, he's never acted like this towards anyone else. Usually he would just be calm and cool and get right to the mission of saving that person. That all changed, since he was acting furious and worried. What was Eggman doing with Fang...?

With You

Slowly, you blinked your eyes slowly, getting your eyes adjusted to the light. Once that was done, you lifted your head up. Instantly, a pain shot up through your head, and you grabbed it, hoping it would stop soon.

"Ah, I see you're finally awake,"said a voice. You looked up to see that egg shaped man again, known as Dr.Eggman. You shook your head softly spoke to him in a demanding voice.

"What do you want with me?"you started. "And why am I here?"

"Well, well, don't we have a tempure. If you must know, I made a deal with someone you know very well, Fang the Hedgehog. If I retrieved you, I get to use that mysterious metallic emerald for power!" You made a gasp. It wasn't because of the deal, it was because the power of the metallic emerald.

"But, you don't understand! That emerald is capable of destroying everything, including you. You don't realize the power that the emerald has,"you said to him.

"Perfect! I'll make a ship that can't be damaged by this em-,"he started, but got interupted by you.

"You must be the greatest idiot alive! You didn't even listen to one word I said,"you said to him, rolling your eyes. Why couldn't he just listen the first time? Eggman got mad this time, annoyed with your so-called knowledge about the emerald. He hated it when somebody knew something more about him. Eggman made a grunt and left, igorning your warning.

"Great, now I'm trapped in some cell with a nutcase...,"you mumbled to yourself. you sighed and spoke to yourself again. "Er, why do I have to be so weak for? Why can't I be as strong as Espio or Vector? Even Charmy's tougher then me! Grr!"

With Fang

Fang looked out the window on Eggman's ship. As he was watching the scenery before him, his mind was full of thoughts. He had a few thoughts and questions about this Dr.Eggman. For instance, could he actually trust him? He only knew Eggman for a short period of time.

Yes, Fang was very cunning, and sometimes decieving. But this seemed to rival Eggman's slyness very well. And, to be completely honest, Fang didn't trust Eggman all that well. Only enouge to let him use the emerald and that's it. Nothing else.

Another question roamed his mind; why would Eggman want to use the metallic black emerald? Was he insane? Didn't the Doctor know that this emerald could destroy him? Only a fool would use this emerald for something like this. Ah well, it's his funeral, not his.

Fang's thoughts were interupted when he heard footsteps coming his way. From the corner of his eye he saw the evil scientist grinning, but also showing a hint of annoyance. Fang crossed his arms as he turned to him.

"Ah, Fang! I will require that emerald soon. And in return I have Metallic waiting in a cell for you, as promised,"he started.

"Hm, so, when do I get my emerald back?"asked Fang. Dr.Eggman looked surprised. It was as if he thought that Fang gave him the emerald. "I'm not letting you kepp it, you know."

"Err, after I destroy that blue pesk! When I'm done with that, you can have 'your' emerald back,"Eggman answered. Fang made a small, faint laugh. "And just what's so funny?"

"You want to destroy that hedgehog? Heh, I could've easily beaten him, and yet, you have been struggling all this time. And to think you call yourself an evil scientist. It's obvious that that hedgehog is smarter then you,"Fang remarked. Eggman's tempure went through the roof. It was very challenging to keep his tempure under control.

"We'll see about that! I will finally destroy that hedgehog!"announced Eggman. Fang shrugged his shoulders and walked away without saying another word. He wanted to let Eggman release his anger...

With the Others

"Hey, don't worry, Espio, we'll get Metallic back,"said Vector, trying to lighten up the mood. Espio was standing with his back turned, waiting impatiently for Tails to get his ship going. That was the only way to fallow Eggman's ship. Espio didn't speak a word to Vector. Instead, he walked over to Tails.

"How much longer until it's done?"asked Espio. Tails seemed to be annoyed and sighed.

"I told you, five minutes. Relax,"he answered, getting back to work. Tails needed to adjust a few systems and wires in his ship. Espio was going to protest, but he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked to see that it was is long time friend, Sonic.

"Espio, I know you're mad, but you need to let Tails do his job. Bugging him won't help,"Sonic told Espio. Espio knew Sonic was indeed right. Tails said he would be done in five minutes, and five minutes it shall be.

"Yeah...,"mumbled Espio, walking away from Sonic's grasp. Espio continued to wait.

Vector and Charmy looked over at Espio. Vector sighed as he spoke in sympathy for Espio. "Gee, Espio sure has strong feelings about Metallic."

"Yeah. So, you think he loves her?"asked Charmy. Vector looked at Charmy amazed.

"Of course, Charmy! It's very obvious! I knew they were in love when I first saw them in the forest!"said Vector. Charmy then asked a very unexpected question.

"Do you like Metallic?"asked Charmy with much curiosity. Vector's eyes widen. He didn't see this coming!

"Well...I...uh...just as a friend!"Vector said. He didn't know who he was trying to convince more; himself or Charmy. Charmy got a I-think-you-like-Metallic look on his little round face. "Charmy...don't you even start!"warned Vector. Charmy couldn't help but to show a huge smile on his face.

