Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Moon, Twilight Stars(Espio Love Story) ❯ Twist of Fate ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"C'mon, wake up,"you said, shaking him. "We have to go." Z sat up and looked around.

"Err, what time is it?"he asked, rubbing his eye.

"It's around 9:15. Come on and put on your clothes,"you said, handing his clothes to him. "Behold! Freash and CLEAN." You slipped on his jacket, socks, and shoes. You then gave him his gloves. "Now let's go, we have to meet the Chaotix."

"Who're they?"he asked.

"Look, you see that picture? That's the Chaotix. That's Vector, Espio, and Charmy,"you said, pointing.

"So that's who they are,"thought Z. You got Topaz and set her on your shoulder. You led Z out, fallowed by you. Shutting the door, both of you continued to walk to the Chaotix's house...

Chaotix House

"Come on, Espio! Tell us what happened!"pleaded Charmy, floating around Espio's head.

"For the last time Charmy, nothing happened,"Espio said, trying to convince Charmy. Vector appeared right in Espio's face. All Espio could see were his eyes.

"Please, Espio? We'll never use you for pranks again!"Vector bribed. Espio sighed and grabbed his head while looking up. "Please...,"said Vector one last time.

"You know, how about you just ask Metallic,"Espio said to them. "She'll be over in a few minutes." Vector and Charmy looked at eachother with a sly grin. "What are you guys up to?"

"Oh, nothing, nothing. We uh, just can't wait for Metallic to get here,"Vector answered, trying to make a cover up. Espio had a suspicious look, but put it aside. Just as he was about to go into the other room, Espio and the other two heard a knock at the door. Espio went to the door before Vector and Charmy could and opened it up.

There you were, standing at the door with your infamous smile. As you were coming inside, you said,"Hey, Espio," and gave him a hug. Espio returned the hug. You saw that Vector and Charmy were surprised. When you let Espio go, you introduced Z. "Espio, I'd like you to meet someone,"you started. You showed Espio your 'friend'.

"Metallic, who's that?"he asked you. He never saw you with a kid before.

"Well, this is Z. It's a long story. But, I was wondering if all of you could do me a favor,"you said to all of them.

"Sure, what is it?"asked Vector, ready for what you had to say.

"I was wondering if you'd let him live with you. I mean, if not it's okay,"you answered. None of them said anything for a minute. This was now an awkward situation for Z. However, this wasn't new to him. He'd been rejected many times. After another minute of thinking, Espio decided to speek up.

"Fine, he can stay with us. But he has to fallow ALL of our rules,"he said. You said thank you and gave him a hug.

"Okay, now that we got that settled, what are we going to do?"you questioned...

With ??????

At the city of the ruined Metropolis, a couple miles away from Grand Metropolis, a bright, teleport like light appeared. As it was shining a brilliant shade of purple and white, a figure jumped out of the glowing light.

The figure landed on an old building and looked around. It was a young girl, about 14 or 15 years old. She had magenta colored furr and hair. Her eyes was a deep bronze color. She had cat like ears and a coil like tail. Her attire consisted of a black shirt and teal color pants. However, her long, black combat boots covered the bottem of her pants.

She had white gloves on. With the gloves were a silver and black bracelets on both wrists. Connected to the white gloves was a teal, metal strip on the top, and on the side and back were black.

"I've got to hurry and find them,"she said to herself, while jumping from building to building. "I have to do it before it's too late..." After she was out of the old Metropolis, she journied her way to Grand Metropolis. She ran at an incredible speed, but not as fast as Sonic.

As she looked around at the advanced city, she fallowed a blue path, leading to her destination. After one minute, she ran again, searching for a place. As another minute went by, she finally got to it. She finally reached the Chaotix house.

"Hopefully they haven't left yet...,"the girl said to herself. If everything went according to plan, they'd be talking about where to go, or at least that's what the girl's mother said. "No time to waste!"she yelled out. She sprinted towards the door and knocked it down...

Back with you

As you were suggesting a place to go, the door suddenly knocked down. When some of the dust cleared, you saw a a teenage girl standing there, panting.

"Who do you think you are?"you said to her.

"Mom? Is that you?"she asked. You had a complete shock on your face. Her mom? You were only 15 years old and she said you were her mom? After another second went by, she spoke again. "Mom, it is you." She ran over to you and gave you a hug.

