Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ The Last Track ( Chapter 74 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Last Track

I: Opening Track:

This will be the last score for the Factory. The band isn't breaking up yet. There's still so much that needs to be done. Just not with the Stardust Factory. Jenny was the first to say it. She told Ryan one night in bed.

“You're leaving?” Ryan asked.

“Uh-huh,” Jenny said. Her husband raised his eyebrow.

“Are you at least staying for the after party?” he asked.

“Uh-huh,” she said. “What about you?” He gave her a little smile.

“I thought that I was the only one,” he said. She gave him a little smirk on her face.

“Want to give this one last show?” Jenny asked. Ryan pulled her into his arms.

“Of course,” he said. The couple shared a kiss. Andy had the band to write new tracks for the money. Jenny would be on the vocals like usual.

This was going to be a banger of a soundtrack.

II: Scene VII:

Patrick would cue up the bass. The band worked hard on their latest song. Everyone put in their efforts. The music would start the moment Andy walked into the Factory. The drums followed behind with the bass notes. Jenny and Ryan wouldn't come in until later.

They were filming Andrea's part now.

“Please say your name,” Andy said.

“Andrea Teel,” Andrea said.

“And what do you do, Andrea?”

“I act and model.”

“Do you enjoy it?”

“Yes.” Andrea looked so bright when she said that. That sparkle was still in her eyes. Andy smiled and patted her on the head.

“How long have you been modeling?” he asked.

“Thirteen years,” Andrea said.

“How about acting?”

“Ten years.”

“Ah, I see.” He drew back his hand. “Which do you like more?”

Andrea grinned. “Both!” She broke into a girlish giggle.

“I see.” The camera lingered on her smiling face. It looked like she was trying to force it on her.

“Anything else would to add?” Andy asked. Andrea gave him a little curtsy.

“No,” she said.

“Thank you for your time,” he said. “I hope we see you later.”

“I hope so too,” the model said. The camera turned back to Andy.

“Isn't she such a doll?” he asked. “There are move stars for you to meet.” Andy walked out of the room. The camera followed behind.

III: Verse One:

This was Jenny's idea. Ryan followed behind. He wasn't sure what the rest of the band thought.

To his surprise, they were thinking the same thing.

“Yeah, this is getting to be lame,” Patrick said.

“I'm kind of tired myself,” Maureen said.

“Same here,” Will said.

“You want to leave too?” Mick asked.

“I'm tired myself,” Gabby said. Ryan didn't know what to say at first.

“Wow,” he said, blinking. That settled it then. Jenny cuddled up to her husband in the recording booth.

“So when are you going to leave?” she asked. Ryan kissed her on the forehead.

“After this movie is over,” he said. She looked him in the eye.

“And then what? Jenny asked. Ryan stared back at her. Good question.

IV: Bridge:

The guitars add their beats with the drums. Right now, Andy is showing off the art. However, Ryan's thoughts were elsewhere. Jenny's question lingered in his head.

“And then what?”

He hadn't given that much thought about that. The band was doing fine. But what about his marriage?

Lately, they seemed to have lost interest in each other. More of her the interested in him.

“Do you still love me?” Ryan asked her the day before filming.

“Of course I do,” Jenny said. Her tone didn't sound so convincing. She sounded rather distracted. The male vocalist frowned to himself.

“Why do you ask?” she asked. Ryan made himself smile and shook his head.

“Nothing,” he liked. “No reason.” They haven't talked about it since.

V: Chorus:

They both are going to sing. He goes first. He has the first verse. She has the second verse. Then the couple will sing the chorus and third verse.

Ryan glanced over at Jenny. Just like their time with the Stardust, maybe his time being married to her should come to an end.

Maybe she can sense it too. Right now, they had to focus on the music. Maureen cued him to start singing. Ryan counted down in his head. He opened his mouth and started to sing. The vocalist closed his eyes and got into the music. Jenny smiled to herself as she let her husband drag them into the soundtrack of the movie.

Everything was going fine so far.

VI: Verse Two:

Outside, Carley stood outside the gate of the Stardust Factory. There was no security in sight. She had her knife hiding in her pants. They would be so busy filming that stupid movie. Her nostrils flared. She was going to give them a scene they weren't going to forget!

Carley turned and walked around to the back. Each step fueled her rage. This would be the first step to her mission. She had to take down the enemy. Only then, she would be free.

For now, no one noticed a thing.

VII: Indigo Kids' Last Show:

After the last note, the Indigo Kids were over. Jenny and Ryan wouldn't divorce until two years. The band wouldn't break up until five years later. But right now, they are still playing. Andy will be walking to their stage in a few moments. Ryan looked up at the doors. Jenny is lost in the music. It won't be long until Ryan joins her again.

This was going to be the last show for the Stardust Factory after all.

VIII: Soundtrack is Complete:

Another falls away. The stars are getting smaller and smaller. More will keep going. It's only going to take one incident to push them go faster.

Black Song