The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ Goddess Beneath The Sand ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
Theo had refused to leave Azalea's side while everyone tried to come up with a plan to take back the medallions. He caressed her hand gently as he looked down at the young girl. “I'm so sorry this happened to you Azalea. This is my fault.”
 
“Don't blame yourself Theo.”
 
Link came and stood beside Theorello. What had happened to Azalea had hurt everyone but no one seemed to be more hurt than Theo. He was on the verge of tears. This young girl had laid everything on the line for a chance to be with him. That was a love that could not be competed with. “Link do you think she'll die?”
 
“No. But she'll lose all her power if the medallion isn't returned to her. We must act now. Raion will begin searching for the Sage of Spirit. Yuiko has confessed that she is not the sage. She stole the medallion from the nurse Michiru Zakuro. She's with Azmara, Astrid and Misami. If you want to stay with Azalea then it's all right.” Link said. Theorello shook his head. He wanted to go with them to retrieve Azalea's medallion. He knelt down to kiss Azalea's hand. “I promise I'll get your medallion back, tiny angel.”
 
“Thank you… Theo.”
 
Link left the two alone to speak in private. When he had gone Theo fell to his knees and kissed Azalea's hand. “I'm sorry for everything. I am so sorry Azalea.” He said. Her green eyes looked up at him and a weary smile formed her lips. “I'm the one who should be sorry. I loved you and I trusted the wrong people. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt Azmara or Misami or Astrid. I love you Theo and I'll never regret the happiness I found with you.” Azalea whispered.
 
“I'll be back soon Azalea. I'll bring your medallion back and you'll recover just fine. Wait for me here.” Theo said. He left the room to join Link who was waiting outside. “She will recover when she has her medallion back. Saria will see to it and Nabooru will grant all of her power Michiru when she has hers. Let's make haste.” Link suggested. Theo nodded and teleported them Misami's house. When they arrived Misami, Azmara and Astrid were sitting by the pool with Michiru. “Michiru, I recommend that you stay behind and wait here for us to return. It could be too dangerous for you to come with us.” Link suggested.
 
“I won't do it! That's my medallion and I'll fight for it. I didn't fight the first time but I won't pass up this chance. Azmara please let me go with you.” Michiru begged her. Azmara looked back at Misami who was nodding her head quickly. “Why not? I'll watch your back Michiru. Come on what are we waiting for?” Misami jumped out of her seat and tossed her blue hair over her shoulder. Just as she was going to vanish she stopped. “Hanogi!!! Oh! I mean Great Fairy…”
 
“Yeah I brought grandma here to give us some advice.” Astrid bowed his head to show respect but Hanogi tilted his face back up. “It's all right dear. I want all of you to be on your guard. Where I am sending you is the most dangerous place you could ever go. You must not stay longer than you have to and do not do anything reckless. What you may see there may tempt you to do something that could possibly end your lives. Do not take that chance.” Hanogi warned. Link bowed his head and looked back at his girlfriend who was baring a cheesy grin on her face. “Come on honey I would never. Let's get going. Miss Hanogi, the portal if you will.”
 
“All right. Be careful.”
 
Astrid rushed over to his grandmother and hugged her tightly. He swore he'd come home in one piece, kissed her cheek and waited for her to open the portal. When she did Misami took Astrid's hand and waved goodbye to Hanogi. Theo, Michiru, Link and Azmara followed behind shortly and when they arrived before the palace Link gasped in disbelief. “Link, what is it buddy?” Astrid asked.
 
“This is Hyrule Castle. It's no palace. This is an exact replica of Zelda's home.”
 
Link wasn't the only one bothered by the sight of the castle. Azmara had quivered in fear of the castle. A wind swirled around her and fire sparked from her eyes. Something was bothering her. “Azmara!! Azmara what's wrong?”
 
“Get away from me!!! Get away!!! Inside of me… in me. Please don't come any closer to me! Go!!! Find the medallion!”
 
Misami took Michiru's hand and led her toward the castle with Astrid following close behind. Link tried to move Azmara but she shoved him back. Something was inside her, tormenting her. “Get out of my head.”
 
::: You will lose everything. Your family, your friends, Link and finally your life. :::
 
“No!!!”
 
“Link you have to go, now! I'll watch over Azmara. They need you in there. My power is nothing compared to what you have. Go now!! I promise I'll take care of her.”
 
