The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ Things Are Just... Lovely ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
Azmara was so glad it was Saturday morning. Link called her up to join him for breakfast at the Sakura Café. He dressed himself in black shirt with a yin and yang with black pants. As he walked toward Azmara's house he thought back on how little time he'd gotten to spend with her. He knew he loved her and he felt the same way. Yet their mission was taking time away. One more sage to go and once that happened he'd be free to go home. That he didn't want to think about. Meeting Azmara Toyama had to have been one of the best things that have ever happened to him. He rang the doorbell and Mrs. Toyama answered it. Before she could start a conversation Azmara had ran into her. “Azmara be careful.”
 
“Sorry mommy. Junichi and I have to go. See ya later!”
 
Azmara took Link's hand and led him away from the house. When they got to the corner Link stopped Azmara to have a look at her. She was wearing two piece pink dress with white shoes. “You're beautiful. So beautiful my sweet princess.”
 
“I think you look handsome in your modern day clothes. I've wanted to spend time with you but it's like we don't get the chance because we're always so caught up in our mission. I'm sorry if you feel as if I don't love you or have time for you.”
 
Link chuckled before kissing Azmara sweetly on the lips. He never doubted her love for him. He knew that she had always loved him. Link took as Azmara's hand and led her down the street. He was planning to give her the best time. Breakfast was only the beginning. They eat outside of the café then went to the park where they took a long stroll. When the petals from the cherry blossoms began to fall Azmara ran ahead to dance in the showering petals. She looked like a goddess in that lovely pink with her golden tresses and beautiful smile. “Link come here! Dance with me!” Azmara called. Link rushed over to Azmara and scooped her off her feet. He spun with her in the raining cherry blossom petals. It was as if it were a dream. When he placed her back on the ground Link reached up to take a blossom from its branch and placed it behind her ear. “What are you thinking about Link?”
 
“I'm think I never want to share this moment with anyone else.”
 
Azmara came close to give Link another kiss but Astrid's call had halted them. “Hey guys I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I really need a favor. Please if you help me I swear I'll never ask for another favor again!” He begged. Azmara sighed and nodded a painful yes to Link. “I'll see you when you get home. Don't forget we're having dinner at Theo's tonight.” Azmara remind. Astrid hugged Azmara, kissed her cheek and watched as he left. When she was gone Astrid teleported both himself and Link back to his apartment. Theorello and Michiru were there waiting. “Ok Astrid what this all about? I have to be to work in twenty minutes.” Michiru said.
 
“Well… my uncle is coming to town soon and he's bringing his new partner and her daughter. His partner I don't have a problem with but her daughter is a stuck up bitch and I wish I could fry her. That bitch thinks she's so cool and just friggin good at everything. So I told he I could beat her at her own profession. I need your help you guys. Please please pretty please!”
 
“Astrid please you look terrible when you're pleading. Just stop already. What is it that your cousin does?” Michiru asked.
 
“She cooks.”
 
“What?!?!?! Astrid you can't cook worth a damn!!”
 
“So does this mean you'll help?”
 
Elsewhere a man in a business suit walked through the crowded airport with his partner and her daughter. Three men walking behind him carried their suitcases while he escorted his partner and daughter through the crowd. Ken Bayashi was handsome in his suit with his hair spiked and brown eyes hidden behind his sunglasses. His partner Lara Hendershot walked beside him in a pin strip business suit and a black top that exposed her breasts fairly. Her daughter on the other hand was walking with her kitten in her Vitton bag, a bottle of water in one hand and a cell phone in the other. She wore pin strip suit very much like her mother except she wasn't wearing the jacket. She was also wearing a button up white shirt with her collar popped up and a locket around her neck that said `Mommy's Angel'. “Yeah BB I know it's going to be awesome. Well this is my first time going to Japan I'm not like you. I'm not half Japanese. Yes I know he studied when I was younger but that was four years ago. At the time I did deserve the title `Blackinese Angel' in school. Hold on a sec, mom, when are we going to see Jin? I'm dying to meet him.”
 
“Soon precious. I have to rent your Lotus first.”
 
“Yeah I love you mom and Mr. Bayashi! Can't wait to see Asshole Astrid.
 
“Watch your language Lovely.”
 
Back at Astrid's place everyone had left except Link and Astrid. The two sat in Astrid's kitchen nibbling on cookies and ice cream. Well, Link was nibbling but Astrid was stuffing his face one cookie and spoonful at a time. “I can't believe that nerve of that whore.”
 
“Where did her mother and your uncle meet?”
 
“Well, Lovely's mother Lara and Uncle Ken both were in the same business company. I only met Lovely via internet. She may look innocent but she's evil man. She's a beauty on the outside but a beast on the inside. Hell, the bitch is the beast and the harlot.”
 
Link sighed as he listened to Astrid foul mouth his own cousin. Could she be that bad? He'd have to meet her first to determine if Astrid's opinions were correct. Just then, a ring on the doorbell was heard. Link expected Astrid to answer but he sat back and crossed his arms. Sighing, Link walked to door and opened it to reveal Lovely standing outside. “Hello, is Astrid home? Oh there he is! Hello there Asshole Astrid! My you look at you.” Lovely walked in and hugged Astrid. Though she was ecstatic to see him Astrid displayed that he wasn't the least bit interested in her. “Aren't you glad to see me dear Astrid?”
 
“Hell to the no.”
 
“Hmph, well that isn't very nice. Hi I'm Lovely, pleased to meet you.”
 
Link shook Lovely's hand and looked over at Astrid who had daggers in his eyes. The look became harder until flames starting spurting from his eyes. “Is something burning?”
 