"Who...who are you?"you asked, just standing there. Espio came up beside you, as so did the rest of the Chaotix and Z. "And why are you calling me mom? And just where did you come from?!"

"Oh, sorry. My name is Shaiya, Shaiya the Catmeleon. I'll explain everything the best I can. I come from the future, maybe 20 years from now. From the future, my mom, or you, sent me to get you, dad, and the Chaotix. She said that you guys will be the only ones to help us, help us to stop Dr. Eggman,"Shaiya started.

"Uh, okay. So, if I'm your mom, who's your dad?"you asked. You had a feeling you already know who it was. But you wanted it to hear it from her.

"Him, Espio,"she answered, looking at him. You turned to Espio and made a small blush. "Anyway, I need you to come back with me. I also need you guys to call King Sonic, Knuckles, and Master Tails. They have to help too."

"What exactly is the problem?"asked Espio. He knew he had to stop Eggman, but from what? What was Eggman doing?

"Eggman has an army of thousands of robots. He's conquered most of the north side of your world. We have to stop him from from gaining control towards the other sides, south, west, and east. Mom will explain the rest,"she answered.

"Right,"you started. "Hey, Vector, Charmy, go get Sonic and the others and meet us back here," Vector and Charmy nodded their heads and went out the door. "Where do we go to go back into your time?"

"Right here. I have this little thing that Master Tails built,"she replied, showing you a little control thing. You nodded her head okay.

"And what do I do?"asked Z, who'd been standing and listening to your converstaion. You'd completely forgot about him. "Do I got with you or stay?"

"You can come with us. Let's just hope you can fight,"you said to him. Z shook his head okay. Espio looked as if he was deep in thought. You wondered what he was thinking right now.

After another five minutes of talking to Shaiya about the future and other stuff, Sonic and the others came in. Vector and Charmy not only brought Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails, but a few extra people. This included Shadow, Rouge, and Amy. You smiled as Shaiya spoke again.

"Ah, I see you got a few extra people. That's good. Are we already yet?"she asked. Everyone, except for Shadow, was excited about the future. A second later, all of were gone in a flash...

20 Years Later into the Future

Another bright light appeared in the sky. The light brightened up the dark, gloomy clouds, however, only for a minute. All of you landed on the dirted ground. You looked around and felt saddness in your heart. This was not what you expected. You expected a blue sky, people walking around, buildings up.

However, that was the complete opposite. It was dark and grey. There was no blue sky. It was being polluted, probably by Eggman. Buildings were not up, standing tall and proud. Instead, they were ruined and crumbling down. People were walking on the streets, but they had a sad look on their faces.

"Well, we're here...,"said Shaiya, walking down the rode. Street lights flickered along the sidewalks. "Behold, this was Grand Metropolis. Eggman's army destroyed most of it." Anger rose up inside of you. You knew he was cruel, but this? It seemed as if if he wasn't happy, no one could be happy.

All of you reached a huge house, almost like a mansion. It was probably the only thing that wasn't ruined around here. Shaiya walked up to it and led you inside. Once all of you got inside, a voice spoke up.

"Shaiya, you're back,"said the voice. It sounded like a womans voice, and it was. The woman looked alomst like you. The only things that were different was her height and hair. She was probably a couple of inches taller then you. She wore a blue outfit.

"Mom!"called out Shaiya. Shaiya went over and gave the future you a hug. You noticed some other people. They were all sitting down with a serious look on their faces. The future you looked at you and the rest. She gave all of you a warm smile.

"Well, hello. I suppose all of you noticed the ruined city,"she said, putting one hand on her hip.

"How did all of this happen?"asked Amy. (*You* will mean the future you) *You* sighed sadly and motioned them to come site with the rest.

"It started about a month ago. Eggman had built a strong robot army. With his army, he destroyed all cities of the north. Soon after that, he gained control,"explained the future Sonic, also known as King Sonic.

"After he gained control, he expaned his army towards the south, west, and east sides. Right now as we speak, more lives are being sacrificed just for him to have domination,"continued Master Tails. You felt even more angry, as well as everyone else. You were more then ready to take out Eggman and his army.

"All we now is a plan...,"said another. You imediantly looked up once you heard that voice. And there you saw him, Fang!

"What's he doing here?!"you growled. He was the LAST person you wanted to see. You noticed something different about him. His left arm...it was robotic like. Still, you didn't want to see him.