Link grasped onto Azmara's hand and held it tightly. He saw the drowsiness in Azmara's eyes. She was going to lose consciousness. He couldn't afford to lose her now. He squeezed her hand, begged her to stay with him but Azmara's eyes had closed. “No… Azmara…”
 
“Listen to me Link. I will protect her. Hurry up! I promised Azalea she'd get her medallion back. Find it and find Michiru's. You have to go now.” Theo told him. Against his heart's will, Link left Azmara in Theo's safety to join his friends. When he had gone Theo remained behind with Azmara and begged her to wake up. His words did nothing and so he had to use one of his powerful techniques. “I summon the power of the heavens… grant me the power to shine your rays on this ill stricken girl. Light of Truth!! Show me the trouble in the soul of this girl!!!” Theo rose his hand to receive the light from the heavens. He forced the light inside of Azmara and watched as it displayed Azmara's face. “No…”
 
From inside the castle Misami and Astrid went ahead to clear a path for Link and Michiru. The Hero of Time had offered his bow to Michiru and suggested that she stay behind him. She shot down a few specters with the light arrows and froze other with the ice. Link unsheathed his sword and spun around, releasing a wave of power on their enemies. When they were exterminated Link closed his eyes and sheathed his sword. “Nicely done Link. Come on the medallions await.” Misami said. Link took Michiru's hand and ran ahead. It was only a hunch but something told him that the medallions would be in the castle courtyard. When they arrived the twins were outside waiting. One with a medallion in hand. “We have what it is you seek.”
 
“Yeah and give it back before we're send you six feet under! One thousand leagues under the sea for argument's sake.” Misami said sarcastically. Rioma and Tatsuya narrowed their eyes and a fire and ice barrier came over Astrid and Misami. “We have to fight Michiru! Use the bow when I tell you to. Take cover!!” Link commanded. Michiru ran for the bushes and tried to hide but Rioma burned them to ashes. Flames danced around her as her hair burst into flames. “Burn to ashes!!!”
 
“Not if I can help it! Bubble shield!!”
 
From inside the barrier Misami cast her bubble shield spell to protect Michiru from Rioma's attack. Misami shaped the bubble to point at Tatsuya so that the fire could hit her sister. When Rioma wasn't looking Michiru shot her in the back with an ice arrow. Rioma howled in pain and screamed even louder when Link deflected Tatsuya's icicles at her. “Ahhh!! Tatsuya you dumb bitch watch where you're aiming!”
 
“I'm sorry Rioma! You'll pay for hurting my sister!!!”
 
Tatsuya flew up high to create thirty icicles. As she was making them Link threw the Master Sword at Tatsuya but to his dismay the hilt had hit her but not in time to stop the falling icicles from falling toward Michiru. “Link help me!!”
 
“Don't worry I got it! Ashes to ashes ladies!!!”
 
Astrid surrounded Michiru in a dome of flames that dissolved the icicles following toward her. He made an opening for her to leap through at Rioma. Before Rioma could summon her flames Michiru grabbed her hands and took her to the ground. The two struggled but finally Rioma got Michiru on her back. Her hands closed in to melt the flesh from her face but Michiru used all of her strength to hold her back. “Link!!! Link!!! Ahhh!!! Please!!!”
 
“I can't!!! Michiru!!!”
 
Misami and Astrid tried to free themselves but they barrier was too strong to break from. They flinched when Rioma grabbed Michiru's face and burned her but Michiru pushed her back. “You're nothing… you're going to die here and now.”
 
“No… I won't let something else of mine be taken again!!! I'll fight this time because I want to help Azmara and Azalea!!! I won't be defeated!!! Not again!!!”
 
The medallion in Tatsuya's pocket began to glow from inside. When Tatsuya took it out it vanished from her hands and appeared above Michiru. “This is it… this is what I've been waiting for.” Michiru appeared inside of a white light with the beautiful Nabooru standing before her. She said nothing, only smiled at the young nurse. Tears began to fill Michiru's eyes and poured down her cheeks but Nabooru stopped them. “You don't have to cry anymore. I've watched your pain and suffering. I want to relieve of that pain. Will you take this medallion from me and carry on as the Sage of Spirit?” She asked.
 
“Of course I will! I've always wanted to help people and now my dream can be realized. Oh Nabooru I thought this moment would never come. Thank you for waiting for me Nabooru.” Michiru said through her tears. Nabooru laughed softly as she placed the medallion in Michiru's hands and closed them. “Michiru Zakuro I grant you with the title of the Sage of Spirit. Use your power to aid Link and restore life to our land.”
 
“I will… I promise I will. Thank you Nabooru.”
 
Michiru opened her eyes and the sands cleared from around her. She was holding her medallion in her hand. It wasn't a dream. She had become the Sage of Spirit. The medallion was finally with its rightful own and with it, she'd return Azalea's medallion to her. “I don't care!! Sage or not I will destroy you!!”
 
“No you will not!”
 
Michiru wrapped herself in sand to block Rioma's attack the commanded the dirt beneath her to swallow her up. With Rioma beneath the ground, the barrier was completely ice. Astrid shook his eyebrows and blasted the barrier into nonexistence. The two sage walked out of the barrier together and stood beside Michiru. The Sage of Spirit held her hands out and an orange light came into her hands. “This is for Azalea! Call of the Undead!!”
 
