Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Filming Day ( Chapter 78 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Filming Day

I: Purpose:

What's the point anymore? For art? It felt like they were being left behind. Most of the stars were leaving the Factory. Still, Andy had to keep going. This movie wasn't going to make itself. Lucky for him, everything was going well. Maybe too well. Ian and Violet kept waiting for something bad to happen. They had to put up security in case she came back. They hadn't seen her in weeks. But still…

They couldn't focus on that. They have a movie to shoot. Everyone had to see this through to the end.

II: The Radical:

Carley's always hated men. She wished they would all die. Andy fueled her hate even more. In a way, he became the instrument in his downfall. Before it came to that, we have to look at what went wrong.

Not many people at the Factory liked her. Could you blame them? She was always ready to attack. Almost too much. Andy received several complaints. He himself started to see the problems for himself. However, it was too late to turn back. This movie needed to be finished. He was going to do whatever it took. This was the last gambit after all.

Meanwhile, Carley goes deeper into the Factory building.

III: Artwork:

The camera goes all of the artwork all over the Factory. Some of them are brand new. They were all going to be sold when the movie was over. Ian looked at each one of them with a heavy heart. They were all going to go away soon.

“Which one is your favorite?” Ian asked. Andy walked over to a medium-sized painting in the corner. He stood in front of a painting of irises.

“This,” he said. Andy pointed at it. Ian zoomed in for a look.

“Take a look at it,” he said. “Just look at it. The blues, indigos, and violets are striking, aren't they?” Ian couldn't help but smile. This was Violet's first painting here. Andy bought it off of her for 500 yen. Violet didn't want the money, but he insisted. She shrugged and ended up taking it.

“It's beautiful,” Ian said.

“This one is not for sale,” he said. “I will be keeping this one.” Another thought crossed his mind.

“There is something that I have to you,” he said. “Come with me.” He walked further into the room. The camera followed behind.

IV: Getting Closer:

She's halfway up the stairs now. Carley clutched the knife by her side. The rage built up with each step. Andy was the worst offender against her. He was the one who killed her dreams.

She had written a one thousand-page script. The Death of the Man was the title. She spent six months writing it. This was supposed to be her masterpiece. She put her hours, health, and ambition into it. She had it in to Andy. He read over it. Carley waited with bated breath. The director looked up at her.

“This is interesting,” he said. Carley narrowed her eyes.

“What does that mean?” she asked. Andy handed her back the script.

“It's a start,” he said. “It could use some work. But you have potential.” Carley looked like she would fly away.

“Thank you so much,” she said. She had the belief that this movie was going to take off.

Only… That wasn't meant to be.

The script ended up being all but forgotten. The current movie just took over everything. Carley asked when her movie was going to get made. Andy promised her that it was going to happen soon. By the summer, it was clear that movie wasn't going to happen.

So here, we are now. Her hand reached the door.

V: Music:

The Indigo Kids' music was building. Ryan looked over at Jenny. She seemed lost in her own bubble. Just looking at her stirred something in his heart. Still, that wasn't going to be enough to stop the end from coming. Ryan didn't even try to pretend. Once they left, it would all be other. Their time at the Factory and their marriage.

For now, he couldn't worry about that. There was a song that needed to be played out until Andy got to where they were. Ryan got back into the rhythm of the song for his part. Just a few more minutes. He started to sing again.

VI: Acting:

What happens when the actors and actresses were finished with their scenes? Some of them are leaving one way or another. Others are just hanging on to see what happens next. Either way, they all know that it's not going to last long. Right now, they were pretending that everything is still afloat. But they knew otherwise. No one wanted to say it though. They are just playing a part until the movie is over. Isn't that what life is? You're all just playing a part until you die. As sad as it sounds, that's just how it is. That goes doubly so when you find out the real reason why your main source of your career is about to go away.

For now, they have to finish this movie before everything is over. However, that might be coming faster than they thought.

VII: Reaching the Climax:

Carley is getting upstairs faster than anyone could imagine. She had the knife by her side. All she had to do was sit by and wait. He killed her dreams, so that she was going to kill him back. He was coming up here any moment here. Her eyes stayed glued to the door. Carley counted down in her head.

Three… Two… One!

The door knob turned and opened.

VIII: The Incident is Coming:

Here it is. The moment where everything is about to fall apart. Once it happens, there is no turning back. We just watch and see it all crashing to pieces. It's only a matter of time.

Black Rising Action