"It's ready!"shouted Tails. Espio imediantly went over to the ship, along with the others(with the exception of Shadow. Doesn't care for youXP) Soon, all of them took off, going in the direction of Eggman.

Back with you

"Okay, I need to learn an abilty or something, and I need to learn one now! Errr...but how? How did Sonic learn to run so fast? How did Espio learn to throw unlimited shuriken stars? Ugh!"you said aloud to yourself. Most people knew what kind of powers they had. Everyone, except for you.

You needed to do something to see if any "abnormal" things happened. But what? There was nothing in this cell or room that you could possibly test out at all. You groaned, desprately trying to find anything at all, even a small little peice of hair! Wow, how desprate is that?

You stopped searching when you heard the door open. You looked up to see Dr.Eggman. He had his arms behind his back as he came walking towards you. Eggman had a very evil smile on his face, a smile that really creeped you out.

A thought creeped into your mind. You knew him from somewhere. No, not that encounter at the party. It was somewhere else that was way before that. But where and when? Your thoughts were soon interupted by his voice laughing. You didn't see any of this funny...

"Ho ho ho ho! Soon, my plan to destroy Sonic and his friends will be complete! And, as a reward for being such a good sport through all of this, you get front row seats to watch them! Ha ha!"he laughed. You got angry as he spoke those vile words. How could he? What has Sonic, Espio, Charmy, and the others do to them? It was his fault for wanting world domination, not their's.

"You won't be able to beat them!"you snapped at him, starting to tense up. Dr.Eggman looked at you for a second, not laughing. He thought about what you had said.

"Ha! It will work. You will be the destraction for me to destroy them all. After all, you are that chameleon's lover, correct?"he asked at the end. You blushed a thousand shades of reds and pinks. And just how would he know?

"No! It's not like that!"you tried to convince. But like Vector, you didn't know who you were trying to convince more, you or Eggman. "What's with everyone saying that?!"you asked, throwing your arms up in the air and rolling your eyes. Eggman laughed and walked off once more. You graoned for a bit before muttering under your breath,"Does he always have to do that?"

However, justa few minutes after Eggman was gone, the door opened again. This time it was Fang. Usually, he had on an emtionless face, with anger in his eyes. But this time, his face expression was very different. He showed one emtion that you never thought you'd see; saddness and a hint of something that looked like he was worried.

Worried? Since when has Fang ever been worried? Especially sad! The last time you could ever remember him being sad was when he met you for the very first time. And that was only because you were crying over an event that took place. You sighed while crossing your arms and spoke to him a cold-hearted tone.

"What do you want? Don't you think that you've already caused enough trouble?"you snapped at him. Fang didn't do anything. He simply made a grunt and spoke to you.

"You know, I'm surprised you don't know him,"he said. He leaned against your cell with his arms crossed. You stood up and went over to where he was standing. You wrapped your hands around the cold metal bars and decided to question him.

"What do you mean? Remember who?"you asked quite confused. Fang stared at you from the corner of his eye and spoke again.

"I mean, I'm surprise you don't remember Eggman,"he answered, shifting his position a little. You got even more puzzled. Remember Eggman? How could you remember Eggman if you just met him this afternoon?

"I still don't know what you mean. I just met him today. I never saw him before,"you said to him.

"Maybe this will jog up your memory a little...,"he started. "Twelve years ago...fire blazing everywhere around HillTop Village. Your parents screaming slowly fades away as they burn in the unforgiving fire.

"Your little sister raises her hand for you to help her out of the catastrophic blaze. You only watch as you're the last one out of your clan...Metallic, do you know who started that fire?"

You didn't say anything. The images, the killing, everything came back in your mind. Your hands were shaking and your heart was pounding. Yes, you knew who started the mess. It all came back. His laughter...Eggman...He started the horrible tragity. You looked at Fang, a tear streaming from your eye.

"Eggman...,"you said. The tone of your voise was both angry and saddness. You didn't know which you felt more. Angry or sad? The door opened once more and there he was standing, the killer. You clentched the bars of your cell tightly. You felt enery that you never experianced before.

The metallic emerald in Fang's hand started to glow a black, mixed with purple, aura, as well as you. Fang stood back, watching while dropping the emerald. You held out your hand as the emerald floated into the palm of your hand. A flash appeared as soon as you grabbed it.

While this happened, Sonic and everyone else barged into the same room. They stopped once they saw what was happening. Watching in horror, Espio called out to you. No answer came from your mouth. When the flash went away in seconds, they didn't see the same Metallic as they once knew.

You, you changed into something, something unimaginable. Your lush, brilliant, silver like hair changed into blood red. Your bangs were red with silver tips at the end. Your once beautiful emerald eyes changed into a gold of hatred. You had black claws about an inch long.

"Meet Chaos Metallic...,"you said in an evil voice. It sounded like a hissing snake's voice mixed in with yours. Neither of them could believe their eyes of what had happened...