Michiru released a horde of spirits from the orange ball into her hands. They flew out toward Tatsuya and underground for Rioma. Minutes later the twins laid side by side unable to move. “What's happened to them?” Misami asked.
 
“The spirits I released flowed into them and paralyzed their souls. They can't move now.” Michiru took the medallion from Rioma's pocket and held it tight. From behind Azmara ran to them and hugged Link from behind. He returned her hug then brought her forward to take the medallion but Azmara refused. “Theo promised my sister. I can't go around interfering in promises you know.” Azmara said with a wink. Everyone laughed but their laughter stopped at the sound of applause. Raion walked toward them but stopped before the twins. “I have to admit that I'm impressed.” He said.
 
“You knew were gonna own those chicks so don't even go there man!” Astrid yelled out.
 
“No… I meant that I'm impressed that their bickering wasn't the end of them. If only Justia and Yurimaru were alive to see it. No matter… tonight they meet their end.” Raion shot two dark orbs at Rioma and Tatsuya. In minutes their skin and flesh dissolved leaving nothing but the skeletons. Misami and Michiru gasped in horror but Link stepped forward. “You're a sick man. Even if they failed that gives you no right-”
 
“Oh I believe it does. They've failed me one time too many. Now they pay the price. And now I bid you all adieu. Tell Yuiko that I kept my promise. She knows what I mean.”
 
Raion released a blast of power that sent everyone into the black hole he created. When everyone looked up Misami was standing up already, looking down at the lights of Tokyo. “Hm, well it was nice of him to blast us back home. We should get some rest.” She suggested. Everyone nodded but their eyes rested on Michiru. Flush had risen to her face. Michiru grabbed Link's hand and bowed her head to him to show her thanks. “Thank you for helping me get my medallion. But you need this more than I do. Take this medallion as a symbol of my gratitude and loyalty. I'll fight for you but mainly myself.” Michiru said.
 
Link took the medallion from Michiru's hand with a smile. She was going to fight for herself and that was the most important thing. Link wanted to celebrate but Azmara took Michiru by the hand. “You're one of us now. Any requests? Flying over the city is popular.”
 
“No… there's someone I want to see first. Astrid, Azmara, Misami, will you three escort me?”
 
In the comfort of her room Yuiko sat in her chair with a cigar in her mouth. She was free now. She could return to her music in peace. Just the thought of freedom relieved all of her stress. Perhaps a late night swim would do her some good. She changed into her bikini and took the elevator to the downstairs pool but when she arrived Azmara, Misami, Michiru and Astrid were sitting by the pool in their bathing suits. “Welcome to the party pop star!” Astrid greeted.
 
“How did you get here?!?! Get out or I'll have security-”
 
“Don't bother you whore. We still have a debt to settle.” Azmara interrupted. Michiru nodded and approached Yuiko. Yuiko saw the anger in her eyes but wasn't intimidated. Just because she was sage didn't mean she had grown a tougher shell. “Sage or not I am still your nurse. As such there is one prescription I didn't subscribe to you.” Michiru said.
 
“And what's that?”
 
“A dose of your own medicine.”
 
Michiru punched Yuiko squarely in the nose, causing blood to spurt from it. Yuiko held her nose as she stood back up and looked at Michiru in pure shock. “That was for Azalea. And this… this one's for me.” Michiru back handed Yuiko back to the ground and allowed Azmara, Misami and Astrid to pick her up and toss her in the pool. The four of them stood together laughing at Yuiko. “Do the thing I told you Michiru. Do it do it!”
 
“Oh right. You've just been owned bitch.” Michiru said as she blew the dust off her knuckles.
 
Elsewhere, Azalea sat on the roof of her house staring into the evening stars. She had her medallion once again. Never would she trust the worlds of the enemy. She had risked too much. “Thank you Theo.”
 
“I kept a promise to you Azalea. Just don't go around trusting the enemy again.” He said. Azalea chuckled but looked down. When Theo saw this he tilted her head up and smiled. “You're still my number one girl Azalea. Ten or twenty years old. I love you all the same.” He whispered. Azalea crawled onto Theo's lap and came close to kissing him but she stopped. “I want you be happy with someone you can actually spend your life with. I'll always love you Theo. You know that. Please don't forget that.”
 
“I never will and I know that I can spend the rest of my life with you. As a friend that is.”
 
Azalea smiled and rested her head against Theo's chest. She would always have a piece of his heart. She would love him and he would love her. They loved one another exactly as they were.
 
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: Aww… I enjoyed writing that! Yayness me!!! I hope everyone had a happy V-day!! My fans are my valentines. How bout some v-day love for your favorite angel? A review would suffice! ^^