“No! Are you hungry? Hanogi owns her own restaurant.”
 
Lovely shook her head and asked Link to leave so that she could have alone time with her cousin. Once Link was gone Lovely sat across from Astrid. “My dear Astrid I can't wait to take you apart. You have until the end of the week before I destroy you.” As Lovely got up Astrid grabbed her by the wrist. He was not going to let her insult him. “I don't care how good you are with a knife or any kitchen utensil. I will not lose to you.”
 
“Say what you will ass clown.”
 
“Harlot.”
 
Lovely grinned before leaving Astrid's apartment. He could pretty much say whatever he chose but it wouldn't stop her from kicking his ass. The following afternoon the sages, Link and Azmara had lunch at the Sakura Café. Astrid had taken his break to join his friends but he didn't have anything to say other than how much he hated Lovely.
 
“Astrid will you shut the fuck up?!”
 
“I will not shut up Missy. You have no idea how much that bitch annoys me. She's ugly, bitchy, stuck up, snobby little-”
 
“Astrid darling! Hi there how are you?”
 
Lovely stood behind with wearing a pin strip one piece outfit with a matching hat and her cat Tinkerbell in her bag. “Hello. I never got to meet all of you. I'm Lovely Anna Sofia Hendershot. But you can call me Lovely.”
 
“Or we can call her Harlot.”
 
Misami stepped on Astrid's foot when he called his cousin a harlot. That was no way to make a first impression on her. Lovely seemed nice but then again after what they'd be through looks can be deceiving. “I'm Misami Hirogi. This is Theorello Yukimura, Azmara and Azalea Toyama and Junichi Masaharu.” Misami introduced.
 
“It's very nice to meet you all. I'm sure that you all have some sort of culinary knowledge. Astrid is going to need all the help he can get. Friday night here in the Sakura Café there's going to be a cook off. Me and my two bestest friends versus Astrid and three of his best friends. He's going to need three of you seeing as he can't cook to save his life.” Lovely teased.
 
“My aren't you confident Lovely.” Misami said almost snobbishly. She was starting to lose her temper with Lovely. She did indeed sound stuck up. Even more stuck up than she was. “You sure you're going to be able to beat Astrid?”
 
“Of course. Well I have some shopping to do. There's no Rodeo Drive here but I'm sure I can find something to wear to my winning ceremony. Cya everyone.”
 
Misami growled and waved her hand. In front of Lovely appeared a puddle of water. With those high heels she was wearing she was destined to break herself in half. And when Lovely tripped, Misami and Astrid's faces were illuminated with happiness but their smiles vanished when she black flipped onto her feet. “Wow someone should mop that up. Get to it Astrid, you wouldn't want Misami to hurt herself.” Lovely said on her way out.
 
“I can't believe her!!! That girl thinks she's better than everybody but she's not better than anybody.”
 
Astrid chewed his lip to the point that it started to bleed. He was not going to let Lovely beat him. So later that night Link, Astrid, Michiru and Theo gathered at Misami's house to look over a few recipes that Namie had loaned them. “You guys are lucky I'm a good cook. First thing's first. Do you know who's on what?” Namie asked. Astrid looked at Link, Michiru and Theo but all except Theo and Michiru had the same blank look. “She means who is making what type of course.” Theo informed.
 
“Oh, well grandma said that there will be a four course meal. Two apps, two types of soup or one salad, two entrees and a dessert is on the menu. I was thinking French fries for the app.” Astrid suggested. At that moment Link, Theo, Michiru and Namie's faces turned white then dropped. “Astrid baby this is fine dining. I'm afraid French Fries are off the menu.” Misami said.
 
“Then what can we use?!?! Namie what do you think?”
 
“Well dearest. For appetizers I was thinking something simple and easy but with a little class in it. Open my recipe book sweetheart and pick out what you think is best. I think that the Beef Carpaccio Stuffed Mushroom is an awesome idea. I have my own recipe for that one. Then I was thinking shrimp cocktail for the second optional app. It's simple, easy and kick ass. Now for a salad. Any suggestions?” Namie asked.
 
“I like the Caprese Salad. It's easy but from what I've seen the plating could use some sort of work. The cook book I read the recipe from can remain the same but the design will not do.” Michiru suggested.
 
Namie nodded and began to take down notes. By the end three hours of arguing they had finished their arguing and decided on their four course meal. For appetizers there were Beef Carpaccio Stuffed Mushrooms or Shrimp Cocktails, A Caprese Salad or Corn Chowder, Beef Stroganoff or Seafood Cabonara and finally for dessert a Bananas Foster over homemade vanilla ice cream. It was Astrid's idea to do the Bananas Foster table side to show how good a cook he could be but just because he could control flames didn't mean he'd be good at sautéing. He could easily over cook it with or without powers. Tomorrow afternoon they'd test everything to see if they'd gotten the recipes down. When everyone left Link and Astrid decided to skip the flight for a quiet walk instead. “I know you're gonna be great Astrid.”
 
“I hope so man. I'd like to put that bougie bitch in her place. Even though I can't stand her I don't want Lovely getting caught up in this mess. I'd never forgive myself if she got hurt while we were trying to find the last sage.” Astrid said. As they walked Link thought of the possibilities that Lovely could indeed be the last sage. At that point in the game it could be anyone. Lovely, Namie, Azmara's parents or Misami's parents it didn't matter. Fate chose whomever it willed. Hopefully they'd find the next sage before Raion released his last assassin on Link and his friends. And this last one was indeed someone to be feared.