Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Moon, Twilight Stars(Espio Love Story) ❯ Carnival Night ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After opening your eyes again, you noticed some bruises on your arms and a couple on your legs. There must've been one on your head too, since you touched a certain spot and a pain shot up.

Trying to stand up and walk, your body forced you to drop to the floor. It woke up Topaz and she looked your way. She imediantly noticed that you were down and went to help you.

"Chao, chao,"she said. You didn't say anything. Or, actually you couldn't say anything. Topaz got really worried and opened the door. You knew exactly what she was going to do. You waited on the ground for what it seemed like hours. Finally you hear some footsteps coming up the stairs. Not a moment later did you see the Chaotix.

Espio was the first one to help you. He tried to help you up, but to matter how hard he tried, you wouldn't let him.

"Metallic, you have to let me help you,"said Espio, looking at you. You knew that he had to. But the agony surrounding your body wouldn't let him. It was just too much. "Metallic?" You shook your head yes, letting him help you. Eventhough it was really agonizing, you managed to stand up.

However, only after a couple of seconds, you fell into Espio's arms. You blushed a little, but didn't care. You looked up a little to see that he made a small blush too. You made a small smile as he helped to your bed. Soon, you fell asleep once more, this time, with the pain less intense...

+One Month Later+

It's been one month to this day since you transformed into your chaos form. After that act, you and Espio became even more close to eachother. However, Espio still hasn't asked you out yet. Sometimes you would hear Espio, Vector, and Charmy talking about it. But Espio would just chicken out.

But it really didn't matter, since you two always went with eachother every where. Not only that, but thanks to Espio, you learned a couple of abilities when training with him. For instance, you could do several ninja techniques. You also learned how to control your Chaos form. You won't go completely insane and attack the "good" guys, only that bad.

Besides that, you got to know Espio's friends pretty good too. Every couple of days Rouge would want to go shopping with you, which meant five hours of nothing but walking and looking. Sometimes you guys would even stay longer then five hours. And, after shopping, your feet would hurt for an hour. However, you did enjoy it...when Rouge wasn't having a fit over the prices...

With Vector and Charmy, they were like brothers to you. You guys would play around with eachother, since they usually came over to your apartment, which now had stuff in it. It was very fun hanging out with them.

Like Vector and Charmy, Sonic and Knuckles were like brothers too. They would always watch out for you, like how older brothers would do. Although, Sonic would play around with you more then Knuckles.

The thing that you really liked though was Espio. Not only because you two had a very good relationship, but he was more relaxed and could joke around more then usual. He was still serious when it came to missions, but learned not to be so quiet all the time.

Every Saturday, all of you, including Sonic's friends, would have a race. Not by running, but by this new racing gear called Extreme Gear(As seen in Sonic Riders). You guys would usually race around Metal City, near Metropolis. You were really good at it. Now onto the story!

Afternoon

"Come on, Espio! You chicken out everytime!"said Vector to Espio. The Vector and Charmy were trying to talk to Espio into asking you out tonight. Tonight was the opening of a Carnival. You had no one to go with, although a lot of guys have asked you to go with them. But you kept refusing because your were waiting for one person to ask you.

"But-"Espio got cut off by Vector again.

"No buts! You guys go everywhere together! Besides, for all you know, she could be waiting for you to ask her,"Vector spoke. Espio sighed, looking down. When it came to dates, Espio was the more shy then usual. Usually, he would just change the subject or something.

"But I'm not good at these things!"argued Espio. Vector laughed and replied.

"Not good? Espio, every single girl wants you! How can you not be good at these things? Oh well...Charmy and I will help you out!"

"Oh, great! I feel much more confident now!"Espio said sarcastically. Vector made a small grunt. As both Charmy and Vector were talking to him, Espio was day dreaming...

With You

"Rouge, Amy, can we please go now? My feet hurt,"you said, sitting down on a bench. You never knew that Rouge and Amy could be such shopoholics! How could they stand walking around for hours and trying on practically everything on? You'll never be able to figure that out.

"Ah, come on, Metallic! Only a few more minutes!"said Amy, walking infront of you. She had atleast 5 bags in each hand. Rouge had like a thousand. As for you, you only had one.

"That's what you said an hour ago,"you muttered, putting your bag down. Rouge laughed and sat beside you and spoke.

"Come on! Don't be such a party pooper! Besides, we have to get you a special outfit for tonight,"said Rouge. You looked up at her with suspicion and confusion.

"What do you mean by a 'special outfit'? Why would I need a special outfit for?"you asked.

"For tonight at the carnival! You know, Carnival Night! And the special outfit is for your date,"answered Amy. You got even more confused. Then a horror struck your mind.

"You guys didn't set me up on a blind date, did you?!"you asked, jumping up. That's the last thing you needed, especially with what happened last time. You didn't even want to think about it at all.

