Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Moon, Twilight Stars(Espio Love Story) ❯ A Perfect Kiss ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Espio, can we go into the Fun House?"you asked sweetly. What could Espio say but yes? Besides, who could say 'no' to you? As you went in with Espio, he started to get a little nervous. However, you didn't seem to notice.

You laughed as the different kinds of mirrors changed your image. How could they make the mirrors do that? You looked at Espio who didn't enjoy it as much. Maybe he didn't like the way he turned out in the mirrors? You didn't know.

"Come on, Espio. Let's go this way,"you said, grabbing his hand. You ventured deeper into the room of mirrors. You let go of Espio's hand and said,"I'll be over here." You ran off, leaving Espio behind.

Espio looked around, starting to feel a little dizzy. He felt as if his lungs were closing up on him. He gently fell to his knees, wishing he was out of this place. This place...it brought back haunted memories of his past. He remembered what had happened a couple of years ago...

"ESPIO!"you shouted. You ran towards the purple chameleon and knelt down beside him. You didn't know what was happening. Did someone attack him? "Espio, what's wrong?"you asked concern. He was breathing hard. Espio wasn't answering. You didn't know what to do.

After a second, you helped him up and took him out the Fun House. Maybe he had a little too much fun? Both of you sat on a bench and you asked as he was calming down,"What happened?" After a minute or so Espio answered as calmly as possible.

"I...Im claustrophobic,"he murmered. You had a puzzled look on your face.

"I now have two questions. One, why didn't you tell me, and two, why?"you asked. (For those of you who don't know what claustrophobia is, it means that you have a fear of confined spaces.) Espio didn't say anything for a couple of seconds, but spoke up.

"I don't know why I told you. Here's why I have it. A couple of years ago I met Eggman. He trapped me in a capsule type thing and I couldn't escape it. It's kind of like how Shadow was. When I escaped, thanks to Knuckles, I valued my freedom. Trust me, it was a horrible experiance,"he answered.(It's true)

"You're not alone,"you said, smiling. This time it was Espio's face that had a confused looked. "I have a couple of phobias."

"Really?"started Espio, a little surprised. "Name them."

"Okay, let's see, I have acrophobia, hydrophobia, and I used to have clinophobia, that is, until I met Topaz. She kept me company,"you answered, thinking of all of the phobias.

"You have acrophobia, yet you can climb the tallest tree or like in Sandopolis, pyramids?"asked Espio, quite surprised. You shook your head yes. "Okay, now why are you hydrophobiac?"he asked.

"When I was little, I was with my mom and I fell into a river, a deep one. It took me down to a huge lake and I barely drowned. But I only get scared if like I'm out in the middle of nowhere like on a boat in the ocean,"you answered, thinking about it. "And for acrophobia, I'm not scared if I have someone beside me or with me." Espio now understood. He wanted to ask about clinophobia, but he already had a feeling why you had that.

"Hm, I thought I was the only one with problems,"said Espio, looking down. You laughed and put your arm around Espio's neck, as if just resting.

"Nope, we're two of a kind!"you said with a bright smile. You noticed that the Carnival was starting to close up a little bit. You didn't realize how long you've been here. "Espio, can we go on one more ride?"you asked, putting your stuffed animal beside you. Espio made a small smile and said yes.

"Which ride?"he asked, standing up while holding out his hand to you. You grabbed his hand and stood up, while grabbing your stuffed animal.

"The Farris Wheel,"you responded, pointing to a huge, rainbow lighted wheel. Espio looked at it and spoke to you again.

"Okay, if you wish,"he said. A smile appeared on your face when he finished his sentence...

With Rouge, Amy, and their dates

"Are they going to the farris wheel yet?"asked Amy, looking at Rouge. Rouge was hiding behind a closed stand, close to the farris wheel.

"Yes, well...I think so,"she answered, trying to determine where you and Espio were heading to.

"C'mon, guys! This isn't right. We shouldn't be spying on Metallic and Espio,"butted in Sonic.

"Sonic, we're not 'spying' on them. We just want them to hook up together,"replied Rouge, still watching you and Espio. "They're at the farris wheel!"

"You mean all this time you were just trying to put them together? They just can't-"Knuckles got interupted by Rouge's flaming eyes. "I meant, uh, they just can't fall in love, but with you, I'm sure they will,"Knuckles finished, hoping it wasn't that bad.