"Metallic, he's on our side now,"said your future form. You wanted to protest against that, but knew you shouldn't, it might start something. Instead, you mumbled and kept a glare at him. He may be on your side, but didn't mean that you could trust him.

"As I was saying,"started Fang again, "all we need is a plan. We already have enough freedom fighters with us, including some other people. Metallic, you wouldn't happen to have the Metallic Emerald, would you?"he asked you. You hesitated for a moment before pulling it out.

"Yeah, I do happen to have it,"you answered, holding on to it tightly. "I just have one question for any of you. Where's the future Espio and the Chaotix?" All of them turned their heads, not wanting to answer you. A bad feeling krept inside of you. "Well?"you asked one more time.

"Metallic, a couple of weeks ago, the Chaotix members went to fight Eggman. They never returned. We don't know what's happened to them,"spoke up the future Amy, standing up. Mixed emotions took over your body. You didn't know which you felt more, angry or sad?

True, the current Espio now was right beside you. However, it didn't matter. The future Espio was still your Espio. That went for Vector and Charmy too. They were like family to you.

You rose your head up to face them. Your hand was clutching the emerald so tightly that it tore your glove a little. With anger in your voice, you said,"When can I fight?" As soon as you finished, your emerald colored eye flashed a gold of hatred for a second...

O.o

Outside of Grand Metropolis

"Where exactly do we have to go?"questioned Shadow. He didn't want to wait and sit around. Even though he didn't want to come along, Maria forced him into doing it...somehow...Although, this could be a good oppritunity to be better then Sonic.

"Well, we first have to go to South Mobius. We need to see how your future self is holding up,"said the future Knuckles. (Okay, for now on, any name that has "*" in their names is the future version of that person.) Shadow got a little bit curious about *Shadow*.

"And just how are we going to get there? There are hundreds of robots out there,"said Rouge, crossing her arms. "For all we know, there might even be robots flying in the air too!" Shadow smirked.

"All of you can just leave that to me,"he said, holding up a chaos emerald. "All of you can just hold on when I do chaos control." All of you smiled.

"Gee, Shadow, I never knew you could be sofriendly,"Sonic said, nudging Shadow a little. Shadow made a grunt and spoke again, while getting away from Sonic.

"Don't get used to it, hedgehog,"he said to him. Sonic made a shrug as everyone surrounded the black hedgehog. In one blink of an eye, all of you were gone...

South Mobius

South Mobius was just as bad as Grand Metropolis. Some people were walking along the streets. Others were trying to find a place to stay. As you and the rest were looking around, Master Tails pointed and said,"There." You and your friends looked and saw a fortress type building. It was huge.

"Come on, King Shadow should be waiting for us,"said *Metallic*. You held Espio's hand and walked with the others.

"King Shadow? Hey, I thought I was the King,"said Sonic. Shadow turned to him and spoke.

"What's this? A blue hedgehog jealous?"mocked Shadow. Sonic grumbled and continued to walk.

"Come on, guys. This is no time for fighting,"said Tails.

"Tails is right. If we're going to be fighting, it should be against Eggman, not us,"lectured *Knuckles*. Sonic didn't say anything, but continued to walk. *Sonic* stopped at the steel doors when two guards spoke.

"Hault. Who are you people?"asked one of the guards. *Sonic* told them what they were here for. The guards let all of you pass the steel doors. A minute later, all of you were inside the fortress.

"Ah, well if it isn't *Shadow*,"said *Sonic*. "I haven't seen you in a while." *Shadow* rose from his chair, along with *Maria*(me:XD Heh heh).

"Hn, I've been expecting all of you,"he said.

"Yeah, nice to see you too,"said *Sonic*. "Right down to buisness, has Eggman started to invade East or West?"

"As far as I know, Eggman has only started to strike this side and your side,"answered *Shadow*. "However, we drove off the small army of robots he sent out here."

"Hmmm, why hasn't Eggman striked East or West?"Sonic asked himself. "Well, we might as well attack now before he gets the upper hand,"Sonic said to everyone.

"Sonic, it won't be that simple. I know you faced danger thousands of times, but this is different. We have to come up with a surprise attack,"you said.

"Metallic's right, Sonic. If we just go in, we'll get torn apart easily,"said Vector. Sonic thought about this. They were right.

"We'll just have to think of something good,"said *Amy* Tails was about to speak up until...

CRASH!!!

Smoke filled up the room. You started to cough, along with everyone else. When the smoke cleared, all of you were surrouded by at least 60 robots...