"No, no!"laughed Rouge, shaking her hands. "You know who we're talking about. Espio. You two have been really close lately..." You had a million shades of red blush. "So, did he ask you out yet?"

"We're just friends, nothing else!"you tried to say. You didn't sound too convincing. Rouge and Amy gave eachother a smirk, then looked back to you. "What?"

"Just trust us, you'll need a special outfit. Now come on!"said Rouge. Amy and Rouge pulled on your wrists into the next store. Sighing, you let them drag you into another huge store.

Inside, Rouge and Amy were just as fast as Sonic while searching in the store! After a couple of minutes, each of them had a stack of clothes on their arms. At first, you thought that they were for themselves. But you were wrong.

"These are for you! Try them on!"said Rouge. You looked at the clothes.

"All of them?"you asked. Amy and Rouge nodded their heads yes. You:*anime sweatdrop* Stumbling towards the dressing room with the clothes, fallowed by Rouge and Amy, you said to yourself quietly,"These people are crazy..."

You came out wearing the first outfit(make it up), and Rouge examined it.

"Hmmm, not bad on you. But I think we need to find a smaller pants size. Next!" You nodded your head and went back into the dressing room. A few minutes later, you came out with a dress on. Even though you didn't like dresses very much, this one looked good on you.

"Oo lala,"said Amy and Rouge at the same time, in a French accent. The dress wasn't too fancy, nor plain. It had some little jewel designs around the rim of it. What Rouge liked about was that it was sleeveless and strapless. They told you to try on another outfit.

You came out wearing a tanktop and pants. Rouge and Amy liked it, but you didn't. It was a little itchy on you and felt weird. For the next half hour, all you did was try on clothes and 'pose' for Amy and Rouge.

Later, you purchased only half of the clothes that Rouge and Amy picked out. After getting out of that trecherous place, you offered to buy lunch, since it was 1:00pm. They agreed and all of you went to the food court. You chose the restraunt and all of you picked what you wanted, while waiting in line.

Waiting to be next, someone ran by you and took your money! You growled angerly and shouted,"HEY!" Everyone turned to you, but you didn't care. You started to run after the little thief!

Your metallic emerald appeared in your hand and ran faster(your emerald gives you more power/speed). Catching up to the little criminal, you yelled out,"Come back here, you little punk!" The thief ran into a store and hid. You ran into the same store, and looked around.

"Great! Just great! Out of all of the stores, he had to run into a dark one...,you thought to yourself. How were you ever going to find that little crook? You thought about it for a second, while looking around closely, and figured it out! Heh heh heh, I'll just use the emerald.

Using the emerald, you saw him hiding under a racket of clothes(as seen in part 6). You walked over very quietly and moved the rack of clothes quickly. Just before the thief could get away, you grabbed him and dragged him out of the store. You got a better look at him.

He looked a little younger then you, maybe about 12 or 13. He was a green hedgehog with yellow eyes. He had on an annoyed face as he crossed his arms. He looked like a little version of Sonic, only with black shoes. and black gloves. He was just a plain old rebel, nothing special. It was now time to confront him.

"My money, I want it back,"you said coldly. He didn't do anything for a second, but literally tossed it to you. You catched it and put it in the pocket of your pants. "So, punk, you have anything to say?"

"No,"he grunted.

"Hn, okay then, tell me, why'd you take my money? It seems to me like you have some of your own,"you said, taking a lokk at the money in his jacket pocket.

"It was just a dare by my friends, woman. You don't have to get worked up about anything!"he snapped at you. Just a dare? He was STEALING! Stealing was against the law!

"What's your name, boy?"you asked bitterly. You've only known him for a couple of minutes and you already hate him! He was really getting on your nerves.

"Everyone just calls me Z,"he answered. You got a weird look on your face but spoke again.

"Okay, 'Z', where's your parents?"you asked. He didn't speak. "Well?"

"If I knew, I'd be with them right now!"you yelled. What? No parents? He's been living alone all this time? No wonder he wanted money. You wondered where he lived.

"Well, uh, do want something to eat?" He made a grunt and said in an angry voice,"I don't need your pity!" He ran off somewhere, probably to his friends. You blinked a few times and walked away.

Later

It was around 6:00pm and you still haven't found anyone to go with. Amy was forcing Sonic to go with her, Tails and Cream were going together, Rouge would blackmail Knuckles if he didn't go with her(I hate that couple>_>), Shadow had no choise but to go with Maria(or else...), Vector and Charmy wanted to go by themselves, and Espio didn't like any gatherings like this.

You sighed and looked outside while on your balcony. The carnival started at 6:15pm. Rouge and Amy told you to wear a special outfit and wait for a knock at the door. Your out was a black, long sleeved shirt with little teal gems. It had a teal trim on the neck, bottom of sleeves, and the bottom of your shirt. Your pants were a teal color too. With it, you just wore your black boots. But so far, nothing has happened. They even told you to dress up your hair a little, not too fancy though. Here you were in your nice outfit with your hair in a simple, wavey ponytail with with your bangs on the side.