"Nice save, Knucklehead,"said Sonic. Even though it wasn't the best save, it still worked.

"Time to put my plan into action,"said Amy. She poofed up her Piko Piko Hammer and went walking to the farris wheel.

"Wait, what are you planning to do with that?"asked Sonic, hoping it wasn't something drastic.

Winking at Sonic, Amy said,"You'll see,"and walked off. Rouge made a smile, since she knew what Amy was up to...

Back with You and Espio

A man opened up another seat for you and Espio. Espio got in first, fallowed by you. The man pulled down the metal bar and scooted your seat up one for the next two people. When all people were in the ride, it started. Amy made her way to the Farris wheel once it started. When no one was looking, she pounded her hammer onto the control system.

Suddenly, the Farris wheel stopped, leaving everyone in confusion. You looked down and saw that the control system was broken. Then you saw Amy running off, poofing her hammer away.

"What's going on?"asked Espio, looking down on his side.

"Amy broke the control system with her Piko Piko Hammer,"you answered, not wanting to look down anymore. "I think this was her, Rouge, and Vector and Charmy's plan. Rouge and Amy have been suspicious lately."

"Heh, tell me about it. Vector and Charmy have been asking thousands of questions,"said Espio. You made a small laugh. You heard the guys rushing over to the control system. After a minute, they spoke in a loud microphone.

"We are sorry, but fixing the control system may take a while. So, we are going to call out some assistance. It may take at least an hour or so,"the man said. You heard the people infront and behind you groan.

"Yup, this was all Amy's plan. And you know, she must've planned this carefully,"you said. She must've, or else you and Espio wouldn't have been at the very top. Espio nodded his head. After a while, Espio spoke up.

"Metallic, there's something I need to tell you,"started Espio. You looked at him, wondering what he was going to say. "Metallic, I...I think I, no, I know I love you,"he finished, looking into your emerald colored eyes. You didn't know what to say. You were completely shocked.

"I...I love you too, Espio,"you said to him. Both of you scooted closer and closer. Not one second later did your mouths meet with one another. Espio wrapped his arms around, as you did the same...This wasn't so bad after all...

"They're kissing!"exclaimed Rouge and Amy. Sonic and Knuckles didn't see what the big deal was. They both always thought that you two would make a good couple. Therefore, they didn't see the excitement that Rouge and Amy saw. This was a complete opposite to the feelings of Rouge and Amy...

Later

Espio was walking you back to your apartment. It was around 10:30 at night when both of you reached your apartment. You opened your door and invited him in. Doing so, you saw that Topaz had eaten all of her food and feel asleep on the couch, all curled up. You picked her up and placed her in her little bed.

"Thanks for taking me to the Carnival, Espio,"you said with a smile. Espio smiled and said you're welcome.

Just as Espio was leaving, he said,"Hey, Metallic, want to do something with me and the Chaotix tomorrow? We have no mission, as far as I know."

"Sure,"you replied. "I'll see you tomorrow." Espio gave you a small kissing on the lips and left. You said good-bye and shut the door. Making your way to your bedroom, you thought about what all had happened this night. For you, it was probably one of the best, fun times your ever had.

With a grin on your face, you climbed into bed and turned off the light. You didn't realize how tired you were. Slowly, you fell asleep. Around 1:00am, you awoke to the sound of crashing. You sat up in a flash and listened again.

CRASH!!!

It sounded like it came from outside. You rushed over to your balcony and down below. There, you saw 5 hedgehogs gaining up on one hedgehog. Now that wasn't fair. You went wide-eyed as you reconized the one hedgehog that was getting beaten. It was the green hedgehog from the mall, 'Z'.

Sinced it looked like he needed help, you put on some random clothes and your boots. Rushing outside, you saw that 'Z' was about to get a punch.

"HEY!"you snarled at the big hedgehog. The one that was about to punch 'Z' turned to you. "Leave him alone!"

"Well, well, well, look what we have here boys, a mangy(sp?) cat!"he remarked at his fellow mates. That got you angry. A MANGY CAT???

"I wouldn't be talking, you over grown, smelling rodent!"you remarked back. Oh, did he ever get mad!

"What did you say to me?"he questioned furiously. You decided to make one last remark.

"What? Can't you hear me?" He growled again, not only feeling mad, but like an idiot as well. He ordered his friends to get you.

"Get her!"he ordered. His friends ran straight towards your way, including him. As this was happening, 'Z' was looking to see what would happen.

"Bring it on!"you said, getting in a fighting stance. One hedgehog, who was yellow, was about to give you a kick. You jumped up and gave him a twirl kick in his face. Another hedgehog came up behind you and grabbed you. "If you think you're going to hold me back, you must be crazy!"

With all of your strength, you flipped him on his back infront of you. You smirked as you continued to beat up the rest. After all of them were down on the ground, you went over to 'Z'.

"Hey, you okay?"you asked.

"Yeah,"he answered.

"Good, because I have a couple of questions to ask you. Do you have a home?" 'Z' shook his head no. "Okay, why were those guys ganging up on you?"

"Heh, how am I supposed to know? I didn't do anything to those guys,"he answered, crossing his arms.

"Hm, okay. Last question, what's your real name?"you asked, curious about this one.

"You want to know? Fine. I don't know my name, or I don't even have one. I and my friends call me Z because I have a mark that looks like a Z on hand,"he answered. He removed his black glove on his right hand. You blinked a couple of times and looked at the mark.

"Well, okay. C'mon,"you said, gesturing to fallow him. He hesitated for a minute before fallowing you.

"Where are we going?"he asked you curiously. You looked at him with the corner of your eye and spoke again.

"Well, I obviously can't leave you out here with people chasing you. And I really don't feel like finding an orphanage or something. So, tonight you'll just have to come to my place,"you answered. You had to admit, you didn't like the idea of him in your apartment too much. However, you couldn't just abandon him.

You guys reached to your apartment and opened the door. He looked around, as if examining everything. You watched him and said,"Sorry, I don't have a guest room. So, you'll just have to sleep on the couch. But FIRST, I want you to take a bath. No offence, but you smell." Z made a small laugh.

You grabbed a few fluffy towels and went into the bathroom. You held out your hand, waiting for him to give you his jacket, gloves, shoes, and socks. There was no way you were going to let those dirty things on your clean couch. Z hopped into the bathtub when it was filled up almost to the top.

"When you're done, just dry yourself off and sleep,"you said. You snatched a few extra blankets and a pillow and layed them out on the couch. You vowed that this will be the last guest to ever sleep on the couch. You went into your room and shut the door. Minutes later you were sound asleep.

With Z

As Z was soking in the tub, his mind drifted to place to place. Z felt so relaxed. He didn't know how long it had been since he'd taken a bath, or felt this relaxed! Probably never.

What really amazed him was how nice you were. After all, yesterday he had stolen your money. Z was thankful that you actually let HIM of all people to stay with you. Too bad it was only for this night. Z sighed and closed his eyes.

After another 10 minutes, he got out, drained the water, and dried off. His furr felt nice, soft, and fluffy. It was better then what it used to be. It was dirty, greasy, and it looked as if it was a really bad wig. But now it looked as if he had a complete transformation.

He made his way to the couch. As he sat on the comfortable couch, he noticed a picture frame on the coffee table and picked it up. It was a photo of you and the Chaotix grouped together, smiling. He put it back on the coffee table and thought about his own life and friends.

He wondered what his mother looked like, or father. The only thing that he could ever remember was a woman crying and running away. That was it. He never really remembered his father. He put it aside and snuggled up. Soon, he fell asleep.

Later in the morning

It was near 9:00am and you were brushing your long, shiney hair. You had just taken a shower and was getting ready to visit Espio, Vector and Charmy. After you finished getting completely dressed, you went into the living room and saw that Z was still asleep.

Looking at him, you remembered his clothes. You had washed them earlier this moring, about 8:00am, in the laundary room down stairs. As for his shoes, you just washed them regular water and a little bit of soap. You got his clothes from your room and placed them beside him.

"C'mon, wake up,"you said, shaking him. "We have to go." Z sat up and looked around.

"Err, what time is it?"he asked, rubbing his eye.

"It's around 9:15. Come on and put on your clothes,"you said, handing his clothes to him. "Behold! Freash and CLEAN." You slipped on his jacket, socks, and shoes. You then gave him his gloves. "Now let's go, we have to meet the Chaotix."

"Who're they?"he asked.

"Look, you see that picture? That's the Chaotix. That's Vector, Espio, and Charmy,"you said, pointing.

"So that's who they are,"thought Z. You got Topaz and set her on your shoulder. You led Z out, fallowed by you. Shutting the door, both of you continued to walk to the Chaotix's house...