You went in and saw that Topaz was watching a little cartoon. You couldn't take her with you, since she'll get lost. You sat down on the couch with Topaz and made another sigh. You looked at your clock and saw that it was 6:10pm. There was no way you could find anyone at this time. They're all probably at the Carnival, waiting for it to be open.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. You honestly didn't know who it was. You would have figured that all of them would be at the Carnival. You went over to the door and opened it. There you saw...

"Espio? What are you doing here?"you asked, letting him in. Espio looked at you in awe. You were dressed up a little.

"Well, I...uh...was wonder if you'd like to go to the Carnival with me,"he answered, looking away while blushing. Blinking your eyes several times you gave him a hug. After severald seconds, you stood back and spoke.

"I thought you didn't like these type of things,"you said.

"Not really, but I have nothing else to do. But if you don't want to-"he got interupted by your hand grabbing his.

"It's okay. Come on, let's go,"you said. Espio nodded. First, however, you had to make sure that Topaz would be alright and prepared her food for her, if she got hungery. You and Espio were then on your way to the Carnival!

Carnival Night

Rainbow lights swirled around on poles and from pole to pole. Music was playing from intercoms hanging from poles(It's the music that's playing right now^^) It was bright and colorful. There were many rides, games, and prizes. It was unbelievable! (I'm going to describe how the carnivals are over here by this)

"Espio, it's so beautiful!"you exclaimed, looking at all of the glowing ball of light. Flags were hanging down from wires that seemed invisable from each tall pole. Many people were walking around, not sure where to start first!

"Not as beautiful as you,"Espio thought, looking at you with a smile. You smiled at him and spoke.

"Let's get some cotton candy." Espio said okay and both of you went over to the cotton candy stand. You looked at all of the different flavors. "Wow...that's a lot of cotton candy...I'll have pink!"you said, pointing you the pink. The man got out a thin white cone and started to gather up the pink cotton candy. "How about you, Espio?"

"Um, I'll have the blue,"he said. The man, who was a hedgehog, nodded his head and did the same thing. Espio got his cotton candy and started to eat it. The taste of the cotton candy melting on your tounge was good. You could tell that Espio was having a good time too.

Walking around, admiring the view of everything, you noticing a stand. It was one of those stands that have you throw the ball at the metal bottles. If you knock all of them down with in three throws, you get a prize. That seemed interesting to you.

"Espio, can you win me a prize?"you asked, pointing to the stand. Espio looked at it for a second. He said yes and both of you went to it. You held his cotton candy for him as he paid a ring. He knew that it was just a trick. The metal bottles were actually glued together so you couldn't win. But Espio was more then strong enough to knock these down.

"Watch and be amazed,"Espio said. The man who was running that stand laughed. He didn't believe that Espio could knock the bottles down. Espio threw the ball hard and...

"WHAT!?!?"shouted the man. The bottles flew in the air and crashed into the floor. "But, how...?"

"I believe I get a prize,"Espio said while smirking. "Choose the one you want, Metallic."

"I choose...that one,"you said, pointing to a huge stuffed animal of your favorite animal(choose your favorite animal). The man got it down as he was grumbling. Espio handed you the stuffed animal, which was almost as big as him, and handed it to you. It was almost your height!

Espio got his cotton candy back and both of you walked away, leaving the man to pick up the heavy bottles. You make a small giggle. That man deserved it for thinking that Espio was weak! You were just about to say something to Espio until...

The both of you suddenly got snatched away from eachother. You were behind a random stand and saw Rouge. Rouge?

"Rouge, what are you doing?"you asked, a little mad at her.

"Did he make a move yet?"she asked quickly, looking past you. You made a puzzled look and looked behind. There across from you was Vector with Espio.

"No, like I said, we're friends,"you told her...again. Rouge sighed.

"Okay, whatever you say,"she said, and walked off. Just as you were walking back, you saw that Espio was finished with Vector.

You and Espio talked for a bit until you saw something that looked very interesting.

"Espio, can we go into the Fun House?"you asked sweetly. What could Espio say but yes? Besides, who could say 'no' to you? As you went in with Espio, he started to get a little nervous. However, you didn't seem to notice.

You laughed as the different kinds of mirrors changed your image. How could they make the mirrors do that? You looked at Espio who didn't enjoy it as much. Maybe he didn't like the way he turned out in the mirrors? You didn't know.

"Come on, Espio. Let's go this way,"you said, grabbing his hand. You ventured deeper into the room of mirrors. You let go of Espio's hand and said,"I'll be over here." You ran off, leaving Espio behind.

Espio looked around, starting to feel a little dizzy. He felt as if his lungs were closing up on him. He gently fell to his knees, wishing he was out of this place. This place...it brought back haunted memories of his past. He remembered what had happened a couple of years ago...